|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul enters the scene, where does he announce that he attends school with the Kittredges' daughter?
2. What metaphor does Sidney Poitier use to characterize the two American debates on life?
(a) World powers
(b) Warring bulls
(c) River banks
3. A painting by what artist hangs above the stage during the play?
(d) de Kooning
4. In what country does Paul say he grew up?
5. Which of the following prominent New York families is not one that Paul mentions considering before deciding to come to the Kittredges?
(a) The Helmsleys
(b) The Babcocks
(c) The Auchinslosses
(d) The Onassises
6. What event do the Kittredges have to attend in the morning?
(a) A charity fundraiser
(b) A wedding
(c) A gallery opening
(d) A christening
7. What does the New York Times send contributors of the anecdotes Flan and Ouisa mention at the end of this section?
(a) A framed excerpt
(b) A bottle of champagne
(c) A Times tree ornament
(d) A free subscription
8. In this section, Flan repeated mentions not wanting to be accused of what?
9. What does Paul compliment about Geoffrey after the latter comments on dinner?
(a) His eyes
(b) His nose
(c) His buds
(d) His etiquette
10. In what city were the Kittredges living when they met Geoffrey?
(a) New York
11. Which of the following is not an ingredient listed in the dish Paul prepares?
(a) Tuna Fish
(b) Sun-dried tomatoes
12. Who does Flan stop Geoffrey from calling in this section?
(a) Geoffrey's wife
(b) The Japanese
(c) Sidney Poitier
13. According to Flan in this section, Geoffrey has recently sold a print by what modern artist?
(c) De Kooning
14. As Ouisa considers the idea of being murdered in her sleep, what does she wonder aloud?
(a) Would it hurt
(b) Would she wake up
(c) Would she go to heaven
(d) Who would find her
15. What ancient food item does Ouisa say is in the freezer when Paul offers to make dinner?
(b) Ice Cream
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul jokingly say he will test on Catcher in the Rye?
2. What does the Hustler do as soon as he enters the scene?
3. According to Paul, on the shooting of what movie did Sidney Poitier meet his second wife?
4. As Flan describes his dream, he says that he does not treat his painting like what?
5. What movie does Paul mention won Sidney Poitier his only Oscar?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)