|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Part I: Joys of the Wedding Chamber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has become a cool and beautiful haven for young lovers in the area of Shen Fu's schooling?
(d) The rock garden.
2. What did Shen Fu try to sell when his wife was ill and they needed to buy her medicine, though this venture was unsuccessful?
3. What is not generally a part of Chinese literature, though this book tends to reveal more of these details than most books do?
(a) Family life.
(b) Everyday life.
4. While the secretaries were very powerful, according to the Introduction, they were also very ____________, which caused them to be less respected.
5. Yun believes that having been to the festival, she has not lived a life in ____________, since she has seen such a beautiful pplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Han-yuan sold to, which saddens Yun very much upon finding out this information from another?
2. What is not one of the categories of specialists into which the private secretaries might be divided, according to the book?
3. One of the largest empires in the world was led by men who knew more about the _______ of a thousand years before than about the tax law.
4. Shen Fu describes the fact that he was _____________ to take on the position as a secretary, which is not uncommon.
5. The bedroom that Shen Fu and Yun share is called - "The Pavilion of My Guest's _______________."
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)