|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which hotel is Poitier checking into in the morning, according to Paul?
(a) The Gramercy Park
(b) The Bowery
(c) The Sherry
(d) The Waldorf-Astoria
2. What color is the shirt that the Kittredges give to Paul?
3. Which of the following prominent New York families is not one that Paul mentions considering before deciding to come to the Kittredges?
(a) The Helmsleys
(b) The Onassises
(c) The Babcocks
(d) The Auchinslosses
4. To what object does Ouisa compare Geoffrey's money in this section?
(a) A beacon
(b) A lawnmower
(c) A mustang
(d) A lifeboat
5. In this section, Paul mentions attending a film festival with his father in what country?
(a) South Africa
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ouisa speak to to Sidney Poitier in her dream?
2. How much money does Flan give Paul for his assistance with Geoffrey?
3. Where do the prospective buyers for Flan's Cezanne live?
4. According to the saying Ouisa quotes in this section, what do all artists dream of?
5. What film option does Flan think may be a nice alternative for Paul's father's movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Trent and Paul's relationship end?
2. What are the Kittredges doing the night that Paul finally calls them?
3. How does Kitty, Larkin, and the Kittredge's meeting with their children go in this section?
4. What do the Kittredges do when Paul tries to leave?
5. What is Trent's ultimate plan for Paul?
6. Describe the accusations Doug hurls at his father?
7. What is the essence of Paul's thesis?
8. What is Ouisa's essential fear about the fate of Paul of the play?
9. Why is Flan in awe of his children's second grade teacher?
10. What does Paul say happened to him in the Park?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)