|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks of funny noises coming from Karen Wright's room?
2. How old is Old Carter, who dies in Senateville?
3. What does Cora reveal to Andrew?
4. Who tells Joe that he must not marry Karen?
5. Which student arrives at the Tilden's to stay with Mary in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Regina want in exchange for the bonds, and what will she do if she doesn't get it?
2. How does Mrs. Tilford find out that she was wrong to accuse Karen and Martha?
3. According to Cal, what is Leo's reaction about finding out that Horace has the safety deposit box?
4. Describe the Wright-Dobie School for Girls.
5. Why does Martha believe that Karen is letting the school "go to hell"?
6. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
7. Who is Lily Mortar?
8. When Act II of "The Little Foxes" begins, Addie appears worried. What is she worried about?
9. What is the importance of the keyhole in Mary's story?
10. How is Leo Whalen described in "Days to Come"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Change is a big part of literature, whether it's a short story, a novel, or a play. Always, a character must change. Explain why this is necessary, giving examples from Lillian Hellman's "Six Plays" to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the social issues present in "Six Plays by Lillian Hellman."
Essay Topic 3
"Watch on the Rhine" is the most political of Hellman's plays and reveals her anti-Fascist beliefs. Discuss what Hellman is suggesting about Americans in relation to Fascism and the events that are evolving in Europe at the time.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)