|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pleasures of Leisure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When trees and flowers are planted for the first time, it doesn't matter if they are planted ______________.
(a) In winter.
(c) In springtime.
(d) At an angle.
2. Who discovers that Yun is dressed up as a man, which causes them to be discovered during the festival?
(a) No one.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Shen Fu's father.
(d) A group of girls.
3. The secretaries were not considered to be a part of the government and they were paid out of _____________, not the larger accounts.
(a) Personal funds.
(b) Tax loans.
4. What does Shen Fu always have on his desk when he was living at home, according to the book?
(a) A gardening book.
(b) A picture of Yun.
(c) A vase of flowers.
(d) A stone.
5. The secretaries in _________, almost by definition at the time of the book, were failures in their lives, according to the Introduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madam Hua have the girls learn from Yun when they were at this location in the story?
2. What did Shen Fu try to sell when his wife was ill and they needed to buy her medicine, though this venture was unsuccessful?
3. What is the one thing that Yun and Shen Fu always had available when they had friends over to their home?
4. Yun showed the Huas how to make _______ which can be moved anywhere and incorporated into the scenery.
5. While the secretaries were very powerful, according to the Introduction, they were also very ____________, which caused them to be less respected.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)