|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prepared almost every single document that the magistrate would see during their daily work?
(c) No one.
2. What are Shen Fu and Yu living adjacent to when they live near the old woman?
(a) A cave.
(c) River temple.
(d) Vegatable garden.
3. Who was the first translator of the book in 1935, according to the introduction of the book?
(a) Ling Shuag.
(b) Chang Ling.
(c) Lina Shuan.
(d) Lin Yutang.
4. The Lighting of the ___________ is something that Yun wants to attend so badly that she convinces her husband to let her go, dressed as a man.
5. Shen Fu says there should not be more than ___________ vases arranged on a table, according to his detailed writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who once created a sketch of Shen Fu and Yun in a garden, according to the story?
2. Yun showed the Huas how to make _______ which can be moved anywhere and incorporated into the scenery.
3. Who was the only player who was allowed to think about their answers and a person who was considered an official paper?
4. Who did Shen Fu pay money to in order to have him come with Shen Fu and Yun the next day to cook for them?
5. What is the relationship between Yun and Shen Fu when they first meet during their lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three things which Shen Fu gives instructions on when he is talking about plants and caring for plants?
2. While it's not clear whether all of the transcripts will be found, what does the introduction say about the translation and what it is meant to do?
3. What are the other two favorite flowers of Shen Fu, which he describes in the story according to the way he arranges them and pots them?
4. What is the advice that Yun gives to Shen Fu about painting insects as a part of his artistic endeavors?
5. What is the interesting way that Shen Fu and Yun want to be reincarnated when they are born again in their next life?
6. What does Shen Fu tells his parents about Yun when they meet as cousins when he is thirteen-years-old?
7. Why do Shen Fu and Yun want to be reincarnated to be with each other in their next life? What do they hope to achieve?
8. Why does the teacher send Shen Fu home in order to write his compositions for school, according to the book?
9. What are the things that Shen Fu and Yun discuss when they do the Pavilion together?
10. Why was Shen Fu's favorite orchid destroyed, according to the story that Shen Fu is writing?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)