|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first man who walks into Styles' shop want?
(a) A job.
(b) His receipt honored.
(c) His photo redone.
(d) His picture taken.
2. During which war did Styles' father fight?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Indo-Japanese War.
(d) The 7 Year War.
3. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
(a) Cry about the passed grandfather in the picture.
(b) Reminisce about life in the family.
(c) Leave without paying.
(d) Complain about the quality of the picture.
4. According to Styles, what happened to his father after he returned home from the war?
(a) He was given honors.
(b) He was accused of spying for the Germans.
(c) He was left with nothing.
(d) He was captured three years later.
5. How did Styles interpret the speech given by the car manufacturer owner?
(a) He twisted the words to make fun of the owner and the plant.
(b) In a nervous manner.
(c) He acted as though he couldn't understand the owner.
(d) Very accurately.
6. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
(a) It is basically unexplained.
(b) Each story intertwines deeply into the next.
(c) The stories do not make sense.
(d) The stories seem to be lies.
7. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
(a) Work at this house.
(b) Escape the police.
(c) Stay at his place.
(d) Contact his family.
8. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
9. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
(b) Our freedom.
(c) Our spirit.
(d) Our money.
10. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
(a) Take two more pictures.
(b) Take a second picture.
(c) To pray for a good picture.
(d) To laugh out loud.
11. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The building.
(c) His sink.
(d) His shop.
12. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
(a) They volunteered to.
(b) The owner personally requested it.
(c) To make up for the lost time during the speech.
(d) They were being punished.
13. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
(a) Work at his house.
(b) Escape the police.
(c) Contact his family.
(d) Find a job.
14. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
15. Which adjective best describes the man who Styles first lets into his shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is Buntu played by?
2. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
3. What does Styles shout out for Zwelinzima to imagine he's posing against while getting his picture taken?
4. What is the main character reading at the opening of the play?
5. How long did Styles say the owner of the car manufacturing plant stay at the plant?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)