|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Marcus get for a little bag of salt during the war?
2. What does Sara call a very French thing that Anise does?
3. How many languages do the Muller children speak?
4. Who is singing in "Another Part of the Forest" when Act III begins?
5. How old are General Griggs and his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action does Kurt take against Teck in Act III of "Watch on the Rhone" for the cause?
2. Describe Sara's appearance in Act I of "Watch on the Rhine."
3. Why did Sara and her family arrive to the Farrelly house earlier than expected?
4. How does the last act of "The Autumn Garden" open?
5. Describe the living room of the Farrelly house in "Watch on the Rhine."
6. What is the scene when the curtain rises in Act II of "Another Part of the Forest"?
7. What is Teck's proposal to Kurt and then to David and Fanny?
8. Discuss Max from Kurt's perspective.
9. What packages has Marthe brought to the house in Act II of "Watch on the Rhine"?
10. What activities are the characters engaging in as Act II of "Watch on the Rhine" opens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author's use of stage directions affect your understanding of the plays.
Essay Topic 2
"The Little Foxes" and "Another Part of the Forest" use the same main cast of characters at different times in their lives. Compare the two plays.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the social issues present in "Six Plays by Lillian Hellman."
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)