|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
2. How long did Styles say the owner of the car manufacturing plant stay at the plant?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four hours.
(d) One week.
3. Which adjective best describes the man who Styles first lets into his shop?
4. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
(a) His phone number.
(b) His mother's phone number.
(c) His address.
(d) His mother's addres.
5. Who does Zwelinzima introduce himself to Buntu as in the end of Part 2?
(a) Styles' brother.
(b) Sizwe Banzi.
(c) Bob Lorenz.
(d) Vladimir Banzi.
6. How does Zwelinzima begin to act as Style interacts with him?
(a) He becomes more tense.
(b) He begins to act paranoid.
(c) He acts upset.
(d) He begins to relax.
7. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
(a) They were being punished.
(b) The owner personally requested it.
(c) To make up for the lost time during the speech.
(d) They volunteered to.
8. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
(a) Work at this house.
(b) Contact his family.
(c) Stay at his place.
(d) Escape the police.
9. What was the name of the insect spray in the commercial in the first part of the play?
10. What is the name of the man with whom Styles first interacts?
11. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
(a) The stories seem to be lies.
(b) Each story intertwines deeply into the next.
(c) It is basically unexplained.
(d) The stories do not make sense.
12. In his recollection spurred by the insect repellent, what animal does Styles compare himself to?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rat.
(d) A pig.
13. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
(a) Escape the police.
(b) Find a job.
(c) Contact his family.
(d) Work at his house.
14. What is the first customer that Styles describes coming into the shop for a picture?
(a) A man with a diploma.
(b) A man with a trumpet.
(c) A woman with a bird.
(d) A father with his son
15. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
(a) Our spirit.
(c) Our freedom.
(d) Our money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose house does Zwelinzima say that he stayed while narrating his letter?
2. In what country is this story set?
3. Zwelinzima explains that he was introduced to another friend through his house owner, named...
4. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
5. For whom did Styles say he one day realized that he was working and making money?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)