|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kitty what famous starlet used the alias Harriet Brown at hotels?
(a) Mae West
(b) Greta Garbo
(c) Audrey Hepburn
(d) Vivien Leigh
2. According to Donald Barthelme, what is the art form of the twentieth century?
(c) Found object
(d) Abstract expressionism
3. Which actress does Elizabeth fear she resembles too much?
(a) Sophia Loren
(b) Katherine Hepburn
(c) Ingrid Bergman
(d) Liv Ullman
4. Who did Paul claim his prostitute was the night he stayed at Kitty and Larkin's?
(a) A friend from school
(b) A burglar
(c) A delivery boy
(d) A homeless person
5. What painting does Elizabeth suggest Paul tell Flan he has to give him?
(a) The Mona Lisa
(b) Starry Night
(c) Sunnday on the Grande Jatte
(d) The Ambassadors
6. Who spits on Flan at the end of this section?
(a) The hustler
(b) His doorman
(c) A policeman
7. Who does the operator at the Sherry assume Ouisa is when she calls?
(a) A fan
(b) A director
(c) A journalist
(d) Another hotel
8. Which New York periodical publishes the Kittredges' story in this section?
(a) The Times
(b) New York Magazine
(c) The Daily News
(d) The Village Voice
9. What do Rick and Elizabeth do to make money in New York?
(a) Wait tables
(b) Busk in the subway
(c) Turn tricks
(d) Temp in offices
10. At the end of their first meeting with their children, Flan protests to Tess that she is not a part of a conspiracy but what?
(a) A secret
(b) A family
(c) A relationship
(d) An understanding
11. Which artist's work is bidding on at Sotheby's in this section?
12. According to Woody in this section, his parents bough him the pink shirt when he outgrew his other shirts because of what?
13. How many high school friends does Tess estimate were into drugs, gangs, and homosexuality?
(b) Too many to count
14. What nationality of clients does Ouisa mistakenly she and Flan are schmoozing before Sotheby's?
15. Which of the following is not an adjective the children use to describe their parents' request in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. At which movie theater does Ouisa say she will meet Paul to take him to the police?
2. Which of Chekhov's three sister's does Elizabeth decide she wants to play first?
3. What type of specialist is Dr. Fine?
4. Which of the following options is not one suggested in this section for tracking down Sidney Poitier?
5. According to Paul in this section, Cezanne tried to find the rules from which art movement?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)