|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buntu remind Sizwe about the possibility of getting a new passbook?
(a) The dangers of reporting it.
(b) The low chances of being able to actually renew it.
(c) The bureaucracy involved in it.
(d) The ease of getting it with the right amount of money.
2. How does Buntu answer to Sizwe's angry question regarding the dead man?
(a) He laughs at Sizwe's naivete.
(b) He shouts that Sizwe is a real character.
(c) He doesn't answer.
(d) He yells that Sizwe is stupid.
3. What is the name of the first class liquor Sizwe is served at the bar with Buntu?
(a) Mister Banzi.
(b) Ms. Banzi.
(c) Bangin' Banzi.
(d) Brother Banzi.
4. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
5. What is the reason that Sizwe gives Buntu for not wanting to die yet?
(a) He needs to reconcile with his father.
(b) He is young.
(c) He has a wife and children.
(d) He is afraid of the day.
6. What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do instead of continuing to live in the country they are in illegally?
(a) To go home and come back to get a new passport.
(b) To leave and go to Japan.
(c) To go home.
(d) To only come on a tourist visa.
7. What kind of trouble did Buntu also run in to although he was born in the area?
(a) Earning respect from the community.
(b) Making enough money to feed his family.
(c) Getting his birth certificate.
(d) Getting his work permit.
8. What does Buntu says he sympathizes with Sizwe for?
(a) The need to escape the bureacracy.
(b) The belief that he is doing his best.
(c) Sizwe's anger at the system.
(d) Sizwe's desire to improve himself
9. At the end of Part 4, what does Buntu collect after Sizwe drunkenly stumbles off?
(a) The dead body of the man.
(b) Sizwe's clothes.
(c) Sizwe's passbook.
(d) The money of the dead man.
10. What is a common theme between what Styles went through to get his shop and what Sizwe would have to go through to get a new passbook?
11. When Buntu comes out of the bar to join Sizwe in Part 4, what does he suggest?
(a) That they should go back into the bar.
(b) That it's time to go home.
(c) That they should find prostitutes.
(d) That he wants to have one more drink before leaving.
12. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
(a) To cover the dead man.
(b) To show that he is "just a man".
(c) To cool off from the heat of his anger and drunkeness.
(d) To start a fight with Buntu.
13. What was the first suggestion by Sizwe to Buntu regarding his discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Check for a wallet.
(b) Report the crime.
(c) Hide the discovery.
(d) Turn the other direction.
14. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
(a) To pray that this wouldn't happen to them.
(b) To leave the area immediately.
(c) To stay there until people arrived.
(d) To celebrate.
15. Why in Part 4, does Buntu try to get Sizwe to leave the street outside the bar quickly?
(a) Because he wants to go to another bar.
(b) Because his wife will call soon at his home.
(c) So as not to get caught by police.
(d) So he can get good night's sleep for work the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Buntu finally fetches the book, what does he first tell Sizwe?
2. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
3. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind? .
4. After Sizwe says he doesn't want to die, how does this effect Buntu?
5. At what affair did the preacher speak, according to Buntu?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)