|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Ouisa considers the idea of being murdered in her sleep, what does she wonder aloud?
(a) Would she go to heaven
(b) Would it hurt
(c) Who would find her
(d) Would she wake up
2. Which of the following would-be presidential assassins is mentioned in Paul's thesis?
3. From what musical is the song that Ouisa wants to sing as she leans against a barricade?
(b) The Threepenny Opera
(c) The Fantasticks
4. Who does Paul jokingly say he will test on Catcher in the Rye?
(b) His advisor
5. How does the Hunan Wok misspell its sign?
(a) Hunan Work
(b) Nunan Wok
(c) Human Wok
(d) Human Work
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flan demand of Paul in the scene with the Hustler?
2. In what country did Wassily Kandinsky die?
3. How many workers does Ouisa say Geoffrey has working in one of his mines?
4. What taciturn promise does Paul make the Kittredges and Geoffrey before the latter leaves?
5. What movie does Paul mention won Sidney Poitier his only Oscar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul view himself in terms of race in America?
2. What promise does Ouisa make Paul in exchange for his agreement to go to the police?
3. During the opening moments of the play, what do Ouisa and Flan do onstage?
4. How is Geoffrey's financial situation strange?
5. How do the two sets of parents in this section try to track down Sidney Poitier?
6. What do the Kittredges do after they regain their composure?
7. Why is the dinner with Geoffrey so important to the Kittredges?
8. What do the parents ask their children to do in this section?
9. Why does Flan give Paul fifty dollars after Geoffrey leaves?
10. What does Ouisa discover when she wakes Paul in this section?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)