|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
(a) Contact his family.
(b) Work at his house.
(c) Escape the police.
(d) Find a job.
2. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
3. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) A friend.
(d) A customer.
4. Immediately after Sizwe worries for his children, how does Buntu rationalize the idea of changing one's identity?
(a) It is necessary in order to succeed.
(b) Sizwe is already a ghost in the eyes of the men who captured him in the raid.
(c) Sizwe can get immediate rewards.
(d) It is an exciting change.
5. During the acting out of future events in Part 5, what does Buntu bully Sizwe into doing?
(a) Reciting his name and ID number without hesitating.
(b) Cutting his hair.
(c) Renouncing his religion.
(d) Beating up a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which war did Styles' father fight?
2. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
3. What is a common theme between what Styles went through to get his shop and what Sizwe would have to go through to get a new passbook?
4. What part of the dead man's passbook does Buntu change with Sizwe's?
5. What is significant about the dead man's name?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)