|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yun suggest that Shen Fu take in order to create a powder which can then fill in the cracks of other stones?
(a) Food scraps.
(b) Poorer stones.
2. What does Yun say that they can bring with them in order to be able to have tea when she and Shen Fu are on an adventure?
(a) Money to buy one.
(c) Their imagination.
(d) Earthenware pot.
3. When trees and flowers are planted for the first time, it doesn't matter if they are planted ______________.
(b) In springtime.
(c) In winter.
(d) At an angle.
4. What does the Old Man arrange, according to the believe system of Shen Fu and Yun, which is why they worship him?
5. What was the highest position to which Shen Fu rose in the story, a lower position, though Shen Fu was content in it?
(b) Private secretary.
6. Shen Fu and Yun want to _______ themselves in the context of their love when they are reincarnated in their next lives.
7. Shen Fu was disgusted by the ________ of his friends, which is why he decided to leave the post at which he was stationed.
8. Han-yuan is the __________ girl of whom Yun has become quite fond during some times together.
9. What kind of parties did Shen Fu and Yun hold when they had nothing to do during a long summer?
10. What is not one of the categories of specialists into which the private secretaries might be divided, according to the book?
(a) Registration of documents.
(b) Tax collection.
11. What was the sound that Shen Fu associated with cranes flying around in the air when he was a child?
(a) Bamboo stalks.
(c) Tea leaves.
12. Shen Fu reminds the reader of a saying: "Even the ends of ____________ and sawdust have their uses."
13. What kind of seeds does Shen Fu suggest being ground off and put into an eggshell which can then be put with other chicken eggs?
(a) Calamus seeds.
(b) Lotus seeds.
(c) Blackberry seeds.
(d) Caraway seeds.
14. The ___________ were one of the members of the yamen staff who were able to actually support themselves on their salaries.
(c) Board members.
15. During the later part of what century was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Flowers, according to Shen Fu, should rise __________ from the mouth of the vase in one mass, not crowded in any one area.
2. Who decides that Shen Fu needs to go home in order to complete his examinations during his schooling with with friend of his father's?
3. Shen Fu decided to restore a peasant girl to her family when a man of influence wants to make her a _________.
4. Shen Fu describes the fact that he was _____________ to take on the position as a secretary, which is not uncommon.
5. Yun believes that having been to the festival, she has not lived a life in ____________, since she has seen such a beautiful pplace.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)