|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that Sizwe gives Buntu for not wanting to die yet?
(a) He has a wife and children.
(b) He is young.
(c) He is afraid of the day.
(d) He needs to reconcile with his father.
2. What does Buntu proceed to to after explaining about the dead man's book to Sizwe?
(a) Take the dead man's clothes.
(b) Walk away.
(c) Takes the dead man's money.
(d) Takes the dead man's book.
3. In what profession has Sizwe heard of too many men dying?
(b) Taxi driving.
(d) Rickshaw driving.
4. When Sizwe finally hands his passbook to Buntu, what does he say at that moment?
(a) What's in the book doesn't make him a man, but that it goes with you everywhere anyway.
(b) That this book is his life, as ridiculous as that may seem.
(c) That this book makes him less of a man.
(d) That Sizwe is not Sizwe, but Jacob.
5. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind?
(a) That Buntu was dead.
(b) That Buntu could have a heart.
(c) That Buntu could go home to his family.
(d) That Buntu would forgive himself.
6. What happened to Jacob the other day, according to Buntu in Part 3?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He made a speech from his home.
(c) He was found drunk at a popular bar.
(d) He was buried.
7. What does Buntu remind Sizwe about the possibility of getting a new passbook?
(a) The low chances of being able to actually renew it.
(b) The ease of getting it with the right amount of money.
(c) The bureaucracy involved in it.
(d) The dangers of reporting it.
8. What does Sizwe say in response to Buntu's concern over Sizwe's passbook?
(a) That it is important not to tell anyone about it.
(b) That he should forget about it.
(c) That it is not important.
(d) That he wonders about the possibility of being able to get another one.
9. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
(a) To show that he is "just a man".
(b) To cover the dead man.
(c) To cool off from the heat of his anger and drunkeness.
(d) To start a fight with Buntu.
10. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
(a) Losing meaning of life.
(b) Living alone.
(c) Continuing to talk in the way he had just been.
(d) Learning his family had been killed.
11. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
(a) A bartender who just got off his shift.
(d) A passerby.
12. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Take the passbook,
(b) Move it.
(c) Report it to the police.
(d) Go back to the bar.
13. After Sizwe says he doesn't want to die, how does this effect Buntu?
(a) He becomes calmer.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He becomes distant.
(d) He becomes angry.
14. How does Buntu answer to Sizwe's angry question regarding the dead man?
(a) He laughs at Sizwe's naivete.
(b) He shouts that Sizwe is a real character.
(c) He doesn't answer.
(d) He yells that Sizwe is stupid.
15. What is the name of the first class liquor Sizwe is served at the bar with Buntu?
(a) Mister Banzi.
(b) Ms. Banzi.
(c) Bangin' Banzi.
(d) Brother Banzi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
2. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
3. What is Sizwe's angry question to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man alone?
4. After Buntu's shoots down Sizwe's first two suggestions about the alleyway discovery, what is the next thing Sizwe continue to recommend doing?
5. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)