|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sorrows of Misfortune.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of seeds does Shen Fu suggest being ground off and put into an eggshell which can then be put with other chicken eggs?
(a) Lotus seeds.
(b) Blackberry seeds.
(c) Calamus seeds.
(d) Caraway seeds.
2. Shen Fu tells the reader to create small scenes as lovely as ________ when adding detail in the pot with flowers and stones.
3. What does Shen Fu say increased as he and Yun began to have more and more debts in their name?
4. How long does Shen Fu's father give him and Yun to gather their affairs after learning of the money they owe?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two months.
5. What is the kind of bracelet that Han-yuan is wearing, which is thought to be a sign Han-yuan should live with Yun and Shen Fu?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yun say that she will bring with them when they decided to go for an adventure?
2. Who does Yun say is timid and without much ability, which is why this person should be arranged in marriage now?
3. Shen Fu reminds the reader of a quote from the ancients: "Lack of ________ in a woman is a virtue."
4. What can Yun and Shen Fu not bring with them when they go to move into the house of Hua?
5. If there is a tall stand and shorter stands are spread around it, with the ones in the back being tall and the ones in the front being short, it is called a beautiful pile of _______, by some people.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)