|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sizwe's angry question to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man alone?
(a) Does Buntu care about family?
(b) Is this what Buntu would do if HE was dead?
(c) Is Buntu strong enough to carry his own karma?
(d) Would Buntu enjoy dying himself?
2. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
(a) To leave the area immediately.
(b) To stay there until people arrived.
(c) To celebrate.
(d) To pray that this wouldn't happen to them.
3. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
(a) In death.
(b) After fulfilling karma.
(c) After being forgiving.
(d) After forgiving itself.
4. What does the significance of the dead man's name suggest?
(a) That Sizwe has stolen the dead man's identity.
(b) That Zola will re-enter the plot.
(c) That Sizwe will find the man's friends.
(d) That Buntu will find the man's friends.
5. What does Buntu say to Sizwe in regards to seeing Sizwe's information in Part 3?
(a) That he should go undercover.
(b) That he's a very smart man.
(c) That now he's in real trouble.
(d) That he should be ok as long as he leaves soon.
6. When Sizwe finally hands his passbook to Buntu, what does he say at that moment?
(a) That Sizwe is not Sizwe, but Jacob.
(b) That this book makes him less of a man.
(c) What's in the book doesn't make him a man, but that it goes with you everywhere anyway.
(d) That this book is his life, as ridiculous as that may seem.
7. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
(a) To work in the mines.
(b) To work as a rickshaw driver.
(c) To work as a bellboy.
(d) To work as a taxi driver.
8. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That he was arrested in a raid.
(b) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
(c) That he will be arrested soon.
(d) That Zola is dangerous.
9. What kind of trouble did Buntu also run in to although he was born in the area?
(a) Earning respect from the community.
(b) Getting his birth certificate.
(c) Making enough money to feed his family.
(d) Getting his work permit.
10. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) His bruises.
(b) His torn clothes.
(c) His driver's license.
(d) His passbook.
11. What is a common theme between what Styles went through to get his shop and what Sizwe would have to go through to get a new passbook?
12. At the end of Part 3, what does Buntu offer Sizwe to do?
(a) Take the long way to his house.
(b) Go on a road trip together.
(c) Go out for a drink.
(d) Run away to Zambia with him.
13. At what affair did the preacher speak, according to Buntu?
(a) At a funeral.
(b) At a church liturgy.
(c) At a wedding.
(d) At a baptism.
14. When Buntu comes out of the bar to join Sizwe in Part 4, what does he suggest?
(a) That he wants to have one more drink before leaving.
(b) That it's time to go home.
(c) That they should go back into the bar.
(d) That they should find prostitutes.
15. How does Buntu answer to Sizwe's angry question regarding the dead man?
(a) He laughs at Sizwe's naivete.
(b) He doesn't answer.
(c) He yells that Sizwe is stupid.
(d) He shouts that Sizwe is a real character.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
2. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
3. What does Buntu says he sympathizes with Sizwe for?
4. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
5. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)