|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cave where Shen Fu would go with others in order to cool off? _________ Cave.
(d) Purple Cloud.
2. What did Shen Fu's father notice was different about the letters Yun had been writing for Shen Fu's mother?
(a) The color.
(b) The tone.
(c) The content.
(d) The handwriting.
3. What was so special about the place with the cave which Shen Fu would visit on the days when he didn't have classes?
(a) It was where Yun would go too.
(b) He would go with his father.
(c) It was a tourist spot.
(d) It was not accessible by land.
4. At the Pleasant _____ Cave, Shen Fu drinks from the stream and finds that it satisfies his intense thirst.
5. The madam of the first boat the Shen Fu and the others call to is called the Lady with the ____________ Hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shen Fu reminds the reader of a quote from the ancients: "Lack of ________ in a woman is a virtue."
2. What was the nickname that Shen Fu's family gave to Yun when she was a part of the family?
3. Yun was hired to embroider the _________ Sutra for a friend when she was having one of her more healthy times.
4. The people in the village mistakenly thought the two boys were looking for a ____________ when they said they were looking for land.
5. A monk at the cave invites Shen Fu to see that Ten Thousand Year _____, in the kitchen of a temple.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the others seem to accuse Shen Fu and Yun of so many things which end up being misunderstandings?
2. What did Shen Fu's mother say when she found out the Yun was writing letters which were supposed to be from her to Yun's father in law?
3. What did Shen Fu decide that he'd rather do instead of visiting historical sites, which he now regrets?
4. What does Shen Fu think the manicured gardens of the neighborhood do for the gods?
5. Why was Yun cast out of the house, according to the writings of Shen Fu?
6. What places does Shen Fu like the best when he is moved to Hangchou as a young boy?
7. Where do Shen Fu and Yun move to when Yun is cast out of Shen Fu's family house?
8. What does Yun always try to do for the Shen Fu family, even though they are less than nice to her when she is around?
9. What would happen if Shen Fu and and the others didn't smuggle the girls back out of the apartment without anyone else seeing them?
10. What was Shen Fu sent to do when he was a boy, according to his writing in this section?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)