|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a black celebrity that Geoffrey thinks could take part in his film festival?
(a) Diana Ross
(b) Richard Pryor
(c) Eddie Murphy
(d) Bill Cosby
2. What school does the Kittredges' daughter attend?
3. How many workers does Ouisa say Geoffrey has working in one of his mines?
4. In what country does Paul say he grew up?
5. When does the Kittredge's housekeeper come in?
6. How much money does the Dean and Deluca customer leave for his purchase in Flan and Ouisa's story?
7. In what city was Sidney Poitier born?
8. What percentage commission does Ouisa theorize Flan is giving Paul?
(a) One millionth of a percent
(b) One thousandth of a percent
(c) One billionth of a percent
(d) One trillionth of a percent
9. At the end of this section, Flan compares not thinking about two million dollars to trying not to think of what animal?
(a) An elephant
(b) A cat
(c) An ostrich
(d) A cow
10. At what time does Ouisa wake up the night after the dinner with Paul?
(a) 12 p.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
11. Why does Flan need to call his lawyer at the end of this section?
(a) To arbitrate the purchase of the Cezanne
(b) To assess damage done to the condo
(c) To deal with the South African banks
(d) To inquire after Paul's identity
12. What article of clothing does Flan look at and think of Van Gogh?
(a) His shoes
(b) A hat
(c) His ties
(d) His sport coat
13. Where does Ouisa speak to to Sidney Poitier in her dream?
(a) Central Park
(b) Her bed
(c) The living room
(d) His Hollywood house
14. Which of the following characters tries to leave in the chaos of applying first aid to Paul?
15. What is the first item in the room that Flan checks in Act 1?
(a) The Victorian inkwell
(b) The first edition Dickens
(c) The two-sided painting
(d) The watercolor of the dog
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ouisa considers the idea of being murdered in her sleep, what does she wonder aloud?
2. At the beginning of Act 1, what aspect of his state of being does Flan repeatedly mention?
3. Where in New York did the schoolteacher who is the initial subject of Paul's thesis work?
4. What is Geoffrey's wife's name?
5. How long is the hall in the Kittredge house?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)