|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zwelinzima begin to act as Style interacts with him?
(a) He begins to act paranoid.
(b) He begins to relax.
(c) He becomes more tense.
(d) He acts upset.
2. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Wilson Woodrow.
3. For whom did Styles say he one day realized that he was working and making money?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Someone else.
(c) Mr. Ford.
(d) A devil.
4. What did Styles say he had to go through to attain ownership of a building and a business?
(a) Too much pain.
5. How long did Styles say the owner of the car manufacturing plant stay at the plant?
(a) One week.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Five minutes.
6. What is the name of the man with whom Styles first interacts?
7. What type of speech did the car manufacturer owner want to give to the employees?
(a) An endearing speech.
(b) An educational speech.
(c) A quick speech.
(d) An inspirational speech.
8. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
(a) To laugh out loud.
(b) To pray for a good picture.
(c) Take two more pictures.
(d) Take a second picture.
9. How did Styles interpret the speech given by the car manufacturer owner?
(a) In a nervous manner.
(b) He twisted the words to make fun of the owner and the plant.
(c) Very accurately.
(d) He acted as though he couldn't understand the owner.
10. What is the main character reading at the opening of the play?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
11. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
(a) Leave without paying.
(b) Reminisce about life in the family.
(c) Complain about the quality of the picture.
(d) Cry about the passed grandfather in the picture.
12. During which war did Styles' father fight?
(a) The 7 Year War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Indo-Japanese War.
13. What job did Styles' father hold?
(a) He was a pilot for South Africa.
(b) He was a soldier for South Africa.
(c) He was a pilot for the UK.
(d) He was a ship captain for Germany.
14. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
(a) South African.
15. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) His shop.
(c) The building.
(d) His sink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of picture does Styles aim to provide for Zwelinzima?
2. Why was the owner of the car manufacturer plant unable to give the speech he wanted to give?
3. What is the name of Zwelinzima's wife in Part 2?
4. What is the name of the character first seen in the opening part of the play?
5. Who came to collect the pictures for the aforementioned family?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)