|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After explaining to Siswe his thoughts on death, what happens to Buntu's mood?
(a) It snaps from dark to lighter.
(b) It gradually becomes angry.
(c) It slowly becomes darker.
(d) It changes to exhilarated.
2. .What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do after they have a fight outside of the bar?
(a) To get lost.
(b) To come home.
(c) To remember this moment.
(d) To forget it all.
3. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
(a) Learning his family had been killed.
(b) Losing meaning of life.
(c) Continuing to talk in the way he had just been.
(d) Living alone.
4. What does Sizwe say in response to Buntu's concern over Sizwe's passbook?
(a) That it is not important.
(b) That it is important not to tell anyone about it.
(c) That he should forget about it.
(d) That he wonders about the possibility of being able to get another one.
5. What is Sizwe's first question to Buntu?
(a) "What will become of them?"
(b) "Where is he from?"
(c) "Why is there so much trouble everywhere?"
(d) "Where is his family?"
6. After seeing Sizwe's information, what does Buntu realize?
(a) That Sizwe's age does not match his face.
(b) That Sizwe is not who he proposes to be.
(c) That Sizwe should have been back in his home country the day before.
(d) That Sizwe was lying about his identity.
7. What does Buntu say he has discovered in the alleyway outside of the bar?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A small child.
(c) A bag of cash.
(d) A dead body.
8. What is the name of the first class liquor Sizwe is served at the bar with Buntu?
(a) Mister Banzi.
(b) Brother Banzi.
(c) Ms. Banzi.
(d) Bangin' Banzi.
9. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
(b) Aound the block.
(d) In peace.
10. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
(a) To work as a bellboy.
(b) To work in the mines.
(c) To work as a taxi driver.
(d) To work as a rickshaw driver.
11. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
(a) Fear not to question the system in place.
(b) Hope that he will not become another Jacob in the near future.
(c) Fear that death is not the end of suffering.
(d) Hope that the peace of death will sustain him through the tough times in life.
12. What did Buntu say the preacher compare death to in his speech?
(a) A final goodbye.
(b) A natural occurence.
(c) A contract with God.
(d) A measure of a man's life.
13. What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do instead of continuing to live in the country they are in illegally?
(a) To leave and go to Japan.
(b) To only come on a tourist visa.
(c) To go home and come back to get a new passport.
(d) To go home.
14. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) His torn clothes.
(b) His driver's license.
(c) His passbook.
(d) His bruises.
15. How does Sizwe respond to Buntu when Buntu asks him for his passbook a second time at the end of Part 4?
(a) He begins to run away from Buntu.
(b) He acts as though he has lost it.
(c) He refuses to give it over.
(d) He laughs and hands it over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
2. What was the first suggestion by Sizwe to Buntu regarding his discovery in the alleyway?
3. When Buntu sees the address of the dead man, what does he do?
4. What does Buntu remind Sizwe about the possibility of getting a new passbook?
5. In what profession has Sizwe heard of too many men dying?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)