|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ouisa describe Paul's essential quality to her children in this section?
2. How does Trent ironically describe his rich friends to Paul?
(a) Hopelessly romantic
(b) Hand to mouth
(c) Desperate and longing
(d) A lost generation
3. At the end of his monologue about thie imagination in this section, Paul says that it is not what?
(a) A commodity
(b) A dream
(c) An escape
(d) A danger
4. Where does Paul proposition Rick for sex?
(a) At Rick's apartment
(b) In a carriage
(c) On the subway
(d) At the resturant
5. Which of the following children does not come down from Harvard in this section?
6. According to Kitty what famous starlet used the alias Harriet Brown at hotels?
(a) Greta Garbo
(b) Mae West
(c) Audrey Hepburn
(d) Vivien Leigh
7. In this section, which parent repeatedly states that they don't want to know what their children are doing?
(b) Dr. Fine
8. Which of the following options is not one suggested in this section for tracking down Sidney Poitier?
(a) Celebrity Service
(b) Who's Who
(d) A library
9. How does Flan characterize the request he makes his children in this section?
(a) Homework assignment
(b) Special project
(c) Detective search
(d) Scavenger hunt
10. What arrives with the flowers that Paul sends the Kittredges?
(a) A cheese basket
(b) An art print
(c) A bottle of champagne
(d) A pot of jam
11. Which of the following is not a course that Flan lists as necessary to becoming a high-end art dealer?
(a) European history
(c) Art history
12. Which artist's work is bidding on at Sotheby's in this section?
13. In this section Paul admits that his Salinger speech was lifted from a commencement address at what college?
(b) University of Pennsylvania
14. In this section, Doug tells his father that his mother says sleeping with him was like sleeping with what food?
(a) A salad with bad dressing
(b) A pasta dish with too much garlic
(c) A rotting fish
(d) An old bowl of borscht
15. What do Rick and Elizabeth do to make money in New York?
(a) Wait tables
(b) Turn tricks
(c) Busk in the subway
(d) Temp in offices
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country does Tess say she wants to travel in this section?
2. Through what letter of Trent's address book does Paul get before leaving him?
3. What information does the Detective bring to Flan and Ouisa in this section?
4. According to Woody in this section, his parents bough him the pink shirt when he outgrew his other shirts because of what?
5. What news does Tess blurt out to Ouisa in this section?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)