|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Part I: Joys of the Wedding Chamber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ were one of the members of the yamen staff who were able to actually support themselves on their salaries.
(b) Board members.
2. What is the relationship between Yun and Shen Fu when they first meet during their lives?
3. Who decides that Shen Fu needs to go home in order to complete his examinations during his schooling with with friend of his father's?
(a) Shen Fu's father.
(d) Shen Fu.
4. What does the Old Man arrange, according to the believe system of Shen Fu and Yun, which is why they worship him?
5. Shen Fu describes the fact that he was _____________ to take on the position as a secretary, which is not uncommon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Shen Fu say that he is when he realizes he doesn't want anyone else but Shen Fu?
2. The secretaries in _________, almost by definition at the time of the book, were failures in their lives, according to the Introduction.
3. The Lighting of the ___________ is something that Yun wants to attend so badly that she convinces her husband to let her go, dressed as a man.
4. The secretaries were not considered to be a part of the government and they were paid out of _____________, not the larger accounts.
5. _______ stories in China are rare, so this might be one of the reasons why this book became so popular with the readers of the time.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)