Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Birdie, where is her music album located?
2. What nickname does Alexandra go by with members of her family?
3. Who is the blind man that Wilkie talks of nursing along?
4. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," when does Joe pull away from Karen?
5. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," what does Mrs. Tilford come to tell Karen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Julie talks about "it stopped a little while ago." What is she referring to?
2. What is Teck's proposal to Kurt and then to David and Fanny?
3. What are some of the things that Cora complains about during the first act of "Days to Come"?
4. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
5. Describe the Rodman living room in "Days to Come."
6. What does Oscar want to do with his life?
7. Describe the living room of the Farrelly house in "Watch on the Rhine."
8. According to Andrew, what is Julie's punishment for leaving?
9. Where is the location of the Tuckerman home featured in "The Autumn Garden"?
10. Why does Martha believe that Karen is letting the school "go to hell"?
Essay Topic 1
Homosexuality is a theme in two of the plays. Identify which plays and compare how Hellman uses homosexuality in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author's use of stage directions affect your understanding of the plays.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role of Greek culture presented in "Another Part of the Forest."
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)