|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Part I: Joys of the Wedding Chamber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ stories in China are rare, so this might be one of the reasons why this book became so popular with the readers of the time.
2. The Chinese believed their leaders should be _____________ first and bureaucrats second, according to the Introduction.
(d) Family men.
3. What are Shen Fu and Yu living adjacent to when they live near the old woman?
(a) A cave.
(c) River temple.
(d) Vegatable garden.
4. The ___________ were one of the members of the yamen staff who were able to actually support themselves on their salaries.
(c) Board members.
5. How many records seem to be missing from the manuscript which has been compiled about Shen Fu's life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not generally a part of Chinese literature, though this book tends to reveal more of these details than most books do?
2. The neighbor asks Yun if she knows the __________ with whom Shen Fu was drinking the night before, as they are on the return trip.
3. In what city was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
4. Shen Fu was one who accomplished a great feat in China, becoming ________, without becoming a literatus.
5. The book was recently republished by the People's Literature ______ Society as this book is so well-loved among the readers.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)