|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Horace set aside for Addie?
2. Where is the setting for "Little Foxes"?
3. Where does "Days to Come" take place?
4. What are Lois and Catherine studying frantically in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
5. How does Ben alter Henry Frick's saying about investments?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Rodman living room in "Days to Come."
2. Why does Mossie kill Easter?
3. How does Mrs. Tilford find out that she was wrong to accuse Karen and Martha?
4. Who is Lily Mortar?
5. What does Regina want in exchange for the bonds, and what will she do if she doesn't get it?
6. What does Martha realize after learning that Joe and Karen broke up?
7. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
8. What does Horace tell Regina he is doing about the stolen bonds and the inheritances he will leave?
9. In "The Little Foxes," Birdie cries out at the end of Act I. What reason does she give Alexandra, and what really happened?
10. Why is Whalen trying to keep the laborers from fighting with the strike breakers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Homosexuality is a theme in two of the plays. Identify which plays and compare how Hellman uses homosexuality in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author's use of stage directions affect your understanding of the plays.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role of Greek culture presented in "Another Part of the Forest."
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)