|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sorrows of Misfortune.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Han-yuan sold to, which saddens Yun very much upon finding out this information from another?
(a) The magistrate.
(b) Shen Fu.
(c) Shen Fu's father.
(d) Business man.
2. What does Yun suggest that Shen Fu take in order to create a powder which can then fill in the cracks of other stones?
(b) Food scraps.
(c) Poorer stones.
3. The Lighting of the ___________ is something that Yun wants to attend so badly that she convinces her husband to let her go, dressed as a man.
4. What is the kind of bracelet that Han-yuan is wearing, which is thought to be a sign Han-yuan should live with Yun and Shen Fu?
5. Shen Fu notes that _________ is a most generous gentleman, anxious to help those in trouble, whenever possible.
(b) His wife's father.
(c) His father in law.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the secretaries were very powerful, according to the Introduction, they were also very ____________, which caused them to be less respected.
2. To show the small in the large, one can plant ____________ in a corner as it will grow tall and strong and quickly.
3. What kind of parties did Shen Fu and Yun hold when they had nothing to do during a long summer?
4. Shen Fu says that he defines frugality as knowing when to save _______________, according to his writings.
5. Who was the character that said, "I have lived a hard life, often away from home. I would like someone to live with me and serve me..."?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)