|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fanny, who is in California?
(a) Her friend, Jenny.
(b) Her niece, Birdie.
(c) Her sister, Agatha.
(d) Sara's husband.
2. How many years after World War I did the incident that Kurt refers to of five hundred Germans walking through Madrid streets occur?
3. In Act I of "The Autumn Garden," it is established that General Griggs was in the war in one location while Robert Taylor fought elsewhere. What are these locations?
(a) Griggs was in the Pacific; Taylor ws in Europe.
(b) Griggs was stateside; Taylor was in Europe.
(c) Griggs was in the Pacific; Taylor was stateside.
(d) Griggs was in Europe; Taylor in the Pacific.
4. Who does Lavinia think that her daughter looks like when she doesn't frown?
(a) Lavinia's mother.
(b) Lavinia's grandmother.
(d) Marcus's mother.
5. When was "The Autumn Garden" first produced for the public?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Little Foxes" who received a night letter and from whom?
2. What drink does Teck agree to accept from Kurt?
3. What is the name of the outlaw radio station in Europe in "Watch on the Rhine"?
4. Who tells Sara to tie the sash of her dress?
5. Who opens the door for Kurt so that Kurt can pull Teck outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities are the characters engaging in as Act II of "Watch on the Rhine" opens?
2. What is Carrie upset at her son?
3. What news is revealed to Kurt in a phone call that Teck learns at the Embassy poker game?
4. What happens in the last scene of "The Autumn Garden"?
5. Why did Sara and her family arrive to the Farrelly house earlier than expected?
6. How does the last act of "The Autumn Garden" open?
7. Describe the living room of the Farrelly house in "Watch on the Rhine."
8. What are the details of Ben's blackmailing of his father?
9. Lavinia reveals in Act III that God has told her to tell the "awful truth." What is the awful truth that she's referring to?
10. What is Teck's proposal to Kurt and then to David and Fanny?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)