|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yun and Shen Fu arrange for their son to learn the business of ___________ with another man in order to help him get started in the world.
2. Shen Fu notes that when he tried to sell paintings from his home, he did not make enough in _________ days to pay the expenses of one.
3. The boatman suggests that the boys go to the village of _________ where his cousin lives, saying it has vacant land.
4. Hung-kan tells the boatman that he and Shen Fu aren't just climbing the mountain, but are looking for a place to ___________.
5. The gravekeeper made a soup out of __________, which looked like pears when they were dug up from the ground.
(c) Sugar cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Shen Fu threw out a rock into the water to see how deep it was?
2. Shen Fu's father wanted to have someone in his home who had the same ____________, according to the book.
3. Yun lets Shen Fu know that she is the ____________ on a loan for Shen Fu's younger brother and needs to pay the loan back.
4. Shen Fu says his father spent money like ________, and most of it on other people.
5. When Shen Fu's father thinks he is dying, he tells Shen Fu to work with his friend to study to work in _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Shen Fu and his friend Hung-kan decide to climb Han Mountain together?
2. What would happen if Shen Fu and and the others didn't smuggle the girls back out of the apartment without anyone else seeing them?
3. What happened at Chungwen Academy when Shen Fu is a boy, according to his writings?
4. Where do Shen Fu and Yun move to when Yun is cast out of Shen Fu's family house?
5. What was Shen Fu sent to do when he was a boy, according to his writing in this section?
6. What did Shen Fu do with his free time when he was a young boy studying with another person?
7. What does Shen Fu think the manicured gardens of the neighborhood do for the gods?
8. What does Shen Fu seem to think about the presence of Hsi-erh in his life when Yun is away?
9. Why wasn't it a good idea to feed the novice at the monastery, according to Shen Fu?
10. What is Yun referred to when the times in the Yun and Shen Fu household begin to be difficult?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)