|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Shen Fu threw out a rock into the water to see how deep it was?
(a) A few small fish rose to it.
(b) The water didn't ripple.
(d) The rock jumped back out.
2. Everywhere that Shen Fu has gone, he has gone while ____________ others, he realizes when he is writing.
(c) Hiding from.
(d) Being in debt to.
3. The exploding bamboo make so much noise that the ___________ answered, according to Shen Fu.
4. What can Yun and Shen Fu not bring with them when they go to move into the house of Hua?
5. Shen Fu points out his father was helpful to marry off other people's daughters and to bring up their _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Shen Fu afraid that Yun would do during the debacle with the family and the accusations made of her?
2. Shen Fu thinks about the countless ________ who since ancient days have been buried without being remembered.
3. Shen Fu's father wanted to have someone in his home who had the same ____________, according to the book.
4. How long does Shen Fu's father give him and Yun to gather their affairs after learning of the money they owe?
5. Yun was hired to embroider the _________ Sutra for a friend when she was having one of her more healthy times.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Shen Fu's mother say when she found out the Yun was writing letters which were supposed to be from her to Yun's father in law?
2. Where do Shen Fu and Yun move to when Yun is cast out of Shen Fu's family house?
3. What did Shen Fu's mother think about Yun finding Chia-fu a concubine?
4. What did Yun do so that their children were going to be able to stay warm in the cold months?
5. What is the question Shen Fu begins this section of the book with, according to the content?
6. What does Shen Fu think the manicured gardens of the neighborhood do for the gods?
7. What are some of the reasons why Shen Fu doesn't seem to think it's fair that he should have misfortune in his life?
8. What does Feng-sen know when he is sent away for an apprenticeship, though he is never told this?
9. What is Yun's position in the Shen Fu family's house, according to the book and the story?
10. What does Shen Fu have to say about the differences between impressions of seeing a place?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)