|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school does the Kittredges' daughter attend?
2. Where on his body has Paul been stabbed when he enters the Kittredges'?
(a) His arm
(b) His hand
(c) His neck
(d) His stomach
3. In this section, Flan repeated mentions not wanting to be accused of what?
4. What is the second prized item that Flan checks at the top of the play?
(a) The two-sided painting
(b) The first-edition Dickens
(c) The water color of the dog
(d) The Victorian inkwell
5. Where in New York did the schoolteacher who is the initial subject of Paul's thesis work?
(a) Long Island
(b) Staten Island
6. At what time does Ouisa wake up the night after the dinner with Paul?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 12 p.m.
7. What article of clothing does Flan look at and think of Van Gogh?
(a) His sport coat
(b) A hat
(c) His ties
(d) His shoes
8. What denigrating term does Flan use repeated in reference to the Hustler?
9. At the end of this section, Ouisa tells Flan that God's name is what?
10. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
(a) Madison Square Garden
(b) The Chrysler Building
(c) The Flatiron Building
(d) Grand Central Station
11. What Christian prayer do Flan and Ouisa recite at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Our Father
(b) The Nicean Creed
(c) Now I lay me down to sleep...
(d) Hail Mary
12. In what city were the Kittredges living when they met Geoffrey?
(a) New York
13. What negative world does Ouisa repeat over and over throughout the first couple minutes of the play?
14. What does Ouisa initially fear the Hustler may have?
(a) A gun
(b) Their silverwear
(d) A knife
15. What ancient food item does Ouisa say is in the freezer when Paul offers to make dinner?
(b) Ice Cream
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters tries to leave in the chaos of applying first aid to Paul?
2. What Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does Paul announce his father will be adapting for the screen?
3. Which hotel is Poitier checking into in the morning, according to Paul?
4. At the end of this section, who does Flan think Ouisa will say is God's name?
5. In what country does Paul say he grew up?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)