|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pleasures of Leisure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shen Fu and Yun worship the Old Man of the _________ as to ensure that they will be able to be together in their next life.
2. What did Madam Hua have the girls learn from Yun when they were at this location in the story?
3. During the later part of what century was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
4. To show the small in the large, one can plant ____________ in a corner as it will grow tall and strong and quickly.
5. Who did Shen Fu pay money to in order to have him come with Shen Fu and Yun the next day to cook for them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yun suggest that Shen Fu take in order to create a powder which can then fill in the cracks of other stones?
2. Hsing-lan was drunk, but he said that he could paint the flowers' ____________ even if he could not paint the portrait.
3. What does Shen Fu always have on his desk when he was living at home, according to the book?
4. What should a person use to strengthen a plant when the stem begins to fall over, according to Shen Fu's instructions?
5. _______ stories in China are rare, so this might be one of the reasons why this book became so popular with the readers of the time.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)