|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pleasures of Leisure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of a person the Chinese culture who was a lover, but her sexual favors were not necessarily for sale?
2. Shen Fu describes the fact that he was _____________ to take on the position as a secretary, which is not uncommon.
3. When the project that Yun and Shen Fu are working on is finished, Shen Fu notes that the project has incurred the jealousy of __________.
(a) The Emperor.
(d) Their neighbors.
4. Shen Fu and Yun worship the Old Man of the _________ as to ensure that they will be able to be together in their next life.
5. Han-yuan is the __________ girl of whom Yun has become quite fond during some times together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hsing-lan was drunk, but he said that he could paint the flowers' ____________ even if he could not paint the portrait.
2. The secretaries were not considered to be a part of the government and they were paid out of _____________, not the larger accounts.
3. The neighbor asks Yun if she knows the __________ with whom Shen Fu was drinking the night before, as they are on the return trip.
4. Shen Fu and Yun want to _______ themselves in the context of their love when they are reincarnated in their next lives.
5. Yun believes that having been to the festival, she has not lived a life in ____________, since she has seen such a beautiful pplace.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)