|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 14-26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paul's muggers take from him in addition to his wallet?
(a) His suitcase
(b) His class ring
(c) His keys
(d) His sport coat
2. Who do Ouisa and Flan address in the first half of this section?
(a) Each other
(d) The audience
3. What does the New York Times send contributors of the anecdotes Flan and Ouisa mention at the end of this section?
(a) A Times tree ornament
(b) A bottle of champagne
(c) A free subscription
(d) A framed excerpt
4. What color is the shirt that the Kittredges give to Paul?
5. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
(a) The Flatiron Building
(b) The Chrysler Building
(c) Madison Square Garden
(d) Grand Central Station
Short Answer Questions
1. What valuable item has Paul lost in the mugging?
2. What does Geoffrey say amazes him about New York in his first line?
3. In Paul's description of his father, Sidney Poitier claims that growing up his family was so poor they did not even own what?
4. What word does Ouisa tell Flan not to use in this section?
5. What French film does Flan reference while mocking Ouisa about South Africa in this section?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)