|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wilkies says that he likes to eat big in the mornings, like who?
2. Who does Mrs. Mortar open the front door to?
3. Which student arrives at the Tilden's to stay with Mary in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
4. Where does Martha talk of sending her aunt?
5. Who has told Horace not to drink much coffee?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Leo, what is in Horace's safety deposit box?
2. Who tells Mrs. Tilford that Mary is a strange and bad girl and why?
3. How is Leo Whalen described in "Days to Come"?
4. Why does Karen break off her engagement with Joe?
5. Julie talks about "it stopped a little while ago." What is she referring to?
6. What does Regina want in exchange for the bonds, and what will she do if she doesn't get it?
7. What does Martha realize after learning that Joe and Karen broke up?
8. According to Cal, what is Leo's reaction about finding out that Horace has the safety deposit box?
9. In "The Little Foxes," Birdie cries out at the end of Act I. What reason does she give Alexandra, and what really happened?
10. What causes Rosalie to become hysterical in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the social issues present in "Six Plays by Lillian Hellman."
Essay Topic 2
Julie in "Days to Come" is a character who seems to be searching for meaning in her life. She tells Whalen that she's been busy find out about herself. Discuss what Julie is looking for and what she has found out about her self and her desires.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the setting in terms of the era of "The Children's Hour" shows the theme of the play.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)