|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul jokingly say he will test on Catcher in the Rye?
(c) His advisor
2. Who does Flan stop Geoffrey from calling in this section?
(a) Geoffrey's wife
(b) Sidney Poitier
(c) The Japanese
3. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
(a) Madison Square Garden
(b) The Chrysler Building
(c) The Flatiron Building
(d) Grand Central Station
4. At the beginning of this section, Flan describes a painting by what artist?
(c) Van Gogh
5. Who do Ouisa and Flan address in the first half of this section?
(a) The audience
(d) Each other
6. What percentage commission does Ouisa theorize Flan is giving Paul?
(a) One millionth of a percent
(b) One thousandth of a percent
(c) One trillionth of a percent
(d) One billionth of a percent
7. How does the Hunan Wok misspell its sign?
(a) Hunan Work
(b) Human Wok
(c) Nunan Wok
(d) Human Work
8. How much money does Flan need to convince Geoffrey to loan him at the beginning of Act 1?
9. What denigrating term does Flan use repeated in reference to the Hustler?
10. Which of the following would-be presidential assassins is mentioned in Paul's thesis?
11. What is the last thing the Hustler says before leaving the condo?
(a) Fuck you
(b) It's been fun
(c) One love
(d) Which way is the nearest subway?
12. Where do the prospective buyers for Flan's Cezanne live?
(d) Hong Kong
13. In what city were the Kittredges living when they met Geoffrey?
(b) New York
14. Reveling in the dining options in this section, Geoffrey says that New York is the what of the twentieth century?
15. In what country did Wassily Kandinsky die?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country are the coal miners whom Gorbachev is cheering, according to Ouisa?
2. At the end of this section, Flan compares not thinking about two million dollars to trying not to think of what animal?
3. What career did Flan used to hold?
4. Which of the following is not a black celebrity that Geoffrey thinks could take part in his film festival?
5. A painting by what artist hangs above the stage during the play?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)