|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
2. What does Shen Fu seem to have specialized in, according to this skills when he was a secretary for the magistrate?
(b) Document registration.
3. What is the kind of bracelet that Han-yuan is wearing, which is thought to be a sign Han-yuan should live with Yun and Shen Fu?
4. What can one make if the pile up some dirt, then place stones on it and plants flowers and grass here and there?
(a) Ant hill.
(b) A landscape.
5. How many records seem to be missing from the manuscript which has been compiled about Shen Fu's life?
6. Han-yuan is the __________ girl of whom Yun has become quite fond during some times together.
7. Yun believes that having been to the festival, she has not lived a life in ____________, since she has seen such a beautiful pplace.
8. When the project that Yun and Shen Fu are working on is finished, Shen Fu notes that the project has incurred the jealousy of __________.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) Their neighbors.
9. The book was recently republished by the People's Literature ______ Society as this book is so well-loved among the readers.
(d) Romance Novel.
10. What was the favorite flower of Shen Fu during this part of the book, at least?
11. What was the sound that Shen Fu associated with cranes flying around in the air when he was a child?
(a) Tea leaves.
(c) Bamboo stalks.
12. What is not generally a part of Chinese literature, though this book tends to reveal more of these details than most books do?
(c) Family life.
(d) Everyday life.
13. Who discovers that Yun is dressed up as a man, which causes them to be discovered during the festival?
(a) A group of girls.
(b) Shen Fu's father.
(c) No one.
(d) A police officer.
14. Who is Han-yuan sold to, which saddens Yun very much upon finding out this information from another?
(a) The magistrate.
(b) Business man.
(c) Shen Fu's father.
(d) Shen Fu.
15. Shen Fu says that he defines frugality as knowing when to save _______________, according to his writings.
Short Answer Questions
1. The goal of many of Shen Fu's arrangement techniques is to make the plant look as though it had been grown from the _________.
2. What did Madam Hua have the girls learn from Yun when they were at this location in the story?
3. Shen Fu says there should not be more than ___________ vases arranged on a table, according to his detailed writing.
4. What are Shen Fu and Yu living adjacent to when they live near the old woman?
5. During the later part of what century was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)