|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pleasures of Leisure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The secretaries were not considered to be a part of the government and they were paid out of _____________, not the larger accounts.
(a) Personal funds.
(d) Tax loans.
2. How many records seem to be missing from the manuscript which has been compiled about Shen Fu's life?
3. What kind of parties did Shen Fu and Yun hold when they had nothing to do during a long summer?
4. The different categories in the book, according to Shen Fu, all add up to a __________ life in this book.
5. What does Yun do when Shen Fu is off studying with a friend of his father's, according to the book?
(a) Writes him letters.
(b) Takes a seamstress job.
(c) Takes on a lover.
(d) Decides to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Shen Fu and Yu living adjacent to when they live near the old woman?
2. What is the point of sawing halfway through a stem and inserting a small piece of brick or stone into the cut?
3. In what city was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
4. Shen Fu imagines _________ flying through trees and mountains when he is lying the grass as a child.
5. What was the skill of Lu Pan-fang, a man of many names within this particular section of the book?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)