|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a common theme between what Styles went through to get his shop and what Sizwe would have to go through to get a new passbook?
2. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
(a) A very mean thing to do.
(b) A collaborative effort.
(c) Robbing them of their dreams.
(d) Only understandable.
3. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
(a) Hope that the peace of death will sustain him through the tough times in life.
(b) Fear that death is not the end of suffering.
(c) Hope that he will not become another Jacob in the near future.
(d) Fear not to question the system in place.
4. After explaining to Siswe his thoughts on death, what happens to Buntu's mood?
(a) It slowly becomes darker.
(b) It changes to exhilarated.
(c) It snaps from dark to lighter.
(d) It gradually becomes angry.
5. Where does Sizwe say the raid took place?
(a) On Zola's home.
(b) At the old dance hall.
(c) On Sizwe's old home.
(d) At Buntu's old village.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
2. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
3. What does Sizwe show Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
4. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
5. When Styles takes the second photograph for Zwelinzima, what happens him?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)