|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Ouisa wake up the night after the dinner with Paul?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
2. What school does the Kittredges' daughter attend?
3. Which hotel is Poitier checking into in the morning, according to Paul?
(a) The Gramercy Park
(b) The Waldorf-Astoria
(c) The Sherry
(d) The Bowery
4. Paul is looking at a statue of what in Central Park when he is mugged?
(a) An angel
(b) A husky
(d) A priest
5. What does Geoffrey say amazes him about New York in his first line?
(a) The quiet
(b) The opulence
(c) The restaurants
(d) The technology
6. According to Flan in this section, Geoffrey has recently sold a print by what modern artist?
(b) De Kooning
7. Who does Paul jokingly say he will test on Catcher in the Rye?
(d) His advisor
8. Where does Ouisa speak to to Sidney Poitier in her dream?
(a) His Hollywood house
(b) Her bed
(c) Central Park
(d) The living room
9. At the end of this section, who does Flan think Ouisa will say is God's name?
10. How much money does the Dean and Deluca customer leave for his purchase in Flan and Ouisa's story?
11. What movie does Paul mention won Sidney Poitier his only Oscar?
(a) Guess Who's COming to Dinner
(b) To Sir With Love
(c) In the Heat of the Night
(d) Lillies of the Field
12. Where in New York did the schoolteacher who is the initial subject of Paul's thesis work?
(a) Staten Island
(d) Long Island
13. In what city were the Kittredges living when they met Geoffrey?
(c) New York
14. What does Paul's thesis conclude is "God's gift" to us (34)?
(b) Other people
(c) Free Choice
15. What career did Flan used to hold?
(b) Investment banker
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flan stop Geoffrey from calling in this section?
2. As Ouisa considers the idea of being murdered in her sleep, what does she wonder aloud?
3. At what time does Paul say he has to meet his father?
4. When does the Kittredge's housekeeper come in?
5. Which of the following prominent New York families is not one that Paul mentions considering before deciding to come to the Kittredges?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)