|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ouisa initially fear the Hustler may have?
(a) A knife
(c) Their silverwear
(d) A gun
2. What word does Ouisa tell Flan not to use in this section?
3. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
(a) The Chrysler Building
(b) Madison Square Garden
(c) Grand Central Station
(d) The Flatiron Building
4. What did Paul's muggers take from him in addition to his wallet?
(a) His suitcase
(b) His sport coat
(c) His keys
(d) His class ring
5. Paul is looking at a statue of what in Central Park when he is mugged?
(a) An angel
(b) A priest
(d) A husky
Short Answer Questions
1. Where on his body has Paul been stabbed when he enters the Kittredges'?
2. What article of clothing does Flan look at and think of Van Gogh?
3. What is the only article of clothing the Hustler is wearing when he emerges from Paul's bedroom?
4. Who tells Paul to leave the condo in this section?
5. When Flan mentions that Geoffrey is from South Africa, Ouisa needles him for sounding how?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sidney Poitier say to Ouisa in her dream?
2. How does Kitty, Larkin, and the Kittredge's meeting with their children go in this section?
3. What are the Kittredges doing the night that Paul finally calls them?
4. How does Ouisa lose Paul?
5. What do the Kittredges do when Paul tries to leave?
6. How do the two sets of parents in this section try to track down Sidney Poitier?
7. Describe the dish that Paul prepares.
8. What do the Kittredges do after they regain their composure?
9. What do the parents ask their children to do in this section?
10. What event breaks the relative silence after the Trent Conway revelation?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)