|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styles call his photography room?
(a) A strong room of dreams.
(b) A sailor's hat.
(c) A rusty compass.
(d) An old watch.
2. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
(a) Only understandable.
(b) A collaborative effort.
(c) Robbing them of their dreams.
(d) A very mean thing to do.
3. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) A customer.
(b) His father.
(c) A friend.
(d) His mother.
4. Why was the owner of the car manufacturer plant unable to give the speech he wanted to give?
(a) He was tired.
(b) He just had surgery.
(c) He had forgotten his notes.
(d) He did not speak the same language as the employees.
5. According to Styles, what happened to his father after he returned home from the war?
(a) He was left with nothing.
(b) He was accused of spying for the Germans.
(c) He was given honors.
(d) He was captured three years later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
2. What job did Styles' father hold?
3. What does Styles tell the man who is picking up his family photos to do?
4. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
5. What type of speech did the car manufacturer owner want to give to the employees?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)