|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What painting does Elizabeth suggest Paul tell Flan he has to give him?
(a) Starry Night
(b) Sunnday on the Grande Jatte
(c) The Mona Lisa
(d) The Ambassadors
2. According to Donald Barthelme, what is the art form of the twentieth century?
(b) Found object
(d) Abstract expressionism
3. According to Kitty what famous starlet used the alias Harriet Brown at hotels?
(a) Audrey Hepburn
(b) Greta Garbo
(c) Vivien Leigh
(d) Mae West
4. What do Rick and Elizabeth do to make money in New York?
(a) Turn tricks
(b) Temp in offices
(c) Wait tables
(d) Busk in the subway
5. What offer does Paul make Ouisa when she is trying to find out where he is?
(a) He will come over and make dinner
(b) He will give them back their fifty dollars
(c) He will turn himself in
(d) He will be their house-keeper
6. Who spits on Flan at the end of this section?
(b) The hustler
(c) His doorman
(d) A policeman
7. Which artist's work is bidding on at Sotheby's in this section?
8. In this section, Doug tells his father that his mother says sleeping with him was like sleeping with what food?
(a) A salad with bad dressing
(b) A pasta dish with too much garlic
(c) A rotting fish
(d) An old bowl of borscht
9. Which of the following items is not something Paul asks Ouisa to send him in prison?
10. What state are Flan and Ouisa from originally?
(b) Rhode Island
(c) New Hampshire
11. Which of the following is not among the "charges" the Kittredges and Larkin list to the Detective regarding Paul?
(a) He made them dinner
(b) He claimed to be the son of Sidney Poitier
(c) He told them about Catcher in the Rye
(d) He sent them flowers
12. What news does Tess blurt out to Ouisa in this section?
(a) She is gay
(b) She is getting married
(c) She is dropping out of school
(d) She is pregnant
13. According to Ouisa, what liquid are workmen using to clean the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
(c) White wine
(d) Fish oil
14. What nationality of clients does Ouisa mistakenly she and Flan are schmoozing before Sotheby's?
15. Who else's death do Larkin and Kitty witness the week they see Rick's?
(a) A homeless man's
(c) A cab driver's
(d) Larkin's mother's
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family is the first that Paul asks Trent about in this section?
2. In this section Paul admits that his Salinger speech was lifted from a commencement address at what college?
3. How does Flan characterize the request he makes his children in this section?
4. Which of the following children does not come down from Harvard in this section?
5. What type of law does Kitty's "friend" practice?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)