|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the character first seen in the opening part of the play?
2. What job did Styles' father hold?
(a) He was a pilot for South Africa.
(b) He was a pilot for the UK.
(c) He was a soldier for South Africa.
(d) He was a ship captain for Germany.
3. What was the name of the insect spray in the commercial in the first part of the play?
4. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
(a) Robbing them of their dreams.
(b) Only understandable.
(c) A very mean thing to do.
(d) A collaborative effort.
5. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
(a) The owner personally requested it.
(b) They were being punished.
(c) They volunteered to.
(d) To make up for the lost time during the speech.
6. What is the first customer that Styles describes coming into the shop for a picture?
(a) A man with a trumpet.
(b) A woman with a bird.
(c) A father with his son
(d) A man with a diploma.
7. What did Styles say he had to go through to attain ownership of a building and a business?
(c) Too much pain.
8. Who does Zwelinzima introduce himself to Buntu as in the end of Part 2?
(a) Sizwe Banzi.
(b) Vladimir Banzi.
(c) Bob Lorenz.
(d) Styles' brother.
9. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A snake.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A puppy.
10. What does Styles tell the man who is picking up his family photos to do?
(a) He encourages the man to go back to his family.
(b) Tells him to pick up his laundry down the street.
(c) Tells him to move on with his life.
(d) Tells him not to waste his life.
11. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) A customer.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) A friend.
12. Who came to collect the pictures for the aforementioned family?
(a) The eldest sister.
(b) The grandmother.
(c) The eldest son.
(d) The sister.
13. How does Styles feel about the number of pictures Zwelinzima wants taken?
14. How did Styles interpret the speech given by the car manufacturer owner?
(a) He twisted the words to make fun of the owner and the plant.
(b) Very accurately.
(c) In a nervous manner.
(d) He acted as though he couldn't understand the owner.
15. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
2. What does Styles shout out for Zwelinzima to imagine he's posing against while getting his picture taken?
3. What is the name of the man with whom Styles first interacts?
4. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
5. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)