|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Hustler do as soon as he enters the scene?
(a) Stretch out on the couch
(b) Begin eating leftovers from the night before
(c) Throws a punch at Flan
(d) Walks straight through the room and leaves the condo
2. Which of the following fantasy stories is not among the one listed mockingly as "imaginative" in Paul's thesis?
(a) Star Wars
(b) Lord of the Rings
(c) Star Trek
(d) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
3. What metaphor does Sidney Poitier use to characterize the two American debates on life?
(a) River banks
(b) World powers
(c) Warring bulls
4. What Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does Paul announce his father will be adapting for the screen?
(b) Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
(c) Starlight Express
5. What percentage commission does Ouisa theorize Flan is giving Paul?
(a) One thousandth of a percent
(b) One millionth of a percent
(c) One billionth of a percent
(d) One trillionth of a percent
6. Which of the following characters tries to leave in the chaos of applying first aid to Paul?
7. What does everyone say about the New York Times crossword puzzle, according to Ouisa?
(a) They do it in ink
(b) They have never finished the Sunday puzzle
(c) It is a waste of time
(d) The Monday puzzle is two easy
8. What color is the shirt that the Kittredges give to Paul?
9. As Ouisa considers the idea of being murdered in her sleep, what does she wonder aloud?
(a) Who would find her
(b) Would she go to heaven
(c) Would she wake up
(d) Would it hurt
10. According to Paul, on the shooting of what movie did Sidney Poitier meet his second wife?
(a) Raisin in the Sun
(b) The Defiant Ones
(c) Blackboard Jungle
(d) The Lost Man
11. Who do Ouisa and Flan address in the first half of this section?
(a) The audience
(d) Each other
12. Why does Flan need to call his lawyer at the end of this section?
(a) To assess damage done to the condo
(b) To deal with the South African banks
(c) To inquire after Paul's identity
(d) To arbitrate the purchase of the Cezanne
13. What is the first item in the room that Flan checks in Act 1?
(a) The watercolor of the dog
(b) The two-sided painting
(c) The Victorian inkwell
(d) The first edition Dickens
14. In what city were the Kittredges living when they met Geoffrey?
(d) New York
15. Who calls the Kittredges soon after Paul leaves?
(a) Their daughter
(c) The Japanese buyers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say amazes him about New York in his first line?
2. At the beginning of this section, Flan describes a painting by what artist?
3. How many workers does Ouisa say Geoffrey has working in one of his mines?
4. In what country are the coal miners whom Gorbachev is cheering, according to Ouisa?
5. At what time does Ouisa wake up the night after the dinner with Paul?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)