|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Doug go to school?
2. What word's pronunciation is Trent trying to correct when he and Paul appear onstage?
3. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
(a) Raymond Chandler
(b) Agatha Christie
(c) Dashiell Hammett
(d) Patricia Highsmith
4. How much money did Kitty give Paul?
5. Which of the assembled children in this section takes exception for what he perceives as an unspoken accusation of drug use?
6. What information does the Detective bring to Flan and Ouisa in this section?
(a) He is transferring off the case
(b) Paul has been captured
(c) Elizabeth will press charges
(d) Sidney Poitier has called him
7. Which family is the first that Paul asks Trent about in this section?
8. What do Flan and Ouisa ask Tess not to tell her sister at Groton?
(a) They will not be coming to her graduation
(b) Paul used her toothbrush
(c) The hustler was in her bed
(d) They sold her favorite antique doll
9. On what holiday do Larkin and Kitty witness Rick's suicide?
(a) New Years Eve
(b) Valentine's Day
(c) Labor Day
10. According to Paul in this section, Cezanne tried to find the rules from which art movement?
(d) Abstract expressionism
11. Near the end of the play, Ouisa that she has plenty of color in her life, but none of this?
12. Which actress does Elizabeth fear she resembles too much?
(a) Liv Ullman
(b) Sophia Loren
(c) Ingrid Bergman
(d) Katherine Hepburn
13. How did Dr. Fine get a good deal on his brownstone?
(a) He took over a rent-controlled lease in the sly
(b) He bought it in the recession of the late 70's
(c) His brother is a realter
(d) There was a murder in it
14. How many high school friends does Tess estimate were into drugs, gangs, and homosexuality?
(c) Too many to count
15. Which of the following items is not something Paul asks Ouisa to send him in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which play by Anton Chekhov does Rick say he wants to be the lead?
2. How does Trent ironically describe his rich friends to Paul?
3. To what literary character does Ouisa compare Trent Conway in this section?
4. Where does the doorman say Flan's illegitimate son is living?
5. What is Sidney Poitier's first wife's name?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)