|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A snake.
2. What is the main character reading at the opening of the play?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A book.
(c) A letter.
(d) A magazine.
3. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
(a) Our spirit.
(b) Our money.
(c) Our freedom.
4. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
(a) South African.
5. Who came to collect the pictures for the aforementioned family?
(a) The sister.
(b) The eldest son.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) The eldest sister.
6. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
(a) Complain about the quality of the picture.
(b) Leave without paying.
(c) Cry about the passed grandfather in the picture.
(d) Reminisce about life in the family.
7. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
8. According to Styles, what happened to his father after he returned home from the war?
(a) He was given honors.
(b) He was left with nothing.
(c) He was captured three years later.
(d) He was accused of spying for the Germans.
9. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) His sink.
(c) His shop.
(d) The building.
10. What is the name of the character first seen in the opening part of the play?
11. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) His mother.
(b) A customer.
(c) A friend.
(d) His father.
12. What does Styles tell the man who is picking up his family photos to do?
(a) Tells him not to waste his life.
(b) He encourages the man to go back to his family.
(c) Tells him to move on with his life.
(d) Tells him to pick up his laundry down the street.
13. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
(a) A rusty compass.
(b) An old watch.
(c) A faded photograph.
(d) A sailor's hat.
14. What did Styles say he had to go through to attain ownership of a building and a business?
(b) Too much pain.
15. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Wilson Woodrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styles shout out for Zwelinzima to imagine he's posing against while getting his picture taken?
2. In whose house does Zwelinzima say that he stayed while narrating his letter?
3. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
4. How does Styles feel about the number of pictures Zwelinzima wants taken?
5. What type of speech did the car manufacturer owner want to give to the employees?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)