|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality of clients does Ouisa mistakenly she and Flan are schmoozing before Sotheby's?
2. Who spits on Flan at the end of this section?
(b) A policeman
(c) His doorman
(d) The hustler
3. What key information about Paul does Ouisa not have in her search for him?
(a) His arresting officer
(b) His charges
(c) His age
(d) His name
4. Which of the following items is not something Paul asks Ouisa to send him in prison?
5. What offer does Paul make Ouisa when she is trying to find out where he is?
(a) He will be their house-keeper
(b) He will give them back their fifty dollars
(c) He will turn himself in
(d) He will come over and make dinner
6. What type of law does Kitty's "friend" practice?
(a) Divorce law
(b) Patent law
(c) Theatrical law
(d) Maritime law
7. Where does Doug go to school?
8. Who did Paul claim his prostitute was the night he stayed at Kitty and Larkin's?
(a) A homeless person
(b) A friend from school
(c) A delivery boy
(d) A burglar
9. How many high school friends does Tess estimate were into drugs, gangs, and homosexuality?
(a) Too many to count
10. In this section Paul admits that his Salinger speech was lifted from a commencement address at what college?
(d) University of Pennsylvania
11. How does Trent ironically describe his rich friends to Paul?
(a) Desperate and longing
(b) A lost generation
(c) Hopelessly romantic
(d) Hand to mouth
12. What state are Flan and Ouisa from originally?
(b) New Hampshire
(d) Rhode Island
13. Which of the following is not a college that Paul lists Flan's "new" children attending?
14. How were Dr. Fine's parents killed?
(a) In a plane crash
(b) In a house fire
(c) In a mugging
(d) In the Holocaust
15. In what state does Paul tell Rick and Elizabeth he sill finally reunite with his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Kitty give Paul?
2. Where does the doorman say Flan's illegitimate son is living?
3. According to Donald Barthelme, what is the art form of the twentieth century?
4. What is the result of the vote taken by the parents to pursue the Paul inquiry?
5. What news does Tess blurt out to Ouisa in this section?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)