|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the publish of Poitier's autobiography This Life?
(b) Schuster and Schuster
(c) Random House
2. At the end of their first meeting with their children, Flan protests to Tess that she is not a part of a conspiracy but what?
(a) A relationship
(b) A secret
(c) An understanding
(d) A family
3. Which of the following items is not something Paul asks Ouisa to send him in prison?
4. Which notorious public figure does Tess invoke to describe what her parents are asking her to do?
5. Through what letter of Trent's address book does Paul get before leaving him?
6. What offer does Paul make Ouisa when she is trying to find out where he is?
(a) He will come over and make dinner
(b) He will give them back their fifty dollars
(c) He will be their house-keeper
(d) He will turn himself in
7. How do the Kittredges know the Larkin and Kitty?
(b) One of Flan's former partners
(c) Their daughter
(d) Their sons
8. To what country does Tess say she wants to travel in this section?
9. Who spits on Flan at the end of this section?
(b) His doorman
(c) The hustler
(d) A policeman
10. Near the end of the play, Ouisa that she has plenty of color in her life, but none of this?
11. Which Massachusetts college does Trent Conway attend?
(a) Boston University
(b) Holy Cross
12. How much money did Kitty give Paul?
13. Which actress does Elizabeth fear she resembles too much?
(a) Sophia Loren
(b) Ingrid Bergman
(c) Liv Ullman
(d) Katherine Hepburn
14. In this section, which parent repeatedly states that they don't want to know what their children are doing?
(c) Dr. Fine
15. Paul tells Ouisa he did not like Kitty and Larkin for what reason?
(a) They were too eager to please
(b) They talked too much
(c) They were dull
(d) They left him alone
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rick and Elizabeth do to make money in New York?
2. What does Tess suggest her mother should have done with Paul?
3. What do Flan and Ouisa ask Tess not to tell her sister at Groton?
4. According to Kitty what famous starlet used the alias Harriet Brown at hotels?
5. Which of the following is not a type of jam Trent recommends one send to rich people?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)