|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What taciturn promise does Paul make the Kittredges and Geoffrey before the latter leaves?
(a) He will pay them back for the shirt
(b) He will cook for them again sometime
(c) They can be in Cats
(d) They can have dinner with his father
2. In what city were the Kittredges living when they met Geoffrey?
(a) New York
3. Who is not onstage in the last moments of this section?
4. From what musical is the song that Ouisa wants to sing as she leans against a barricade?
(a) The Threepenny Opera
(c) The Fantasticks
5. What French film does Flan reference while mocking Ouisa about South Africa in this section?
(a) Grand Illusion
(b) Rules of the Game
(c) Battle of Algiers
(d) Pepe Le Moko
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Flan give Paul for his assistance with Geoffrey?
2. In Paul's description of his father, Sidney Poitier claims that growing up his family was so poor they did not even own what?
3. What percentage commission does Ouisa theorize Flan is giving Paul?
4. In what country are the coal miners whom Gorbachev is cheering, according to Ouisa?
5. Which of the following is not a reason Flan lists for his clients wanting to deal with him instead of a gallery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise does Ouisa make Paul in exchange for his agreement to go to the police?
2. What surprise do the Kittredges have speaking with Larkin and Kitty?
3. What comparison does Geoffrey make regarding New York as he discusses dinner?
4. How does Kitty, Larkin, and the Kittredge's meeting with their children go in this section?
5. What does Ouisa discover when she wakes Paul in this section?
6. How does Paul succeed in taking Rick and Elizabeth's money?
7. What offer does Paul make the Kittredges regarding dinner?
8. What story do Flan and Ouisa send the New York Times?
9. What does Paul say happened to him in the Park?
10. How does Paul describe the Kittredge children?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)