|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rick and Elizabeth do to make money in New York?
(a) Turn tricks
(b) Temp in offices
(c) Busk in the subway
(d) Wait tables
2. Which of the assembled children in this section takes exception for what he perceives as an unspoken accusation of drug use?
3. Through what letter of Trent's address book does Paul get before leaving him?
4. In this section, Doug tells his father that his mother says sleeping with him was like sleeping with what food?
(a) A rotting fish
(b) A pasta dish with too much garlic
(c) An old bowl of borscht
(d) A salad with bad dressing
5. Near the end of the play, Ouisa that she has plenty of color in her life, but none of this?
6. In this section Paul admits that his Salinger speech was lifted from a commencement address at what college?
(d) University of Pennsylvania
7. How does Ouisa describe Paul's essential quality to her children in this section?
8. How much money does Paul request from Rick and Elizabeth?
9. What do Flan and Ouisa ask Tess not to tell her sister at Groton?
(a) The hustler was in her bed
(b) Paul used her toothbrush
(c) They will not be coming to her graduation
(d) They sold her favorite antique doll
10. How does Flan characterize the request he makes his children in this section?
(a) Detective search
(b) Homework assignment
(c) Special project
(d) Scavenger hunt
11. Which family is the first that Paul asks Trent about in this section?
12. Which of the following items is not something Paul asks Ouisa to send him in prison?
13. What offer does Paul make Ouisa when she is trying to find out where he is?
(a) He will give them back their fifty dollars
(b) He will come over and make dinner
(c) He will be their house-keeper
(d) He will turn himself in
14. How does Trent ironically describe his rich friends to Paul?
(a) Hopelessly romantic
(b) Hand to mouth
(c) Desperate and longing
(d) A lost generation
15. What type of law does Kitty's "friend" practice?
(a) Theatrical law
(b) Divorce law
(c) Patent law
(d) Maritime law
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a type of jam Trent recommends one send to rich people?
2. What arrives with the flowers that Paul sends the Kittredges?
3. In which play by Anton Chekhov does Rick say he wants to be the lead?
4. On what holiday do Larkin and Kitty witness Rick's suicide?
5. What state are Flan and Ouisa from originally?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)