|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of the play, Ouisa that she has plenty of color in her life, but none of this?
2. How does Ouisa describe Paul's essential quality to her children in this section?
3. What is Paul drinking when Dr. Fine confronts him at the brownstone?
4. According to Kitty what famous starlet used the alias Harriet Brown at hotels?
(a) Audrey Hepburn
(b) Vivien Leigh
(c) Mae West
(d) Greta Garbo
5. Which of the following terms is not something that Dr. Fine accuses Paul of being?
(a) A fraud
(b) A thief
(c) An imposter
(d) A crack addict
6. In which play by Anton Chekhov does Rick say he wants to be the lead?
(a) Uncle Vanya
(c) The Cherry Orchard
(d) The Seagull
7. Which of the following options is not one suggested in this section for tracking down Sidney Poitier?
(a) A library
(b) Celebrity Service
(d) Who's Who
8. What state are Flan and Ouisa from originally?
(b) New Hampshire
(d) Rhode Island
9. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
(a) Dashiell Hammett
(b) Patricia Highsmith
(c) Agatha Christie
(d) Raymond Chandler
10. To what object from the play does Paul make reference in the final moment?
(a) The Kandinski
(b) The Alaskan huskie
(c) The pink shirt
(d) The address book
11. How does Trent ironically describe his rich friends to Paul?
(a) A lost generation
(b) Hopelessly romantic
(c) Desperate and longing
(d) Hand to mouth
12. Which family is the first that Paul asks Trent about in this section?
13. What is the result of the vote taken by the parents to pursue the Paul inquiry?
(a) Unanimous No
(b) 3 to 2 Yes
(c) Unanimous Yes
(d) 4 to 1 Yes
14. Which of the following is not a college that Paul lists Flan's "new" children attending?
15. How did Dr. Fine get a good deal on his brownstone?
(a) He took over a rent-controlled lease in the sly
(b) His brother is a realter
(c) There was a murder in it
(d) He bought it in the recession of the late 70's
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is not something Paul asks Ouisa to send him in prison?
2. On what holiday do Larkin and Kitty witness Rick's suicide?
3. Where does Paul proposition Rick for sex?
4. Which Greek playwright is Ouisa said to have mockingly mentioned after seeing Cats?
5. Which chic New York eatery does Paul "treat" Rick to in this section?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)