|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first man who walks into Styles' shop want?
(a) His picture taken.
(b) His receipt honored.
(c) His photo redone.
(d) A job.
2. In what country is this story set?
(a) South Africa.
3. How does Styles feel about the number of pictures Zwelinzima wants taken?
4. What was the name of the insect spray in the commercial in the first part of the play?
5. Zwelinzima explains that he was introduced to another friend through his house owner, named...
6. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
(a) They volunteered to.
(b) To make up for the lost time during the speech.
(c) They were being punished.
(d) The owner personally requested it.
7. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
(a) A knock on the door.
(b) Styles falling asleep.
(c) A scream outside.
(d) A man yelling from upstairs.
8. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
(a) South African.
9. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
(a) A faded photograph.
(b) A rusty compass.
(c) An old watch.
(d) A sailor's hat.
10. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
(a) Only understandable.
(b) Robbing them of their dreams.
(c) A very mean thing to do.
(d) A collaborative effort.
11. What was the owner of the car manufacturing plant's name?
(a) James T Phillips.
(b) John Williamson.
(c) Henry Ford Sr.
(d) Henry Ford Jr.
12. What type of picture does Styles aim to provide for Zwelinzima?
(a) The best possible picture.
(b) A memorable one.
(c) A black and white one.
(d) The most interesting one.
13. Why was the owner of the car manufacturer plant unable to give the speech he wanted to give?
(a) He had forgotten his notes.
(b) He did not speak the same language as the employees.
(c) He just had surgery.
(d) He was tired.
14. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
(a) A visionary.
(b) A bloody fool.
(c) A wise man.
(d) A learned man.
15. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A snake.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the man who Styles first lets into his shop?
2. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
3. In the letter being read aloud in Part 2, what does it declare about Sizwe Banzi?
4. Who does Zwelinzima introduce himself to Buntu as in the end of Part 2?
5. What character is Buntu played by?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)