|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school does the Kittredges' daughter attend?
2. What article of clothing does Flan look at and think of Van Gogh?
(a) His shoes
(b) A hat
(c) His ties
(d) His sport coat
3. Where in New York did the schoolteacher who is the initial subject of Paul's thesis work?
(a) Staten Island
(b) Long Island
4. Which of the following prominent New York families is not one that Paul mentions considering before deciding to come to the Kittredges?
(a) The Babcocks
(b) The Helmsleys
(c) The Auchinslosses
(d) The Onassises
5. Which of the following is not a reason Flan lists for his clients wanting to deal with him instead of a gallery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where on his body has Paul been stabbed when he enters the Kittredges'?
2. According to Paul, on the shooting of what movie did Sidney Poitier meet his second wife?
3. In the excerpt from Catcher in the Rye that Paul recites, Holden would rather chop off a man's head than what?
4. To what mythological figure does Ouisa compare Geoffrey when she describes him?
5. What Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does Paul announce his father will be adapting for the screen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Geoffrey's financial situation strange?
2. Describe Paul's entrance.
3. Describe the humorous comparison Ouisa makes regarding Geoffrey's wealth.
4. What seems to be Paul's fate at the end of the play?
5. What event breaks the relative silence after the Trent Conway revelation?
6. How does Paul succeed in taking Rick and Elizabeth's money?
7. What story do Larkin and Kitty tell in this section?
8. What is sent to the Kittredges in this section and how do they respond?
9. How does Paul describe his father in this section?
10. Why is Flan in awe of his children's second grade teacher?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)