|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the excerpt from Catcher in the Rye that Paul recites, Holden would rather chop off a man's head than what?
(a) Die himself
(b) Fist-fight him
(c) Pretend to be his friend
(d) Shake his hand
2. How long is the hall in the Kittredge house?
(a) 6 feet
(b) 18 feet
(c) 30 feet
(d) They do not have hall
3. Which of the following prominent New York families is not one that Paul mentions considering before deciding to come to the Kittredges?
(a) The Babcocks
(b) The Auchinslosses
(c) The Helmsleys
(d) The Onassises
4. As Ouisa considers the idea of being murdered in her sleep, what does she wonder aloud?
(a) Would it hurt
(b) Would she go to heaven
(c) Would she wake up
(d) Who would find her
5. To what artist's work does Flan compare his children's paintings in the second grade?
6. What is the second prized item that Flan checks at the top of the play?
(a) The two-sided painting
(b) The Victorian inkwell
(c) The first-edition Dickens
(d) The water color of the dog
7. At the beginning of this section, Flan describes a painting by what artist?
(d) Van Gogh
8. What movie does Paul mention won Sidney Poitier his only Oscar?
(a) Lillies of the Field
(b) In the Heat of the Night
(c) Guess Who's COming to Dinner
(d) To Sir With Love
9. What did Paul's muggers take from him in addition to his wallet?
(a) His sport coat
(b) His class ring
(c) His keys
(d) His suitcase
10. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
(a) Grand Central Station
(b) Madison Square Garden
(c) The Chrysler Building
(d) The Flatiron Building
11. What French film does Flan reference while mocking Ouisa about South Africa in this section?
(a) Pepe Le Moko
(b) Rules of the Game
(c) Grand Illusion
(d) Battle of Algiers
12. Where do the prospective buyers for Flan's Cezanne live?
(b) Hong Kong
13. According to the saying Ouisa quotes in this section, what do all artists dream of?
14. What metaphor does Sidney Poitier use to characterize the two American debates on life?
(a) World powers
(b) River banks
(d) Warring bulls
15. What is the only article of clothing the Hustler is wearing when he emerges from Paul's bedroom?
(a) An open robe
(b) A hat
Short Answer Questions
1. What taciturn promise does Paul make the Kittredges and Geoffrey before the latter leaves?
2. What does Ouisa initially fear the Hustler may have?
3. From what musical is the song that Ouisa wants to sing as she leans against a barricade?
4. Who tells Paul to leave the condo in this section?
5. What film option does Flan think may be a nice alternative for Paul's father's movie?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)