|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sorrows of Misfortune.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the guests write on the painting that Hsing-lan did after he was done with the work?
(a) Good luck wishes.
2. What can Yun and Shen Fu not bring with them when they go to move into the house of Hua?
3. The secretaries were not considered to be a part of the government and they were paid out of _____________, not the larger accounts.
(b) Personal funds.
(d) Tax loans.
4. Who was the only player who was allowed to think about their answers and a person who was considered an official paper?
(b) No one.
(d) Shen Fu.
5. Yun's friend was snatched away from her when a business man paid _______ golds for her and promised to take her to her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ were one of the members of the yamen staff who were able to actually support themselves on their salaries.
2. In what city was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
3. What was the highest position to which Shen Fu rose in the story, a lower position, though Shen Fu was content in it?
4. Shen Fu says there should not be more than ___________ vases arranged on a table, according to his detailed writing.
5. Shen Fu's father wanted to have someone in his home who had the same ____________, according to the book.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)