|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls the Kittredges soon after Paul leaves?
(a) The Japanese buyers
(b) Their daughter
2. Who tells Paul to leave the condo in this section?
(a) The Hustler
(b) No one
3. In the hypothetical script Paul describes his father receiving, what is Poitier's character's profession?
(b) School teacher
4. What is the second prized item that Flan checks at the top of the play?
(a) The first-edition Dickens
(b) The water color of the dog
(c) The two-sided painting
(d) The Victorian inkwell
5. What movie does Paul mention won Sidney Poitier his only Oscar?
(a) In the Heat of the Night
(b) Lillies of the Field
(c) Guess Who's COming to Dinner
(d) To Sir With Love
6. When Paul enters the scene, where does he announce that he attends school with the Kittredges' daughter?
7. Where on his body has Paul been stabbed when he enters the Kittredges'?
(a) His hand
(b) His arm
(c) His neck
(d) His stomach
8. What Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does Paul announce his father will be adapting for the screen?
(c) Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
(d) Starlight Express
9. What does Ouisa initially fear the Hustler may have?
(b) A knife
(c) A gun
(d) Their silverwear
10. In the excerpt from Catcher in the Rye that Paul recites, Holden would rather chop off a man's head than what?
(a) Pretend to be his friend
(b) Die himself
(c) Fist-fight him
(d) Shake his hand
11. What valuable item has Paul lost in the mugging?
(a) His antique pocketwatch
(b) His shoes
(c) His thesis
(d) His only photo of his mother
12. At what time does Ouisa wake up the night after the dinner with Paul?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 12 p.m.
13. In what country does Paul say he grew up?
14. When does the Kittredge's housekeeper come in?
15. What does Paul's thesis conclude is "God's gift" to us (34)?
(b) Other people
(d) Free Choice
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Flan give Paul for his assistance with Geoffrey?
2. What is Geoffrey's wife's name?
3. Paul is looking at a statue of what in Central Park when he is mugged?
4. What word does Ouisa tell Flan not to use in this section?
5. What career did Flan used to hold?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)