|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
(a) Continuing to talk in the way he had just been.
(b) Learning his family had been killed.
(c) Living alone.
(d) Losing meaning of life.
2. Where does Sizwe say the raid took place?
(a) At the old dance hall.
(b) On Sizwe's old home.
(c) On Zola's home.
(d) At Buntu's old village.
3. What is the name of the first class liquor Sizwe is served at the bar with Buntu?
(a) Ms. Banzi.
(b) Bangin' Banzi.
(c) Brother Banzi.
(d) Mister Banzi.
4. What happened to Jacob the other day, according to Buntu in Part 3?
(a) He was buried.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was found drunk at a popular bar.
(d) He made a speech from his home.
5. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
(c) A passerby.
(d) A bartender who just got off his shift.
6. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That he was arrested in a raid.
(b) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
(c) That Zola is dangerous.
(d) That he will be arrested soon.
7. What does Buntu says he sympathizes with Sizwe for?
(a) Sizwe's anger at the system.
(b) The need to escape the bureacracy.
(c) Sizwe's desire to improve himself
(d) The belief that he is doing his best.
8. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
(a) He gets lost.
(b) He starts speaking a different language.
(c) He gets held up by a thief.
(d) He meets a homeless person.
9. What was the first suggestion by Sizwe to Buntu regarding his discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Hide the discovery.
(b) Check for a wallet.
(c) Report the crime.
(d) Turn the other direction.
10. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind?
(a) That Buntu could go home to his family.
(b) That Buntu was dead.
(c) That Buntu would forgive himself.
(d) That Buntu could have a heart.
11. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) His torn clothes.
(b) His driver's license.
(c) His bruises.
(d) His passbook.
12. After introducing himself, what does Sizwe tell everyone he meets in Part 4 to do?
(a) Go into the bar.
(b) Thank their mothers.
(c) Go back to their homeland.
(d) Boycott the bar.
13. .What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do after they have a fight outside of the bar?
(a) To forget it all.
(b) To remember this moment.
(c) To get lost.
(d) To come home.
14. By what name does Sizwe introduce himself to the people outside of the bar?
(a) Mister Siswe Banzi.
(b) Mister Bansi.
(c) Mister Sizwe.
(d) Brother Banzi.
15. After Sizwe says he doesn't want to die, how does this effect Buntu?
(a) He becomes distant.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He becomes calmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What system of segregation exists during the time of this play?
2. What does Buntu say he has discovered in the alleyway outside of the bar?
3. What does Sizwe say in response to Buntu's concern over Sizwe's passbook?
4. What does the significance of the dead man's name suggest?
5. What kind of trouble did Buntu also run in to although he was born in the area?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)