|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone say about the New York Times crossword puzzle, according to Ouisa?
(a) They have never finished the Sunday puzzle
(b) They do it in ink
(c) It is a waste of time
(d) The Monday puzzle is two easy
2. What does Paul's thesis conclude is "God's gift" to us (34)?
(b) Other people
(c) Free Choice
3. What negative world does Ouisa repeat over and over throughout the first couple minutes of the play?
4. What article of clothing does Flan look at and think of Van Gogh?
(a) A hat
(b) His shoes
(c) His sport coat
(d) His ties
5. How many workers does Ouisa say Geoffrey has working in one of his mines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Paul make of the Kittredges before leaving?
2. What does Flan demand of Paul in the scene with the Hustler?
3. What does Paul compliment about Geoffrey after the latter comments on dinner?
4. What percentage commission does Ouisa theorize Flan is giving Paul?
5. Which of the following is not a reason Flan lists for his clients wanting to deal with him instead of a gallery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Flan's attitude toward the art he sells?
2. How does Paul describe the Kittredge children?
3. What is the essence of Paul's thesis?
4. How does Paul view himself in terms of race in America?
5. How does Ouisa lose Paul?
6. What is Trent's ultimate plan for Paul?
7. How does Trent Conway assist Paul in his fraud?
8. During the opening moments of the play, what do Ouisa and Flan do onstage?
9. How do Flan and Ouisa know Geoffrey?
10. What story do Larkin and Kitty tell in this section?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)