|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Dr. Fine's parents killed?
(a) In the Holocaust
(b) In a house fire
(c) In a mugging
(d) In a plane crash
2. In this section, which parent repeatedly states that they don't want to know what their children are doing?
(c) Dr. Fine
3. Which notorious public figure does Tess invoke to describe what her parents are asking her to do?
4. How much money did Kitty give Paul?
5. From what state have Rick and Elizabeth recently moved?
6. How does Ouisa describe Paul's essential quality to her children in this section?
7. Which of the following options is not one suggested in this section for tracking down Sidney Poitier?
(a) Who's Who
(b) Celebrity Service
(c) A library
8. Which of the following is not among the "charges" the Kittredges and Larkin list to the Detective regarding Paul?
(a) He claimed to be the son of Sidney Poitier
(b) He made them dinner
(c) He told them about Catcher in the Rye
(d) He sent them flowers
9. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
(a) Patricia Highsmith
(b) Agatha Christie
(c) Dashiell Hammett
(d) Raymond Chandler
10. How do the Kittredges know the Larkin and Kitty?
(a) One of Flan's former partners
(b) Their sons
(d) Their daughter
11. Where does the doorman say Flan's illegitimate son is living?
(a) The street
(b) Central Park
(d) The YMCA
12. What arrives with the flowers that Paul sends the Kittredges?
(a) A pot of jam
(b) A bottle of champagne
(c) An art print
(d) A cheese basket
13. Who did Paul claim his prostitute was the night he stayed at Kitty and Larkin's?
(a) A burglar
(b) A homeless person
(c) A delivery boy
(d) A friend from school
14. What do Flan and Ouisa ask Tess not to tell her sister at Groton?
(a) The hustler was in her bed
(b) Paul used her toothbrush
(c) They will not be coming to her graduation
(d) They sold her favorite antique doll
15. What painting does Elizabeth suggest Paul tell Flan he has to give him?
(a) The Mona Lisa
(b) Starry Night
(c) Sunnday on the Grande Jatte
(d) The Ambassadors
Short Answer Questions
1. What word's pronunciation is Trent trying to correct when he and Paul appear onstage?
2. To what literary character does Ouisa compare Trent Conway in this section?
3. In which play by Anton Chekhov does Rick say he wants to be the lead?
4. Which actress does Elizabeth fear she resembles too much?
5. At the end of his monologue about thie imagination in this section, Paul says that it is not what?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)