|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of trouble did Buntu also run in to although he was born in the area?
(a) Earning respect from the community.
(b) Making enough money to feed his family.
(c) Getting his birth certificate.
(d) Getting his work permit.
2. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Go back to the bar.
(b) Report it to the police.
(c) Take the passbook,
(d) Move it.
3. What does Buntu reluctantly do after Sizwe suggests that they let whoever's there know what's happened?
(a) He walks back to the bar.
(b) He asks someone to call the police.
(c) He gets the man's passbook.
(d) He asks the man his name.
4. What does Buntu proceed to to after explaining about the dead man's book to Sizwe?
(a) Takes the dead man's book.
(b) Takes the dead man's money.
(c) Walk away.
(d) Take the dead man's clothes.
5. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
6. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
(a) Fear not to question the system in place.
(b) Hope that he will not become another Jacob in the near future.
(c) Hope that the peace of death will sustain him through the tough times in life.
(d) Fear that death is not the end of suffering.
7. What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do instead of continuing to live in the country they are in illegally?
(a) To go home.
(b) To only come on a tourist visa.
(c) To leave and go to Japan.
(d) To go home and come back to get a new passport.
8. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
(a) To cool off from the heat of his anger and drunkeness.
(b) To cover the dead man.
(c) To show that he is "just a man".
(d) To start a fight with Buntu.
9. Where does Sizwe say the raid took place?
(a) At Buntu's old village.
(b) At the old dance hall.
(c) On Zola's home.
(d) On Sizwe's old home.
10. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
(b) A passerby.
(c) A bartender who just got off his shift.
11. By what name does Sizwe introduce himself to the people outside of the bar?
(a) Brother Banzi.
(b) Mister Bansi.
(c) Mister Sizwe.
(d) Mister Siswe Banzi.
12. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind?
(a) That Buntu would forgive himself.
(b) That Buntu was dead.
(c) That Buntu could go home to his family.
(d) That Buntu could have a heart.
13. In Part 4, how does Sizwe begin telling the audience about going to a bar with Buntu?
(a) By narrating the dream he had that night.
(b) Through narrating his experience to Buntu the next day.
(c) By shouting angrily about his memories of the bar.
(d) By narrating his letter to Noweto.
14. What happened to Jacob the other day, according to Buntu in Part 3?
(a) He was found drunk at a popular bar.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He made a speech from his home.
(d) He was buried.
15. What does the significance of the dead man's name suggest?
(a) That Zola will re-enter the plot.
(b) That Sizwe has stolen the dead man's identity.
(c) That Sizwe will find the man's friends.
(d) That Buntu will find the man's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sizwe's angry question to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man alone?
2. After Sizwe says he doesn't want to die, how does this effect Buntu?
3. What is a common theme between what Styles went through to get his shop and what Sizwe would have to go through to get a new passbook?
4. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
5. What is Sizwe's first question to Buntu?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)