|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Cora been having her breakfast for thirty years?
2. What is the name of the company that the Hubbard siblings want to invest in?
3. When Martha tells the grocery delivery boy that she is a freak, what else does she tell him?
4. How much does it cost Mrs. Tilden to call New York?
5. How much money has Horace set aside for Addie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wilkie talk Julie out of telling her husband the truth about Whalen's whereabouts when the murder takes place?
2. Describe the Rodman living room in "Days to Come."
3. What does Martha realize after learning that Joe and Karen broke up?
4. When Act II of "The Little Foxes" begins, Addie appears worried. What is she worried about?
5. Who tells Mrs. Tilford that Mary is a strange and bad girl and why?
6. In "The Little Foxes," Birdie cries out at the end of Act I. What reason does she give Alexandra, and what really happened?
7. What plan does Regina come up with to bring Horace home?
8. Why does Mossie kill Easter?
9. What does Horace tell Regina he is doing about the stolen bonds and the inheritances he will leave?
10. Who is Lily Mortar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Homosexuality is a theme in two of the plays. Identify which plays and compare how Hellman uses homosexuality in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
The need for power or control is an important theme dominant in these six plays. Choose two plays and compare and contrast the theme of power and control in the plays.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the setting in terms of the era of "The Children's Hour" shows the theme of the play.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)