|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pleasures of Leisure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Shen Fu and Yu living adjacent to when they live near the old woman?
(a) River temple.
(b) Vegatable garden.
(c) A cave.
2. Shen Fu says there should not be more than ___________ vases arranged on a table, according to his detailed writing.
3. What was the favorite flower of Shen Fu during this part of the book, at least?
4. The proper training of a ______ takes at least thirty to forty years, and Shen Fu notes he has only known one man to achieve this task.
5. What is the name of a person the Chinese culture who was a lover, but her sexual favors were not necessarily for sale?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can one make if the pile up some dirt, then place stones on it and plants flowers and grass here and there?
2. During the later part of what century was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
3. The flower arrangements Shen Fu prefers are those which are not stiff or _________ in their appearance.
4. Shen Fu tells the reader to prune away an excess leaves on a flower in order to make it look spare and ______________.
5. What does Yun say that they can bring with them in order to be able to have tea when she and Shen Fu are on an adventure?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)