|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the owner of Styles' car manufacturing company first arrive at the organization for his speech?
(a) In a Nissan car.
(b) By private jet.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) By limousine.
2. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
(a) Robbing them of their dreams.
(b) A very mean thing to do.
(c) Only understandable.
(d) A collaborative effort.
3. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
(a) A knock on the door.
(b) A man yelling from upstairs.
(c) A scream outside.
(d) Styles falling asleep.
4. How does Zwelinzima begin to act as Style interacts with him?
(a) He becomes more tense.
(b) He acts upset.
(c) He begins to act paranoid.
(d) He begins to relax.
5. What character is Buntu played by?
(a) A white child.
(b) The same character as Styles.
(c) A black child.
(d) A woman.
6. During which war did Styles' father fight?
(a) The 7 Year War.
(b) The Indo-Japanese War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
7. What does Styles tell the man who is picking up his family photos to do?
(a) Tells him to pick up his laundry down the street.
(b) Tells him not to waste his life.
(c) He encourages the man to go back to his family.
(d) Tells him to move on with his life.
8. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
9. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) His mother.
(b) A friend.
(c) A customer.
(d) His father.
10. In the letter being read aloud in Part 2, what does it declare about Sizwe Banzi?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he has been injured.
(c) That he is in the hospital.
(d) That he is alive.
11. Which adjective best describes the man who Styles first lets into his shop?
12. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) Wilson Woodrow.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Teddy Roosevelt.
13. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
(d) South African.
14. What did Styles say he had to go through to attain ownership of a building and a business?
(c) Too much pain.
15. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
(a) An old watch.
(b) A rusty compass.
(c) A sailor's hat.
(d) A faded photograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first customer that Styles describes coming into the shop for a picture?
2. What is the name of the character first seen in the opening part of the play?
3. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
4. Why was the owner of the car manufacturer plant unable to give the speech he wanted to give?
5. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)