|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Delights of Roaming Afar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened as Yun did the embroidery for the friend of Shen Fu?
(a) She became sicker.
(b) She died.
(c) She became better.
(d) She tried to commit suicide.
2. Shen Fu was one who accomplished a great feat in China, becoming ________, without becoming a literatus.
3. What was the more offensive name which Shen Fu's family gave to Yun when they were together?
(b) Third woman.
(c) Third wife.
(d) Third lady.
4. What does Yun suggest that Shen Fu take in order to create a powder which can then fill in the cracks of other stones?
(a) Poorer stones.
(c) Food scraps.
5. What should the roots of a potted tree look like when one is choosing between potted trees to raise?
(b) Chicken feet.
(d) Bamboo shoots.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the scent of the flowers overcame much of the dinner, what was the one ingredient which could not be overcome?
2. The sage once tells Shen Fu that they should not use _______ with too fine a mesh as this will not allow them to catch anything.
3. Shen Fu and Yun want to _______ themselves in the context of their love when they are reincarnated in their next lives.
4. Yun and Shen Fu arrange for their son to learn the business of ___________ with another man in order to help him get started in the world.
5. What did Shen Fu bite into, even as the others told him not to do so?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)