|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After explaining to Siswe his thoughts on death, what happens to Buntu's mood?
(a) It changes to exhilarated.
(b) It slowly becomes darker.
(c) It snaps from dark to lighter.
(d) It gradually becomes angry.
2. At whose company does Buntu say he can get Sizwe a job after changing passbooks?
(a) Buntu's father's.
(d) Zola's mother's.
3. Where is Sizwe when he introduces himself to other people on the night he went to the bar with Buntu?
(a) Outise of Buntu's car.
(b) Out on the street in front of the bar.
(c) In the back alley of the bar.
(d) Outside of Buntu's house.
4. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
(a) Work at his house.
(b) Contact his family.
(c) Escape the police.
(d) Find a job.
5. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
(a) Hope that the peace of death will sustain him through the tough times in life.
(b) Hope that he will not become another Jacob in the near future.
(c) Fear that death is not the end of suffering.
(d) Fear not to question the system in place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the owner of the car manufacturer plant unable to give the speech he wanted to give?
2. At the end of Part 3, what does Buntu offer Sizwe to do?
3. What does Sizwe say in response to Buntu's concern over Sizwe's passbook?
4. Who does Zwelinzima introduce himself to Buntu as in the end of Part 2?
5. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)