Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Paul tell Rick and Elizabeth he sill finally reunite with his father?
2. On what holiday do Larkin and Kitty witness Rick's suicide?
3. In which play by Anton Chekhov does Rick say he wants to be the lead?
4. Where does Doug go to school?
5. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
Essay Topic 1
Much of the plot of Six Degrees of Separation involves wealthy members of rarified New York dealing with the other half of society. Write an essay about the Kittredges' interaction with less affluent characters. How do they relate to each other? In what ways do the Kittredges and their friend find dealing in this other world frustrating?
Part 1) The Hustler
Part 2) The Detective
Part 3) Elizabeth
Essay Topic 2
The Kandinsky in the Kittredge condo is the central symbolic image of the play. Write an essay about the significance of this image. What theme do its opposite sides symbolize? How does the opposing control and wildness of the painting manifest itself in the action onstage? How do you interpret Paul's cryptic final words?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about parent-child relationships in Guare's play. What is the recurring motif regarding the parents who are duped in the play and their children? How do these relationships play out onstage? How do these parents regard their children, and how does Paul represent a sort of idealized form of their children?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)