|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After explaining to Siswe his thoughts on death, what happens to Buntu's mood?
(a) It gradually becomes angry.
(b) It snaps from dark to lighter.
(c) It changes to exhilarated.
(d) It slowly becomes darker.
2. Why in Part 4, does Buntu try to get Sizwe to leave the street outside the bar quickly?
(a) So as not to get caught by police.
(b) Because his wife will call soon at his home.
(c) So he can get good night's sleep for work the next day.
(d) Because he wants to go to another bar.
3. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
4. What does Buntu say to Sizwe in regards to seeing Sizwe's information in Part 3?
(a) That he's a very smart man.
(b) That he should go undercover.
(c) That he should be ok as long as he leaves soon.
(d) That now he's in real trouble.
5. What does Buntu proceed to to after explaining about the dead man's book to Sizwe?
(a) Takes the dead man's money.
(b) Take the dead man's clothes.
(c) Takes the dead man's book.
(d) Walk away.
6. After introducing himself, what does Sizwe tell everyone he meets in Part 4 to do?
(a) Go back to their homeland.
(b) Boycott the bar.
(c) Go into the bar.
(d) Thank their mothers.
7. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
(a) To stay there until people arrived.
(b) To pray that this wouldn't happen to them.
(c) To leave the area immediately.
(d) To celebrate.
8. What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do instead of continuing to live in the country they are in illegally?
(a) To go home.
(b) To leave and go to Japan.
(c) To only come on a tourist visa.
(d) To go home and come back to get a new passport.
9. In what profession has Sizwe heard of too many men dying?
(c) Rickshaw driving.
(d) Taxi driving.
10. What is Sizwe's angry question to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man alone?
(a) Does Buntu care about family?
(b) Would Buntu enjoy dying himself?
(c) Is this what Buntu would do if HE was dead?
(d) Is Buntu strong enough to carry his own karma?
11. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Go back to the bar.
(b) Move it.
(c) Report it to the police.
(d) Take the passbook,
12. What does Buntu remind Sizwe about the possibility of getting a new passbook?
(a) The dangers of reporting it.
(b) The ease of getting it with the right amount of money.
(c) The low chances of being able to actually renew it.
(d) The bureaucracy involved in it.
13. At what affair did the preacher speak, according to Buntu?
(a) At a wedding.
(b) At a church liturgy.
(c) At a funeral.
(d) At a baptism.
14. What does Sizwe say in response to Buntu's concern over Sizwe's passbook?
(a) That it is important not to tell anyone about it.
(b) That he should forget about it.
(c) That he wonders about the possibility of being able to get another one.
(d) That it is not important.
15. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
(a) Outside of Buntu's house.
(b) Outise of Buntu's car.
(c) Out on the street in front of the bar.
(d) In the back alley of the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
2. What does Buntu say he has discovered in the alleyway outside of the bar?
3. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind? .
4. How does Buntu answer to Sizwe's angry question regarding the dead man?
5. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)