|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does Paul announce his father will be adapting for the screen?
(a) Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
(c) Starlight Express
2. What word does Ouisa tell Flan not to use in this section?
3. What does Ouisa initially fear the Hustler may have?
(b) A knife
(c) A gun
(d) Their silverwear
4. When does the Kittredge's housekeeper come in?
5. Who does Paul jokingly say he will test on Catcher in the Rye?
(b) His advisor
6. What valuable item has Paul lost in the mugging?
(a) His antique pocketwatch
(b) His thesis
(c) His shoes
(d) His only photo of his mother
7. What word does Paul repeat over and over as Ouisa tries to wake him in this section?
8. What Christian prayer do Flan and Ouisa recite at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Hail Mary
(b) The Nicean Creed
(c) Our Father
(d) Now I lay me down to sleep...
9. What does Paul's thesis conclude is "God's gift" to us (34)?
(a) Other people
(d) Free Choice
10. How much money does the Dean and Deluca customer leave for his purchase in Flan and Ouisa's story?
11. In the excerpt from Catcher in the Rye that Paul recites, Holden would rather chop off a man's head than what?
(a) Fist-fight him
(b) Pretend to be his friend
(c) Shake his hand
(d) Die himself
12. According to the saying Ouisa quotes in this section, what do all artists dream of?
13. In this section, Paul mentions attending a film festival with his father in what country?
(c) South Africa
14. Which of the following prominent New York families is not one that Paul mentions considering before deciding to come to the Kittredges?
(a) The Auchinslosses
(b) The Onassises
(c) The Babcocks
(d) The Helmsleys
15. What is the last thing the Hustler says before leaving the condo?
(a) One love
(b) Fuck you
(c) It's been fun
(d) Which way is the nearest subway?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paul enters the scene, where does he announce that he attends school with the Kittredges' daughter?
2. What is Geoffrey's wife's name?
3. Flan is shocked that his son lets Paul call him what?
4. Which of the following fantasy stories is not among the one listed mockingly as "imaginative" in Paul's thesis?
5. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)