|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom did Teck obtain his list of 63 names of people wanted by the Fascists?
2. What year did Marthe marry Teck?
3. Marthe arrives with dresses. What store do the dresses come from?
4. Who tells Sara to tie the sash of her dress?
5. How old is David Farrelly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the description of Kurt that Teck has?
2. What happens in the last scene of "The Autumn Garden"?
3. How does the last act of "The Autumn Garden" open?
4. Discuss Max from Kurt's perspective.
5. Lavinia reveals in Act III that God has told her to tell the "awful truth." What is the awful truth that she's referring to?
6. Describe the living room of the Farrelly house in "Watch on the Rhine."
7. What are the details of Ben's blackmailing of his father?
8. Where is the location of the Tuckerman home featured in "The Autumn Garden"?
9. What action does Kurt take against Teck in Act III of "Watch on the Rhone" for the cause?
10. What is Constance doing and how is she dressed when Act II of "The Autumn Garden" begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Autumn Garden" presents the themes of fear and the pain of loneliness. Analyze this and discuss other plays in which the theme of dealing with fear and loneliness is present.
Essay Topic 2
The need for power or control is an important theme dominant in these six plays. Choose two plays and compare and contrast the theme of power and control in the plays.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the six plays and discuss its symbolism.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)