|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Birdie, where is her music album located?
2. Who advises Andrew to stay away from downtown?
3. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
4. in "The Little Foxes," who mentions how "Southern aristocrats have kept together"?
5. What does Julie admit to regarding Andrew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
2. What plan does Regina come up with to bring Horace home?
3. What are some of the things that Cora complains about during the first act of "Days to Come"?
4. Who tells Mrs. Tilford that Mary is a strange and bad girl and why?
5. What is the importance of the keyhole in Mary's story?
6. What does Regina want in exchange for the bonds, and what will she do if she doesn't get it?
7. In "The Little Foxes," Birdie cries out at the end of Act I. What reason does she give Alexandra, and what really happened?
8. Why does Mossie kill Easter?
9. How is Leo Whalen described in "Days to Come"?
10. Julie talks about "it stopped a little while ago." What is she referring to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author's use of stage directions affect your understanding of the plays.
Essay Topic 2
The need for power or control is an important theme dominant in these six plays. Choose two plays and compare and contrast the theme of power and control in the plays.
Essay Topic 3
"The Little Foxes" and "Another Part of the Forest" use the same main cast of characters at different times in their lives. Compare the two plays.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)