|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key information about Paul does Ouisa not have in her search for him?
(a) His name
(b) His charges
(c) His age
(d) His arresting officer
2. Who is the publish of Poitier's autobiography This Life?
(a) Schuster and Schuster
(d) Random House
3. Which artist's work is bidding on at Sotheby's in this section?
4. How does Flan characterize himself when explaining his life to Ouisa in this section?
(a) A gambler
(b) A survivor
(c) A businessman
(d) An artist
5. Which of the following is not an adjective the children use to describe their parents' request in this section?
6. Which Greek playwright is Ouisa said to have mockingly mentioned after seeing Cats?
7. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
(a) Patricia Highsmith
(b) Dashiell Hammett
(c) Agatha Christie
(d) Raymond Chandler
8. What is Paul drinking when Dr. Fine confronts him at the brownstone?
9. According to Woody in this section, his parents bough him the pink shirt when he outgrew his other shirts because of what?
10. How does Flan characterize the request he makes his children in this section?
(a) Homework assignment
(b) Detective search
(c) Scavenger hunt
(d) Special project
11. What type of law does Kitty's "friend" practice?
(a) Patent law
(b) Divorce law
(c) Theatrical law
(d) Maritime law
12. What do Flan and Ouisa ask Tess not to tell her sister at Groton?
(a) Paul used her toothbrush
(b) The hustler was in her bed
(c) They sold her favorite antique doll
(d) They will not be coming to her graduation
13. Which of the following terms is not something that Dr. Fine accuses Paul of being?
(a) A crack addict
(b) An imposter
(c) A thief
(d) A fraud
14. What information does the Detective bring to Flan and Ouisa in this section?
(a) Sidney Poitier has called him
(b) Elizabeth will press charges
(c) Paul has been captured
(d) He is transferring off the case
15. Which New York periodical publishes the Kittredges' story in this section?
(a) The Village Voice
(b) New York Magazine
(c) The Daily News
(d) The Times
Short Answer Questions
1. What state are Flan and Ouisa from originally?
2. Which of the following options is not one suggested in this section for tracking down Sidney Poitier?
3. Which family is the first that Paul asks Trent about in this section?
4. In this section Paul admits that his Salinger speech was lifted from a commencement address at what college?
5. How much money did Kitty give Paul?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)