|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the publish of Poitier's autobiography This Life?
(a) Schuster and Schuster
(b) Random House
2. What information does the Detective bring to Flan and Ouisa in this section?
(a) He is transferring off the case
(b) Paul has been captured
(c) Elizabeth will press charges
(d) Sidney Poitier has called him
3. What type of specialist is Dr. Fine?
(a) A podiatrist
(b) An obstetrician
(c) An osteopath
(d) A pediatrician
4. What news does Tess blurt out to Ouisa in this section?
(a) She is getting married
(b) She is pregnant
(c) She is dropping out of school
(d) She is gay
5. Which New York periodical publishes the Kittredges' story in this section?
(a) The Village Voice
(b) The Times
(c) New York Magazine
(d) The Daily News
6. Where does the doorman say Flan's illegitimate son is living?
(a) The YMCA
(b) Central Park
(c) The street
7. Which Greek playwright is Ouisa said to have mockingly mentioned after seeing Cats?
8. Near the end of the play, Ouisa that she has plenty of color in her life, but none of this?
9. Which family is the first that Paul asks Trent about in this section?
10. Which of the following options is not one suggested in this section for tracking down Sidney Poitier?
(a) Who's Who
(c) Celebrity Service
(d) A library
11. How much money does Paul request from Rick and Elizabeth?
12. Which of the assembled children in this section takes exception for what he perceives as an unspoken accusation of drug use?
13. How does Paul describe the imagination in this section?
(a) Your child's voice
(b) Your sunset voice
(c) Your ever-badgering voice
(d) Your 4 AM voice
14. How much money did Kitty give Paul?
15. According to Woody in this section, his parents bough him the pink shirt when he outgrew his other shirts because of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Through what letter of Trent's address book does Paul get before leaving him?
2. How many high school friends does Tess estimate were into drugs, gangs, and homosexuality?
3. Why has Kitty not spoken to her children when she tells Ouisa and Flan their story?
4. To what object from the play does Paul make reference in the final moment?
5. Which of the following items is not something Paul asks Ouisa to send him in prison?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)