|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Kitty not spoken to her children when she tells Ouisa and Flan their story?
(a) They have been in the Hamptons all weekend
(b) Their children are abroad
(c) Their children refuse to speak with them
(d) They cannot get a call through
2. Paul tells Ouisa he did not like Kitty and Larkin for what reason?
(a) They were dull
(b) They talked too much
(c) They left him alone
(d) They were too eager to please
3. Which artist's work is bidding on at Sotheby's in this section?
4. What do Flan and Ouisa ask Tess not to tell her sister at Groton?
(a) The hustler was in her bed
(b) Paul used her toothbrush
(c) They will not be coming to her graduation
(d) They sold her favorite antique doll
5. Who did Paul claim his prostitute was the night he stayed at Kitty and Larkin's?
(a) A delivery boy
(b) A homeless person
(c) A friend from school
(d) A burglar
6. Elizabeth and Rick say they live above New York's last what?
(a) Billiard club
(b) Roller disco
(c) Swing club
(d) Cigar bar
7. Where does the doorman say Flan's illegitimate son is living?
(b) The YMCA
(c) Central Park
(d) The street
8. According to Kitty what famous starlet used the alias Harriet Brown at hotels?
(a) Mae West
(b) Greta Garbo
(c) Vivien Leigh
(d) Audrey Hepburn
9. At the end of his monologue about thie imagination in this section, Paul says that it is not what?
(a) A commodity
(b) An escape
(c) A dream
(d) A danger
10. What is Sidney Poitier's first wife's name?
11. Which Greek playwright is Ouisa said to have mockingly mentioned after seeing Cats?
12. What does Tess suggest her mother should have done with Paul?
(a) Slept with him
(b) Adopt him
(c) Have him arrested
(d) Never let him in
13. Who does the operator at the Sherry assume Ouisa is when she calls?
(a) A journalist
(b) A fan
(c) Another hotel
(d) A director
14. What do Rick and Elizabeth do to make money in New York?
(a) Busk in the subway
(b) Wait tables
(c) Turn tricks
(d) Temp in offices
15. How many high school friends does Tess estimate were into drugs, gangs, and homosexuality?
(c) Too many to count
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Woody in this section, his parents bough him the pink shirt when he outgrew his other shirts because of what?
2. To what object from the play does Paul make reference in the final moment?
3. What state are Flan and Ouisa from originally?
4. How do the Kittredges know the Larkin and Kitty?
5. What book have Ouisa and Paul both read?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)