|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That Zola is dangerous.
(b) That he will be arrested soon.
(c) That he was arrested in a raid.
(d) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
2. At what affair did the preacher speak, according to Buntu?
(a) At a wedding.
(b) At a funeral.
(c) At a church liturgy.
(d) At a baptism.
3. When Buntu finally fetches the book, what does he first tell Sizwe?
(a) The dead man's name.
(b) The dead man's age.
(c) The dead man's visa status.
(d) The dead man's home town.
4. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Go back to the bar.
(b) Take the passbook,
(c) Move it.
(d) Report it to the police.
5. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
(a) To pray that this wouldn't happen to them.
(b) To stay there until people arrived.
(c) To leave the area immediately.
(d) To celebrate.
6. .What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do after they have a fight outside of the bar?
(a) To forget it all.
(b) To get lost.
(c) To remember this moment.
(d) To come home.
7. How does Sizwe respond to Buntu when Buntu asks him for his passbook a second time at the end of Part 4?
(a) He refuses to give it over.
(b) He laughs and hands it over.
(c) He acts as though he has lost it.
(d) He begins to run away from Buntu.
8. What does Buntu reluctantly do after Sizwe suggests that they let whoever's there know what's happened?
(a) He gets the man's passbook.
(b) He asks someone to call the police.
(c) He asks the man his name.
(d) He walks back to the bar.
9. What is significant about the dead man's name?
(a) It only consists of a first name.
(b) It is the same name Sizwe gave Style when he first came into the photograph studio.
(c) It was the name of a friend of Buntu's father.
(d) It was the name of a friend of Sizwe's father.
10. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
(a) He meets a homeless person.
(b) He gets lost.
(c) He starts speaking a different language.
(d) He gets held up by a thief.
11. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) His driver's license.
(b) His bruises.
(c) His torn clothes.
(d) His passbook.
12. What did Buntu say the preacher compare death to in his speech?
(a) A contract with God.
(b) A natural occurence.
(c) A measure of a man's life.
(d) A final goodbye.
13. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
(a) Hope that he will not become another Jacob in the near future.
(b) Hope that the peace of death will sustain him through the tough times in life.
(c) Fear not to question the system in place.
(d) Fear that death is not the end of suffering.
14. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
(a) Out on the street in front of the bar.
(b) Outside of Buntu's house.
(c) In the back alley of the bar.
(d) Outise of Buntu's car.
15. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind?
(a) That Buntu could go home to his family.
(b) That Buntu could have a heart.
(c) That Buntu was dead.
(d) That Buntu would forgive himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
2. What does Buntu say to Sizwe in regards to seeing Sizwe's information in Part 3?
3. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
4. When Sizwe finally hands his passbook to Buntu, what does he say at that moment?
5. What is Sizwe's first question to Buntu?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)