|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joe want to move with Karen and Martha?
2. Approximately how old is Addie?
3. Who hasn't had a day of happiness in 22 years?
4. Which student arrives at the Tilden's to stay with Mary in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
5. Who is Karen and Martha's first visitor in Act III of "The Children's Hour"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Julie talks about "it stopped a little while ago." What is she referring to?
2. What causes Rosalie to become hysterical in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
3. In "The Little Foxes," Birdie cries out at the end of Act I. What reason does she give Alexandra, and what really happened?
4. How is Leo Whalen described in "Days to Come"?
5. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
6. How does Wilkie talk Julie out of telling her husband the truth about Whalen's whereabouts when the murder takes place?
7. According to Cal, what is Leo's reaction about finding out that Horace has the safety deposit box?
8. Why does Mossie kill Easter?
9. When Act II of "The Little Foxes" begins, Addie appears worried. What is she worried about?
10. What does Regina want in exchange for the bonds, and what will she do if she doesn't get it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the function of the now deceased Joshua Farrelly on events in "Watch on the Rhine."
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the six plays and discuss its symbolism.
Essay Topic 3
"The Little Foxes" and "Another Part of the Forest" use the same main cast of characters at different times in their lives. Compare the two plays.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)