|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yun decides that he and Shen Fu should leave at the morning of the ________ night watch in order to avoid capture and humiliation.
2. What was Shen Fu afraid that Yun would do during the debacle with the family and the accusations made of her?
(a) Run away.
(b) Hurt his family.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Commit suicide.
3. What did Shen Fu's malaria eventually turn into because he did not take good care of himself, according to Shen Fu?
(a) Typhoid fever.
(c) Whooping cough.
4. What was the last meal that Shen Fu and Yun shared before they left on their journey?
(a) Rice porridge.
5. Shen Fu admits there are usually retributions for one's own _______,but he does not see this to be the case with himself.
6. What can Yun and Shen Fu not bring with them when they go to move into the house of Hua?
7. What didn't Shen Fu and his friend Hsin-yueh do during the course of their friendship, according to Shen Fu?
8. Who does Yun say is timid and without much ability, which is why this person should be arranged in marriage now?
9. Who was about to visit many of the places which Shen Fu has the opportunity to visit in this section of the book?
(c) Shen Fu's father.
(d) Shen Fu's mother.
10. What is the name of the cave where Shen Fu would go with others in order to cool off? _________ Cave.
(c) Purple Cloud.
11. What was the nickname that Shen Fu's family gave to Yun when she was a part of the family?
(b) Third Lady.
12. When Shen Fu's father thinks he is dying, he tells Shen Fu to work with his friend to study to work in _________________.
(a) Government offices.
(b) The art world.
(c) A hospital.
(d) The military.
13. What does Shen Fu say increased as he and Yun began to have more and more debts in their name?
14. Shen Fu points out his father was helpful to marry off other people's daughters and to bring up their _________.
15. Yun noted that she would rather have Shen Fu's ______ blame her than to have the other relative unhappy with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shen Fu notes that _________ is a most generous gentleman, anxious to help those in trouble, whenever possible.
2. What happened to the County Magistrate which led to Shen Fu's father being moved to Haining?
3. Shen Fu's father said that since ____________ could write, this person could take over mother's letters for her.
4. While the scent of the flowers overcame much of the dinner, what was the one ingredient which could not be overcome?
5. The boatman suggests that the boys go to the village of _________ where his cousin lives, saying it has vacant land.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)