|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pleasures of Leisure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not generally a part of Chinese literature, though this book tends to reveal more of these details than most books do?
(b) Family life.
(c) Everyday life.
2. What does Yun do when Shen Fu is off studying with a friend of his father's, according to the book?
(a) Takes on a lover.
(b) Decides to get married.
(c) Takes a seamstress job.
(d) Writes him letters.
3. When trees and flowers are planted for the first time, it doesn't matter if they are planted ______________.
(a) In winter.
(b) At an angle.
(c) In springtime.
4. How many records seem to be missing from the manuscript which has been compiled about Shen Fu's life?
5. Hsing-lan was drunk, but he said that he could paint the flowers' ____________ even if he could not paint the portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
2. Shen Fu decided to restore a peasant girl to her family when a man of influence wants to make her a _________.
3. What does Shen Fu always have on his desk when he was living at home, according to the book?
4. What does Shen Fu seem to have specialized in, according to this skills when he was a secretary for the magistrate?
5. While the secretaries were very powerful, according to the Introduction, they were also very ____________, which caused them to be less respected.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)