|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paul in this section, Cezanne tried to find the rules from which art movement?
2. What is the result of the vote taken by the parents to pursue the Paul inquiry?
3. How do the Kittredges know the Larkin and Kitty?
4. Near the end of the play, Ouisa that she has plenty of color in her life, but none of this?
5. Who is the publish of Poitier's autobiography This Life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ouisa Kittredge emerges as the protagonist of the play by the end. Write an essay analyzing the plot of Guare's play as a personal journey for Ouisa. What does she discover in her evening with Paul? Why is she so driven to find out his origins and where he is, and how does this drive bring her to promise extravagant things to him over the phone? What is Ouisa's state of mind at the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Six Degrees of Separation exists in a world of hyper-literate individuals. As such, it is riddled with specific references to art, pop culture, and New York. Write an essay about references and allusions in each of these three realms of thought. Who makes them on a regular basis? How do they flesh out both individual characters and the world of the play as a whole? Do they date the play?
Essay Topic 3
The story of this play is told almost entirely by the Kittredges. Write an essay detailing what you think they intend to impress upon the listener about their role in the story. How do they view themselves? Do they think that they have made mistakes in the course of events? What ultimately do they realize about themselves as they relive the events of the play?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)