|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul enters the scene, where does he announce that he attends school with the Kittredges' daughter?
2. What is the first item in the room that Flan checks in Act 1?
(a) The Victorian inkwell
(b) The first edition Dickens
(c) The watercolor of the dog
(d) The two-sided painting
3. What does Ouisa initially fear the Hustler may have?
(b) Their silverwear
(c) A gun
(d) A knife
4. What word does Paul repeat over and over as Ouisa tries to wake him in this section?
5. What event do the Kittredges have to attend in the morning?
(a) A charity fundraiser
(b) A gallery opening
(c) A wedding
(d) A christening
Short Answer Questions
1. What valuable item has Paul lost in the mugging?
2. A painting by what artist hangs above the stage during the play?
3. Which of the following would-be presidential assassins is mentioned in Paul's thesis?
4. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
5. According to Flan in this section, Geoffrey has recently sold a print by what modern artist?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Trent Conway assist Paul in his fraud?
2. Describe the humorous comparison Ouisa makes regarding Geoffrey's wealth.
3. How does Paul explain the naked man to Flan and Ouisa?
4. During the opening moments of the play, what do Ouisa and Flan do onstage?
5. What is Flan's attitude toward the art he sells?
6. Why is the dinner with Geoffrey so important to the Kittredges?
7. How does Ouisa lose Paul?
8. What was Paul's inspiration for his thesis?
9. How does Paul view himself in terms of race in America?
10. What is Trent's ultimate plan for Paul?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)