|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the insect spray in the commercial in the first part of the play?
2. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
(b) South African.
3. What is the name of Zwelinzima's wife in Part 2?
4. Why was the owner of the car manufacturer plant unable to give the speech he wanted to give?
(a) He did not speak the same language as the employees.
(b) He just had surgery.
(c) He had forgotten his notes.
(d) He was tired.
5. In what country is this story set?
(b) South Africa.
6. How long did Styles say the owner of the car manufacturing plant stay at the plant?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
7. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
(a) To laugh out loud.
(b) Take a second picture.
(c) Take two more pictures.
(d) To pray for a good picture.
8. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
(a) A rusty compass.
(b) An old watch.
(c) A faded photograph.
(d) A sailor's hat.
9. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
(a) His address.
(b) His mother's phone number.
(c) His phone number.
(d) His mother's addres.
10. How many pictures does Zwelinzima want taken in Part 2?
11. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
(a) Work at his house.
(b) Find a job.
(c) Contact his family.
(d) Escape the police.
12. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
(a) Contact his family.
(b) Stay at his place.
(c) Escape the police.
(d) Work at this house.
13. How did Styles interpret the speech given by the car manufacturer owner?
(a) He twisted the words to make fun of the owner and the plant.
(b) In a nervous manner.
(c) He acted as though he couldn't understand the owner.
(d) Very accurately.
14. In the letter being read aloud in Part 2, what does it declare about Sizwe Banzi?
(a) That he is in the hospital.
(b) That he is alive.
(c) That he is dead.
(d) That he has been injured.
15. What is the first customer that Styles describes coming into the shop for a picture?
(a) A man with a diploma.
(b) A man with a trumpet.
(c) A father with his son
(d) A woman with a bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Zwelinzima want to send his photograph?
2. According to Styles, what happened to his father after he returned home from the war?
3. What job did Styles' father hold?
4. What did Styles say he had to go through to attain ownership of a building and a business?
5. How does Styles feel about the number of pictures Zwelinzima wants taken?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)