|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does it cost Mrs. Tilden to call New York?
2. Who is the judge for the case involving Karen and Martha?
3. What nickname does Alexandra go by with members of her family?
4. Who is planning on marrying Joe?
5. Who is Karen and Martha's first visitor in Act III of "The Children's Hour"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Rodman living room in "Days to Come."
2. "The Children's Hour" was author Lillian Hellman's first play. Who did she dedicate it to?
3. What does Horace tell Regina he is doing about the stolen bonds and the inheritances he will leave?
4. Who tells Mrs. Tilford that Mary is a strange and bad girl and why?
5. Why does Mossie kill Easter?
6. When Act II of "The Little Foxes" begins, Addie appears worried. What is she worried about?
7. Explain what Julie says she's been searching for during her conversation with Whalen.
8. How does Wilkie talk Julie out of telling her husband the truth about Whalen's whereabouts when the murder takes place?
9. How is Leo Whalen described in "Days to Come"?
10. What are some of the things that Cora complains about during the first act of "Days to Come"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Little Foxes" and "Another Part of the Forest" use the same main cast of characters at different times in their lives. Compare the two plays.
Essay Topic 2
When plays are performed, they are critiqued by drama critics. Choose one of the plays and describe as a drama critic might whether or not the play was worth reading (or watching). Why did Hellman write this particular play and what meaning was she trying to communicate?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the six plays and discuss its symbolism.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)