|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following fantasy stories is not among the one listed mockingly as "imaginative" in Paul's thesis?
(a) Star Trek
(b) Lord of the Rings
(c) Star Wars
(d) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
2. In what country did Wassily Kandinsky die?
3. What does Paul's thesis conclude is "God's gift" to us (34)?
(a) Free Choice
(c) Other people
4. Who calls the Kittredges soon after Paul leaves?
(b) The Japanese buyers
(c) Their daughter
5. How much money does Flan need to convince Geoffrey to loan him at the beginning of Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Ouisa tell Flan not to use in this section?
2. What does Flan demand of Paul in the scene with the Hustler?
3. What does everyone say about the New York Times crossword puzzle, according to Ouisa?
4. At the end of this section, who does Flan think Ouisa will say is God's name?
5. What valuable item has Paul lost in the mugging?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Geoffrey's financial situation strange?
2. How do the Kittredges conspire to find Paul at the end of this section?
3. Describe the dish that Paul prepares.
4. During the opening moments of the play, what do Ouisa and Flan do onstage?
5. What is Flan's attitude toward the art he sells?
6. How does Dr. Fine deal with Paul's deception?
7. What surprise do the Kittredges have speaking with Larkin and Kitty?
8. Describe Flan and Ouisa at the beginning of the play.
9. What do the Kittredges do after they regain their composure?
10. What is the meaning of the title of the play?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)