|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the operator at the Sherry assume Ouisa is when she calls?
(a) A director
(b) A journalist
(c) Another hotel
(d) A fan
2. Which of the following items is not among those Paul stole from Trent when he left?
(a) His printer
(b) His watch
(c) His skis
(d) His sport jacket
3. Who did Paul claim his prostitute was the night he stayed at Kitty and Larkin's?
(a) A friend from school
(b) A burglar
(c) A homeless person
(d) A delivery boy
4. At which movie theater does Ouisa say she will meet Paul to take him to the police?
(a) The Kip's Bay
(b) The Waverly
(c) The 42nd Street
(d) The Union Square
5. What information does the Detective bring to Flan and Ouisa in this section?
(a) He is transferring off the case
(b) Elizabeth will press charges
(c) Sidney Poitier has called him
(d) Paul has been captured
Short Answer Questions
1. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
2. What painting does Elizabeth suggest Paul tell Flan he has to give him?
3. How do the Kittredges know the Larkin and Kitty?
4. In the second excerpt from This Life that the parents read, what does Poitier warn his readers against doing regarding their children?
5. Which Greek playwright is Ouisa said to have mockingly mentioned after seeing Cats?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)