|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metaphor does Sidney Poitier use to characterize the two American debates on life?
(a) River banks
(b) Warring bulls
(d) World powers
2. What Christian prayer do Flan and Ouisa recite at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Now I lay me down to sleep...
(b) Hail Mary
(c) Our Father
(d) The Nicean Creed
3. What is Geoffrey's wife's name?
4. What does Geoffrey say amazes him about New York in his first line?
(a) The quiet
(b) The restaurants
(c) The technology
(d) The opulence
5. What French film does Flan reference while mocking Ouisa about South Africa in this section?
(a) Pepe Le Moko
(b) Battle of Algiers
(c) Rules of the Game
(d) Grand Illusion
6. What does Paul compliment about Geoffrey after the latter comments on dinner?
(a) His etiquette
(b) His buds
(c) His eyes
(d) His nose
7. In what city was Sidney Poitier born?
8. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
(a) The Chrysler Building
(b) Grand Central Station
(c) The Flatiron Building
(d) Madison Square Garden
9. Where in New York did the schoolteacher who is the initial subject of Paul's thesis work?
(b) Staten Island
(d) Long Island
10. What does everyone say about the New York Times crossword puzzle, according to Ouisa?
(a) They do it in ink
(b) The Monday puzzle is two easy
(c) It is a waste of time
(d) They have never finished the Sunday puzzle
11. What request does Paul make of the Kittredges before leaving?
(a) That they lend him more money
(b) That they forgive him
(c) That they forget the whole incident
(d) That they not tell his father
12. What film option does Flan think may be a nice alternative for Paul's father's movie?
(a) Black and white
13. At what time does Paul say he has to meet his father?
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
14. What is the second prized item that Flan checks at the top of the play?
(a) The first-edition Dickens
(b) The two-sided painting
(c) The water color of the dog
(d) The Victorian inkwell
15. What does Flan demand of Paul in the scene with the Hustler?
(a) An explanation for the naked man
(b) That he get out of the condo
(c) His fifty dollars back
(d) The truth about his identity
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does Paul say he grew up?
2. What is the last thing the Hustler says before leaving the condo?
3. In this section, Flan repeated mentions not wanting to be accused of what?
4. What color is the shirt that the Kittredges give to Paul?
5. Which of the following is not a reason Flan lists for his clients wanting to deal with him instead of a gallery?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)