|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Styles say he had to go through to attain ownership of a building and a business?
(d) Too much pain.
2. Who came to collect the pictures for the aforementioned family?
(a) The eldest son.
(b) The eldest sister.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) The sister.
3. What job did Styles' father hold?
(a) He was a pilot for South Africa.
(b) He was a soldier for South Africa.
(c) He was a pilot for the UK.
(d) He was a ship captain for Germany.
4. What does the first man who walks into Styles' shop want?
(a) His photo redone.
(b) His receipt honored.
(c) His picture taken.
(d) A job.
5. What is the first customer that Styles describes coming into the shop for a picture?
(a) A father with his son
(b) A woman with a bird.
(c) A man with a diploma.
(d) A man with a trumpet.
6. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
(a) His phone number.
(b) His mother's addres.
(c) His mother's phone number.
(d) His address.
7. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
(a) Reminisce about life in the family.
(b) Cry about the passed grandfather in the picture.
(c) Complain about the quality of the picture.
(d) Leave without paying.
8. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
(a) A wise man.
(b) A visionary.
(c) A bloody fool.
(d) A learned man.
9. How many pictures does Zwelinzima want taken in Part 2?
10. Why was the owner of the car manufacturer plant unable to give the speech he wanted to give?
(a) He was tired.
(b) He just had surgery.
(c) He did not speak the same language as the employees.
(d) He had forgotten his notes.
11. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Wilson Woodrow.
(d) Teddy Roosevelt.
12. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
(a) They volunteered to.
(b) They were being punished.
(c) To make up for the lost time during the speech.
(d) The owner personally requested it.
13. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
(a) His sink.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) His shop.
(d) The building.
14. What does Styles tell the man who is picking up his family photos to do?
(a) Tells him not to waste his life.
(b) Tells him to move on with his life.
(c) Tells him to pick up his laundry down the street.
(d) He encourages the man to go back to his family.
15. To whom does Zwelinzima want to send his photograph?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
2. What character is Buntu played by?
3. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
4. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
5. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)