|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) A friend.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) A customer.
2. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
(a) Complain about the quality of the picture.
(b) Reminisce about life in the family.
(c) Cry about the passed grandfather in the picture.
(d) Leave without paying.
3. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
(a) Work at this house.
(b) Stay at his place.
(c) Contact his family.
(d) Escape the police.
4. How long did Styles say the owner of the car manufacturing plant stay at the plant?
(a) Four hours.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Five minutes.
5. Which adjective best describes the man who Styles first lets into his shop?
6. Who does Zwelinzima introduce himself to Buntu as in the end of Part 2?
(a) Sizwe Banzi.
(b) Vladimir Banzi.
(c) Styles' brother.
(d) Bob Lorenz.
7. When Styles takes the second photograph for Zwelinzima, what happens him?
(a) He feels the spirit of his mother.
(b) He falls from the chair, lifeless.
(c) He disappears into darkness.
(d) He is illuminated by a white light.
8. In whose house does Zwelinzima say that he stayed while narrating his letter?
9. What does the first man who walks into Styles' shop want?
(a) His picture taken.
(b) His photo redone.
(c) A job.
(d) His receipt honored.
10. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
(a) They were being punished.
(b) They volunteered to.
(c) To make up for the lost time during the speech.
(d) The owner personally requested it.
11. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
(a) His shop.
(b) His sink.
(c) The building.
(d) His bedroom.
12. What does Styles tell the man who is picking up his family photos to do?
(a) Tells him not to waste his life.
(b) Tells him to pick up his laundry down the street.
(c) Tells him to move on with his life.
(d) He encourages the man to go back to his family.
13. What is the name of the character first seen in the opening part of the play?
14. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
(b) Our freedom.
(c) Our money.
(d) Our spirit.
15. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
2. What type of picture does Styles aim to provide for Zwelinzima?
3. How does Zwelinzima begin to act as Style interacts with him?
4. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
5. How did the owner of Styles' car manufacturing company first arrive at the organization for his speech?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)