|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that Sizwe gives Buntu for not wanting to die yet?
(a) He needs to reconcile with his father.
(b) He is afraid of the day.
(c) He is young.
(d) He has a wife and children.
2. What system of segregation exists during the time of this play?
(a) Muslims and Christians.
(c) Privatization of banking and the government finance system.
(d) Church and State.
3. What does Sizwe want to do with what he has discovered in the alleyway?
(a) Check his wallet.
(b) Help him.
(c) Hide him.
(d) Ignore him.
4. When Buntu sees the address of the dead man, what does he do?
(a) He warns Sizwe to leave this book alone.
(b) He explains how rich that part of town is.
(c) He refuses to go to that part of town.
(d) He encourages Sizwe to sell the book.
5. When Buntu comes out of the bar to join Sizwe in Part 4, what does he suggest?
(a) That it's time to go home.
(b) That they should find prostitutes.
(c) That they should go back into the bar.
(d) That he wants to have one more drink before leaving.
6. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
(a) Aound the block.
(b) In peace.
7. In what profession has Sizwe heard of too many men dying?
(c) Taxi driving.
(d) Rickshaw driving.
8. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
(a) After being forgiving.
(b) In death.
(c) After fulfilling karma.
(d) After forgiving itself.
9. What is a common theme between what Styles went through to get his shop and what Sizwe would have to go through to get a new passbook?
10. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) His torn clothes.
(b) His passbook.
(c) His bruises.
(d) His driver's license.
11. When Sizwe finally hands his passbook to Buntu, what does he say at that moment?
(a) What's in the book doesn't make him a man, but that it goes with you everywhere anyway.
(b) That this book is his life, as ridiculous as that may seem.
(c) That Sizwe is not Sizwe, but Jacob.
(d) That this book makes him less of a man.
12. After introducing himself, what does Sizwe tell everyone he meets in Part 4 to do?
(a) Thank their mothers.
(b) Go into the bar.
(c) Go back to their homeland.
(d) Boycott the bar.
13. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That he will be arrested soon.
(b) That Zola is dangerous.
(c) That he was arrested in a raid.
(d) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
14. At the end of Part 3, what does Buntu offer Sizwe to do?
(a) Go out for a drink.
(b) Run away to Zambia with him.
(c) Take the long way to his house.
(d) Go on a road trip together.
15. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
(a) A bartender who just got off his shift.
(d) A passerby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
2. What does Buntu say he has discovered in the alleyway outside of the bar?
3. What does Buntu reluctantly do after Sizwe suggests that they let whoever's there know what's happened?
4. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind? .
5. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)