|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flan is shocked that his son lets Paul call him what?
2. Who does Flan stop Geoffrey from calling in this section?
(b) The Japanese
(c) Sidney Poitier
(d) Geoffrey's wife
3. To what mythological figure does Ouisa compare Geoffrey when she describes him?
4. What Christian prayer do Flan and Ouisa recite at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The Nicean Creed
(b) Now I lay me down to sleep...
(c) Hail Mary
(d) Our Father
5. Which of the following is not a black celebrity that Geoffrey thinks could take part in his film festival?
(a) Richard Pryor
(b) Eddie Murphy
(c) Diana Ross
(d) Bill Cosby
Short Answer Questions
1. Where on his body has Paul been stabbed when he enters the Kittredges'?
2. What is Geoffrey's wife's name?
3. Which of the following characters tries to leave in the chaos of applying first aid to Paul?
4. What denigrating term does Flan use repeated in reference to the Hustler?
5. In what city was Sidney Poitier born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise do the Kittredges have speaking with Larkin and Kitty?
2. How does Paul explain the naked man to Flan and Ouisa?
3. How does Flan respond to Paul's calling Ouisa?
4. How does Paul view himself in terms of race in America?
5. Describe the dish that Paul prepares.
6. Why is Flan in awe of his children's second grade teacher?
7. Why does Flan give Paul fifty dollars after Geoffrey leaves?
8. What information has Flan been keeping from Ouisa that he tells her at the end of this section?
9. How does Trent and Paul's relationship end?
10. How does Kitty, Larkin, and the Kittredge's meeting with their children go in this section?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)