|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city were the Kittredges living when they met Geoffrey?
(a) New York
2. What percentage commission does Ouisa theorize Flan is giving Paul?
(a) One millionth of a percent
(b) One billionth of a percent
(c) One trillionth of a percent
(d) One thousandth of a percent
3. At what time does Ouisa wake up the night after the dinner with Paul?
(a) 12 p.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
4. How long is the hall in the Kittredge house?
(a) They do not have hall
(b) 18 feet
(c) 30 feet
(d) 6 feet
5. In the hypothetical script Paul describes his father receiving, what is Poitier's character's profession?
(c) School teacher
6. In Paul's description of his father, Sidney Poitier claims that growing up his family was so poor they did not even own what?
(a) Their shoes
(c) The IOUs they held
7. According to Paul, on the shooting of what movie did Sidney Poitier meet his second wife?
(a) The Lost Man
(b) Raisin in the Sun
(c) The Defiant Ones
(d) Blackboard Jungle
8. At the end of this section, Ouisa tells Flan that God's name is what?
9. At the end of this section, who does Flan think Ouisa will say is God's name?
10. What word does Paul repeat over and over as Ouisa tries to wake him in this section?
11. As Flan describes his dream, he says that he does not treat his painting like what?
(b) Used cars
(c) Holy relics
(d) Peices of meat
12. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
(a) Madison Square Garden
(b) The Chrysler Building
(c) The Flatiron Building
(d) Grand Central Station
13. What twentieth century play does Paul quote in his thesis?
(a) Caucasian Chalk Circle
(b) All My Sons
(c) House of Blue Leaves
(d) Waiting for Godot
14. As Ouisa considers the idea of being murdered in her sleep, what does she wonder aloud?
(a) Would she wake up
(b) Would she go to heaven
(c) Who would find her
(d) Would it hurt
15. What French film does Flan reference while mocking Ouisa about South Africa in this section?
(a) Grand Illusion
(b) Pepe Le Moko
(c) Rules of the Game
(d) Battle of Algiers
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the Dean and Deluca customer leave for his purchase in Flan and Ouisa's story?
2. Where in New York did the schoolteacher who is the initial subject of Paul's thesis work?
3. Paul is looking at a statue of what in Central Park when he is mugged?
4. What Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does Paul announce his father will be adapting for the screen?
5. What negative world does Ouisa repeat over and over throughout the first couple minutes of the play?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)