|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Kurt have in his briefcase?
2. In Act I of "The Autumn Garden," it is established that General Griggs was in the war in one location while Robert Taylor fought elsewhere. What are these locations?
(a) Griggs was in the Pacific; Taylor ws in Europe.
(b) Griggs was stateside; Taylor was in Europe.
(c) Griggs was in the Pacific; Taylor was stateside.
(d) Griggs was in Europe; Taylor in the Pacific.
3. What time of day does the third act of "The Autumn Garden" begin?
(a) Early afternoon.
(b) Late evening.
(c) Seven in the morning.
4. Who does Ben refer to as a drunken crook?
(b) Captain McMullen.
(c) Dr. Seckles.
5. From whom did Teck obtain his list of 63 names of people wanted by the Fascists?
(d) Von Seitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Carrie, Constance, and Crossman have seen Nick Denery?
2. Where does Ben send Jake with an envelope of money?
3. What year did Marthe marry Teck?
4. In "Watch on the Rhine," who says that "all Fascists are not of one mind, one stripe"?
5. When Ben Hubbard first appears in Act I of "Another Part of the Forest," who is behind him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What situation has Rose so upset in Act I of "The Autumn Garden"?
2. What are the details of Ben's blackmailing of his father?
3. What are Kurt's plans in coming to America?
4. Lavinia reveals in Act III that God has told her to tell the "awful truth." What is the awful truth that she's referring to?
5. What activities are the characters engaging in as Act II of "Watch on the Rhine" opens?
6. What is the description of Kurt that Teck has?
7. Why did Sara and her family arrive to the Farrelly house earlier than expected?
8. Why is Lavinia so upset in Act I of "Another Part of the Forest"?
9. Describe the living room of the Farrelly house in "Watch on the Rhine."
10. What news is revealed to Kurt in a phone call that Teck learns at the Embassy poker game?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)