|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is this story set?
(b) South Africa.
2. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
3. How long did Styles say the owner of the car manufacturing plant stay at the plant?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four hours.
(d) One week.
4. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
(a) Our spirit.
(b) Our money.
(d) Our freedom.
5. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
(a) An old watch.
(b) A faded photograph.
(c) A sailor's hat.
(d) A rusty compass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
2. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
3. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
4. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
5. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)