|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary blackmail Rosalie into saying she saw things she didn't?
2. What is Joe's nickname for Mrs. Mortar?
3. What does Regina send back at breakfast time?
4. How much does it cost Mrs. Tilden to call New York?
5. Who says, "you're both being very gay with my money"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the keyhole in Mary's story?
2. Why does everyone want Horace to come home?
3. Describe the Rodman living room in "Days to Come."
4. What causes Rosalie to become hysterical in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
5. What are some of the things that Cora complains about during the first act of "Days to Come"?
6. Describe Firth in the third act of "Days to Come."
7. Describe the Wright-Dobie School for Girls.
8. Julie talks about "it stopped a little while ago." What is she referring to?
9. How is Leo Whalen described in "Days to Come"?
10. According to Cal, what is Leo's reaction about finding out that Horace has the safety deposit box?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Another Part of the Forest," Lavinia is obsessed with atoning for her sin. What is her sin? Does any other character feel the need for atonement or is atonement forced upon a character?
Essay Topic 2
Gossip is an issue in both "The Children's Hour" and "The Autumn Garden." Discuss the power and effects of gossip as presented in these plays.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the setting in terms of the era of "The Children's Hour" shows the theme of the play.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)