Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Paul tell Rick and Elizabeth he sill finally reunite with his father?
2. On what holiday do Larkin and Kitty witness Rick's suicide?
3. In which play by Anton Chekhov does Rick say he wants to be the lead?
4. Where does Doug go to school?
5. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
Essay Topic 1
The end of the play is ambiguous in wrapping up many of its plot lines. Write an essay about the final moments of the play, focusing on the fate of Paul. How do the Kittredges fail to find him in the Village, and how does he become lost in the criminal justice system? What does this say about his place in the world and the place of those like him?
Essay Topic 2
Trent Conway has a smaller but resonant role in Six Degrees of Separation. His decision to take Paul home one night catalyzes the ensuing events that comprise the play. Write an essay about Trent's motivation and catalyzing effect on the play. What does Trent want? Is he accepted by any particular group? How does he see his training of Paul as a solution?
Essay Topic 3
The story of this play is told almost entirely by the Kittredges. Write an essay detailing what you think they intend to impress upon the listener about their role in the story. How do they view themselves? Do they think that they have made mistakes in the course of events? What ultimately do they realize about themselves as they relive the events of the play?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)