|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Christian prayer do Flan and Ouisa recite at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Now I lay me down to sleep...
(b) Our Father
(c) Hail Mary
(d) The Nicean Creed
2. Paul is looking at a statue of what in Central Park when he is mugged?
(b) An angel
(c) A husky
(d) A priest
3. In what country did Wassily Kandinsky die?
4. What school does the Kittredges' daughter attend?
5. Which of the following is not an ingredient listed in the dish Paul prepares?
(a) Sun-dried tomatoes
(d) Tuna Fish
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does Paul say he grew up?
2. When Paul enters the scene, where does he announce that he attends school with the Kittredges' daughter?
3. What is the first item in the room that Flan checks in Act 1?
4. How much money does Flan give Paul for his assistance with Geoffrey?
5. What does everyone say about the New York Times crossword puzzle, according to Ouisa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Flan and Ouisa at the beginning of the play.
2. What offer does Paul make the Kittredges regarding dinner?
3. How does Flan respond to Paul's calling Ouisa?
4. Why does Geoffrey call at the end of this section?
5. Why does Flan repeatedly try to silence his wife's narration throughout this section?
6. Why does the Detective now have a case against Paul at the end of this section?
7. Describe the humorous comparison Ouisa makes regarding Geoffrey's wealth.
8. How does Ouisa lose Paul?
9. What is the essence of Paul's thesis?
10. What promise does Ouisa make Paul in exchange for his agreement to go to the police?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)