|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Part I: Joys of the Wedding Chamber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shen Fu try to sell when his wife was ill and they needed to buy her medicine, though this venture was unsuccessful?
2. _______ stories in China are rare, so this might be one of the reasons why this book became so popular with the readers of the time.
3. Shen Fu and Yun worship the Old Man of the _________ as to ensure that they will be able to be together in their next life.
4. The Lighting of the ___________ is something that Yun wants to attend so badly that she convinces her husband to let her go, dressed as a man.
5. The training that Shen Fu receives when he was growing up was to prepare him for a position as a scholar-________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers that Yun is dressed up as a man, which causes them to be discovered during the festival?
2. The secretaries were not considered to be a part of the government and they were paid out of _____________, not the larger accounts.
3. What could Shen Fu have taken on in order to ensure that he was able to pay for the medicine that Yun needed?
4. What is the kind of bracelet that Han-yuan is wearing, which is thought to be a sign Han-yuan should live with Yun and Shen Fu?
5. What is not one of the categories of specialists into which the private secretaries might be divided, according to the book?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)