|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the owner of the car manufacturer plant unable to give the speech he wanted to give?
(a) He was tired.
(b) He did not speak the same language as the employees.
(c) He just had surgery.
(d) He had forgotten his notes.
2. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His baby sister.
(d) His cousin.
3. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
(a) A wise man.
(b) A bloody fool.
(c) A visionary.
(d) A learned man.
4. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
(a) Escape the police.
(b) Stay at his place.
(c) Contact his family.
(d) Work at this house.
5. How long did Styles say the owner of the car manufacturing plant stay at the plant?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) One week.
6. How did Styles interpret the speech given by the car manufacturer owner?
(a) He twisted the words to make fun of the owner and the plant.
(b) Very accurately.
(c) He acted as though he couldn't understand the owner.
(d) In a nervous manner.
7. To whom does Zwelinzima want to send his photograph?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His grandfather.
8. When Styles takes the second photograph for Zwelinzima, what happens him?
(a) He feels the spirit of his mother.
(b) He falls from the chair, lifeless.
(c) He is illuminated by a white light.
(d) He disappears into darkness.
9. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
(a) The stories do not make sense.
(b) The stories seem to be lies.
(c) It is basically unexplained.
(d) Each story intertwines deeply into the next.
10. In his recollection spurred by the insect repellent, what animal does Styles compare himself to?
(a) A dog.
(b) A rat.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A pig.
11. What was the name of the insect spray in the commercial in the first part of the play?
12. For whom did Styles say he one day realized that he was working and making money?
(a) Someone else.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) A devil.
(d) Mr. Ford.
13. How does Zwelinzima begin to act as Style interacts with him?
(a) He begins to act paranoid.
(b) He acts upset.
(c) He becomes more tense.
(d) He begins to relax.
14. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
15. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
(a) A scream outside.
(b) Styles falling asleep.
(c) A knock on the door.
(d) A man yelling from upstairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
2. Which adjective best describes the man who Styles first lets into his shop?
3. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
4. What did Styles say he had to go through to attain ownership of a building and a business?
5. What type of picture does Styles aim to provide for Zwelinzima?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)