|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Marthe marry Teck?
2. What was Teck's vocation once?
3. What is the name of the outlaw radio station in Europe in "Watch on the Rhine"?
4. Who complains of the whole house being damp in Act II of "The Autumn Garden"?
5. What train is Nina planning on taking to leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gossip is an issue in both "The Children's Hour" and "The Autumn Garden." Discuss the power and effects of gossip as presented in these plays.
Essay Topic 2
Homosexuality is a theme in two of the plays. Identify which plays and compare how Hellman uses homosexuality in the plot.
Essay Topic 3
The need for power or control is an important theme dominant in these six plays. Choose two plays and compare and contrast the theme of power and control in the plays.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)