|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
(a) Living alone.
(b) Losing meaning of life.
(c) Continuing to talk in the way he had just been.
(d) Learning his family had been killed.
2. What does Buntu reluctantly do after Sizwe suggests that they let whoever's there know what's happened?
(a) He walks back to the bar.
(b) He gets the man's passbook.
(c) He asks someone to call the police.
(d) He asks the man his name.
3. When Buntu sees the address of the dead man, what does he do?
(a) He encourages Sizwe to sell the book.
(b) He refuses to go to that part of town.
(c) He explains how rich that part of town is.
(d) He warns Sizwe to leave this book alone.
4. What does Buntu says he sympathizes with Sizwe for?
(a) Sizwe's desire to improve himself
(b) The belief that he is doing his best.
(c) Sizwe's anger at the system.
(d) The need to escape the bureacracy.
5. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
(b) That Zola is dangerous.
(c) That he will be arrested soon.
(d) That he was arrested in a raid.
6. What is a common theme between what Styles went through to get his shop and what Sizwe would have to go through to get a new passbook?
7. How does Sizwe respond to Buntu when Buntu asks him for his passbook a second time at the end of Part 4?
(a) He acts as though he has lost it.
(b) He begins to run away from Buntu.
(c) He refuses to give it over.
(d) He laughs and hands it over.
8. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
(a) To leave the area immediately.
(b) To stay there until people arrived.
(c) To celebrate.
(d) To pray that this wouldn't happen to them.
9. After seeing Sizwe's information, what does Buntu realize?
(a) That Sizwe was lying about his identity.
(b) That Sizwe's age does not match his face.
(c) That Sizwe should have been back in his home country the day before.
(d) That Sizwe is not who he proposes to be.
10. What does the significance of the dead man's name suggest?
(a) That Zola will re-enter the plot.
(b) That Sizwe will find the man's friends.
(c) That Sizwe has stolen the dead man's identity.
(d) That Buntu will find the man's friends.
11. When Buntu finally fetches the book, what does he first tell Sizwe?
(a) The dead man's visa status.
(b) The dead man's home town.
(c) The dead man's name.
(d) The dead man's age.
12. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Move it.
(b) Go back to the bar.
(c) Report it to the police.
(d) Take the passbook,
13. When Sizwe finally hands his passbook to Buntu, what does he say at that moment?
(a) That this book is his life, as ridiculous as that may seem.
(b) What's in the book doesn't make him a man, but that it goes with you everywhere anyway.
(c) That this book makes him less of a man.
(d) That Sizwe is not Sizwe, but Jacob.
14. After Sizwe says he doesn't want to die, how does this effect Buntu?
(a) He becomes distant.
(b) He becomes calmer.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He becomes angry.
15. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind?
(a) That Buntu could go home to his family.
(b) That Buntu could have a heart.
(c) That Buntu would forgive himself.
(d) That Buntu was dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
2. What is significant about the dead man's name?
3. At the end of Part 4, what does Buntu collect after Sizwe drunkenly stumbles off?
4. What does Buntu say to Sizwe in regards to seeing Sizwe's information in Part 3?
5. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)