|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Styles say he had to go through to attain ownership of a building and a business?
(a) Too much pain.
2. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
3. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
(a) His mother's addres.
(b) His mother's phone number.
(c) His phone number.
(d) His address.
4. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
(a) Complain about the quality of the picture.
(b) Reminisce about life in the family.
(c) Leave without paying.
(d) Cry about the passed grandfather in the picture.
5. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
(a) South African.
6. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
7. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
(a) Our freedom.
(b) Our money.
(d) Our spirit.
8. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Wilson Woodrow.
(d) John Kennedy.
9. For whom did Styles say he one day realized that he was working and making money?
(a) Someone else.
(b) Mr. Ford.
(c) A devil.
(d) Mr. Jones.
10. In whose house does Zwelinzima say that he stayed while narrating his letter?
11. Who does Zwelinzima introduce himself to Buntu as in the end of Part 2?
(a) Sizwe Banzi.
(b) Bob Lorenz.
(c) Styles' brother.
(d) Vladimir Banzi.
12. To whom does Zwelinzima want to send his photograph?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His wife.
13. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) His mother.
(b) A friend.
(c) His father.
(d) A customer.
14. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
(a) The stories do not make sense.
(b) The stories seem to be lies.
(c) It is basically unexplained.
(d) Each story intertwines deeply into the next.
15. How does Zwelinzima begin to act as Style interacts with him?
(a) He begins to relax.
(b) He becomes more tense.
(c) He acts upset.
(d) He begins to act paranoid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
2. What is the first customer that Styles describes coming into the shop for a picture?
3. When Styles takes the second photograph for Zwelinzima, what happens him?
4. How many pictures does Zwelinzima want taken in Part 2?
5. What is the name of the man with whom Styles first interacts?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)