|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the assembled children in this section takes exception for what he perceives as an unspoken accusation of drug use?
2. What news does Tess blurt out to Ouisa in this section?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is gay
(c) She is getting married
(d) She is dropping out of school
3. Which New York periodical publishes the Kittredges' story in this section?
(a) The Times
(b) The Daily News
(c) New York Magazine
(d) The Village Voice
4. What type of specialist is Dr. Fine?
(a) An obstetrician
(b) An osteopath
(c) A podiatrist
(d) A pediatrician
5. How does Ouisa describe Paul's essential quality to her children in this section?
6. How many high school friends does Tess estimate were into drugs, gangs, and homosexuality?
(b) Too many to count
7. Paul tells Ouisa he did not like Kitty and Larkin for what reason?
(a) They talked too much
(b) They were dull
(c) They left him alone
(d) They were too eager to please
8. Which family is the first that Paul asks Trent about in this section?
9. What painting does Elizabeth suggest Paul tell Flan he has to give him?
(a) The Ambassadors
(b) The Mona Lisa
(c) Sunnday on the Grande Jatte
(d) Starry Night
10. Which Greek playwright is Ouisa said to have mockingly mentioned after seeing Cats?
11. What offer does Paul make Ouisa when she is trying to find out where he is?
(a) He will be their house-keeper
(b) He will turn himself in
(c) He will give them back their fifty dollars
(d) He will come over and make dinner
12. In which play by Anton Chekhov does Rick say he wants to be the lead?
(a) Uncle Vanya
(b) The Seagull
(c) The Cherry Orchard
13. At which movie theater does Ouisa say she will meet Paul to take him to the police?
(a) The Union Square
(b) The Kip's Bay
(c) The 42nd Street
(d) The Waverly
14. Which of the following is not among the "charges" the Kittredges and Larkin list to the Detective regarding Paul?
(a) He told them about Catcher in the Rye
(b) He sent them flowers
(c) He made them dinner
(d) He claimed to be the son of Sidney Poitier
15. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
(a) Agatha Christie
(b) Dashiell Hammett
(c) Patricia Highsmith
(d) Raymond Chandler
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Kitty not spoken to her children when she tells Ouisa and Flan their story?
2. At the end of his monologue about thie imagination in this section, Paul says that it is not what?
3. Which of Chekhov's three sister's does Elizabeth decide she wants to play first?
4. What state are Flan and Ouisa from originally?
5. What do Rick and Elizabeth do to make money in New York?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)