|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) His shop.
(c) The building.
(d) His sink.
2. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) A friend.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) A customer.
3. How does Styles feel about the number of pictures Zwelinzima wants taken?
4. How did the owner of Styles' car manufacturing company first arrive at the organization for his speech?
(a) By limousine.
(b) By private jet.
(c) In a Nissan car.
(d) By helicopter.
5. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
(c) South African.
6. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Wilson Woodrow.
7. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
(a) Cry about the passed grandfather in the picture.
(b) Leave without paying.
(c) Complain about the quality of the picture.
(d) Reminisce about life in the family.
8. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
(a) A learned man.
(b) A bloody fool.
(c) A wise man.
(d) A visionary.
9. In his recollection spurred by the insect repellent, what animal does Styles compare himself to?
(a) A pig.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A rat.
(d) A dog.
10. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
(a) Our freedom.
(b) Our spirit.
(d) Our money.
11. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
(a) Escape the police.
(b) Work at his house.
(c) Find a job.
(d) Contact his family.
12. What does Styles call his photography room?
(a) A sailor's hat.
(b) A rusty compass.
(c) An old watch.
(d) A strong room of dreams.
13. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
14. In whose house does Zwelinzima say that he stayed while narrating his letter?
15. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
(a) A man yelling from upstairs.
(b) Styles falling asleep.
(c) A scream outside.
(d) A knock on the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
2. What is the name of the man with whom Styles first interacts?
3. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
4. In what country is this story set?
5. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)