|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event do the Kittredges have to attend in the morning?
(a) A wedding
(b) A charity fundraiser
(c) A gallery opening
(d) A christening
2. According to Flan in this section, Geoffrey has recently sold a print by what modern artist?
(d) De Kooning
3. How much money does the Dean and Deluca customer leave for his purchase in Flan and Ouisa's story?
4. Flan is shocked that his son lets Paul call him what?
5. What Christian prayer do Flan and Ouisa recite at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Hail Mary
(b) The Nicean Creed
(c) Our Father
(d) Now I lay me down to sleep...
Short Answer Questions
1. What taciturn promise does Paul make the Kittredges and Geoffrey before the latter leaves?
2. Who does Flan stop Geoffrey from calling in this section?
3. What article of clothing does Flan look at and think of Van Gogh?
4. At what time does Paul say he has to meet his father?
5. Which of the following fantasy stories is not among the one listed mockingly as "imaginative" in Paul's thesis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul describe his father?
2. How does Paul describe his father in this section?
3. How does Ouisa lose Paul?
4. What is the essence of Paul's thesis?
5. How does the Detective respond to the complaints of the Kittredges, Kitty, and Larkin?
6. Describe Flan and Ouisa at the beginning of the play.
7. What offer does Paul make the Kittredges regarding dinner?
8. Describe Paul's entrance.
9. What information has Flan been keeping from Ouisa that he tells her at the end of this section?
10. What are the Kittredges doing the night that Paul finally calls them?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)