|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buntu say to Sizwe in regards to seeing Sizwe's information in Part 3?
(a) That now he's in real trouble.
(b) That he's a very smart man.
(c) That he should be ok as long as he leaves soon.
(d) That he should go undercover.
2. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
(a) To work in the mines.
(b) To work as a bellboy.
(c) To work as a rickshaw driver.
(d) To work as a taxi driver.
3. How does Buntu answer to Sizwe's angry question regarding the dead man?
(a) He laughs at Sizwe's naivete.
(b) He yells that Sizwe is stupid.
(c) He shouts that Sizwe is a real character.
(d) He doesn't answer.
4. Where does Sizwe say the raid took place?
(a) At the old dance hall.
(b) On Sizwe's old home.
(c) On Zola's home.
(d) At Buntu's old village.
5. What does Buntu reluctantly do after Sizwe suggests that they let whoever's there know what's happened?
(a) He asks the man his name.
(b) He walks back to the bar.
(c) He asks someone to call the police.
(d) He gets the man's passbook.
6. What does Buntu says he sympathizes with Sizwe for?
(a) Sizwe's anger at the system.
(b) Sizwe's desire to improve himself
(c) The belief that he is doing his best.
(d) The need to escape the bureacracy.
7. What happened to Jacob the other day, according to Buntu in Part 3?
(a) He was found drunk at a popular bar.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He made a speech from his home.
(d) He was buried.
8. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
(a) A passerby.
(b) A bartender who just got off his shift.
9. What does the significance of the dead man's name suggest?
(a) That Zola will re-enter the plot.
(b) That Sizwe has stolen the dead man's identity.
(c) That Buntu will find the man's friends.
(d) That Sizwe will find the man's friends.
10. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
(b) In peace.
(c) Aound the block.
11. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Take the passbook,
(b) Go back to the bar.
(c) Move it.
(d) Report it to the police.
12. What does Buntu say he has discovered in the alleyway outside of the bar?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A small child.
(c) A bag of cash.
(d) A dead body.
13. What is significant about the dead man's name?
(a) It was the name of a friend of Sizwe's father.
(b) It only consists of a first name.
(c) It was the name of a friend of Buntu's father.
(d) It is the same name Sizwe gave Style when he first came into the photograph studio.
14. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
15. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
(a) Continuing to talk in the way he had just been.
(b) Living alone.
(c) Learning his family had been killed.
(d) Losing meaning of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
2. After explaining to Siswe his thoughts on death, what happens to Buntu's mood?
3. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
4. After seeing Sizwe's information, what does Buntu realize?
5. What was the first suggestion by Sizwe to Buntu regarding his discovery in the alleyway?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)