|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only article of clothing the Hustler is wearing when he emerges from Paul's bedroom?
(c) A hat
(d) An open robe
2. Where does Ouisa speak to to Sidney Poitier in her dream?
(a) Her bed
(b) The living room
(c) His Hollywood house
(d) Central Park
3. As Ouisa considers the idea of being murdered in her sleep, what does she wonder aloud?
(a) Would it hurt
(b) Who would find her
(c) Would she wake up
(d) Would she go to heaven
4. What school does the Kittredges' daughter attend?
5. To what artist's work does Flan compare his children's paintings in the second grade?
6. Which of the following prominent New York families is not one that Paul mentions considering before deciding to come to the Kittredges?
(a) The Babcocks
(b) The Helmsleys
(c) The Onassises
(d) The Auchinslosses
7. What denigrating term does Flan use repeated in reference to the Hustler?
8. What is the first item in the room that Flan checks in Act 1?
(a) The two-sided painting
(b) The watercolor of the dog
(c) The Victorian inkwell
(d) The first edition Dickens
9. In this section, how much of an overcall does Geoffrey tell Flan he is willing to pay for the Cezanne?
10. At the end of this section, Ouisa tells Flan that God's name is what?
11. How long is the hall in the Kittredge house?
(a) 6 feet
(b) 30 feet
(c) 18 feet
(d) They do not have hall
12. What is Geoffrey's wife's name?
13. Where do the prospective buyers for Flan's Cezanne live?
(a) Hong Kong
14. In Paul's description of his father, Sidney Poitier claims that growing up his family was so poor they did not even own what?
(b) Their shoes
(d) The IOUs they held
15. What event do the Kittredges have to attend in the morning?
(a) A wedding
(b) A charity fundraiser
(c) A gallery opening
(d) A christening
Short Answer Questions
1. What taciturn promise does Paul make the Kittredges and Geoffrey before the latter leaves?
2. In what city were the Kittredges living when they met Geoffrey?
3. At the beginning of this section, Flan describes a painting by what artist?
4. What film option does Flan think may be a nice alternative for Paul's father's movie?
5. What negative world does Ouisa repeat over and over throughout the first couple minutes of the play?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)