|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does Paul say he grew up?
2. In this section, Flan repeated mentions not wanting to be accused of what?
3. To what artist's work does Flan compare his children's paintings in the second grade?
4. What valuable item has Paul lost in the mugging?
(a) His thesis
(b) His shoes
(c) His antique pocketwatch
(d) His only photo of his mother
5. According to Paul, on the shooting of what movie did Sidney Poitier meet his second wife?
(a) Raisin in the Sun
(b) The Defiant Ones
(c) The Lost Man
(d) Blackboard Jungle
Short Answer Questions
1. What Christian prayer do Flan and Ouisa recite at the beginning of Act 1?
2. At the end of this section, Flan compares not thinking about two million dollars to trying not to think of what animal?
3. What does Paul's thesis conclude is "God's gift" to us (34)?
4. In the excerpt from Catcher in the Rye that Paul recites, Holden would rather chop off a man's head than what?
5. From what musical is the song that Ouisa wants to sing as she leans against a barricade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake does Ouisa make while trying to apply first aid to Paul?
2. Why does Flan give Paul fifty dollars after Geoffrey leaves?
3. What information has Flan been keeping from Ouisa that he tells her at the end of this section?
4. Why is the dinner with Geoffrey so important to the Kittredges?
5. What was Paul's inspiration for his thesis?
6. What comparison does Geoffrey make regarding New York as he discusses dinner?
7. What new film project does Paul describe in this section?
8. What is sent to the Kittredges in this section and how do they respond?
9. How does Paul explain the naked man to Flan and Ouisa?
10. What do the Kittredges do when Paul tries to leave?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)