|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shen Fu says there should not be more than ___________ vases arranged on a table, according to his detailed writing.
2. Who prepared almost every single document that the magistrate would see during their daily work?
(b) No one.
3. What is the kind of bracelet that Han-yuan is wearing, which is thought to be a sign Han-yuan should live with Yun and Shen Fu?
4. Shen Fu decided to restore a peasant girl to her family when a man of influence wants to make her a _________.
(b) Second wife.
5. _______ stories in China are rare, so this might be one of the reasons why this book became so popular with the readers of the time.
6. What did Shen Fu use when he didn't have any pieces of stone to put around his narcissi?
7. Shen Fu imagines _________ flying through trees and mountains when he is lying the grass as a child.
8. What can one make if the pile up some dirt, then place stones on it and plants flowers and grass here and there?
(c) Ant hill.
(d) A landscape.
9. Shen Fu describes the fact that he was _____________ to take on the position as a secretary, which is not uncommon.
10. What was the favorite flower of Shen Fu during this part of the book, at least?
11. Who was the first translator of the book in 1935, according to the introduction of the book?
(a) Lin Yutang.
(b) Chang Ling.
(c) Ling Shuag.
(d) Lina Shuan.
12. What are Shen Fu and Yu living adjacent to when they live near the old woman?
(a) Vegatable garden.
(b) A cave.
(d) River temple.
13. The ___________ were one of the members of the yamen staff who were able to actually support themselves on their salaries.
(a) Board members.
14. Shen Fu and Yun worship the Old Man of the _________ as to ensure that they will be able to be together in their next life.
15. Yun showed the Huas how to make _______ which can be moved anywhere and incorporated into the scenery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that Yun and Shen Fu always had available when they had friends over to their home?
2. While the secretaries were very powerful, according to the Introduction, they were also very ____________, which caused them to be less respected.
3. Han-yuan is the __________ girl of whom Yun has become quite fond during some times together.
4. What was very common in Chinese cultures until just recently, though this did not necessarily happen with Shen Fu and Yun?
5. What does Yun leave for Shen Fu up until the day of their wedding day, something that gets her mocked by others?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)