|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Part I: Joys of the Wedding Chamber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man arrange, according to the believe system of Shen Fu and Yun, which is why they worship him?
2. During the later part of what century was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
3. What was very common in Chinese cultures until just recently, though this did not necessarily happen with Shen Fu and Yun?
(a) Arranged marriages.
(b) Marriage in childhood.
(c) Partnership, not marriage.
(d) Loving relationships first.
4. What is the relationship between Yun and Shen Fu when they first meet during their lives?
5. The book was recently republished by the People's Literature ______ Society as this book is so well-loved among the readers.
(d) Romance Novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shen Fu seem to have specialized in, according to this skills when he was a secretary for the magistrate?
2. The Chinese administrative practice was that a person could not be a magistrate in __________________.
3. Shen Fu was disgusted by the ________ of his friends, which is why he decided to leave the post at which he was stationed.
4. Who discovers that Yun is dressed up as a man, which causes them to be discovered during the festival?
5. Who was the first translator of the book in 1935, according to the introduction of the book?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)