|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Buntu comes out of the bar to join Sizwe in Part 4, what does he suggest?
(a) That they should go back into the bar.
(b) That they should find prostitutes.
(c) That he wants to have one more drink before leaving.
(d) That it's time to go home.
2. What is the reason that Sizwe gives Buntu for not wanting to die yet?
(a) He is afraid of the day.
(b) He has a wife and children.
(c) He needs to reconcile with his father.
(d) He is young.
3. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That he will be arrested soon.
(b) That he was arrested in a raid.
(c) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
(d) That Zola is dangerous.
4. After Sizwe says he doesn't want to die, how does this effect Buntu?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He becomes calmer.
(d) He becomes distant.
5. What does Buntu reluctantly do after Sizwe suggests that they let whoever's there know what's happened?
(a) He asks someone to call the police.
(b) He gets the man's passbook.
(c) He asks the man his name.
(d) He walks back to the bar.
6. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
(b) Aound the block.
(c) In peace.
7. Where does Sizwe say the raid took place?
(a) At the old dance hall.
(b) On Sizwe's old home.
(c) On Zola's home.
(d) At Buntu's old village.
8. .What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do after they have a fight outside of the bar?
(a) To come home.
(b) To forget it all.
(c) To remember this moment.
(d) To get lost.
9. At the end of Part 3, what does Buntu offer Sizwe to do?
(a) Go out for a drink.
(b) Go on a road trip together.
(c) Take the long way to his house.
(d) Run away to Zambia with him.
10. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
(a) Out on the street in front of the bar.
(b) Outside of Buntu's house.
(c) In the back alley of the bar.
(d) Outise of Buntu's car.
11. When Buntu sees the address of the dead man, what does he do?
(a) He encourages Sizwe to sell the book.
(b) He warns Sizwe to leave this book alone.
(c) He refuses to go to that part of town.
(d) He explains how rich that part of town is.
12. What does Sizwe want to do with what he has discovered in the alleyway?
(a) Check his wallet.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Hide him.
(d) Help him.
13. By what name does Sizwe introduce himself to the people outside of the bar?
(a) Brother Banzi.
(b) Mister Siswe Banzi.
(c) Mister Sizwe.
(d) Mister Bansi.
14. What is Sizwe's first question to Buntu?
(a) "What will become of them?"
(b) "Why is there so much trouble everywhere?"
(c) "Where is his family?"
(d) "Where is he from?"
15. What does Buntu says he sympathizes with Sizwe for?
(a) Sizwe's anger at the system.
(b) The belief that he is doing his best.
(c) The need to escape the bureacracy.
(d) Sizwe's desire to improve himself
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
2. What does Buntu remind Sizwe about the possibility of getting a new passbook?
3. What was the first suggestion by Sizwe to Buntu regarding his discovery in the alleyway?
4. How does Sizwe respond to Buntu when Buntu asks him for his passbook a second time at the end of Part 4?
5. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)