|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Delights of Roaming Afar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first translator of the book in 1935, according to the introduction of the book?
(a) Ling Shuag.
(b) Chang Ling.
(c) Lina Shuan.
(d) Lin Yutang.
2. How long does Shen Fu's father give him and Yun to gather their affairs after learning of the money they owe?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
3. The boatman suggests that the boys go to the village of _________ where his cousin lives, saying it has vacant land.
4. The secretaries in _________, almost by definition at the time of the book, were failures in their lives, according to the Introduction.
5. Shen Fu describes the fact that he was _____________ to take on the position as a secretary, which is not uncommon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shen Fu use when he didn't have any pieces of stone to put around his narcissi?
2. Shen Fu tells the reader to prune away an excess leaves on a flower in order to make it look spare and ______________.
3. What would Shen Fu and Yun do if they were unable to pay for their expenses, though this did not work for long?
4. What does Yun suggest that Shen Fu take in order to create a powder which can then fill in the cracks of other stones?
5. The sage once tells Shen Fu that they should not use _______ with too fine a mesh as this will not allow them to catch anything.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)