|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buntu reluctantly do after Sizwe suggests that they let whoever's there know what's happened?
(a) He asks the man his name.
(b) He walks back to the bar.
(c) He asks someone to call the police.
(d) He gets the man's passbook.
2. After introducing himself, what does Sizwe tell everyone he meets in Part 4 to do?
(a) Go into the bar.
(b) Thank their mothers.
(c) Boycott the bar.
(d) Go back to their homeland.
3. What does Sizwe want to do with what he has discovered in the alleyway?
(a) Help him.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Hide him.
(d) Check his wallet.
4. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
(b) In peace.
(d) Aound the block.
5. What is the name of the first class liquor Sizwe is served at the bar with Buntu?
(a) Mister Banzi.
(b) Bangin' Banzi.
(c) Ms. Banzi.
(d) Brother Banzi.
6. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
(b) That he was arrested in a raid.
(c) That he will be arrested soon.
(d) That Zola is dangerous.
7. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) His torn clothes.
(b) His bruises.
(c) His passbook.
(d) His driver's license.
8. What does Buntu remind Sizwe about the possibility of getting a new passbook?
(a) The low chances of being able to actually renew it.
(b) The dangers of reporting it.
(c) The bureaucracy involved in it.
(d) The ease of getting it with the right amount of money.
9. What does Buntu say to Sizwe in regards to seeing Sizwe's information in Part 3?
(a) That he should be ok as long as he leaves soon.
(b) That he should go undercover.
(c) That he's a very smart man.
(d) That now he's in real trouble.
10. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
(a) Losing meaning of life.
(b) Continuing to talk in the way he had just been.
(c) Living alone.
(d) Learning his family had been killed.
11. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
(a) Hope that he will not become another Jacob in the near future.
(b) Hope that the peace of death will sustain him through the tough times in life.
(c) Fear not to question the system in place.
(d) Fear that death is not the end of suffering.
12. What kind of trouble did Buntu also run in to although he was born in the area?
(a) Getting his birth certificate.
(b) Earning respect from the community.
(c) Getting his work permit.
(d) Making enough money to feed his family.
13. Why in Part 4, does Buntu try to get Sizwe to leave the street outside the bar quickly?
(a) So he can get good night's sleep for work the next day.
(b) Because his wife will call soon at his home.
(c) So as not to get caught by police.
(d) Because he wants to go to another bar.
14. When Buntu sees the address of the dead man, what does he do?
(a) He refuses to go to that part of town.
(b) He explains how rich that part of town is.
(c) He encourages Sizwe to sell the book.
(d) He warns Sizwe to leave this book alone.
15. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
(a) After forgiving itself.
(b) After being forgiving.
(c) In death.
(d) After fulfilling karma.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Buntu finally fetches the book, what does he first tell Sizwe?
2. What system of segregation exists during the time of this play?
3. After seeing Sizwe's information, what does Buntu realize?
4. By what name does Sizwe introduce himself to the people outside of the bar?
5. After Sizwe says he doesn't want to die, how does this effect Buntu?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)