|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buntu answer to Sizwe's angry question regarding the dead man?
(a) He laughs at Sizwe's naivete.
(b) He yells that Sizwe is stupid.
(c) He doesn't answer.
(d) He shouts that Sizwe is a real character.
2. What is the reason that Sizwe gives Buntu for not wanting to die yet?
(a) He is afraid of the day.
(b) He has a wife and children.
(c) He is young.
(d) He needs to reconcile with his father.
3. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) His torn clothes.
(b) His bruises.
(c) His passbook.
(d) His driver's license.
4. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
(a) To work as a bellboy.
(b) To work as a rickshaw driver.
(c) To work as a taxi driver.
(d) To work in the mines.
5. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
(a) A bartender who just got off his shift.
(c) A passerby.
6. What does Buntu say he has discovered in the alleyway outside of the bar?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A bag of cash.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A small child.
7. What does Buntu proceed to to after explaining about the dead man's book to Sizwe?
(a) Take the dead man's clothes.
(b) Takes the dead man's money.
(c) Takes the dead man's book.
(d) Walk away.
8. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Report it to the police.
(b) Take the passbook,
(c) Go back to the bar.
(d) Move it.
9. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That Zola is dangerous.
(b) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
(c) That he will be arrested soon.
(d) That he was arrested in a raid.
10. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind?
(a) That Buntu would forgive himself.
(b) That Buntu could have a heart.
(c) That Buntu could go home to his family.
(d) That Buntu was dead.
11. After introducing himself, what does Sizwe tell everyone he meets in Part 4 to do?
(a) Go back to their homeland.
(b) Thank their mothers.
(c) Boycott the bar.
(d) Go into the bar.
12. What happened to Jacob the other day, according to Buntu in Part 3?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was found drunk at a popular bar.
(c) He was buried.
(d) He made a speech from his home.
13. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
(a) To cool off from the heat of his anger and drunkeness.
(b) To start a fight with Buntu.
(c) To cover the dead man.
(d) To show that he is "just a man".
14. At the end of Part 3, what does Buntu offer Sizwe to do?
(a) Take the long way to his house.
(b) Go out for a drink.
(c) Run away to Zambia with him.
(d) Go on a road trip together.
15. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
(a) After being forgiving.
(b) After fulfilling karma.
(c) After forgiving itself.
(d) In death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the significance of the dead man's name suggest?
2. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
3. In what profession has Sizwe heard of too many men dying?
4. What is significant about the dead man's name?
5. .What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do after they have a fight outside of the bar?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)