|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Styles' father hold?
(a) He was a pilot for South Africa.
(b) He was a soldier for South Africa.
(c) He was a pilot for the UK.
(d) He was a ship captain for Germany.
2. Zwelinzima explains that he was introduced to another friend through his house owner, named...
3. What did Styles say he had to go through to attain ownership of a building and a business?
(c) Too much pain.
4. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
(a) They were being punished.
(b) To make up for the lost time during the speech.
(c) The owner personally requested it.
(d) They volunteered to.
5. What is the first customer that Styles describes coming into the shop for a picture?
(a) A man with a diploma.
(b) A man with a trumpet.
(c) A woman with a bird.
(d) A father with his son
6. What character is Buntu played by?
(a) A white child.
(b) The same character as Styles.
(c) A black child.
(d) A woman.
7. During which war did Styles' father fight?
(a) World War II.
(b) The 7 Year War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Indo-Japanese War.
8. What was the owner of the car manufacturing plant's name?
(a) John Williamson.
(b) Henry Ford Sr.
(c) James T Phillips.
(d) Henry Ford Jr.
9. How many pictures does Zwelinzima want taken in Part 2?
10. In the letter being read aloud in Part 2, what does it declare about Sizwe Banzi?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he is in the hospital.
(c) That he is alive.
(d) That he has been injured.
11. When Styles takes the second photograph for Zwelinzima, what happens him?
(a) He is illuminated by a white light.
(b) He falls from the chair, lifeless.
(c) He disappears into darkness.
(d) He feels the spirit of his mother.
12. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
13. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
(a) The stories seem to be lies.
(b) Each story intertwines deeply into the next.
(c) It is basically unexplained.
(d) The stories do not make sense.
14. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
(a) His father.
(b) His baby sister.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mother.
15. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) A customer.
(b) A friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
2. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
3. Who does Zwelinzima introduce himself to Buntu as in the end of Part 2?
4. How does Styles feel about the number of pictures Zwelinzima wants taken?
5. What is the name of the character first seen in the opening part of the play?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)