|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lavinia think that her daughter looks like when she doesn't frown?
2. What ship were the Ellis family planning to sail to Europe on?
3. Where does Sara arrange for a flight to?
4. How many years after World War I did the incident that Kurt refers to of five hundred Germans walking through Madrid streets occur?
5. Whose portrait is hanging in the living room of the Farrelly home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the last act of "The Autumn Garden" open?
2. Why is Oscar angry at Sam Taylor in "Another Part of the Forest"?
3. Why is Lavinia so upset in Act I of "Another Part of the Forest"?
4. How many children does Sara have, and what are their ages.
5. What are the details of Ben's blackmailing of his father?
6. Describe the living room of the Farrelly house in "Watch on the Rhine."
7. Discuss Max from Kurt's perspective.
8. What news is revealed to Kurt in a phone call that Teck learns at the Embassy poker game?
9. Why did Sara and her family arrive to the Farrelly house earlier than expected?
10. What is Carrie upset at her son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Little Foxes" and "Another Part of the Forest" use the same main cast of characters at different times in their lives. Compare the two plays.
Essay Topic 2
The need for power or control is an important theme dominant in these six plays. Choose two plays and compare and contrast the theme of power and control in the plays.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the setting in terms of the era of "The Children's Hour" shows the theme of the play.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)