|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells at Nick to get the "hello out of here"?
2. What train is Nina planning on taking to leave?
3. How many languages do the Muller children speak?
4. In "The Autumn Garden," who comments about a "juke-box song called Constance"?
5. Who tells Sara to tie the sash of her dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Kurt's plans in coming to America?
2. What happens in the last scene of "The Autumn Garden"?
3. What does Oscar want to do with his life?
4. What are the details of Ben's blackmailing of his father?
5. Why did Sara and her family arrive to the Farrelly house earlier than expected?
6. Discuss Max from Kurt's perspective.
7. Describe the living room of the Farrelly house in "Watch on the Rhine."
8. Why is Lavinia so upset in Act I of "Another Part of the Forest"?
9. What situation has Rose so upset in Act I of "The Autumn Garden"?
10. How many children does Sara have, and what are their ages.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the characterization of women that author Hellman uses in each of the six plays. How does the vividness of the lead female characters compare to that of the male characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the social issues present in "Six Plays by Lillian Hellman."
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role of Greek culture presented in "Another Part of the Forest."
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)