|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the dead man's name?
(a) It is the same name Sizwe gave Style when he first came into the photograph studio.
(b) It only consists of a first name.
(c) It was the name of a friend of Sizwe's father.
(d) It was the name of a friend of Buntu's father.
2. What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do instead of continuing to live in the country they are in illegally?
(a) To leave and go to Japan.
(b) To go home and come back to get a new passport.
(c) To only come on a tourist visa.
(d) To go home.
3. What kind of trouble did Buntu also run in to although he was born in the area?
(a) Getting his birth certificate.
(b) Getting his work permit.
(c) Making enough money to feed his family.
(d) Earning respect from the community.
4. What does Buntu remind Sizwe about the possibility of getting a new passbook?
(a) The ease of getting it with the right amount of money.
(b) The bureaucracy involved in it.
(c) The low chances of being able to actually renew it.
(d) The dangers of reporting it.
5. In the letter being read aloud in Part 2, what does it declare about Sizwe Banzi?
(a) That he is in the hospital.
(b) That he is alive.
(c) That he has been injured.
(d) That he is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is Buntu played by?
2. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
3. What is a common theme between what Styles went through to get his shop and what Sizwe would have to go through to get a new passbook?
4. How does Sizwe respond to Buntu when Buntu asks him for his passbook a second time at the end of Part 4?
5. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)