Introduction and Part I: Joys of the Wedding Chamber
• The story is written in categories, as opposed to being a straightforward narrative.
• Shen Fu is an educated man who decided to take up a different position than the one for which he was educated.
• This manuscript is not complete, according to the Introduction.
• Shen Fu and his wife, Yun, met as children.
• The husband and wife hope to be reincarnated and meet each other again, as different genders.
• Shen Fu and Yun are a very close couple when they are married.
• The couple does nearly everything together in their lives.
• Yun goes to the Lighting of the Flowers, dressed as a man.
• Han-yuan tries to procure herself for the couple, saying she is destined to belong to them.
The Pleasures of Leisure
• Shen Fu wants to record the memories of the simplest pleasures.
• Shen Fu has a deep...
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)