|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Horace set aside for Addie?
2. Who is the last person that Mrs. Tilford telephones at the end of Scene 1 of Act II?
3. Who claims to have saved Delia Lampert's life in Buffalo?
4. Who is the blind man that Wilkie talks of nursing along?
5. Where does Martha talk of sending her aunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Rodman living room in "Days to Come."
2. Who is Lily Mortar?
3. According to Andrew, what is Julie's punishment for leaving?
4. What happens with the students at the school in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
5. According to Leo, what is in Horace's safety deposit box?
6. Why is Whalen trying to keep the laborers from fighting with the strike breakers?
7. Describe the Wright-Dobie School for Girls.
8. How does Mrs. Tilford find out that she was wrong to accuse Karen and Martha?
9. What does Martha realize after learning that Joe and Karen broke up?
10. Why does everyone want Horace to come home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the social issues present in "Six Plays by Lillian Hellman."
Essay Topic 2
The need for power or control is an important theme dominant in these six plays. Choose two plays and compare and contrast the theme of power and control in the plays.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the setting in terms of the era of "The Children's Hour" shows the theme of the play.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)