|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the operator at the Sherry assume Ouisa is when she calls?
(a) A director
(b) Another hotel
(c) A fan
(d) A journalist
2. At which movie theater does Ouisa say she will meet Paul to take him to the police?
(a) The Kip's Bay
(b) The 42nd Street
(c) The Waverly
(d) The Union Square
3. How were Dr. Fine's parents killed?
(a) In a mugging
(b) In the Holocaust
(c) In a plane crash
(d) In a house fire
4. Which of the following is not an adjective the children use to describe their parents' request in this section?
5. What offer does Paul make Ouisa when she is trying to find out where he is?
(a) He will turn himself in
(b) He will come over and make dinner
(c) He will give them back their fifty dollars
(d) He will be their house-keeper
6. In this section, Doug tells his father that his mother says sleeping with him was like sleeping with what food?
(a) A rotting fish
(b) A pasta dish with too much garlic
(c) An old bowl of borscht
(d) A salad with bad dressing
7. In this section, which parent repeatedly states that they don't want to know what their children are doing?
(c) Dr. Fine
8. According to Paul in this section, Cezanne tried to find the rules from which art movement?
(b) Abstract expressionism
9. Which of the following is not a college that Paul lists Flan's "new" children attending?
10. Which of the following items is not among those Paul stole from Trent when he left?
(a) His sport jacket
(b) His watch
(c) His printer
(d) His skis
11. What news does Tess blurt out to Ouisa in this section?
(a) She is getting married
(b) She is dropping out of school
(c) She is pregnant
(d) She is gay
12. Which of the following options is not one suggested in this section for tracking down Sidney Poitier?
(a) Celebrity Service
(c) Who's Who
(d) A library
13. Who is the publish of Poitier's autobiography This Life?
(a) Random House
(d) Schuster and Schuster
14. What book have Ouisa and Paul both read?
(a) The new book on Cezanne
(b) The Agony and the Ecstacy
(c) The Gilded Gutter of Francis Bacon
(d) The Andy Warhol Diaries
15. What do Rick and Elizabeth do to make money in New York?
(a) Wait tables
(b) Temp in offices
(c) Turn tricks
(d) Busk in the subway
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a course that Flan lists as necessary to becoming a high-end art dealer?
2. Near the end of the play, Ouisa that she has plenty of color in her life, but none of this?
3. Which of the following is not a type of jam Trent recommends one send to rich people?
4. What does Tess suggest her mother should have done with Paul?
5. To what object from the play does Paul make reference in the final moment?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)