|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Part I: Joys of the Wedding Chamber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The training that Shen Fu receives when he was growing up was to prepare him for a position as a scholar-________________.
2. What has become a cool and beautiful haven for young lovers in the area of Shen Fu's schooling?
(d) The rock garden.
3. How many records seem to be missing from the manuscript which has been compiled about Shen Fu's life?
4. The secretaries were not considered to be a part of the government and they were paid out of _____________, not the larger accounts.
(b) Tax loans.
(d) Personal funds.
5. Shen Fu was one who accomplished a great feat in China, becoming ________, without becoming a literatus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the categories of specialists into which the private secretaries might be divided, according to the book?
2. Who discovers that Yun is dressed up as a man, which causes them to be discovered during the festival?
3. Who prepared almost every single document that the magistrate would see during their daily work?
4. Shen Fu and Yun worship the Old Man of the _________ as to ensure that they will be able to be together in their next life.
5. What is the last date which can be supported as Shen Fu talked about working on the book at that time?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)