|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is this story set?
(d) South Africa.
2. How did Styles interpret the speech given by the car manufacturer owner?
(a) Very accurately.
(b) He twisted the words to make fun of the owner and the plant.
(c) In a nervous manner.
(d) He acted as though he couldn't understand the owner.
3. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
(a) A collaborative effort.
(b) Robbing them of their dreams.
(c) Only understandable.
(d) A very mean thing to do.
4. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
5. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
(a) A learned man.
(b) A bloody fool.
(c) A visionary.
(d) A wise man.
6. What did Styles say he had to go through to attain ownership of a building and a business?
(c) Too much pain.
7. Why was the owner of the car manufacturer plant unable to give the speech he wanted to give?
(a) He did not speak the same language as the employees.
(b) He was tired.
(c) He just had surgery.
(d) He had forgotten his notes.
8. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
(a) The stories seem to be lies.
(b) Each story intertwines deeply into the next.
(c) It is basically unexplained.
(d) The stories do not make sense.
9. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
(a) The building.
(b) His shop.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) His sink.
10. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
(a) A snake.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A kitten.
11. How many pictures does Zwelinzima want taken in Part 2?
12. What is the main character reading at the opening of the play?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A newspaper.
13. What does Styles call his photography room?
(a) A rusty compass.
(b) An old watch.
(c) A strong room of dreams.
(d) A sailor's hat.
14. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
15. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
(a) The owner personally requested it.
(b) To make up for the lost time during the speech.
(c) They volunteered to.
(d) They were being punished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the owner of the car manufacturing plant's name?
2. Which adjective best describes the man who Styles first lets into his shop?
3. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
4. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
5. How does Zwelinzima begin to act as Style interacts with him?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)