|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What system of segregation exists during the time of this play?
(a) Privatization of banking and the government finance system.
(c) Muslims and Christians.
(d) Church and State.
2. Where does Sizwe say the raid took place?
(a) On Sizwe's old home.
(b) At Buntu's old village.
(c) At the old dance hall.
(d) On Zola's home.
3. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
4. In Part 4, how does Sizwe begin telling the audience about going to a bar with Buntu?
(a) By narrating his letter to Noweto.
(b) By shouting angrily about his memories of the bar.
(c) Through narrating his experience to Buntu the next day.
(d) By narrating the dream he had that night.
5. When Buntu finally fetches the book, what does he first tell Sizwe?
(a) The dead man's age.
(b) The dead man's name.
(c) The dead man's visa status.
(d) The dead man's home town.
6. By what name does Sizwe introduce himself to the people outside of the bar?
(a) Mister Bansi.
(b) Brother Banzi.
(c) Mister Siswe Banzi.
(d) Mister Sizwe.
7. What did Buntu say the preacher compare death to in his speech?
(a) A natural occurence.
(b) A measure of a man's life.
(c) A final goodbye.
(d) A contract with God.
8. How does Sizwe respond to Buntu when Buntu asks him for his passbook a second time at the end of Part 4?
(a) He laughs and hands it over.
(b) He refuses to give it over.
(c) He acts as though he has lost it.
(d) He begins to run away from Buntu.
9. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
(a) After forgiving itself.
(b) After fulfilling karma.
(c) After being forgiving.
(d) In death.
10. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
(b) A bartender who just got off his shift.
(c) A passerby.
11. What happened to Jacob the other day, according to Buntu in Part 3?
(a) He was buried.
(b) He made a speech from his home.
(c) He was found drunk at a popular bar.
(d) He was arrested.
12. Why in Part 4, does Buntu try to get Sizwe to leave the street outside the bar quickly?
(a) Because his wife will call soon at his home.
(b) So he can get good night's sleep for work the next day.
(c) Because he wants to go to another bar.
(d) So as not to get caught by police.
13. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
(a) To work as a taxi driver.
(b) To work in the mines.
(c) To work as a rickshaw driver.
(d) To work as a bellboy.
14. In what profession has Sizwe heard of too many men dying?
(a) Taxi driving.
(d) Rickshaw driving.
15. When Buntu sees the address of the dead man, what does he do?
(a) He warns Sizwe to leave this book alone.
(b) He refuses to go to that part of town.
(c) He encourages Sizwe to sell the book.
(d) He explains how rich that part of town is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
2. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
3. What is significant about the dead man's name?
4. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
5. What does Buntu say to Sizwe in regards to seeing Sizwe's information in Part 3?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)