|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
2. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That he was arrested in a raid.
(b) That he will be arrested soon.
(c) That Zola is dangerous.
(d) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
3. .What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do after they have a fight outside of the bar?
(a) To remember this moment.
(b) To forget it all.
(c) To get lost.
(d) To come home.
4. What does the significance of the dead man's name suggest?
(a) That Sizwe will find the man's friends.
(b) That Zola will re-enter the plot.
(c) That Sizwe has stolen the dead man's identity.
(d) That Buntu will find the man's friends.
5. Why in Part 4, does Buntu try to get Sizwe to leave the street outside the bar quickly?
(a) Because he wants to go to another bar.
(b) Because his wife will call soon at his home.
(c) So as not to get caught by police.
(d) So he can get good night's sleep for work the next day.
6. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
(a) Fear that death is not the end of suffering.
(b) Hope that he will not become another Jacob in the near future.
(c) Fear not to question the system in place.
(d) Hope that the peace of death will sustain him through the tough times in life.
7. At the end of Part 4, what does Buntu collect after Sizwe drunkenly stumbles off?
(a) Sizwe's clothes.
(b) The dead body of the man.
(c) The money of the dead man.
(d) Sizwe's passbook.
8. What does Buntu proceed to to after explaining about the dead man's book to Sizwe?
(a) Walk away.
(b) Takes the dead man's money.
(c) Takes the dead man's book.
(d) Take the dead man's clothes.
9. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
(b) A bartender who just got off his shift.
(d) A passerby.
10. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
(a) Aound the block.
(d) In peace.
11. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
(a) After being forgiving.
(b) In death.
(c) After fulfilling karma.
(d) After forgiving itself.
12. What system of segregation exists during the time of this play?
(a) Muslims and Christians.
(c) Privatization of banking and the government finance system.
(d) Church and State.
13. After seeing Sizwe's information, what does Buntu realize?
(a) That Sizwe was lying about his identity.
(b) That Sizwe is not who he proposes to be.
(c) That Sizwe should have been back in his home country the day before.
(d) That Sizwe's age does not match his face.
14. What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do instead of continuing to live in the country they are in illegally?
(a) To only come on a tourist visa.
(b) To go home.
(c) To leave and go to Japan.
(d) To go home and come back to get a new passport.
15. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
(a) He meets a homeless person.
(b) He gets held up by a thief.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) He starts speaking a different language.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Buntu finally fetches the book, what does he first tell Sizwe?
2. What is significant about the dead man's name?
3. After explaining to Siswe his thoughts on death, what happens to Buntu's mood?
4. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
5. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)