|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Delights of Roaming Afar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The gravekeeper made a soup out of __________, which looked like pears when they were dug up from the ground.
(c) Sugar cane.
2. What does Yun do when Shen Fu is off studying with a friend of his father's, according to the book?
(a) Takes a seamstress job.
(b) Decides to get married.
(c) Writes him letters.
(d) Takes on a lover.
3. What was the last meal that Shen Fu and Yun shared before they left on their journey?
(c) Rice porridge.
4. What happened as Yun did the embroidery for the friend of Shen Fu?
(a) She tried to commit suicide.
(b) She died.
(c) She became better.
(d) She became sicker.
5. The Nine _______ Garden near the South Gate, is the most naturally charming, according to Shen Fu when he is writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The flower arrangements Shen Fu prefers are those which are not stiff or _________ in their appearance.
2. The secretaries in _________, almost by definition at the time of the book, were failures in their lives, according to the Introduction.
3. What does Yun say that they can bring with them in order to be able to have tea when she and Shen Fu are on an adventure?
4. The ___________ were one of the members of the yamen staff who were able to actually support themselves on their salaries.
5. What did Shen Fu's father notice was different about the letters Yun had been writing for Shen Fu's mother?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)