|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Wilson Woodrow.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
3. According to Styles, what happened to his father after he returned home from the war?
(a) He was left with nothing.
(b) He was captured three years later.
(c) He was given honors.
(d) He was accused of spying for the Germans.
4. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
(a) A faded photograph.
(b) An old watch.
(c) A rusty compass.
(d) A sailor's hat.
5. In what country is this story set?
(d) South Africa.
6. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
7. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
(a) Contact his family.
(b) Escape the police.
(c) Work at this house.
(d) Stay at his place.
8. What type of speech did the car manufacturer owner want to give to the employees?
(a) A quick speech.
(b) An educational speech.
(c) An inspirational speech.
(d) An endearing speech.
9. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
10. When Styles takes the second photograph for Zwelinzima, what happens him?
(a) He disappears into darkness.
(b) He feels the spirit of his mother.
(c) He is illuminated by a white light.
(d) He falls from the chair, lifeless.
11. How did the owner of Styles' car manufacturing company first arrive at the organization for his speech?
(a) In a Nissan car.
(b) By private jet.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) By limousine.
12. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
(a) A snake.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A kitten.
13. What does Styles call his photography room?
(a) An old watch.
(b) A rusty compass.
(c) A sailor's hat.
(d) A strong room of dreams.
14. What did Styles say he had to go through to attain ownership of a building and a business?
(a) Too much pain.
15. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
(a) Take two more pictures.
(b) To pray for a good picture.
(c) Take a second picture.
(d) To laugh out loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
2. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
3. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
4. Why was the owner of the car manufacturer plant unable to give the speech he wanted to give?
5. To whom does Zwelinzima want to send his photograph?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)