|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styles call his photography room?
(a) A sailor's hat.
(b) An old watch.
(c) A rusty compass.
(d) A strong room of dreams.
2. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
(a) Robbing them of their dreams.
(b) Only understandable.
(c) A collaborative effort.
(d) A very mean thing to do.
3. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
(a) It is basically unexplained.
(b) Each story intertwines deeply into the next.
(c) The stories do not make sense.
(d) The stories seem to be lies.
4. How does Zwelinzima begin to act as Style interacts with him?
(a) He acts upset.
(b) He becomes more tense.
(c) He begins to relax.
(d) He begins to act paranoid.
5. Zwelinzima explains that he was introduced to another friend through his house owner, named...
6. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
(a) Escape the police.
(b) Work at this house.
(c) Contact his family.
(d) Stay at his place.
7. What was the owner of the car manufacturing plant's name?
(a) John Williamson.
(b) James T Phillips.
(c) Henry Ford Jr.
(d) Henry Ford Sr.
8. In whose house does Zwelinzima say that he stayed while narrating his letter?
9. What does Styles tell the man who is picking up his family photos to do?
(a) Tells him to pick up his laundry down the street.
(b) Tells him not to waste his life.
(c) He encourages the man to go back to his family.
(d) Tells him to move on with his life.
10. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
11. According to Styles, what happened to his father after he returned home from the war?
(a) He was left with nothing.
(b) He was accused of spying for the Germans.
(c) He was captured three years later.
(d) He was given honors.
12. Who came to collect the pictures for the aforementioned family?
(a) The eldest son.
(b) The sister.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) The eldest sister.
13. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) His shop.
(c) The building.
(d) His sink.
14. For whom did Styles say he one day realized that he was working and making money?
(a) Mr. Ford.
(b) Someone else.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) A devil.
15. How did Styles interpret the speech given by the car manufacturer owner?
(a) He twisted the words to make fun of the owner and the plant.
(b) Very accurately.
(c) He acted as though he couldn't understand the owner.
(d) In a nervous manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the insect spray in the commercial in the first part of the play?
2. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
3. How did the owner of Styles' car manufacturing company first arrive at the organization for his speech?
4. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
5. What is the first customer that Styles describes coming into the shop for a picture?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)