|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which hotel is Poitier checking into in the morning, according to Paul?
(a) The Sherry
(b) The Waldorf-Astoria
(c) The Gramercy Park
(d) The Bowery
2. Who do Ouisa and Flan address in the first half of this section?
(b) Each other
(d) The audience
3. What does Flan demand of Paul in the scene with the Hustler?
(a) His fifty dollars back
(b) An explanation for the naked man
(c) The truth about his identity
(d) That he get out of the condo
4. What French film does Flan reference while mocking Ouisa about South Africa in this section?
(a) Pepe Le Moko
(b) Battle of Algiers
(c) Grand Illusion
(d) Rules of the Game
5. Who does Flan stop Geoffrey from calling in this section?
(a) Geoffrey's wife
(b) The Japanese
(c) Sidney Poitier
6. What movie does Paul mention won Sidney Poitier his only Oscar?
(a) Guess Who's COming to Dinner
(b) In the Heat of the Night
(c) Lillies of the Field
(d) To Sir With Love
7. Where does Ouisa speak to to Sidney Poitier in her dream?
(a) His Hollywood house
(b) Her bed
(c) The living room
(d) Central Park
8. What article of clothing does Flan look at and think of Van Gogh?
(a) His ties
(b) His shoes
(c) A hat
(d) His sport coat
9. Which of the following is not a black celebrity that Geoffrey thinks could take part in his film festival?
(a) Diana Ross
(b) Richard Pryor
(c) Bill Cosby
(d) Eddie Murphy
10. At the beginning of this section, Flan describes a painting by what artist?
(c) Van Gogh
11. Who do the Kittredges call after they regain their composure?
(b) The doorman
(c) Their children
(d) The police
12. Which of the following fantasy stories is not among the one listed mockingly as "imaginative" in Paul's thesis?
(a) Lord of the Rings
(b) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
(c) Star Wars
(d) Star Trek
13. How much money does Flan give Paul for his assistance with Geoffrey?
14. What Christian prayer do Flan and Ouisa recite at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Our Father
(b) Now I lay me down to sleep...
(c) Hail Mary
(d) The Nicean Creed
15. From what musical is the song that Ouisa wants to sing as she leans against a barricade?
(b) The Threepenny Opera
(c) The Fantasticks
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
2. In what city was Sidney Poitier born?
3. What is the first item in the room that Flan checks in Act 1?
4. At the end of this section, who does Flan think Ouisa will say is God's name?
5. What does Ouisa initially fear the Hustler may have?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)