|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sorrows of Misfortune.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shen Fu's father notice was different about the letters Yun had been writing for Shen Fu's mother?
(a) The content.
(b) The color.
(c) The handwriting.
(d) The tone.
2. Yun was unable to go back to her mother to stay for a while since her mother ___________________.
(a) Did not want her to come home.
(b) Was too ill.
(c) Was dead.
(d) Was missing.
3. What happened as Yun did the embroidery for the friend of Shen Fu?
(a) She tried to commit suicide.
(b) She died.
(c) She became sicker.
(d) She became better.
4. Yun was hired to embroider the _________ Sutra for a friend when she was having one of her more healthy times.
5. What was the last meal that Shen Fu and Yun shared before they left on their journey?
(d) Rice porridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. The goal of many of Shen Fu's arrangement techniques is to make the plant look as though it had been grown from the _________.
2. What does Shen Fu say increased as he and Yun began to have more and more debts in their name?
3. While Shen Fu's favorite flower doesn't have a __________, the colors are long-lasting and they are easy to prune.
4. Shen Fu reminds the reader of a saying: "Even the ends of ____________ and sawdust have their uses."
5. What does Yun say that they can bring with them in order to be able to have tea when she and Shen Fu are on an adventure?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)