|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fanny plan on she and Kurt playing for Babette's birthday party?
2. Who does Nick claim is trying to be genteel?
3. In "The Autumn Garden", who says "Come back to me without shame in wanting to"?
4. According to David, what flies open for Anise?
5. What does Laurette call Oscar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What situation has Rose so upset in Act I of "The Autumn Garden"?
2. Why is Oscar angry at Sam Taylor in "Another Part of the Forest"?
3. What packages has Marthe brought to the house in Act II of "Watch on the Rhine"?
4. Where is the location of the Tuckerman home featured in "The Autumn Garden"?
5. Describe the living room of the Farrelly house in "Watch on the Rhine."
6. What is the description of Kurt that Teck has?
7. How does the last act of "The Autumn Garden" open?
8. How many children does Sara have, and what are their ages.
9. What is Constance doing and how is she dressed when Act II of "The Autumn Garden" begins?
10. Why did Sara and her family arrive to the Farrelly house earlier than expected?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julie in "Days to Come" is a character who seems to be searching for meaning in her life. She tells Whalen that she's been busy find out about herself. Discuss what Julie is looking for and what she has found out about her self and her desires.
Essay Topic 2
"The Autumn Garden" presents the themes of fear and the pain of loneliness. Analyze this and discuss other plays in which the theme of dealing with fear and loneliness is present.
Essay Topic 3
Homosexuality is a theme in two of the plays. Identify which plays and compare how Hellman uses homosexuality in the plot.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)