|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
(a) Patricia Highsmith
(b) Agatha Christie
(c) Dashiell Hammett
(d) Raymond Chandler
2. Why has Kitty not spoken to her children when she tells Ouisa and Flan their story?
(a) Their children refuse to speak with them
(b) They cannot get a call through
(c) Their children are abroad
(d) They have been in the Hamptons all weekend
3. What do Flan and Ouisa ask Tess not to tell her sister at Groton?
(a) They sold her favorite antique doll
(b) They will not be coming to her graduation
(c) The hustler was in her bed
(d) Paul used her toothbrush
4. To what literary character does Ouisa compare Trent Conway in this section?
(a) Madame Bovary
(c) Henry Higgins
5. Which of the following items is not among those Paul stole from Trent when he left?
(a) His skis
(b) His sport jacket
(c) His printer
(d) His watch
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Fine get a good deal on his brownstone?
2. What offer does Paul make Ouisa when she is trying to find out where he is?
3. In the second excerpt from This Life that the parents read, what does Poitier warn his readers against doing regarding their children?
4. On what holiday do Larkin and Kitty witness Rick's suicide?
5. Who spits on Flan at the end of this section?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)