|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of this section, Flan compares not thinking about two million dollars to trying not to think of what animal?
(a) A cow
(b) An elephant
(c) An ostrich
(d) A cat
2. Where in New York did the schoolteacher who is the initial subject of Paul's thesis work?
(c) Staten Island
(d) Long Island
3. What Christian prayer do Flan and Ouisa recite at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Our Father
(b) The Nicean Creed
(c) Hail Mary
(d) Now I lay me down to sleep...
4. Where do the prospective buyers for Flan's Cezanne live?
(c) Hong Kong
5. At the end of this section, Ouisa tells Flan that God's name is what?
6. What school does the Kittredges' daughter attend?
7. At what time does Ouisa wake up the night after the dinner with Paul?
(a) 8 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
8. How does the Hunan Wok misspell its sign?
(a) Hunan Work
(b) Human Wok
(c) Human Work
(d) Nunan Wok
9. What is the first item in the room that Flan checks in Act 1?
(a) The watercolor of the dog
(b) The two-sided painting
(c) The first edition Dickens
(d) The Victorian inkwell
10. What does Geoffrey say amazes him about New York in his first line?
(a) The restaurants
(b) The opulence
(c) The technology
(d) The quiet
11. Where on his body has Paul been stabbed when he enters the Kittredges'?
(a) His hand
(b) His neck
(c) His arm
(d) His stomach
12. What did Paul's muggers take from him in addition to his wallet?
(a) His class ring
(b) His keys
(c) His suitcase
(d) His sport coat
13. What ancient food item does Ouisa say is in the freezer when Paul offers to make dinner?
(d) Ice Cream
14. What taciturn promise does Paul make the Kittredges and Geoffrey before the latter leaves?
(a) They can have dinner with his father
(b) They can be in Cats
(c) He will pay them back for the shirt
(d) He will cook for them again sometime
15. Who does Flan stop Geoffrey from calling in this section?
(a) Sidney Poitier
(c) Geoffrey's wife
(d) The Japanese
Short Answer Questions
1. To what mythological figure does Ouisa compare Geoffrey when she describes him?
2. In what city was Sidney Poitier born?
3. In what country are the coal miners whom Gorbachev is cheering, according to Ouisa?
4. What event do the Kittredges have to attend in the morning?
5. A painting by what artist hangs above the stage during the play?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)