|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters tries to leave in the chaos of applying first aid to Paul?
2. What career did Flan used to hold?
(c) Investment banker
3. How long is the hall in the Kittredge house?
(a) 6 feet
(b) They do not have hall
(c) 30 feet
(d) 18 feet
4. To what artist's work does Flan compare his children's paintings in the second grade?
5. Which of the following is not a black celebrity that Geoffrey thinks could take part in his film festival?
(a) Eddie Murphy
(b) Richard Pryor
(c) Diana Ross
(d) Bill Cosby
6. What does Paul compliment about Geoffrey after the latter comments on dinner?
(a) His nose
(b) His etiquette
(c) His buds
(d) His eyes
7. From what musical is the song that Ouisa wants to sing as she leans against a barricade?
(c) The Fantasticks
(d) The Threepenny Opera
8. What does the New York Times send contributors of the anecdotes Flan and Ouisa mention at the end of this section?
(a) A bottle of champagne
(b) A Times tree ornament
(c) A free subscription
(d) A framed excerpt
9. Where on his body has Paul been stabbed when he enters the Kittredges'?
(a) His stomach
(b) His arm
(c) His neck
(d) His hand
10. In what country does Paul say he grew up?
11. When Flan mentions that Geoffrey is from South Africa, Ouisa needles him for sounding how?
12. What ancient food item does Ouisa say is in the freezer when Paul offers to make dinner?
(d) Ice Cream
13. What denigrating term does Flan use repeated in reference to the Hustler?
14. Which of the following is not an ingredient listed in the dish Paul prepares?
(a) Tuna Fish
(b) Sun-dried tomatoes
15. What is the last thing the Hustler says before leaving the condo?
(a) Fuck you
(b) One love
(c) Which way is the nearest subway?
(d) It's been fun
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country are the coal miners whom Gorbachev is cheering, according to Ouisa?
2. To what object does Ouisa compare Geoffrey's money in this section?
3. What word does Paul repeat over and over as Ouisa tries to wake him in this section?
4. What movie does Paul mention won Sidney Poitier his only Oscar?
5. Who calls the Kittredges soon after Paul leaves?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)