|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 68-82).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul compliment about Geoffrey after the latter comments on dinner?
(a) His nose
(b) His eyes
(c) His buds
(d) His etiquette
2. To what artist's work does Flan compare his children's paintings in the second grade?
3. In the second excerpt from This Life that the parents read, what does Poitier warn his readers against doing regarding their children?
(a) Smothering them
(b) Condescending them
(c) Ignoring them
(d) Protecting them
4. Which of the following is not an ingredient listed in the dish Paul prepares?
(c) Sun-dried tomatoes
(d) Tuna Fish
5. What career did Flan used to hold?
(a) Investment banker
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of this section, who does Flan think Ouisa will say is God's name?
2. What type of law does Kitty's "friend" practice?
3. In what country does Paul say he grew up?
4. Paul is looking at a statue of what in Central Park when he is mugged?
5. Which of the following fantasy stories is not among the one listed mockingly as "imaginative" in Paul's thesis?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)