|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Teck planning to go in the evening?
2. What is Ben's weekly salary from his father?
3. How old is David Farrelly?
4. Who tells Sara to tie the sash of her dress?
5. Which of the characters in "Watch on the Rhine" is the reader told is 63 years old?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the details of Ben's blackmailing of his father?
2. What happens in the last scene of "The Autumn Garden"?
3. What is Teck's proposal to Kurt and then to David and Fanny?
4. Describe Sara's appearance in Act I of "Watch on the Rhine."
5. How does the last act of "The Autumn Garden" open?
6. What action does Kurt take against Teck in Act III of "Watch on the Rhone" for the cause?
7. Discuss Max from Kurt's perspective.
8. Why is Lavinia so upset in Act I of "Another Part of the Forest"?
9. What is Carrie upset at her son?
10. Why is Oscar angry at Sam Taylor in "Another Part of the Forest"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gossip is an issue in both "The Children's Hour" and "The Autumn Garden." Discuss the power and effects of gossip as presented in these plays.
Essay Topic 2
"The Autumn Garden" presents the themes of fear and the pain of loneliness. Analyze this and discuss other plays in which the theme of dealing with fear and loneliness is present.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the six plays and discuss its symbolism.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)