|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. .What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do after they have a fight outside of the bar?
(a) To get lost.
(b) To remember this moment.
(c) To come home.
(d) To forget it all.
2. What was the first suggestion by Sizwe to Buntu regarding his discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Turn the other direction.
(b) Hide the discovery.
(c) Check for a wallet.
(d) Report the crime.
3. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
(a) To work in the mines.
(b) To work as a bellboy.
(c) To work as a rickshaw driver.
(d) To work as a taxi driver.
4. What does Buntu says he sympathizes with Sizwe for?
(a) Sizwe's anger at the system.
(b) The need to escape the bureacracy.
(c) The belief that he is doing his best.
(d) Sizwe's desire to improve himself
5. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That he will be arrested soon.
(b) That Zola is dangerous.
(c) That he was arrested in a raid.
(d) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
6. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
(a) Continuing to talk in the way he had just been.
(b) Learning his family had been killed.
(c) Living alone.
(d) Losing meaning of life.
7. At the end of Part 4, what does Buntu collect after Sizwe drunkenly stumbles off?
(a) Sizwe's passbook.
(b) The dead body of the man.
(c) Sizwe's clothes.
(d) The money of the dead man.
8. What is significant about the dead man's name?
(a) It is the same name Sizwe gave Style when he first came into the photograph studio.
(b) It only consists of a first name.
(c) It was the name of a friend of Buntu's father.
(d) It was the name of a friend of Sizwe's father.
9. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) His driver's license.
(b) His passbook.
(c) His bruises.
(d) His torn clothes.
10. What is a common theme between what Styles went through to get his shop and what Sizwe would have to go through to get a new passbook?
11. What happened to Jacob the other day, according to Buntu in Part 3?
(a) He was found drunk at a popular bar.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was buried.
(d) He made a speech from his home.
12. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
13. After seeing Sizwe's information, what does Buntu realize?
(a) That Sizwe was lying about his identity.
(b) That Sizwe is not who he proposes to be.
(c) That Sizwe's age does not match his face.
(d) That Sizwe should have been back in his home country the day before.
14. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
(a) Hope that he will not become another Jacob in the near future.
(b) Hope that the peace of death will sustain him through the tough times in life.
(c) Fear not to question the system in place.
(d) Fear that death is not the end of suffering.
15. Why in Part 4, does Buntu try to get Sizwe to leave the street outside the bar quickly?
(a) Because he wants to go to another bar.
(b) Because his wife will call soon at his home.
(c) So he can get good night's sleep for work the next day.
(d) So as not to get caught by police.
Short Answer Questions
1. After introducing himself, what does Sizwe tell everyone he meets in Part 4 to do?
2. What does Buntu proceed to to after explaining about the dead man's book to Sizwe?
3. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
4. What does the significance of the dead man's name suggest?
5. What does Sizwe say in response to Buntu's concern over Sizwe's passbook?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)