|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Han-yuan is the __________ girl of whom Yun has become quite fond during some times together.
2. What are Shen Fu and Yu living adjacent to when they live near the old woman?
(a) River temple.
(b) A cave.
(d) Vegatable garden.
3. Yun believes that having been to the festival, she has not lived a life in ____________, since she has seen such a beautiful pplace.
4. The goal of many of Shen Fu's arrangement techniques is to make the plant look as though it had been grown from the _________.
5. Shen Fu describes the fact that he was _____________ to take on the position as a secretary, which is not uncommon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of sawing halfway through a stem and inserting a small piece of brick or stone into the cut?
2. As a result of the rules, the magistrate might even be ignorant of the local _______ of the area in which he might be placed for his duties.
3. What does Yun do when Shen Fu is off studying with a friend of his father's, according to the book?
4. The book was recently republished by the People's Literature ______ Society as this book is so well-loved among the readers.
5. The secretaries in _________, almost by definition at the time of the book, were failures in their lives, according to the Introduction.
Short Essay Questions
1. What it the task which Wan Tsai-chang completed, which makes him the only person that Shen Fu knows to have done such a thing?
2. What is the interesting way that Shen Fu and Yun want to be reincarnated when they are born again in their next life?
3. What happens in the incident with the earthworm and Shen Fu when he is a child?
4. What does Shen Fu imagine the bug is when he is observing it out in nature, according to the book?
5. What happened to destroy the work that Shen Fu and Yun did on their yard?
6. What are some of the things which Shen Fu describes in relation to the placement of rocks?
7. What does Shen Fu think that people with modest homes should try to do with their homes and their arrangements?
8. What else did Yun teach herself to do, according to the description from Shen Fu in the story?
9. What doesn't Shen Fu understand about other couples since he and Yun's relationship is so different from the others?
10. What are the other two favorite flowers of Shen Fu, which he describes in the story according to the way he arranges them and pots them?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)