|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what letter of Trent's address book does Paul get before leaving him?
2. How does Flan characterize himself when explaining his life to Ouisa in this section?
(a) A businessman
(b) An artist
(c) A gambler
(d) A survivor
3. What arrives with the flowers that Paul sends the Kittredges?
(a) A cheese basket
(b) An art print
(c) A pot of jam
(d) A bottle of champagne
4. In this section Paul admits that his Salinger speech was lifted from a commencement address at what college?
(a) University of Pennsylvania
5. To what object from the play does Paul make reference in the final moment?
(a) The Kandinski
(b) The pink shirt
(c) The Alaskan huskie
(d) The address book
6. Which of the following items is not something Paul asks Ouisa to send him in prison?
7. How does Ouisa describe Paul's essential quality to her children in this section?
8. Which family is the first that Paul asks Trent about in this section?
9. Who is the publish of Poitier's autobiography This Life?
(a) Schuster and Schuster
(d) Random House
10. What painting does Elizabeth suggest Paul tell Flan he has to give him?
(a) Starry Night
(b) Sunnday on the Grande Jatte
(c) The Ambassadors
(d) The Mona Lisa
11. According to Donald Barthelme, what is the art form of the twentieth century?
(a) Found object
(d) Abstract expressionism
12. Which of the following is not a college that Paul lists Flan's "new" children attending?
13. To what literary character does Ouisa compare Trent Conway in this section?
(c) Madame Bovary
(d) Henry Higgins
14. Which of the following is not an adjective the children use to describe their parents' request in this section?
15. At the end of their first meeting with their children, Flan protests to Tess that she is not a part of a conspiracy but what?
(a) A family
(b) A relationship
(c) An understanding
(d) A secret
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Paul claim his prostitute was the night he stayed at Kitty and Larkin's?
2. What word's pronunciation is Trent trying to correct when he and Paul appear onstage?
3. Which chic New York eatery does Paul "treat" Rick to in this section?
4. Which of the following is not among the "charges" the Kittredges and Larkin list to the Detective regarding Paul?
5. In what state does Paul tell Rick and Elizabeth he sill finally reunite with his father?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)