|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else's death do Larkin and Kitty witness the week they see Rick's?
(a) A homeless man's
(b) Larkin's mother's
(d) A cab driver's
2. How does Ouisa describe Paul's essential quality to her children in this section?
3. What book have Ouisa and Paul both read?
(a) The new book on Cezanne
(b) The Agony and the Ecstacy
(c) The Gilded Gutter of Francis Bacon
(d) The Andy Warhol Diaries
4. Where does Doug go to school?
5. What is the result of the vote taken by the parents to pursue the Paul inquiry?
(a) Unanimous Yes
(b) 3 to 2 Yes
(c) Unanimous No
(d) 4 to 1 Yes
6. Through what letter of Trent's address book does Paul get before leaving him?
7. How does Trent ironically describe his rich friends to Paul?
(a) Hopelessly romantic
(b) Desperate and longing
(c) Hand to mouth
(d) A lost generation
8. What type of law does Kitty's "friend" practice?
(a) Patent law
(b) Maritime law
(c) Divorce law
(d) Theatrical law
9. Where does Paul proposition Rick for sex?
(a) At Rick's apartment
(b) On the subway
(c) At the resturant
(d) In a carriage
10. According to Donald Barthelme, what is the art form of the twentieth century?
(b) Abstract expressionism
(d) Found object
11. How do the Kittredges know the Larkin and Kitty?
(a) One of Flan's former partners
(b) Their daughter
(d) Their sons
12. What key information about Paul does Ouisa not have in her search for him?
(a) His charges
(b) His age
(c) His arresting officer
(d) His name
13. What adjective do Flan and Paul repeatedly use to describe the dull part of art dealing?
14. How much money did Kitty give Paul?
15. Who spits on Flan at the end of this section?
(b) A policeman
(c) The hustler
(d) His doorman
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a course that Flan lists as necessary to becoming a high-end art dealer?
2. How does Paul describe the imagination in this section?
3. Which chic New York eatery does Paul "treat" Rick to in this section?
4. What information does the Detective bring to Flan and Ouisa in this section?
5. Which family is the first that Paul asks Trent about in this section?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)