|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French film does Flan reference while mocking Ouisa about South Africa in this section?
(a) Grand Illusion
(b) Battle of Algiers
(c) Rules of the Game
(d) Pepe Le Moko
2. How much money does the Dean and Deluca customer leave for his purchase in Flan and Ouisa's story?
3. According to Paul, on the shooting of what movie did Sidney Poitier meet his second wife?
(a) Blackboard Jungle
(b) The Lost Man
(c) The Defiant Ones
(d) Raisin in the Sun
4. To what mythological figure does Ouisa compare Geoffrey when she describes him?
5. Which of the following would-be presidential assassins is mentioned in Paul's thesis?
6. What is the only article of clothing the Hustler is wearing when he emerges from Paul's bedroom?
(c) An open robe
(d) A hat
7. In this section, Paul mentions attending a film festival with his father in what country?
(c) South Africa
8. What color is the shirt that the Kittredges give to Paul?
9. Flan is shocked that his son lets Paul call him what?
10. What Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does Paul announce his father will be adapting for the screen?
(b) Starlight Express
(c) Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
11. What is the first item in the room that Flan checks in Act 1?
(a) The watercolor of the dog
(b) The first edition Dickens
(c) The two-sided painting
(d) The Victorian inkwell
12. According to Flan in this section, Geoffrey has recently sold a print by what modern artist?
(c) De Kooning
13. In what country did Wassily Kandinsky die?
14. In the hypothetical script Paul describes his father receiving, what is Poitier's character's profession?
(b) School teacher
15. How much money does Flan need to convince Geoffrey to loan him at the beginning of Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What taciturn promise does Paul make the Kittredges and Geoffrey before the latter leaves?
2. Reveling in the dining options in this section, Geoffrey says that New York is the what of the twentieth century?
3. In what city was Sidney Poitier born?
4. What request does Paul make of the Kittredges before leaving?
5. At the beginning of this section, Flan describes a painting by what artist?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)