|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What system of segregation exists during the time of this play?
(a) Church and State.
(b) Privatization of banking and the government finance system.
(c) Muslims and Christians.
2. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
(a) Losing meaning of life.
(b) Learning his family had been killed.
(c) Living alone.
(d) Continuing to talk in the way he had just been.
3. What does the significance of the dead man's name suggest?
(a) That Sizwe will find the man's friends.
(b) That Zola will re-enter the plot.
(c) That Buntu will find the man's friends.
(d) That Sizwe has stolen the dead man's identity.
4. At the end of Part 4, what does Buntu collect after Sizwe drunkenly stumbles off?
(a) Sizwe's clothes.
(b) The money of the dead man.
(c) The dead body of the man.
(d) Sizwe's passbook.
5. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
(b) A passerby.
(c) A bartender who just got off his shift.
6. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
(a) In the back alley of the bar.
(b) Outise of Buntu's car.
(c) Out on the street in front of the bar.
(d) Outside of Buntu's house.
7. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind?
(a) That Buntu could have a heart.
(b) That Buntu would forgive himself.
(c) That Buntu was dead.
(d) That Buntu could go home to his family.
8. After introducing himself, what does Sizwe tell everyone he meets in Part 4 to do?
(a) Thank their mothers.
(b) Boycott the bar.
(c) Go into the bar.
(d) Go back to their homeland.
9. What does Sizwe want to do with what he has discovered in the alleyway?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Check his wallet.
(c) Help him.
(d) Hide him.
10. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That Zola is dangerous.
(b) That he was arrested in a raid.
(c) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
(d) That he will be arrested soon.
11. When Buntu comes out of the bar to join Sizwe in Part 4, what does he suggest?
(a) That it's time to go home.
(b) That he wants to have one more drink before leaving.
(c) That they should go back into the bar.
(d) That they should find prostitutes.
12. What does Buntu reluctantly do after Sizwe suggests that they let whoever's there know what's happened?
(a) He gets the man's passbook.
(b) He asks someone to call the police.
(c) He walks back to the bar.
(d) He asks the man his name.
13. By what name does Sizwe introduce himself to the people outside of the bar?
(a) Mister Siswe Banzi.
(b) Mister Sizwe.
(c) Mister Bansi.
(d) Brother Banzi.
14. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Go back to the bar.
(b) Take the passbook,
(c) Move it.
(d) Report it to the police.
15. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
(a) He gets lost.
(b) He meets a homeless person.
(c) He starts speaking a different language.
(d) He gets held up by a thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
2. What does Sizwe say in response to Buntu's concern over Sizwe's passbook?
3. What does Buntu remind Sizwe about the possibility of getting a new passbook?
4. How does Sizwe respond to Buntu when Buntu asks him for his passbook a second time at the end of Part 4?
5. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)