|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first suggestion by Sizwe to Buntu regarding his discovery in the alleyway?
(a) Check for a wallet.
(b) Turn the other direction.
(c) Report the crime.
(d) Hide the discovery.
2. At the end of Part 4, what does Buntu collect after Sizwe drunkenly stumbles off?
(a) The dead body of the man.
(b) Sizwe's clothes.
(c) The money of the dead man.
(d) Sizwe's passbook.
3. .What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do after they have a fight outside of the bar?
(a) To come home.
(b) To get lost.
(c) To forget it all.
(d) To remember this moment.
4. At what affair did the preacher speak, according to Buntu?
(a) At a baptism.
(b) At a wedding.
(c) At a church liturgy.
(d) At a funeral.
5. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
(a) Living alone.
(b) Continuing to talk in the way he had just been.
(c) Losing meaning of life.
(d) Learning his family had been killed.
6. When Buntu comes out of the bar to join Sizwe in Part 4, what does he suggest?
(a) That they should go back into the bar.
(b) That it's time to go home.
(c) That they should find prostitutes.
(d) That he wants to have one more drink before leaving.
7. What is Sizwe's angry question to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man alone?
(a) Is Buntu strong enough to carry his own karma?
(b) Is this what Buntu would do if HE was dead?
(c) Would Buntu enjoy dying himself?
(d) Does Buntu care about family?
8. What does Buntu say to Sizwe in regards to seeing Sizwe's information in Part 3?
(a) That he should go undercover.
(b) That now he's in real trouble.
(c) That he's a very smart man.
(d) That he should be ok as long as he leaves soon.
9. After seeing Sizwe's information, what does Buntu realize?
(a) That Sizwe is not who he proposes to be.
(b) That Sizwe should have been back in his home country the day before.
(c) That Sizwe's age does not match his face.
(d) That Sizwe was lying about his identity.
10. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
(a) In peace.
(b) Aound the block.
11. What does Buntu reluctantly do after Sizwe suggests that they let whoever's there know what's happened?
(a) He gets the man's passbook.
(b) He asks the man his name.
(c) He walks back to the bar.
(d) He asks someone to call the police.
12. After Buntu's shoots down Sizwe's first two suggestions about the alleyway discovery, what is the next thing Sizwe continue to recommend doing?
(a) Find out where the woman is staying.
(b) Find the man's passbook.
(c) Report the crime to the police.
(d) Get out of there.
13. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
(a) To show that he is "just a man".
(b) To start a fight with Buntu.
(c) To cover the dead man.
(d) To cool off from the heat of his anger and drunkeness.
14. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
(a) After fulfilling karma.
(b) After forgiving itself.
(c) In death.
(d) After being forgiving.
15. What does Sizwe say in response to Buntu's concern over Sizwe's passbook?
(a) That he should forget about it.
(b) That it is important not to tell anyone about it.
(c) That he wonders about the possibility of being able to get another one.
(d) That it is not important.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
2. At the end of Part 3, what does Buntu offer Sizwe to do?
3. When Sizwe finally hands his passbook to Buntu, what does he say at that moment?
4. How does Sizwe respond to Buntu when Buntu asks him for his passbook a second time at the end of Part 4?
5. What kind of trouble did Buntu also run in to although he was born in the area?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)