|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of this section, who does Flan think Ouisa will say is God's name?
2. Which of the following would-be presidential assassins is mentioned in Paul's thesis?
3. Who do the Kittredges call after they regain their composure?
(a) The police
(b) The doorman
(c) Their children
4. What French film does Flan reference while mocking Ouisa about South Africa in this section?
(a) Battle of Algiers
(b) Pepe Le Moko
(c) Grand Illusion
(d) Rules of the Game
5. According to Flan in this section, Geoffrey has recently sold a print by what modern artist?
(d) De Kooning
6. What ancient food item does Ouisa say is in the freezer when Paul offers to make dinner?
(c) Ice Cream
7. From what musical is the song that Ouisa wants to sing as she leans against a barricade?
(b) The Fantasticks
(d) The Threepenny Opera
8. At what time does Paul say he has to meet his father?
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
9. What valuable item has Paul lost in the mugging?
(a) His thesis
(b) His antique pocketwatch
(c) His shoes
(d) His only photo of his mother
10. In what city was Sidney Poitier born?
11. What is the first item in the room that Flan checks in Act 1?
(a) The Victorian inkwell
(b) The watercolor of the dog
(c) The first edition Dickens
(d) The two-sided painting
12. Who tells Paul to leave the condo in this section?
(a) The Hustler
(c) No one
13. Which of the following is not an ingredient listed in the dish Paul prepares?
(a) Sun-dried tomatoes
(c) Tuna Fish
14. To what artist's work does Flan compare his children's paintings in the second grade?
15. Who does Flan stop Geoffrey from calling in this section?
(a) Geoffrey's wife
(b) Sidney Poitier
(d) The Japanese
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in New York did the schoolteacher who is the initial subject of Paul's thesis work?
2. Which of the following prominent New York families is not one that Paul mentions considering before deciding to come to the Kittredges?
3. What is the only article of clothing the Hustler is wearing when he emerges from Paul's bedroom?
4. Which of the following fantasy stories is not among the one listed mockingly as "imaginative" in Paul's thesis?
5. At the beginning of this section, Flan describes a painting by what artist?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)