|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the insect spray in the commercial in the first part of the play?
2. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
(a) Leave without paying.
(b) Reminisce about life in the family.
(c) Cry about the passed grandfather in the picture.
(d) Complain about the quality of the picture.
3. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
(a) To make up for the lost time during the speech.
(b) The owner personally requested it.
(c) They were being punished.
(d) They volunteered to.
4. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
(a) His address.
(b) His mother's addres.
(c) His phone number.
(d) His mother's phone number.
5. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
6. What is the name of the man with whom Styles first interacts?
7. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
(a) Robbing them of their dreams.
(b) A collaborative effort.
(c) Only understandable.
(d) A very mean thing to do.
8. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
(a) A wise man.
(b) A learned man.
(c) A bloody fool.
(d) A visionary.
9. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Escape the police.
(c) Work at his house.
(d) Contact his family.
10. What is the name of the character first seen in the opening part of the play?
11. What type of picture does Styles aim to provide for Zwelinzima?
(a) The most interesting one.
(b) The best possible picture.
(c) A black and white one.
(d) A memorable one.
12. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
(a) Work at this house.
(b) Contact his family.
(c) Stay at his place.
(d) Escape the police.
13. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
(a) Each story intertwines deeply into the next.
(b) The stories do not make sense.
(c) It is basically unexplained.
(d) The stories seem to be lies.
14. How does Styles feel about the number of pictures Zwelinzima wants taken?
15. How did the owner of Styles' car manufacturing company first arrive at the organization for his speech?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) By private jet.
(c) By limousine.
(d) In a Nissan car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the letter being read aloud in Part 2, what does it declare about Sizwe Banzi?
2. Who came to collect the pictures for the aforementioned family?
3. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
4. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
5. What is the main character reading at the opening of the play?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)