|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cave where Shen Fu would go with others in order to cool off? _________ Cave.
(b) Purple Cloud.
2. Shen Fu's father did not understand how his son could owe money as they are a house of __________ and caps.
3. What happened when Shen Fu went to see his father when his father became ill?
(a) Shen Fu became ill too.
(b) Yun left him.
(c) His mother died.
(d) His father died.
4. What does Shen Fu say increased as he and Yun began to have more and more debts in their name?
5. How long did it take for Shen Fu's father to realize what had happened with Yun and to ask them to come home?
(a) Two years.
(b) One month.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One week.
6. Shen Fu finds out that a ________ stomach can not handle the taste of meat at first.
7. What didn't Shen Fu and his friend Hsin-yueh do during the course of their friendship, according to Shen Fu?
8. The gravekeeper made a soup out of __________, which looked like pears when they were dug up from the ground.
(d) Sugar cane.
9. What did Shen Fu and Yun's daughter deny she was feeling, even though it was apparent that she was?
10. The _______ Garden was an area which boasted only a few disorderly piles of stones, according to Shen Fu.
11. The boatman suggests that the boys go to the village of _________ where his cousin lives, saying it has vacant land.
12. Who suspected Yun of writing something improper about her when she wrote a letter for her?
(a) Shen Fu's father.
(b) Shen Fu's mother.
(c) Shen Fu's aunt.
(d) Shen Fu's grandmother.
13. The Nine _______ Garden near the South Gate, is the most naturally charming, according to Shen Fu when he is writing.
14. Everywhere that Shen Fu has gone, he has gone while ____________ others, he realizes when he is writing.
(b) Being in debt to.
(d) Hiding from.
15. At the Pleasant _____ Cave, Shen Fu drinks from the stream and finds that it satisfies his intense thirst.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yun and Shen Fu's son was twelve years old, he was studying ______ with a teacher.
2. Shen Fu points out the ______ of the Cottage of Tranquility, something he feels is heavenly.
3. When Shen Fu saw the problems going on around him when he was a government official, he gave up his position to become a _____________.
4. How many places in the world does Shen Fu say that he has visited in the beginning of this section?
5. Shen Fu notes that he likes to have his own __________ on things and not rely on the ideas of others to cloud his vision.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)