|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Zwelinzima's wife in Part 2?
2. What is the first customer that Styles describes coming into the shop for a picture?
(a) A father with his son
(b) A man with a diploma.
(c) A woman with a bird.
(d) A man with a trumpet.
3. To whom does Zwelinzima want to send his photograph?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His daughter.
4. What does Styles shout out for Zwelinzima to imagine he's posing against while getting his picture taken?
(a) "...the city of the future."
(b) "...the mountaintops of peace."
(c) "...sky of opportunity."
(d) "...the rivers of knowledge."
5. What job did Styles' father hold?
(a) He was a pilot for the UK.
(b) He was a pilot for South Africa.
(c) He was a soldier for South Africa.
(d) He was a ship captain for Germany.
6. What type of picture does Styles aim to provide for Zwelinzima?
(a) The most interesting one.
(b) The best possible picture.
(c) A memorable one.
(d) A black and white one.
7. Who does Zwelinzima introduce himself to Buntu as in the end of Part 2?
(a) Styles' brother.
(b) Sizwe Banzi.
(c) Vladimir Banzi.
(d) Bob Lorenz.
8. According to Styles, what happened to his father after he returned home from the war?
(a) He was given honors.
(b) He was left with nothing.
(c) He was captured three years later.
(d) He was accused of spying for the Germans.
9. What does Styles call his photography room?
(a) A sailor's hat.
(b) A strong room of dreams.
(c) An old watch.
(d) A rusty compass.
10. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) Wilson Woodrow.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Teddy Roosevelt.
11. How long did Styles say the owner of the car manufacturing plant stay at the plant?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) Four hours.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
12. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
(a) It is basically unexplained.
(b) The stories do not make sense.
(c) The stories seem to be lies.
(d) Each story intertwines deeply into the next.
13. Who came to collect the pictures for the aforementioned family?
(a) The sister.
(b) The eldest son.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) The eldest sister.
14. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
15. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) A customer.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
2. During which war did Styles' father fight?
3. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
4. Which adjective best describes the man who Styles first lets into his shop?
5. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)