|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
2. Flowers, according to Shen Fu, should rise __________ from the mouth of the vase in one mass, not crowded in any one area.
3. During the later part of what century was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
4. Who once created a sketch of Shen Fu and Yun in a garden, according to the story?
(a) Yang Pu-fan.
(b) Shen Fu.
5. Yun showed the Huas how to make _______ which can be moved anywhere and incorporated into the scenery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of sawing halfway through a stem and inserting a small piece of brick or stone into the cut?
2. The ___________ were one of the members of the yamen staff who were able to actually support themselves on their salaries.
3. What should a person use to strengthen a plant when the stem begins to fall over, according to Shen Fu's instructions?
4. The bedroom that Shen Fu and Yun share is called - "The Pavilion of My Guest's _______________."
5. Who prepared almost every single document that the magistrate would see during their daily work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the things that Shen Fu and Yun discuss when they do the Pavilion together?
2. What is the job that Shen Fu takes on within the government, as a result of his education?
3. What does Shen Fu describe doing when he was a child when he was lying on the grass?
4. What does Shen Fu tells his parents about Yun when they meet as cousins when he is thirteen-years-old?
5. What else did Yun teach herself to do, according to the description from Shen Fu in the story?
6. What is the therapy that Shen Fu receives for his most unfortunate injury, according to the book?
7. What it the task which Wan Tsai-chang completed, which makes him the only person that Shen Fu knows to have done such a thing?
8. Why does the teacher send Shen Fu home in order to write his compositions for school, according to the book?
9. How does Shen Fu describe the cleverness of Yun when he talks about her life and her upbringing?
10. What is the interesting way that Shen Fu and Yun want to be reincarnated when they are born again in their next life?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)