|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zwelinzima explains that he was introduced to another friend through his house owner, named...
2. What job did Styles' father hold?
(a) He was a ship captain for Germany.
(b) He was a pilot for South Africa.
(c) He was a pilot for the UK.
(d) He was a soldier for South Africa.
3. Why was the owner of the car manufacturer plant unable to give the speech he wanted to give?
(a) He had forgotten his notes.
(b) He was tired.
(c) He just had surgery.
(d) He did not speak the same language as the employees.
4. What was the name of the insect spray in the commercial in the first part of the play?
5. In whose house does Zwelinzima say that he stayed while narrating his letter?
6. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) A customer.
(b) A friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
7. Who came to collect the pictures for the aforementioned family?
(a) The eldest son.
(b) The eldest sister.
(c) The sister.
(d) The grandmother.
8. What was the owner of the car manufacturing plant's name?
(a) James T Phillips.
(b) Henry Ford Jr.
(c) Henry Ford Sr.
(d) John Williamson.
9. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
(a) Styles falling asleep.
(b) A knock on the door.
(c) A man yelling from upstairs.
(d) A scream outside.
10. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
(a) Take a second picture.
(b) To pray for a good picture.
(c) Take two more pictures.
(d) To laugh out loud.
11. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
(a) Our spirit.
(c) Our freedom.
(d) Our money.
12. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
(a) Robbing them of their dreams.
(b) A collaborative effort.
(c) A very mean thing to do.
(d) Only understandable.
13. What is the name of the character first seen in the opening part of the play?
14. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
(a) Stay at his place.
(b) Work at this house.
(c) Escape the police.
(d) Contact his family.
15. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
2. What is the name of the man with whom Styles first interacts?
3. What does Styles tell the man who is picking up his family photos to do?
4. What does Styles call his photography room?
5. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)