|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
(a) They volunteered to.
(b) The owner personally requested it.
(c) They were being punished.
(d) To make up for the lost time during the speech.
2. In what country is this story set?
(d) South Africa.
3. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) A friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) A customer.
(d) His father.
4. How did the owner of Styles' car manufacturing company first arrive at the organization for his speech?
(a) By limousine.
(b) By helicopter.
(c) By private jet.
(d) In a Nissan car.
5. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Wilson Woodrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character first seen in the opening part of the play?
2. For whom did Styles say he one day realized that he was working and making money?
3. In his recollection spurred by the insect repellent, what animal does Styles compare himself to?
4. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
5. What type of speech did the car manufacturer owner want to give to the employees?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)