|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
(a) To laugh out loud.
(b) To pray for a good picture.
(c) Take two more pictures.
(d) Take a second picture.
2. Which adjective best describes the man who Styles first lets into his shop?
3. Who came to collect the pictures for the aforementioned family?
(a) The eldest sister.
(b) The sister.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) The eldest son.
4. How does Styles feel about the number of pictures Zwelinzima wants taken?
5. What does Styles call his photography room?
(a) An old watch.
(b) A sailor's hat.
(c) A strong room of dreams.
(d) A rusty compass.
6. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
(a) A man yelling from upstairs.
(b) Styles falling asleep.
(c) A knock on the door.
(d) A scream outside.
7. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
(a) Reminisce about life in the family.
(b) Leave without paying.
(c) Cry about the passed grandfather in the picture.
(d) Complain about the quality of the picture.
8. What type of speech did the car manufacturer owner want to give to the employees?
(a) An inspirational speech.
(b) An educational speech.
(c) An endearing speech.
(d) A quick speech.
9. When Styles takes the second photograph for Zwelinzima, what happens him?
(a) He feels the spirit of his mother.
(b) He is illuminated by a white light.
(c) He disappears into darkness.
(d) He falls from the chair, lifeless.
10. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
(b) Our freedom.
(c) Our spirit.
(d) Our money.
11. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
(a) A sailor's hat.
(b) A faded photograph.
(c) An old watch.
(d) A rusty compass.
12. What character is Buntu played by?
(a) A woman.
(b) A white child.
(c) The same character as Styles.
(d) A black child.
13. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
(a) Stay at his place.
(b) Escape the police.
(c) Contact his family.
(d) Work at this house.
14. How many pictures does Zwelinzima want taken in Part 2?
15. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A snake.
(d) A puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Styles' father hold?
2. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
3. What was the owner of the car manufacturing plant's name?
4. In whose house does Zwelinzima say that he stayed while narrating his letter?
5. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)