|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two mummies that Regina refers to?
2. What did David give to Marthe?
3. What was Teck's vocation once?
4. What drink does Teck agree to accept from Kurt?
5. Who is told that she can skip church in "The Autumn Garden"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities are the characters engaging in as Act II of "Watch on the Rhine" opens?
2. What packages has Marthe brought to the house in Act II of "Watch on the Rhine"?
3. What is the description of Kurt that Teck has?
4. How many children does Sara have, and what are their ages.
5. What are the details of Ben's blackmailing of his father?
6. What does Oscar want to do with his life?
7. What is Constance doing and how is she dressed when Act II of "The Autumn Garden" begins?
8. What situation has Rose so upset in Act I of "The Autumn Garden"?
9. Lavinia reveals in Act III that God has told her to tell the "awful truth." What is the awful truth that she's referring to?
10. Where is the location of the Tuckerman home featured in "The Autumn Garden"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the function of the now deceased Joshua Farrelly on events in "Watch on the Rhine."
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the setting in terms of the era of "The Children's Hour" shows the theme of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Julie in "Days to Come" is a character who seems to be searching for meaning in her life. She tells Whalen that she's been busy find out about herself. Discuss what Julie is looking for and what she has found out about her self and her desires.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)