|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sorrows of Misfortune.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shen Fu's father wanted to have someone in his home who had the same ____________, according to the book.
2. What was very common in Chinese cultures until just recently, though this did not necessarily happen with Shen Fu and Yun?
(a) Arranged marriages.
(b) Loving relationships first.
(c) Marriage in childhood.
(d) Partnership, not marriage.
3. Shen Fu and Yun worship the Old Man of the _________ as to ensure that they will be able to be together in their next life.
4. What did Shen Fu try to sell when his wife was ill and they needed to buy her medicine, though this venture was unsuccessful?
5. What is the relationship between Yun and Shen Fu when they first meet during their lives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shen Fu use when he didn't have any pieces of stone to put around his narcissi?
2. Flowers, according to Shen Fu, should rise __________ from the mouth of the vase in one mass, not crowded in any one area.
3. Han-yuan is the __________ girl of whom Yun has become quite fond during some times together.
4. Yun decides that he and Shen Fu should leave at the morning of the ________ night watch in order to avoid capture and humiliation.
5. Yun was unable to go back to her mother to stay for a while since her mother ___________________.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)