|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following prominent New York families is not one that Paul mentions considering before deciding to come to the Kittredges?
(a) The Auchinslosses
(b) The Babcocks
(c) The Helmsleys
(d) The Onassises
2. What is Geoffrey's wife's name?
3. Why does Flan need to call his lawyer at the end of this section?
(a) To inquire after Paul's identity
(b) To deal with the South African banks
(c) To arbitrate the purchase of the Cezanne
(d) To assess damage done to the condo
4. As Ouisa considers the idea of being murdered in her sleep, what does she wonder aloud?
(a) Would she wake up
(b) Who would find her
(c) Would it hurt
(d) Would she go to heaven
5. Who is not onstage in the last moments of this section?
6. What movie does Paul mention won Sidney Poitier his only Oscar?
(a) Guess Who's COming to Dinner
(b) To Sir With Love
(c) Lillies of the Field
(d) In the Heat of the Night
7. According to Flan in this section, Geoffrey has recently sold a print by what modern artist?
(d) De Kooning
8. Which of the following is not a black celebrity that Geoffrey thinks could take part in his film festival?
(a) Bill Cosby
(b) Eddie Murphy
(c) Richard Pryor
(d) Diana Ross
9. When does the Kittredge's housekeeper come in?
10. To what object does Ouisa compare Geoffrey's money in this section?
(a) A beacon
(b) A lawnmower
(c) A lifeboat
(d) A mustang
11. In what country are the coal miners whom Gorbachev is cheering, according to Ouisa?
12. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
(a) Grand Central Station
(b) The Flatiron Building
(c) The Chrysler Building
(d) Madison Square Garden
13. Who do Ouisa and Flan address in the first half of this section?
(b) The audience
(c) Each other
14. In the hypothetical script Paul describes his father receiving, what is Poitier's character's profession?
(d) School teacher
15. What does Flan demand of Paul in the scene with the Hustler?
(a) His fifty dollars back
(b) That he get out of the condo
(c) An explanation for the naked man
(d) The truth about his identity
Short Answer Questions
1. As Flan describes his dream, he says that he does not treat his painting like what?
2. What does the New York Times send contributors of the anecdotes Flan and Ouisa mention at the end of this section?
3. Who calls the Kittredges soon after Paul leaves?
4. In what city were the Kittredges living when they met Geoffrey?
5. When Paul enters the scene, where does he announce that he attends school with the Kittredges' daughter?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)