|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lighting of the ___________ is something that Yun wants to attend so badly that she convinces her husband to let her go, dressed as a man.
2. What was the giant that Shen Fu saw when he was concentrating all of his attention on two insects battling in the grass?
(a) His father.
(c) A man.
(d) A stone.
3. What does Yun say that she will bring with them when they decided to go for an adventure?
(a) Small stove.
(b) Her basket of food.
(c) A temple.
(d) Her clothing.
4. The proper training of a ______ takes at least thirty to forty years, and Shen Fu notes he has only known one man to achieve this task.
5. Hsing-lan was drunk, but he said that he could paint the flowers' ____________ even if he could not paint the portrait.
6. What does Yun say that they can bring with them in order to be able to have tea when she and Shen Fu are on an adventure?
(b) Their imagination.
(c) Earthenware pot.
(d) Money to buy one.
7. If there is a tall stand and shorter stands are spread around it, with the ones in the back being tall and the ones in the front being short, it is called a beautiful pile of _______, by some people.
8. What has become a cool and beautiful haven for young lovers in the area of Shen Fu's schooling?
(a) The rock garden.
9. When the project that Yun and Shen Fu are working on is finished, Shen Fu notes that the project has incurred the jealousy of __________.
(c) Their neighbors.
(d) The Emperor.
10. What was the skill of Lu Pan-fang, a man of many names within this particular section of the book?
11. Shen Fu tells the reader to prune away an excess leaves on a flower in order to make it look spare and ______________.
12. What was the sound that Shen Fu associated with cranes flying around in the air when he was a child?
(b) Bamboo stalks.
(c) Tea leaves.
13. Poor scholars who live in crowded houses should imitate the sterns of Taiping ___________ of Shen Fu's home country.
14. Yun showed the Huas how to make _______ which can be moved anywhere and incorporated into the scenery.
15. While the secretaries were very powerful, according to the Introduction, they were also very ____________, which caused them to be less respected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who once created a sketch of Shen Fu and Yun in a garden, according to the story?
2. What are Shen Fu and Yu living adjacent to when they live near the old woman?
3. Shen Fu tells the reader to create small scenes as lovely as ________ when adding detail in the pot with flowers and stones.
4. Who decides that Shen Fu needs to go home in order to complete his examinations during his schooling with with friend of his father's?
5. What did Shen Fu try to sell when his wife was ill and they needed to buy her medicine, though this venture was unsuccessful?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)