|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yun and Shen Fu arrange for their son to learn the business of ___________ with another man in order to help him get started in the world.
2. Who was the person that set off the exploding bamboo when Shen Fu was out on a trip?
(a) Another boy.
(c) Shen Fu.
3. What does the teacher suggest Shen Fu eat in order to balance out the way the soup will impact his body?
4. How old was Shen Fu when he was told to kowtow to a friend of his father's in order to learn from him?
5. Shen Fu's father did not understand how his son could owe money as they are a house of __________ and caps.
6. Shen Fu feels regret for not having visited Orchid Pavilion or Yu's _________ when he was a younger boy.
7. The gravekeeper made a soup out of __________, which looked like pears when they were dug up from the ground.
(b) Sugar cane.
8. How long did it take for Shen Fu's father to realize what had happened with Yun and to ask them to come home?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One month.
(c) Two years.
(d) One week.
9. At the very head of the gardens was a park called _________ Park, and after a turn north, there was a stone bridge called Rainbow Bridge.
10. What did Shen Fu give to the man to whom he owned money whenever the man came to collect the debt?
11. What was the last meal that Shen Fu and Yun shared before they left on their journey?
(b) Rice porridge.
12. Jen Village had a flower and ______ festival every twelve years, according to Shen Fu.
13. What was the name of the girl which Yun had given birth to fourteen years before?
14. Yun lets Shen Fu know that she is the ____________ on a loan for Shen Fu's younger brother and needs to pay the loan back.
15. When Shen Fu worries about Yun's health, she says, "Life and death are ruled by _______. Do not worry about me."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shen Fu's malaria eventually turn into because he did not take good care of himself, according to Shen Fu?
2. Yun noted that she would rather have Shen Fu's ______ blame her than to have the other relative unhappy with her.
3. Shen Fu thinks about the countless ________ who since ancient days have been buried without being remembered.
4. During the time of the setting sun when Shen Fu was with others, the ____________ of South Screen Hill were ringing as the sun set.
5. Shen Fu points out the ______ of the Cottage of Tranquility, something he feels is heavenly.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)