|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what artist's work does Flan compare his children's paintings in the second grade?
2. Where in New York did the schoolteacher who is the initial subject of Paul's thesis work?
(a) Staten Island
(b) Long Island
3. A painting by what artist hangs above the stage during the play?
(a) de Kooning
4. What percentage commission does Ouisa theorize Flan is giving Paul?
(a) One millionth of a percent
(b) One trillionth of a percent
(c) One thousandth of a percent
(d) One billionth of a percent
5. Which of the following would-be presidential assassins is mentioned in Paul's thesis?
6. How long is the hall in the Kittredge house?
(a) 6 feet
(b) They do not have hall
(c) 30 feet
(d) 18 feet
7. What career did Flan used to hold?
(b) Investment banker
8. In the excerpt from Catcher in the Rye that Paul recites, Holden would rather chop off a man's head than what?
(a) Die himself
(b) Shake his hand
(c) Pretend to be his friend
(d) Fist-fight him
9. At the end of this section, Ouisa tells Flan that God's name is what?
10. In this section, Flan repeated mentions not wanting to be accused of what?
11. What denigrating term does Flan use repeated in reference to the Hustler?
12. What twentieth century play does Paul quote in his thesis?
(a) Caucasian Chalk Circle
(b) House of Blue Leaves
(c) Waiting for Godot
(d) All My Sons
13. Which of the following prominent New York families is not one that Paul mentions considering before deciding to come to the Kittredges?
(a) The Auchinslosses
(b) The Helmsleys
(c) The Onassises
(d) The Babcocks
14. In what country are the coal miners whom Gorbachev is cheering, according to Ouisa?
15. In this section, how much of an overcall does Geoffrey tell Flan he is willing to pay for the Cezanne?
Short Answer Questions
1. Flan is shocked that his son lets Paul call him what?
2. What is the last thing the Hustler says before leaving the condo?
3. In what city were the Kittredges living when they met Geoffrey?
4. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
5. At the beginning of this section, Flan describes a painting by what artist?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)