|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Sizwe introduce himself to the people outside of the bar?
(a) Mister Siswe Banzi.
(b) Mister Sizwe.
(c) Mister Bansi.
(d) Brother Banzi.
2. When Sizwe finally hands his passbook to Buntu, what does he say at that moment?
(a) What's in the book doesn't make him a man, but that it goes with you everywhere anyway.
(b) That Sizwe is not Sizwe, but Jacob.
(c) That this book is his life, as ridiculous as that may seem.
(d) That this book makes him less of a man.
3. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
(a) To start a fight with Buntu.
(b) To show that he is "just a man".
(c) To cool off from the heat of his anger and drunkeness.
(d) To cover the dead man.
4. How does Sizwe respond to Buntu when Buntu asks him for his passbook a second time at the end of Part 4?
(a) He acts as though he has lost it.
(b) He begins to run away from Buntu.
(c) He laughs and hands it over.
(d) He refuses to give it over.
5. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That he will be arrested soon.
(b) That Zola is dangerous.
(c) That he was arrested in a raid.
(d) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
6. What does Buntu say he has discovered in the alleyway outside of the bar?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A bag of cash.
(d) A small child.
7. What is the reason that Sizwe gives Buntu for not wanting to die yet?
(a) He needs to reconcile with his father.
(b) He has a wife and children.
(c) He is young.
(d) He is afraid of the day.
8. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
9. In Part 4, how does Sizwe begin telling the audience about going to a bar with Buntu?
(a) Through narrating his experience to Buntu the next day.
(b) By narrating the dream he had that night.
(c) By shouting angrily about his memories of the bar.
(d) By narrating his letter to Noweto.
10. When Buntu sees the address of the dead man, what does he do?
(a) He warns Sizwe to leave this book alone.
(b) He refuses to go to that part of town.
(c) He explains how rich that part of town is.
(d) He encourages Sizwe to sell the book.
11. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
(a) After fulfilling karma.
(b) After forgiving itself.
(c) In death.
(d) After being forgiving.
12. What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do instead of continuing to live in the country they are in illegally?
(a) To only come on a tourist visa.
(b) To go home.
(c) To go home and come back to get a new passport.
(d) To leave and go to Japan.
13. After seeing Sizwe's information, what does Buntu realize?
(a) That Sizwe's age does not match his face.
(b) That Sizwe should have been back in his home country the day before.
(c) That Sizwe was lying about his identity.
(d) That Sizwe is not who he proposes to be.
14. At the end of Part 3, what does Buntu offer Sizwe to do?
(a) Go on a road trip together.
(b) Go out for a drink.
(c) Run away to Zambia with him.
(d) Take the long way to his house.
15. What does Buntu remind Sizwe about the possibility of getting a new passbook?
(a) The bureaucracy involved in it.
(b) The dangers of reporting it.
(c) The low chances of being able to actually renew it.
(d) The ease of getting it with the right amount of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sizwe say the raid took place?
2. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
3. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
4. What does Buntu proceed to to after explaining about the dead man's book to Sizwe?
5. .What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do after they have a fight outside of the bar?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)