|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
2. What does Styles shout out for Zwelinzima to imagine he's posing against while getting his picture taken?
(a) "...the rivers of knowledge."
(b) "...the mountaintops of peace."
(c) "...sky of opportunity."
(d) "...the city of the future."
3. How did the owner of Styles' car manufacturing company first arrive at the organization for his speech?
(a) In a Nissan car.
(b) By helicopter.
(c) By private jet.
(d) By limousine.
4. Zwelinzima explains that he was introduced to another friend through his house owner, named...
5. According to Styles, what happened to his father after he returned home from the war?
(a) He was captured three years later.
(b) He was left with nothing.
(c) He was accused of spying for the Germans.
(d) He was given honors.
6. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
(a) Work at his house.
(b) Escape the police.
(c) Contact his family.
(d) Find a job.
7. How did Styles interpret the speech given by the car manufacturer owner?
(a) In a nervous manner.
(b) Very accurately.
(c) He twisted the words to make fun of the owner and the plant.
(d) He acted as though he couldn't understand the owner.
8. For whom did Styles say he one day realized that he was working and making money?
(a) Mr. Ford.
(b) Someone else.
(c) A devil.
(d) Mr. Jones.
9. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
(a) The stories do not make sense.
(b) It is basically unexplained.
(c) The stories seem to be lies.
(d) Each story intertwines deeply into the next.
10. What job did Styles' father hold?
(a) He was a pilot for South Africa.
(b) He was a pilot for the UK.
(c) He was a ship captain for Germany.
(d) He was a soldier for South Africa.
11. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Wilson Woodrow.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Richard Nixon.
12. What does the first man who walks into Styles' shop want?
(a) His photo redone.
(b) His picture taken.
(c) His receipt honored.
(d) A job.
13. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
(a) A visionary.
(b) A learned man.
(c) A bloody fool.
(d) A wise man.
14. How does Zwelinzima begin to act as Style interacts with him?
(a) He acts upset.
(b) He begins to relax.
(c) He becomes more tense.
(d) He begins to act paranoid.
15. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) His mother.
(b) A customer.
(c) His father.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
2. When Styles takes the second photograph for Zwelinzima, what happens him?
3. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
4. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
5. What does Styles tell the man who is picking up his family photos to do?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)