|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of this section, Flan describes a painting by what artist?
(d) Van Gogh
2. What does the New York Times send contributors of the anecdotes Flan and Ouisa mention at the end of this section?
(a) A free subscription
(b) A framed excerpt
(c) A bottle of champagne
(d) A Times tree ornament
3. In what city was Sidney Poitier born?
4. At the end of this section, Flan compares not thinking about two million dollars to trying not to think of what animal?
(a) A cat
(b) An elephant
(c) An ostrich
(d) A cow
5. What word does Ouisa tell Flan not to use in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie does Paul mention won Sidney Poitier his only Oscar?
2. What does Geoffrey say amazes him about New York in his first line?
3. According to the saying Ouisa quotes in this section, what do all artists dream of?
4. When does the Kittredge's housekeeper come in?
5. How much money does Flan give Paul for his assistance with Geoffrey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What galling realization do the parents make as they read SIdney Poitier's autobiography?
2. What event breaks the relative silence after the Trent Conway revelation?
3. What does Ouisa discover when she wakes Paul in this section?
4. What was Paul's inspiration for his thesis?
5. How does Paul describe his father?
6. What does Paul say happened to him in the Park?
7. How do the two sets of parents in this section try to track down Sidney Poitier?
8. What is Trent's ultimate plan for Paul?
9. How does Dr. Fine deal with Paul's deception?
10. Describe the accusations Doug hurls at his father?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)