|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pleasures of Leisure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The neighbor asks Yun if she knows the __________ with whom Shen Fu was drinking the night before, as they are on the return trip.
2. What is not generally a part of Chinese literature, though this book tends to reveal more of these details than most books do?
(a) Everyday life.
(b) Family life.
3. Yun showed the Huas how to make _______ which can be moved anywhere and incorporated into the scenery.
4. As a result of the rules, the magistrate might even be ignorant of the local _______ of the area in which he might be placed for his duties.
5. _______ stories in China are rare, so this might be one of the reasons why this book became so popular with the readers of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that Yun and Shen Fu always had available when they had friends over to their home?
2. What is the other name for the scrotum that is referenced in the first part of this section, as Shen Fu has an accident?
3. The flower arrangements Shen Fu prefers are those which are not stiff or _________ in their appearance.
4. What is the last date which can be supported as Shen Fu talked about working on the book at that time?
5. What is the point of sawing halfway through a stem and inserting a small piece of brick or stone into the cut?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)