Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Paul tell Rick and Elizabeth he sill finally reunite with his father?
2. On what holiday do Larkin and Kitty witness Rick's suicide?
(a) Valentine's Day
(b) Labor Day
(c) New Years Eve
3. In which play by Anton Chekhov does Rick say he wants to be the lead?
(a) The Cherry Orchard
(c) Uncle Vanya
(d) The Seagull
4. Where does Doug go to school?
5. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
(a) Raymond Chandler
(b) Dashiell Hammett
(c) Agatha Christie
(d) Patricia Highsmith
6. Who is the publish of Poitier's autobiography This Life?
(b) Schuster and Schuster
(c) Random House
7. To what country does Tess say she wants to travel in this section?
8. Which chic New York eatery does Paul "treat" Rick to in this section?
(a) Le Cirque
(b) The Four Seasons
(c) Tavern on the Green
(d) The Rainbow Room
9. Which of the following is not among the "charges" the Kittredges and Larkin list to the Detective regarding Paul?
(a) He sent them flowers
(b) He claimed to be the son of Sidney Poitier
(c) He told them about Catcher in the Rye
(d) He made them dinner
10. How were Dr. Fine's parents killed?
(a) In the Holocaust
(b) In a plane crash
(c) In a house fire
(d) In a mugging
11. At the end of his monologue about thie imagination in this section, Paul says that it is not what?
(a) A danger
(b) A commodity
(c) An escape
(d) A dream
12. In the second excerpt from This Life that the parents read, what does Poitier warn his readers against doing regarding their children?
(a) Smothering them
(b) Ignoring them
(c) Condescending them
(d) Protecting them
13. Which family is the first that Paul asks Trent about in this section?
14. In this section Paul admits that his Salinger speech was lifted from a commencement address at what college?
(c) University of Pennsylvania
15. Who else's death do Larkin and Kitty witness the week they see Rick's?
(b) A homeless man's
(c) A cab driver's
(d) Larkin's mother's
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the assembled children in this section takes exception for what he perceives as an unspoken accusation of drug use?
2. Which of the following items is not among those Paul stole from Trent when he left?
3. Which notorious public figure does Tess invoke to describe what her parents are asking her to do?
4. What book have Ouisa and Paul both read?
5. What does Tess suggest her mother should have done with Paul?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)