|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
(a) A visionary.
(b) A learned man.
(c) A bloody fool.
(d) A wise man.
2. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
(a) An old watch.
(b) A faded photograph.
(c) A rusty compass.
(d) A sailor's hat.
3. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
(c) South African.
4. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
(a) The owner personally requested it.
(b) They volunteered to.
(c) To make up for the lost time during the speech.
(d) They were being punished.
5. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Teddy Roosevelt.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Wilson Woodrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of speech did the car manufacturer owner want to give to the employees?
2. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
3. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
4. During which war did Styles' father fight?
5. For whom did Styles say he one day realized that he was working and making money?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)