|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is this story set?
(c) South Africa.
2. What did Styles say he had to go through to attain ownership of a building and a business?
(d) Too much pain.
3. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
(a) To laugh out loud.
(b) To pray for a good picture.
(c) Take two more pictures.
(d) Take a second picture.
4. How many pictures does Zwelinzima want taken in Part 2?
5. How does Styles feel about the number of pictures Zwelinzima wants taken?
6. To whom does Zwelinzima want to send his photograph?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His grandfather.
7. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
(a) Stay at his place.
(b) Contact his family.
(c) Escape the police.
(d) Work at this house.
8. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
(a) Escape the police.
(b) Find a job.
(c) Contact his family.
(d) Work at his house.
9. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
(a) The building.
(b) His shop.
(c) His sink.
(d) His bedroom.
10. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
(a) Styles falling asleep.
(b) A knock on the door.
(c) A scream outside.
(d) A man yelling from upstairs.
11. What is the main character reading at the opening of the play?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
12. What is the name of Zwelinzima's wife in Part 2?
13. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
(a) Leave without paying.
(b) Complain about the quality of the picture.
(c) Reminisce about life in the family.
(d) Cry about the passed grandfather in the picture.
14. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His baby sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
15. In the letter being read aloud in Part 2, what does it declare about Sizwe Banzi?
(a) That he has been injured.
(b) That he is alive.
(c) That he is dead.
(d) That he is in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
2. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
3. In his recollection spurred by the insect repellent, what animal does Styles compare himself to?
4. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
5. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)