|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 26-44).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event do the Kittredges have to attend in the morning?
(a) A gallery opening
(b) A wedding
(c) A charity fundraiser
(d) A christening
2. What does Geoffrey say amazes him about New York in his first line?
(a) The quiet
(b) The technology
(c) The restaurants
(d) The opulence
3. In Paul's description of his father, Sidney Poitier claims that growing up his family was so poor they did not even own what?
(c) Their shoes
(d) The IOUs they held
4. Paul is looking at a statue of what in Central Park when he is mugged?
(b) An angel
(c) A husky
(d) A priest
5. In the excerpt from Catcher in the Rye that Paul recites, Holden would rather chop off a man's head than what?
(a) Shake his hand
(b) Fist-fight him
(c) Die himself
(d) Pretend to be his friend
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul jokingly say he will test on Catcher in the Rye?
2. Flan is shocked that his son lets Paul call him what?
3. According to Paul, Sidney Poitier lived for a time in a bus station across the street from what?
4. Which of the following is not an ingredient listed in the dish Paul prepares?
5. To what mythological figure does Ouisa compare Geoffrey when she describes him?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)