|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. in "Watch on the Rhine," who claims that his "soul doesn't have to be so nice and clean"?
2. Who is singing in "Another Part of the Forest" when Act III begins?
3. How much did Marcus get for a little bag of salt during the war?
4. According to Fanny, who is in California?
5. Which of the characters in "Watch on the Rhine" is the reader told is 63 years old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lavinia so upset in Act I of "Another Part of the Forest"?
2. Describe Sara's appearance in Act I of "Watch on the Rhine."
3. What is Carrie upset at her son?
4. Lavinia reveals in Act III that God has told her to tell the "awful truth." What is the awful truth that she's referring to?
5. Why did Sara and her family arrive to the Farrelly house earlier than expected?
6. What action does Kurt take against Teck in Act III of "Watch on the Rhone" for the cause?
7. What activities are the characters engaging in as Act II of "Watch on the Rhine" opens?
8. Discuss Max from Kurt's perspective.
9. Describe the living room of the Farrelly house in "Watch on the Rhine."
10. What packages has Marthe brought to the house in Act II of "Watch on the Rhine"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the six plays and discuss its symbolism.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the social issues present in "Six Plays by Lillian Hellman."
Essay Topic 3
Julie in "Days to Come" is a character who seems to be searching for meaning in her life. She tells Whalen that she's been busy find out about herself. Discuss what Julie is looking for and what she has found out about her self and her desires.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)