|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flan characterize the request he makes his children in this section?
(a) Homework assignment
(b) Detective search
(c) Scavenger hunt
(d) Special project
2. What does Tess suggest her mother should have done with Paul?
(a) Slept with him
(b) Never let him in
(c) Adopt him
(d) Have him arrested
3. In the second excerpt from This Life that the parents read, what does Poitier warn his readers against doing regarding their children?
(a) Protecting them
(b) Smothering them
(c) Condescending them
(d) Ignoring them
4. Which actress does Elizabeth fear she resembles too much?
(a) Katherine Hepburn
(b) Ingrid Bergman
(c) Liv Ullman
(d) Sophia Loren
5. What do Flan and Ouisa ask Tess not to tell her sister at Groton?
(a) Paul used her toothbrush
(b) They sold her favorite antique doll
(c) The hustler was in her bed
(d) They will not be coming to her graduation
6. Who is the publish of Poitier's autobiography This Life?
(b) Random House
(c) Schuster and Schuster
7. Where does Paul proposition Rick for sex?
(a) On the subway
(b) At the resturant
(c) At Rick's apartment
(d) In a carriage
8. According to Kitty what famous starlet used the alias Harriet Brown at hotels?
(a) Audrey Hepburn
(b) Mae West
(c) Vivien Leigh
(d) Greta Garbo
9. In this section, which parent repeatedly states that they don't want to know what their children are doing?
(b) Dr. Fine
10. Which notorious public figure does Tess invoke to describe what her parents are asking her to do?
11. What is Paul drinking when Dr. Fine confronts him at the brownstone?
12. What mystery writer does Flan invoke as the parents try to figure out what they have in common?
(a) Patricia Highsmith
(b) Raymond Chandler
(c) Dashiell Hammett
(d) Agatha Christie
13. In what state does Paul tell Rick and Elizabeth he sill finally reunite with his father?
14. What is Sidney Poitier's first wife's name?
15. What book have Ouisa and Paul both read?
(a) The Andy Warhol Diaries
(b) The Agony and the Ecstacy
(c) The Gilded Gutter of Francis Bacon
(d) The new book on Cezanne
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Paul request from Rick and Elizabeth?
2. What news does Tess blurt out to Ouisa in this section?
3. Which of the following is not a college that Paul lists Flan's "new" children attending?
4. Where does the doorman say Flan's illegitimate son is living?
5. Who does the operator at the Sherry assume Ouisa is when she calls?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)