|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
(a) A faded photograph.
(b) A rusty compass.
(c) An old watch.
(d) A sailor's hat.
2. For whom did Styles say he one day realized that he was working and making money?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Ford.
(c) A devil.
(d) Someone else.
3. How did the owner of Styles' car manufacturing company first arrive at the organization for his speech?
(a) In a Nissan car.
(b) By helicopter.
(c) By private jet.
(d) By limousine.
4. Zwelinzima explains that he was introduced to another friend through his house owner, named...
5. In what country is this story set?
(a) South Africa.
6. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
(a) His father.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His baby sister.
7. How long did Styles say the owner of the car manufacturing plant stay at the plant?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Five minutes.
8. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
(a) A learned man.
(b) A bloody fool.
(c) A visionary.
(d) A wise man.
9. To whom does Zwelinzima want to send his photograph?
(a) His son.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
10. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Wilson Woodrow.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Richard Nixon.
11. Which adjective best describes the man who Styles first lets into his shop?
12. What does Styles tell the man who is picking up his family photos to do?
(a) Tells him not to waste his life.
(b) Tells him to pick up his laundry down the street.
(c) He encourages the man to go back to his family.
(d) Tells him to move on with his life.
13. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A snake.
(d) A puppy.
14. What character is Buntu played by?
(a) A white child.
(b) A woman.
(c) A black child.
(d) The same character as Styles.
15. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
(a) To laugh out loud.
(b) Take a second picture.
(c) To pray for a good picture.
(d) Take two more pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
2. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
3. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
4. What does Styles shout out for Zwelinzima to imagine he's posing against while getting his picture taken?
5. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)