|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pleasures of Leisure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the largest empires in the world was led by men who knew more about the _______ of a thousand years before than about the tax law.
(b) Family trees.
(d) Caste systems.
2. What does Shen Fu say should be different in height, but they should also be in proportion to each other so there is an attractive relationship between them?
3. What was the skill of Lu Pan-fang, a man of many names within this particular section of the book?
4. While the secretaries were very powerful, according to the Introduction, they were also very ____________, which caused them to be less respected.
5. What is the kind of bracelet that Han-yuan is wearing, which is thought to be a sign Han-yuan should live with Yun and Shen Fu?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the highest position to which Shen Fu rose in the story, a lower position, though Shen Fu was content in it?
2. Shen Fu tells the reader to prune away an excess leaves on a flower in order to make it look spare and ______________.
3. The Lighting of the ___________ is something that Yun wants to attend so badly that she convinces her husband to let her go, dressed as a man.
4. Shen Fu reminds the reader of a saying: "Even the ends of ____________ and sawdust have their uses."
5. What does Yun say that they can bring with them in order to be able to have tea when she and Shen Fu are on an adventure?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)