|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spits on Flan at the end of this section?
(a) His doorman
(b) The hustler
(c) A policeman
2. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
(a) Dashiell Hammett
(b) Patricia Highsmith
(c) Raymond Chandler
(d) Agatha Christie
3. Which of the following is not a college that Paul lists Flan's "new" children attending?
4. What is Paul drinking when Dr. Fine confronts him at the brownstone?
5. What does Tess suggest her mother should have done with Paul?
(a) Have him arrested
(b) Slept with him
(c) Adopt him
(d) Never let him in
6. How does Flan characterize himself when explaining his life to Ouisa in this section?
(a) A businessman
(b) A gambler
(c) An artist
(d) A survivor
7. Which of the following is not among the "charges" the Kittredges and Larkin list to the Detective regarding Paul?
(a) He told them about Catcher in the Rye
(b) He sent them flowers
(c) He claimed to be the son of Sidney Poitier
(d) He made them dinner
8. According to Paul in this section, Cezanne tried to find the rules from which art movement?
(c) Abstract expressionism
9. Which family is the first that Paul asks Trent about in this section?
10. Which of Chekhov's three sister's does Elizabeth decide she wants to play first?
(b) She cannot decide
11. Which of the following is not an adjective the children use to describe their parents' request in this section?
12. What painting does Elizabeth suggest Paul tell Flan he has to give him?
(a) Starry Night
(b) The Mona Lisa
(c) The Ambassadors
(d) Sunnday on the Grande Jatte
13. Which actress does Elizabeth fear she resembles too much?
(a) Sophia Loren
(b) Katherine Hepburn
(c) Liv Ullman
(d) Ingrid Bergman
14. Who did Paul claim his prostitute was the night he stayed at Kitty and Larkin's?
(a) A homeless person
(b) A burglar
(c) A friend from school
(d) A delivery boy
15. In this section, Doug tells his father that his mother says sleeping with him was like sleeping with what food?
(a) A pasta dish with too much garlic
(b) A salad with bad dressing
(c) An old bowl of borscht
(d) A rotting fish
Short Answer Questions
1. To what literary character does Ouisa compare Trent Conway in this section?
2. In this section, which parent repeatedly states that they don't want to know what their children are doing?
3. What is the result of the vote taken by the parents to pursue the Paul inquiry?
4. What do Rick and Elizabeth do to make money in New York?
5. Which chic New York eatery does Paul "treat" Rick to in this section?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)