|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "How could he miss them if he never looks at them?"
2. How long did Horace wait before telling Regina that Leo took the bonds?
3. What hospital is Horace at in Act I of "The Little Foxes"?
4. How much does it cost Mrs. Tilden to call New York?
5. Two people utter the phrase, "and that's where I've got to quit" in the first act of "Days to Come." Who are they?
Short Essay Questions
1. Julie talks about "it stopped a little while ago." What is she referring to?
2. According to Leo, what is in Horace's safety deposit box?
3. When Act II of "The Little Foxes" begins, Addie appears worried. What is she worried about?
4. What did Lucy observed downtown in the morning in "Days to Come"?
5. What causes Rosalie to become hysterical in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
6. What are some of the things that Cora complains about during the first act of "Days to Come"?
7. Describe the Rodman living room in "Days to Come."
8. How is Leo Whalen described in "Days to Come"?
9. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
10. Why is Whalen trying to keep the laborers from fighting with the strike breakers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When plays are performed, they are critiqued by drama critics. Choose one of the plays and describe as a drama critic might whether or not the play was worth reading (or watching). Why did Hellman write this particular play and what meaning was she trying to communicate?
Essay Topic 2
Julie in "Days to Come" is a character who seems to be searching for meaning in her life. She tells Whalen that she's been busy find out about herself. Discuss what Julie is looking for and what she has found out about her self and her desires.
Essay Topic 3
Dialogue is the central way in which readers or views learn about characters. Choose a passage from "The Children's Hour" and explain how it helped you better understand a specific character.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)