Introduction and Part I: Joys of the Wedding Chamber
1. In what city was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
2. During the later part of what century was Shen Fu born, according to the introduction of the book?
3. How many records seem to be missing from the manuscript which has been compiled about Shen Fu's life?
4. What is the name of a person the Chinese culture who was a lover, but her sexual favors were not necessarily for sale?
5. What was very common in Chinese cultures until just recently, though this did not necessarily happen with Shen Fu and Yun?
(a) Arranged marriages.
(b) Partnership, not marriage.
(c) Marriage in childhood.
(d) Loving relationships first.
6. The book was recently republished by the People's Literature ______ Society as this book is so well-loved among the readers.
(d) Romance Novel.
This section contains 4,643 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)