|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sorrows of Misfortune.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yun decides that he and Shen Fu should leave at the morning of the ________ night watch in order to avoid capture and humiliation.
2. What did Shen Fu and Yun's daughter deny she was feeling, even though it was apparent that she was?
3. What did Shen Fu's father notice was different about the letters Yun had been writing for Shen Fu's mother?
(a) The handwriting.
(b) The tone.
(c) The content.
(d) The color.
4. Shen Fu admits there are usually retributions for one's own _______,but he does not see this to be the case with himself.
5. What did Shen Fu try to sell when his wife was ill and they needed to buy her medicine, though this venture was unsuccessful?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of sawing halfway through a stem and inserting a small piece of brick or stone into the cut?
2. What does Yun suggest that Shen Fu take in order to create a powder which can then fill in the cracks of other stones?
3. What was the giant that Shen Fu saw when he was concentrating all of his attention on two insects battling in the grass?
4. What is the name of a person the Chinese culture who was a lover, but her sexual favors were not necessarily for sale?
5. Who suspected Yun of writing something improper about her when she wrote a letter for her?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)