|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Christian prayer do Flan and Ouisa recite at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Hail Mary
(b) Now I lay me down to sleep...
(c) The Nicean Creed
(d) Our Father
2. According to the saying Ouisa quotes in this section, what do all artists dream of?
3. Where do the prospective buyers for Flan's Cezanne live?
(d) Hong Kong
4. In what country does Paul say he grew up?
5. What negative world does Ouisa repeat over and over throughout the first couple minutes of the play?
6. At the beginning of Act 1, what aspect of his state of being does Flan repeatedly mention?
(a) He is shaking
(b) He is enraged
(c) He feels like he will throw up
(d) He has a cold sweat
7. At the beginning of this section, Flan describes a painting by what artist?
(d) Van Gogh
8. When Paul enters the scene, where does he announce that he attends school with the Kittredges' daughter?
9. How many workers does Ouisa say Geoffrey has working in one of his mines?
10. Which of the following is not an ingredient listed in the dish Paul prepares?
(b) Sun-dried tomatoes
(c) Tuna Fish
11. In Paul's description of his father, Sidney Poitier claims that growing up his family was so poor they did not even own what?
(b) The IOUs they held
(c) Their shoes
12. What does Flan demand of Paul in the scene with the Hustler?
(a) His fifty dollars back
(b) The truth about his identity
(c) That he get out of the condo
(d) An explanation for the naked man
13. Which of the following fantasy stories is not among the one listed mockingly as "imaginative" in Paul's thesis?
(a) Star Wars
(b) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
(c) Lord of the Rings
(d) Star Trek
14. What twentieth century play does Paul quote in his thesis?
(a) Waiting for Godot
(b) House of Blue Leaves
(c) All My Sons
(d) Caucasian Chalk Circle
15. What percentage commission does Ouisa theorize Flan is giving Paul?
(a) One thousandth of a percent
(b) One millionth of a percent
(c) One trillionth of a percent
(d) One billionth of a percent
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Flan in this section, Geoffrey has recently sold a print by what modern artist?
2. What color is the shirt that the Kittredges give to Paul?
3. Who is not onstage in the last moments of this section?
4. What event do the Kittredges have to attend in the morning?
5. How much money does Flan need to convince Geoffrey to loan him at the beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)