|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Sorrows of Misfortune.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees with the plan that Shen Fu and Yun have in place, even though it seems strange he would agree to it?
(a) The Westerner.
(b) The bank.
(c) Shen Fu's father.
(d) Shen Fu's mother.
2. What did Shen Fu try to sell when his wife was ill and they needed to buy her medicine, though this venture was unsuccessful?
3. Flowers, according to Shen Fu, should rise __________ from the mouth of the vase in one mass, not crowded in any one area.
4. What kind of seeds does Shen Fu suggest being ground off and put into an eggshell which can then be put with other chicken eggs?
(a) Lotus seeds.
(b) Calamus seeds.
(c) Caraway seeds.
(d) Blackberry seeds.
5. The book was recently republished by the People's Literature ______ Society as this book is so well-loved among the readers.
(c) Romance Novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the more offensive name which Shen Fu's family gave to Yun when they were together?
2. Yun's friend was snatched away from her when a business man paid _______ golds for her and promised to take her to her mother.
3. What happened as Yun did the embroidery for the friend of Shen Fu?
4. Yun showed the Huas how to make _______ which can be moved anywhere and incorporated into the scenery.
5. What is the name of the girl that Yun finds for Shen Fu's father when he makes a request for a companion?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)