|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the very head of the gardens was a park called _________ Park, and after a turn north, there was a stone bridge called Rainbow Bridge.
2. Shen Fu points out the ______ of the Cottage of Tranquility, something he feels is heavenly.
3. The boatman suggests that the boys go to the village of _________ where his cousin lives, saying it has vacant land.
4. Shen Fu admits there are usually retributions for one's own _______,but he does not see this to be the case with himself.
5. The people in the village mistakenly thought the two boys were looking for a ____________ when they said they were looking for land.
(b) New teacher.
(c) Grave site.
(d) New school.
6. What did Shen Fu's malaria eventually turn into because he did not take good care of himself, according to Shen Fu?
(a) Whooping cough.
(d) Typhoid fever.
7. The _______ Garden was an area which boasted only a few disorderly piles of stones, according to Shen Fu.
8. The elders called in __________ for a performance during a dinner at the house, but Shen Fu and his friend decided to climb Han Mountain instead.
(a) Small boys.
9. What happened to the County Magistrate which led to Shen Fu's father being moved to Haining?
(b) He died of a disease.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was impeached.
10. The famous madam in the area named ________ was also there, dressed up like a flower drum lady.
11. What was so special about the place with the cave which Shen Fu would visit on the days when he didn't have classes?
(a) It was not accessible by land.
(b) It was a tourist spot.
(c) It was where Yun would go too.
(d) He would go with his father.
12. What can Yun and Shen Fu not bring with them when they go to move into the house of Hua?
13. How long did it take for Shen Fu's father to realize what had happened with Yun and to ask them to come home?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One month.
(c) Two years.
(d) One week.
14. At the Pleasant _____ Cave, Shen Fu drinks from the stream and finds that it satisfies his intense thirst.
15. When Yun and Shen Fu's son was twelve years old, he was studying ______ with a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the scent of the flowers overcame much of the dinner, what was the one ingredient which could not be overcome?
2. What was Shen Fu afraid that Yun would do during the debacle with the family and the accusations made of her?
3. To Shen Fu, the colored ________ were enough to make a person dizzy and the songs and music of the pipes could be overwhelming.
4. The madam of the first boat the Shen Fu and the others call to is called the Lady with the ____________ Hair.
5. Who suspected Yun of writing something improper about her when she wrote a letter for her?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)