|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in the play "Days to Come" is the "delicate prince in his ivory tower"?
2. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
3. What sound is heard a few minutes after Martha's final exit?
4. Who is the last person that Mrs. Tilford telephones at the end of Scene 1 of Act II?
5. How old is Old Carter, who dies in Senateville?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Tilford find out that she was wrong to accuse Karen and Martha?
2. According to Cal, what is Leo's reaction about finding out that Horace has the safety deposit box?
3. How does Wilkie talk Julie out of telling her husband the truth about Whalen's whereabouts when the murder takes place?
4. Describe the Wright-Dobie School for Girls.
5. What does Oscar think about shooting for sport?
6. Who is Lily Mortar?
7. Why is Whalen trying to keep the laborers from fighting with the strike breakers?
8. Why does everyone want Horace to come home?
9. Why does Mossie kill Easter?
10. What happens with the students at the school in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Another Part of the Forest," Lavinia is obsessed with atoning for her sin. What is her sin? Does any other character feel the need for atonement or is atonement forced upon a character?
Essay Topic 2
"The Autumn Garden" presents the themes of fear and the pain of loneliness. Analyze this and discuss other plays in which the theme of dealing with fear and loneliness is present.
Essay Topic 3
The need for power or control is an important theme dominant in these six plays. Choose two plays and compare and contrast the theme of power and control in the plays.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)