|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the owner of the car manufacturing plant's name?
(a) Henry Ford Jr.
(b) James T Phillips.
(c) Henry Ford Sr.
(d) John Williamson.
2. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
(a) The stories seem to be lies.
(b) It is basically unexplained.
(c) The stories do not make sense.
(d) Each story intertwines deeply into the next.
3. During which war did Styles' father fight?
(a) The Indo-Japanese War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The 7 Year War.
4. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
(a) Leave without paying.
(b) Cry about the passed grandfather in the picture.
(c) Reminisce about life in the family.
(d) Complain about the quality of the picture.
5. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
(a) Our spirit.
(c) Our money.
(d) Our freedom.
6. What job did Styles' father hold?
(a) He was a pilot for South Africa.
(b) He was a soldier for South Africa.
(c) He was a pilot for the UK.
(d) He was a ship captain for Germany.
7. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
(a) To pray for a good picture.
(b) To laugh out loud.
(c) Take two more pictures.
(d) Take a second picture.
8. Who does Zwelinzima introduce himself to Buntu as in the end of Part 2?
(a) Bob Lorenz.
(b) Styles' brother.
(c) Sizwe Banzi.
(d) Vladimir Banzi.
9. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
10. When Styles takes the second photograph for Zwelinzima, what happens him?
(a) He disappears into darkness.
(b) He falls from the chair, lifeless.
(c) He is illuminated by a white light.
(d) He feels the spirit of his mother.
11. What is the name of Zwelinzima's wife in Part 2?
12. Which adjective best describes the man who Styles first lets into his shop?
13. What does Styles call his photography room?
(a) A strong room of dreams.
(b) An old watch.
(c) A sailor's hat.
(d) A rusty compass.
14. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
(d) South African.
15. In what country is this story set?
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Styles say the owner of the car manufacturing plant stay at the plant?
2. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
3. In the letter being read aloud in Part 2, what does it declare about Sizwe Banzi?
4. According to Styles, what happened to his father after he returned home from the war?
5. How did Styles interpret the speech given by the car manufacturer owner?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)