Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what literary character does Ouisa compare Trent Conway in this section?
(b) Madame Bovary
(d) Henry Higgins
2. How does Trent ironically describe his rich friends to Paul?
(a) Hand to mouth
(b) Desperate and longing
(c) Hopelessly romantic
(d) A lost generation
3. What adjective do Flan and Paul repeatedly use to describe the dull part of art dealing?
4. According to Donald Barthelme, what is the art form of the twentieth century?
(b) Found object
(d) Abstract expressionism
5. What does Tess suggest her mother should have done with Paul?
(a) Adopt him
(b) Slept with him
(c) Never let him in
(d) Have him arrested
6. Which chic New York eatery does Paul "treat" Rick to in this section?
(a) Tavern on the Green
(b) Le Cirque
(c) The Four Seasons
(d) The Rainbow Room
7. What type of specialist is Dr. Fine?
(a) An obstetrician
(b) A pediatrician
(c) An osteopath
(d) A podiatrist
8. What type of law does Kitty's "friend" practice?
(a) Maritime law
(b) Divorce law
(c) Theatrical law
(d) Patent law
9. Who does the operator at the Sherry assume Ouisa is when she calls?
(a) A director
(b) A fan
(c) Another hotel
(d) A journalist
10. How do the Kittredges know the Larkin and Kitty?
(b) One of Flan's former partners
(c) Their sons
(d) Their daughter
11. What book have Ouisa and Paul both read?
(a) The new book on Cezanne
(b) The Agony and the Ecstacy
(c) The Andy Warhol Diaries
(d) The Gilded Gutter of Francis Bacon
12. To what country does Tess say she wants to travel in this section?
13. Which of Chekhov's three sister's does Elizabeth decide she wants to play first?
(d) She cannot decide
14. Which Massachusetts college does Trent Conway attend?
(a) Boston University
(c) Holy Cross
15. Where does Doug go to school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is not something Paul asks Ouisa to send him in prison?
2. Which of the assembled children in this section takes exception for what he perceives as an unspoken accusation of drug use?
3. Which of the following is not among the "charges" the Kittredges and Larkin list to the Detective regarding Paul?
4. Which artist's work is bidding on at Sotheby's in this section?
5. Where does the doorman say Flan's illegitimate son is living?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)