|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sizwe says he doesn't want to die, how does this effect Buntu?
(a) He becomes distant.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He becomes calmer.
2. What kind of trouble did Buntu also run in to although he was born in the area?
(a) Earning respect from the community.
(b) Getting his work permit.
(c) Getting his birth certificate.
(d) Making enough money to feed his family.
3. After explaining to Siswe his thoughts on death, what happens to Buntu's mood?
(a) It changes to exhilarated.
(b) It slowly becomes darker.
(c) It gradually becomes angry.
(d) It snaps from dark to lighter.
4. What system of segregation exists during the time of this play?
(a) Muslims and Christians.
(b) Church and State.
(c) Privatization of banking and the government finance system.
5. What did Buntu say the preacher compare death to in his speech?
(a) A contract with God.
(b) A final goodbye.
(c) A measure of a man's life.
(d) A natural occurence.
6. What is Sizwe's angry question to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man alone?
(a) Does Buntu care about family?
(b) Would Buntu enjoy dying himself?
(c) Is this what Buntu would do if HE was dead?
(d) Is Buntu strong enough to carry his own karma?
7. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
(a) After fulfilling karma.
(b) After forgiving itself.
(c) After being forgiving.
(d) In death.
8. What was the first suggestion by Sizwe to Buntu regarding his discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Check for a wallet.
(b) Hide the discovery.
(c) Report the crime.
(d) Turn the other direction.
9. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That he was arrested in a raid.
(b) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
(c) That Zola is dangerous.
(d) That he will be arrested soon.
10. At the end of Part 3, what does Buntu offer Sizwe to do?
(a) Run away to Zambia with him.
(b) Go on a road trip together.
(c) Go out for a drink.
(d) Take the long way to his house.
11. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
(a) Out on the street in front of the bar.
(b) In the back alley of the bar.
(c) Outside of Buntu's house.
(d) Outise of Buntu's car.
12. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) His bruises.
(b) His torn clothes.
(c) His passbook.
(d) His driver's license.
13. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
(a) Fear not to question the system in place.
(b) Fear that death is not the end of suffering.
(c) Hope that he will not become another Jacob in the near future.
(d) Hope that the peace of death will sustain him through the tough times in life.
14. What does Buntu reluctantly do after Sizwe suggests that they let whoever's there know what's happened?
(a) He gets the man's passbook.
(b) He asks someone to call the police.
(c) He asks the man his name.
(d) He walks back to the bar.
15. In what profession has Sizwe heard of too many men dying?
(a) Taxi driving.
(d) Rickshaw driving.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
2. What is the name of the first class liquor Sizwe is served at the bar with Buntu?
3. What does Buntu say he has discovered in the alleyway outside of the bar?
4. What is Sizwe's first question to Buntu?
5. After introducing himself, what does Sizwe tell everyone he meets in Part 4 to do?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)