|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pleasures of Leisure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shen Fu describes the fact that he was _____________ to take on the position as a secretary, which is not uncommon.
2. To show the small in the large, one can plant ____________ in a corner as it will grow tall and strong and quickly.
3. What was the skill of Lu Pan-fang, a man of many names within this particular section of the book?
4. What is the point of sawing halfway through a stem and inserting a small piece of brick or stone into the cut?
(a) There isn't.
(b) To create a tree-like appearance.
(c) Making a curve.
(d) To make the stem shorter.
5. What does Yun say that she will bring with them when they decided to go for an adventure?
(a) Her basket of food.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Small stove.
(d) A temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ stories in China are rare, so this might be one of the reasons why this book became so popular with the readers of the time.
2. If there is a tall stand and shorter stands are spread around it, with the ones in the back being tall and the ones in the front being short, it is called a beautiful pile of _______, by some people.
3. Who was the only player who was allowed to think about their answers and a person who was considered an official paper?
4. The book was recently republished by the People's Literature ______ Society as this book is so well-loved among the readers.
5. Shen Fu says there should not be more than ___________ vases arranged on a table, according to his detailed writing.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)