|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Buntu finally fetches the book, what does he first tell Sizwe?
(a) The dead man's visa status.
(b) The dead man's home town.
(c) The dead man's age.
(d) The dead man's name.
2. What does Buntu reluctantly do after Sizwe suggests that they let whoever's there know what's happened?
(a) He asks someone to call the police.
(b) He gets the man's passbook.
(c) He asks the man his name.
(d) He walks back to the bar.
3. At the end of Part 3, what does Buntu offer Sizwe to do?
(a) Go out for a drink.
(b) Run away to Zambia with him.
(c) Take the long way to his house.
(d) Go on a road trip together.
4. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
(a) To work as a taxi driver.
(b) To work as a bellboy.
(c) To work in the mines.
(d) To work as a rickshaw driver.
5. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
(b) That Zola is dangerous.
(c) That he was arrested in a raid.
(d) That he will be arrested soon.
6. At the end of Part 4, what does Buntu collect after Sizwe drunkenly stumbles off?
(a) The money of the dead man.
(b) Sizwe's passbook.
(c) Sizwe's clothes.
(d) The dead body of the man.
7. What is the name of the first class liquor Sizwe is served at the bar with Buntu?
(a) Bangin' Banzi.
(b) Ms. Banzi.
(c) Brother Banzi.
(d) Mister Banzi.
8. In Part 4, how does Sizwe begin telling the audience about going to a bar with Buntu?
(a) By shouting angrily about his memories of the bar.
(b) Through narrating his experience to Buntu the next day.
(c) By narrating the dream he had that night.
(d) By narrating his letter to Noweto.
9. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) His passbook.
(b) His bruises.
(c) His driver's license.
(d) His torn clothes.
10. What happened to Jacob the other day, according to Buntu in Part 3?
(a) He made a speech from his home.
(b) He was buried.
(c) He was found drunk at a popular bar.
(d) He was arrested.
11. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
(c) Aound the block.
(d) In peace.
12. In what profession has Sizwe heard of too many men dying?
(b) Taxi driving.
(d) Rickshaw driving.
13. What is Sizwe's first question to Buntu?
(a) "Where is his family?"
(b) "What will become of them?"
(c) "Why is there so much trouble everywhere?"
(d) "Where is he from?"
14. By what name does Sizwe introduce himself to the people outside of the bar?
(a) Mister Siswe Banzi.
(b) Brother Banzi.
(c) Mister Sizwe.
(d) Mister Bansi.
15. When Buntu comes out of the bar to join Sizwe in Part 4, what does he suggest?
(a) That they should go back into the bar.
(b) That he wants to have one more drink before leaving.
(c) That they should find prostitutes.
(d) That it's time to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buntu answer to Sizwe's angry question regarding the dead man?
2. What did Buntu say the preacher compare death to in his speech?
3. After seeing Sizwe's information, what does Buntu realize?
4. After explaining to Siswe his thoughts on death, what happens to Buntu's mood?
5. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind? .
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)