|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Part I: Joys of the Wedding Chamber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ were one of the members of the yamen staff who were able to actually support themselves on their salaries.
(a) Board members.
2. What does Shen Fu seem to have specialized in, according to this skills when he was a secretary for the magistrate?
(d) Document registration.
3. The neighbor asks Yun if she knows the __________ with whom Shen Fu was drinking the night before, as they are on the return trip.
4. What is the kind of bracelet that Han-yuan is wearing, which is thought to be a sign Han-yuan should live with Yun and Shen Fu?
5. One of the largest empires in the world was led by men who knew more about the _______ of a thousand years before than about the tax law.
(c) Family trees.
(d) Caste systems.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chinese believed their leaders should be _____________ first and bureaucrats second, according to the Introduction.
2. As a result of the rules, the magistrate might even be ignorant of the local _______ of the area in which he might be placed for his duties.
3. During the later part of what century was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
4. The Chinese administrative practice was that a person could not be a magistrate in __________________.
5. Who prepared almost every single document that the magistrate would see during their daily work?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)