|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Part I: Joys of the Wedding Chamber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man arrange, according to the believe system of Shen Fu and Yun, which is why they worship him?
2. The secretaries were not considered to be a part of the government and they were paid out of _____________, not the larger accounts.
(a) Personal funds.
(b) Tax loans.
3. What did Shen Fu try to sell when his wife was ill and they needed to buy her medicine, though this venture was unsuccessful?
4. Shen Fu was disgusted by the ________ of his friends, which is why he decided to leave the post at which he was stationed.
5. The Chinese believed their leaders should be _____________ first and bureaucrats second, according to the Introduction.
(b) Family men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
2. Who decides that Shen Fu needs to go home in order to complete his examinations during his schooling with with friend of his father's?
3. The Chinese administrative practice was that a person could not be a magistrate in __________________.
4. What does Yun do when Shen Fu is off studying with a friend of his father's, according to the book?
5. As a result of the rules, the magistrate might even be ignorant of the local _______ of the area in which he might be placed for his duties.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)