|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pleasures of Leisure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the rules, the magistrate might even be ignorant of the local _______ of the area in which he might be placed for his duties.
2. What is the relationship between Yun and Shen Fu when they first meet during their lives?
3. To show the small in the large, one can plant ____________ in a corner as it will grow tall and strong and quickly.
4. Who prepared almost every single document that the magistrate would see during their daily work?
(d) No one.
5. The secretaries in _________, almost by definition at the time of the book, were failures in their lives, according to the Introduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shen Fu tells the reader to prune away an excess leaves on a flower in order to make it look spare and ______________.
2. What does Yun leave for Shen Fu up until the day of their wedding day, something that gets her mocked by others?
3. What did the guests write on the painting that Hsing-lan did after he was done with the work?
4. _______ stories in China are rare, so this might be one of the reasons why this book became so popular with the readers of the time.
5. Shen Fu was disgusted by the ________ of his friends, which is why he decided to leave the post at which he was stationed.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)