|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pleasures of Leisure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Han-yuan is the __________ girl of whom Yun has become quite fond during some times together.
2. Shen Fu describes the fact that he was _____________ to take on the position as a secretary, which is not uncommon.
3. Shen Fu reminds the reader of a saying: "Even the ends of ____________ and sawdust have their uses."
4. To show the small in the large, one can plant ____________ in a corner as it will grow tall and strong and quickly.
5. When the project that Yun and Shen Fu are working on is finished, Shen Fu notes that the project has incurred the jealousy of __________.
(a) The Emperor.
(d) Their neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Lighting of the ___________ is something that Yun wants to attend so badly that she convinces her husband to let her go, dressed as a man.
2. Who was the first translator of the book in 1935, according to the introduction of the book?
3. What was very common in Chinese cultures until just recently, though this did not necessarily happen with Shen Fu and Yun?
4. Shen Fu decided to restore a peasant girl to her family when a man of influence wants to make her a _________.
5. Shen Fu tells the reader to create small scenes as lovely as ________ when adding detail in the pot with flowers and stones.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)