|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name was on the passes that Marcus used to show that he wasn't near the massacre in 1864?
2. According to Teck, what is the name of the man who the Nazi's are looking for?
3. Who yells at Nick to get the "hello out of here"?
4. How much money do the de Brancovis have?
5. Where is Teck planning to go in the evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the last act of "The Autumn Garden" open?
2. What is Carrie upset at her son?
3. What happens in the last scene of "The Autumn Garden"?
4. Discuss Max from Kurt's perspective.
5. What does Oscar want to do with his life?
6. Where is the location of the Tuckerman home featured in "The Autumn Garden"?
7. What is Teck's proposal to Kurt and then to David and Fanny?
8. What situation has Rose so upset in Act I of "The Autumn Garden"?
9. What is the description of Kurt that Teck has?
10. Describe the living room of the Farrelly house in "Watch on the Rhine."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Another Part of the Forest," Lavinia is obsessed with atoning for her sin. What is her sin? Does any other character feel the need for atonement or is atonement forced upon a character?
Essay Topic 2
Dialogue is the central way in which readers or views learn about characters. Choose a passage from "The Children's Hour" and explain how it helped you better understand a specific character.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the social issues present in "Six Plays by Lillian Hellman."
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)