|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened as Yun did the embroidery for the friend of Shen Fu?
(a) She died.
(b) She tried to commit suicide.
(c) She became better.
(d) She became sicker.
2. The _______ Garden was an area which boasted only a few disorderly piles of stones, according to Shen Fu.
3. What color is the rock that is as big as a bed, so Hung-kan lays on it when he and Shen Fu are resting in the village?
4. What happened when Shen Fu threw out a rock into the water to see how deep it was?
(a) The rock jumped back out.
(b) The water didn't ripple.
(d) A few small fish rose to it.
5. The Purple ________ Cave was only as big as a finger and nothing but water bubbled from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shen Fu's father said that since ____________ could write, this person could take over mother's letters for her.
2. Shen Fu thinks about the countless ________ who since ancient days have been buried without being remembered.
3. What was the nickname that Shen Fu's family gave to Yun when she was a part of the family?
4. Who was the character that said, "I have lived a hard life, often away from home. I would like someone to live with me and serve me..."?
5. At the very head of the gardens was a park called _________ Park, and after a turn north, there was a stone bridge called Rainbow Bridge.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when money began to be tight for Yun and Shen Fu, according to Shen Fu's writings?
2. What was Shen Fu sent to do when he was a boy, according to his writing in this section?
3. What happens to the scent of the food when Shen Fu eats with the Chen family?
4. What does Shen Fu have to say about the differences between impressions of seeing a place?
5. What is Yun referred to when the times in the Yun and Shen Fu household begin to be difficult?
6. What happened at Chungwen Academy when Shen Fu is a boy, according to his writings?
7. Why are the visits that Shen Fu makes with his friend during a more special time than any other time?
8. Where do Shen Fu and Yun move to when Yun is cast out of Shen Fu's family house?
9. What happens when the others seem to accuse Shen Fu and Yun of so many things which end up being misunderstandings?
10. What did Shen Fu do with his free time when he was a young boy studying with another person?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)