|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shen Fu points out the ______ of the Cottage of Tranquility, something he feels is heavenly.
2. Hung-kan tells the boatman that he and Shen Fu aren't just climbing the mountain, but are looking for a place to ___________.
3. Shen Fu's father wanted to have someone in his home who had the same ____________, according to the book.
4. Who does Yun say is timid and without much ability, which is why this person should be arranged in marriage now?
5. Yun was hired to embroider the _________ Sutra for a friend when she was having one of her more healthy times.
6. Shen Fu enjoyed the _______ Spring as the waters were clear, the fish were abundant, and the liveliness was a delight.
7. Shen Fu notes that when he tried to sell paintings from his home, he did not make enough in _________ days to pay the expenses of one.
8. What was the nickname that Shen Fu's family gave to Yun when she was a part of the family?
(c) Third Lady.
9. Who was the person that set off the exploding bamboo when Shen Fu was out on a trip?
(c) Another boy.
(d) Shen Fu.
10. The madam of the first boat the Shen Fu and the others call to is called the Lady with the ____________ Hair.
11. Who was the character that said, "I have lived a hard life, often away from home. I would like someone to live with me and serve me..."?
(a) Shen Fu's father.
(c) Shen Fu's mother.
(d) Shen Fu.
12. The elders called in __________ for a performance during a dinner at the house, but Shen Fu and his friend decided to climb Han Mountain instead.
(c) Small boys.
13. Yun and Shen Fu arrange for their son to learn the business of ___________ with another man in order to help him get started in the world.
14. Everywhere that Shen Fu has gone, he has gone while ____________ others, he realizes when he is writing.
(a) Being in debt to.
(d) Hiding from.
15. What did Shen Fu bite into, even as the others told him not to do so?
Short Answer Questions
1. Shen Fu notes that he likes to have his own __________ on things and not rely on the ideas of others to cloud his vision.
2. What happened when Shen Fu went to see his father when his father became ill?
3. Shen Fu points out his father was helpful to marry off other people's daughters and to bring up their _________.
4. What didn't Shen Fu and his friend Hsin-yueh do during the course of their friendship, according to Shen Fu?
5. Shen Fu finds out that a ________ stomach can not handle the taste of meat at first.
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)