|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has told Horace not to drink much coffee?
2. How does Ben alter Henry Frick's saying about investments?
3. What nickname does Alexandra go by with members of her family?
4. Who claims to have "always been lucky"?
5. Who advises Andrew to stay away from downtown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the location of the Tuckerman home featured in "The Autumn Garden"?
2. How does Wilkie talk Julie out of telling her husband the truth about Whalen's whereabouts when the murder takes place?
3. According to Leo, what is in Horace's safety deposit box?
4. How does Mrs. Tilford find out that she was wrong to accuse Karen and Martha?
5. What news is revealed to Kurt in a phone call that Teck learns at the Embassy poker game?
6. Why did Sara and her family arrive to the Farrelly house earlier than expected?
7. How is Leo Whalen described in "Days to Come"?
8. Why does Karen break off her engagement with Joe?
9. What are some of the things that Cora complains about during the first act of "Days to Come"?
10. What does Martha realize after learning that Joe and Karen broke up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Autumn Garden" presents the themes of fear and the pain of loneliness. Analyze this and discuss other plays in which the theme of dealing with fear and loneliness is present.
Essay Topic 2
In "Another Part of the Forest," Lavinia is obsessed with atoning for her sin. What is her sin? Does any other character feel the need for atonement or is atonement forced upon a character?
Essay Topic 3
Gossip is an issue in both "The Children's Hour" and "The Autumn Garden." Discuss the power and effects of gossip as presented in these plays.
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)