|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else's death do Larkin and Kitty witness the week they see Rick's?
(b) A homeless man's
(c) A cab driver's
(d) Larkin's mother's
2. Who does the operator at the Sherry assume Ouisa is when she calls?
(a) A journalist
(b) Another hotel
(c) A director
(d) A fan
3. In which play by Anton Chekhov does Rick say he wants to be the lead?
(a) The Seagull
(c) The Cherry Orchard
(d) Uncle Vanya
4. What word's pronunciation is Trent trying to correct when he and Paul appear onstage?
5. Which Massachusetts college does Trent Conway attend?
(c) Boston University
(d) Holy Cross
6. Near the end of the play, Ouisa that she has plenty of color in her life, but none of this?
7. What news does Tess blurt out to Ouisa in this section?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is gay
(c) She is getting married
(d) She is dropping out of school
8. What type of specialist is Dr. Fine?
(a) A podiatrist
(b) An obstetrician
(c) An osteopath
(d) A pediatrician
9. How does Trent ironically describe his rich friends to Paul?
(a) Desperate and longing
(b) Hand to mouth
(c) A lost generation
(d) Hopelessly romantic
10. Which of the following is not a course that Flan lists as necessary to becoming a high-end art dealer?
(a) Art history
(b) European history
11. According to Woody in this section, his parents bough him the pink shirt when he outgrew his other shirts because of what?
12. What does Paul say he wants from the Kittredges in this section?
13. Which of Chekhov's three sister's does Elizabeth decide she wants to play first?
(b) She cannot decide
14. How does Flan characterize himself when explaining his life to Ouisa in this section?
(a) A survivor
(b) A businessman
(c) A gambler
(d) An artist
15. According to Donald Barthelme, what is the art form of the twentieth century?
(b) Abstract expressionism
(c) Found object
Short Answer Questions
1. To what literary character does Ouisa compare Trent Conway in this section?
2. Which actress does Elizabeth fear she resembles too much?
3. At the end of his monologue about thie imagination in this section, Paul says that it is not what?
4. To what country does Tess say she wants to travel in this section?
5. How does Paul describe the imagination in this section?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)