|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Styles, what happened to his father after he returned home from the war?
(a) He was captured three years later.
(b) He was left with nothing.
(c) He was given honors.
(d) He was accused of spying for the Germans.
2. Which of Buntu's arguments about changing identity makes Sizwe go quiet?
(a) The whites have already turned the blacks into ghosts.
(b) None of the above.
(c) His wife can marry a better man.
(d) His first paycheck will make life much easier.
3. What does the first man who walks into Styles' shop want?
(a) His photo redone.
(b) His picture taken.
(c) A job.
(d) His receipt honored.
4. After Sizwe says he doesn't want to die, how does this effect Buntu?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He becomes distant.
(d) He becomes calmer.
5. In what country is this story set?
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
2. At whose company does Buntu say he can get Sizwe a job after changing passbooks?
3. When Buntu comes out of the bar to join Sizwe in Part 4, what does he suggest?
4. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
5. Why in Part 4, does Buntu try to get Sizwe to leave the street outside the bar quickly?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)