|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book have Ouisa and Paul both read?
(a) The Agony and the Ecstacy
(b) The Gilded Gutter of Francis Bacon
(c) The new book on Cezanne
(d) The Andy Warhol Diaries
2. What news does Tess blurt out to Ouisa in this section?
(a) She is gay
(b) She is getting married
(c) She is dropping out of school
(d) She is pregnant
3. In the second excerpt from This Life that the parents read, what does Poitier warn his readers against doing regarding their children?
(a) Smothering them
(b) Ignoring them
(c) Condescending them
(d) Protecting them
4. What nationality of clients does Ouisa mistakenly she and Flan are schmoozing before Sotheby's?
5. Paul tells Ouisa he did not like Kitty and Larkin for what reason?
(a) They were too eager to please
(b) They were dull
(c) They left him alone
(d) They talked too much
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else's death do Larkin and Kitty witness the week they see Rick's?
2. What is Sidney Poitier's first wife's name?
3. How does Flan characterize the request he makes his children in this section?
4. Which of the following is not an adjective the children use to describe their parents' request in this section?
5. How were Dr. Fine's parents killed?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)