|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Shen Fu say that he is when he realizes he doesn't want anyone else but Shen Fu?
2. Who prepared almost every single document that the magistrate would see during their daily work?
(b) No one.
3. Yun believes that having been to the festival, she has not lived a life in ____________, since she has seen such a beautiful pplace.
4. As a result of the rules, the magistrate might even be ignorant of the local _______ of the area in which he might be placed for his duties.
5. What is the name of a person the Chinese culture who was a lover, but her sexual favors were not necessarily for sale?
Short Answer Questions
1. Shen Fu tells the reader to create small scenes as lovely as ________ when adding detail in the pot with flowers and stones.
2. What is not one of the categories of specialists into which the private secretaries might be divided, according to the book?
3. What does the Old Man arrange, according to the believe system of Shen Fu and Yun, which is why they worship him?
4. The bedroom that Shen Fu and Yun share is called - "The Pavilion of My Guest's _______________."
5. What does Shen Fu seem to have specialized in, according to this skills when he was a secretary for the magistrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the incident with the earthworm and Shen Fu when he is a child?
2. What does Shen Fu's education prepare him to be, which is a disappointment to his family as the reader learns in the story?
3. What are the other two favorite flowers of Shen Fu, which he describes in the story according to the way he arranges them and pots them?
4. Why do Shen Fu and Yun want to be reincarnated to be with each other in their next life? What do they hope to achieve?
5. Why does the book become a national favorite for those who read it as the times of the day in China were much different?
6. What is the gift from a friend that Shen Fu receives when he is younger, which causes him to go into a lot of detail?
7. Why does the teacher send Shen Fu home in order to write his compositions for school, according to the book?
8. What does Shen Fu imagine the bug is when he is observing it out in nature, according to the book?
9. What else did Yun teach herself to do, according to the description from Shen Fu in the story?
10. What are the things that Shen Fu and Yun discuss when they do the Pavilion together?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)