|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money do the de Brancovis have?
2. How many new dresses has Regina purchased in Act of "Another Part of the Forest"?
3. Who are the two mummies that Regina refers to?
4. Whose portrait is hanging in the living room of the Farrelly home?
5. In "The Autumn Garden," who says, "you are a girl who should love"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What packages has Marthe brought to the house in Act II of "Watch on the Rhine"?
2. What is Constance doing and how is she dressed when Act II of "The Autumn Garden" begins?
3. What activities are the characters engaging in as Act II of "Watch on the Rhine" opens?
4. What is the description of Kurt that Teck has?
5. What is Carrie upset at her son?
6. What does Oscar want to do with his life?
7. How does the last act of "The Autumn Garden" open?
8. What situation has Rose so upset in Act I of "The Autumn Garden"?
9. What are Kurt's plans in coming to America?
10. Describe the living room of the Farrelly house in "Watch on the Rhine."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of Greek culture presented in "Another Part of the Forest."
Essay Topic 2
Describe the function of the now deceased Joshua Farrelly on events in "Watch on the Rhine."
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the six plays by Lillian Hellman and analyze it. Explain the theme, plot, and characterization of that play.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)