|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Purple ________ Cave was only as big as a finger and nothing but water bubbled from it.
2. The _______ Garden was an area which boasted only a few disorderly piles of stones, according to Shen Fu.
3. Shen Fu points out his father was helpful to marry off other people's daughters and to bring up their _________.
4. A monk at the cave invites Shen Fu to see that Ten Thousand Year _____, in the kitchen of a temple.
5. Shen Fu enjoyed the _______ Spring as the waters were clear, the fish were abundant, and the liveliness was a delight.
6. Shen Fu points out the ______ of the Cottage of Tranquility, something he feels is heavenly.
7. What was the more offensive name which Shen Fu's family gave to Yun when they were together?
(a) Third lady.
(c) Third woman.
(d) Third wife.
8. Yun decides that he and Shen Fu should leave at the morning of the ________ night watch in order to avoid capture and humiliation.
9. The gravekeeper made a soup out of __________, which looked like pears when they were dug up from the ground.
(d) Sugar cane.
10. The sage once tells Shen Fu that they should not use _______ with too fine a mesh as this will not allow them to catch anything.
(d) Mosquito netting.
11. Shen Fu reminds the reader of a quote from the ancients: "Lack of ________ in a woman is a virtue."
12. What was the nickname that Shen Fu's family gave to Yun when she was a part of the family?
(b) Third Lady.
13. Shen Fu's father wanted to have someone in his home who had the same ____________, according to the book.
14. The boatman suggests that the boys go to the village of _________ where his cousin lives, saying it has vacant land.
15. The exploding bamboo make so much noise that the ___________ answered, according to Shen Fu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cave where Shen Fu would go with others in order to cool off? _________ Cave.
2. The people in the village mistakenly thought the two boys were looking for a ____________ when they said they were looking for land.
3. During the time of the setting sun when Shen Fu was with others, the ____________ of South Screen Hill were ringing as the sun set.
4. What color is the rock that is as big as a bed, so Hung-kan lays on it when he and Shen Fu are resting in the village?
5. Shen Fu notes that _________ is a most generous gentleman, anxious to help those in trouble, whenever possible.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)