|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does Teck agree to accept from Kurt?
2. Whose portrait is hanging in the living room of the Farrelly home?
3. What does Kurt confess to?
4. Where is Teck planning to go in the evening?
5. How many languages do the Muller children speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the last scene of "The Autumn Garden"?
2. Where is the location of the Tuckerman home featured in "The Autumn Garden"?
3. What action does Kurt take against Teck in Act III of "Watch on the Rhone" for the cause?
4. What activities are the characters engaging in as Act II of "Watch on the Rhine" opens?
5. What is Constance doing and how is she dressed when Act II of "The Autumn Garden" begins?
6. Why is Lavinia so upset in Act I of "Another Part of the Forest"?
7. What news is revealed to Kurt in a phone call that Teck learns at the Embassy poker game?
8. What is the scene when the curtain rises in Act II of "Another Part of the Forest"?
9. What is Teck's proposal to Kurt and then to David and Fanny?
10. What situation has Rose so upset in Act I of "The Autumn Garden"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the six plays and discuss its symbolism.
Essay Topic 2
Dialogue is the central way in which readers or views learn about characters. Choose a passage from "The Children's Hour" and explain how it helped you better understand a specific character.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the social issues present in "Six Plays by Lillian Hellman."
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)