|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to collect the pictures for the aforementioned family?
(a) The sister.
(b) The eldest sister.
(c) The eldest son.
(d) The grandmother.
2. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
(a) A scream outside.
(b) A man yelling from upstairs.
(c) Styles falling asleep.
(d) A knock on the door.
3. What is the main character reading at the opening of the play?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A letter.
(c) A book.
(d) A newspaper.
4. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) That he was arrested in a raid.
(b) That Zola is dangerous.
(c) That he will be arrested soon.
(d) That Buntu is at risk for going to jail.
5. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
(a) Hope that he will not become another Jacob in the near future.
(b) Fear that death is not the end of suffering.
(c) Hope that the peace of death will sustain him through the tough times in life.
(d) Fear not to question the system in place.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
2. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
3. What system of segregation exists during the time of this play?
4. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
5. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)