|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Autumn Garden" first produced for the public?
2. How long was John in the war?
3. When Ben Hubbard first appears in Act I of "Another Part of the Forest," who is behind him?
4. According to Fanny, who is in California?
5. What does Fanny plan on she and Kurt playing for Babette's birthday party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julie in "Days to Come" is a character who seems to be searching for meaning in her life. She tells Whalen that she's been busy find out about herself. Discuss what Julie is looking for and what she has found out about her self and her desires.
Essay Topic 2
Dialogue is the central way in which readers or views learn about characters. Choose a passage from "The Children's Hour" and explain how it helped you better understand a specific character.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author's use of stage directions affect your understanding of the plays.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)