|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
(a) To work in the mines.
(b) To work as a taxi driver.
(c) To work as a bellboy.
(d) To work as a rickshaw driver.
2. What is significant about the dead man's name?
(a) It only consists of a first name.
(b) It was the name of a friend of Sizwe's father.
(c) It is the same name Sizwe gave Style when he first came into the photograph studio.
(d) It was the name of a friend of Buntu's father.
3. What is the reason that Sizwe gives Buntu for not wanting to die yet?
(a) He is afraid of the day.
(b) He has a wife and children.
(c) He needs to reconcile with his father.
(d) He is young.
4. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
(a) He meets a homeless person.
(b) He starts speaking a different language.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) He gets held up by a thief.
5. How does Sizwe respond to Buntu when Buntu asks him for his passbook a second time at the end of Part 4?
(a) He refuses to give it over.
(b) He begins to run away from Buntu.
(c) He acts as though he has lost it.
(d) He laughs and hands it over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Zwelinzima's wife in Part 2?
2. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
3. In whose house does Zwelinzima say that he stayed while narrating his letter?
4. What does Sizwe say in response to Buntu's concern over Sizwe's passbook?
5. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)