|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this section, Doug tells his father that his mother says sleeping with him was like sleeping with what food?
(a) A rotting fish
(b) An old bowl of borscht
(c) A pasta dish with too much garlic
(d) A salad with bad dressing
2. What do Rick and Elizabeth do to make money in New York?
(a) Turn tricks
(b) Temp in offices
(c) Wait tables
(d) Busk in the subway
3. Which notorious public figure does Tess invoke to describe what her parents are asking her to do?
4. According to Donald Barthelme, what is the art form of the twentieth century?
(b) Abstract expressionism
(d) Found object
5. Which of the following is not a course that Flan lists as necessary to becoming a high-end art dealer?
(b) European history
(c) Art history
6. Which artist's work is bidding on at Sotheby's in this section?
7. On what holiday do Larkin and Kitty witness Rick's suicide?
(a) Labor Day
(b) Valentine's Day
(c) New Years Eve
8. What word's pronunciation is Trent trying to correct when he and Paul appear onstage?
9. Which of the following terms is not something that Dr. Fine accuses Paul of being?
(a) A fraud
(b) A thief
(c) A crack addict
(d) An imposter
10. Which of the following is not a college that Paul lists Flan's "new" children attending?
11. Which of the assembled children in this section takes exception for what he perceives as an unspoken accusation of drug use?
12. Which Greek playwright is Ouisa said to have mockingly mentioned after seeing Cats?
13. Which of the following items is not among those Paul stole from Trent when he left?
(a) His watch
(b) His printer
(c) His skis
(d) His sport jacket
14. To what country does Tess say she wants to travel in this section?
15. Where does Paul proposition Rick for sex?
(a) At the resturant
(b) In a carriage
(c) At Rick's apartment
(d) On the subway
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of his monologue about thie imagination in this section, Paul says that it is not what?
2. In what state does Paul tell Rick and Elizabeth he sill finally reunite with his father?
3. According to Paul in this section, Cezanne tried to find the rules from which art movement?
4. Which Massachusetts college does Trent Conway attend?
5. What painting does Elizabeth suggest Paul tell Flan he has to give him?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)