Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Paul tell Rick and Elizabeth he sill finally reunite with his father?
2. On what holiday do Larkin and Kitty witness Rick's suicide?
3. In which play by Anton Chekhov does Rick say he wants to be the lead?
4. Where does Doug go to school?
5. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
Essay Topic 1
One of the reasons that everyone in the play takes to Paul so quickly is his contention that he is Sidney Poitier's son. Write an essay about the reaction the various marks have to the thought of Poitier. What does he represent to the Kittredges? Geoffrey? Dr. Fine? Why are they so put at-ease by the thought of him?
Essay Topic 2
Trent Conway has a smaller but resonant role in Six Degrees of Separation. His decision to take Paul home one night catalyzes the ensuing events that comprise the play. Write an essay about Trent's motivation and catalyzing effect on the play. What does Trent want? Is he accepted by any particular group? How does he see his training of Paul as a solution?
Essay Topic 3
Time and again in this narrative, the question of race in America crops up. Write an essay on the idea of race in the world of this play. Do the Kittredges seem to have any other black acquaintances besides Paul? What realities of black life in America does he bring into their lives? What darker realities about race arise from the polite liberal facade of the parents in the play?
This section contains 1,885 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)