|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What denigrating term does Flan use repeated in reference to the Hustler?
2. Which of the following would-be presidential assassins is mentioned in Paul's thesis?
3. Which hotel is Poitier checking into in the morning, according to Paul?
(a) The Gramercy Park
(b) The Sherry
(c) The Waldorf-Astoria
(d) The Bowery
4. In what city were the Kittredges living when they met Geoffrey?
(d) New York
5. What is the last thing the Hustler says before leaving the condo?
(a) It's been fun
(b) One love
(c) Fuck you
(d) Which way is the nearest subway?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not onstage in the last moments of this section?
2. In the hypothetical script Paul describes his father receiving, what is Poitier's character's profession?
3. Which of the following characters tries to leave in the chaos of applying first aid to Paul?
4. Paul is looking at a statue of what in Central Park when he is mugged?
5. What does Paul compliment about Geoffrey after the latter comments on dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Geoffrey's financial situation strange?
2. What galling realization do the parents make as they read SIdney Poitier's autobiography?
3. How does Paul describe his father in this section?
4. Describe the accusations Doug hurls at his father?
5. What story do Flan and Ouisa send the New York Times?
6. What seems to be Paul's fate at the end of the play?
7. How does the Detective respond to the complaints of the Kittredges, Kitty, and Larkin?
8. How does Ouisa lose Paul?
9. Describe the dish that Paul prepares.
10. What surprise do the Kittredges have speaking with Larkin and Kitty?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)