|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Buntu say the preacher compare death to in his speech?
(a) A measure of a man's life.
(b) A final goodbye.
(c) A contract with God.
(d) A natural occurence.
2. What system of segregation exists during the time of this play?
(a) Muslims and Christians.
(c) Church and State.
(d) Privatization of banking and the government finance system.
3. What does Buntu say he has discovered in the alleyway outside of the bar?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A bag of cash.
(d) A small child.
4. At the end of Part 3, what does Buntu offer Sizwe to do?
(a) Run away to Zambia with him.
(b) Go out for a drink.
(c) Go on a road trip together.
(d) Take the long way to his house.
5. What is Sizwe's first question to Buntu?
(a) "Where is his family?"
(b) "Why is there so much trouble everywhere?"
(c) "Where is he from?"
(d) "What will become of them?"
6. After Sizwe says he doesn't want to die, how does this effect Buntu?
(a) He becomes distant.
(b) He becomes calmer.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He becomes angry.
7. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
(b) A bartender who just got off his shift.
(d) A passerby.
8. At the end of Part 4, what does Buntu collect after Sizwe drunkenly stumbles off?
(a) The dead body of the man.
(b) Sizwe's passbook.
(c) The money of the dead man.
(d) Sizwe's clothes.
9. What does Buntu proceed to to after explaining about the dead man's book to Sizwe?
(a) Takes the dead man's money.
(b) Walk away.
(c) Takes the dead man's book.
(d) Take the dead man's clothes.
10. What is the reason that Sizwe gives Buntu for not wanting to die yet?
(a) He needs to reconcile with his father.
(b) He has a wife and children.
(c) He is young.
(d) He is afraid of the day.
11. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
(a) Outside of Buntu's house.
(b) Out on the street in front of the bar.
(c) Outise of Buntu's car.
(d) In the back alley of the bar.
12. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
13. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
(b) In peace.
(d) Aound the block.
14. How does Buntu answer to Sizwe's angry question regarding the dead man?
(a) He yells that Sizwe is stupid.
(b) He laughs at Sizwe's naivete.
(c) He doesn't answer.
(d) He shouts that Sizwe is a real character.
15. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
(a) He meets a homeless person.
(b) He gets held up by a thief.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) He starts speaking a different language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buntu says he sympathizes with Sizwe for?
2. What does Sizwe want to do with what he has discovered in the alleyway?
3. Where does Sizwe say the raid took place?
4. After introducing himself, what does Sizwe tell everyone he meets in Part 4 to do?
5. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind? .
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)