|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Buntu say the preacher compare death to in his speech?
(a) A natural occurence.
(b) A contract with God.
(c) A final goodbye.
(d) A measure of a man's life.
2. What is significant about the dead man's name?
(a) It was the name of a friend of Buntu's father.
(b) It was the name of a friend of Sizwe's father.
(c) It only consists of a first name.
(d) It is the same name Sizwe gave Style when he first came into the photograph studio.
3. By what name does Sizwe introduce himself to the people outside of the bar?
(a) Brother Banzi.
(b) Mister Bansi.
(c) Mister Sizwe.
(d) Mister Siswe Banzi.
4. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
(a) He starts speaking a different language.
(b) He gets held up by a thief.
(c) He meets a homeless person.
(d) He gets lost.
5. What does Sizwe want to do with what he has discovered in the alleyway?
(a) Check his wallet.
(b) Help him.
(c) Hide him.
(d) Ignore him.
6. When Buntu comes out of the bar to join Sizwe in Part 4, what does he suggest?
(a) That they should find prostitutes.
(b) That it's time to go home.
(c) That he wants to have one more drink before leaving.
(d) That they should go back into the bar.
7. What does Buntu proceed to to after explaining about the dead man's book to Sizwe?
(a) Takes the dead man's money.
(b) Walk away.
(c) Take the dead man's clothes.
(d) Takes the dead man's book.
8. What was the first suggestion by Sizwe to Buntu regarding his discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Turn the other direction.
(b) Hide the discovery.
(c) Check for a wallet.
(d) Report the crime.
9. After Buntu's shoots down Sizwe's first two suggestions about the alleyway discovery, what is the next thing Sizwe continue to recommend doing?
(a) Find out where the woman is staying.
(b) Find the man's passbook.
(c) Get out of there.
(d) Report the crime to the police.
10. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
(c) In peace.
(d) Aound the block.
11. What does the significance of the dead man's name suggest?
(a) That Buntu will find the man's friends.
(b) That Zola will re-enter the plot.
(c) That Sizwe has stolen the dead man's identity.
(d) That Sizwe will find the man's friends.
12. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) His driver's license.
(b) His bruises.
(c) His passbook.
(d) His torn clothes.
13. In what profession has Sizwe heard of too many men dying?
(c) Taxi driving.
(d) Rickshaw driving.
14. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind?
(a) That Buntu would forgive himself.
(b) That Buntu could go home to his family.
(c) That Buntu could have a heart.
(d) That Buntu was dead.
15. What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do instead of continuing to live in the country they are in illegally?
(a) To go home and come back to get a new passport.
(b) To only come on a tourist visa.
(c) To leave and go to Japan.
(d) To go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
2. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
3. When Buntu finally fetches the book, what does he first tell Sizwe?
4. After explaining to Siswe his thoughts on death, what happens to Buntu's mood?
5. What kind of trouble did Buntu also run in to although he was born in the area?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)