|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
2. Who is the author of the work that Peggy is reading out loud in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
(a) Jane Austen.
(d) Percy Shelley.
3. Who tells Andrew, "we want this thing finished" in Act II of "Days to Come"?
4. Wilkies says that he likes to eat big in the mornings, like who?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Polish.
(d) The English.
5. What does Regina send back at breakfast time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Horace set aside for Addie?
2. Who tells Joe that he must not marry Karen?
3. Who does Mrs. Mortar open the front door to?
4. Who claims to have "always been lucky"?
5. What happened to Whalen's friend, Cliff Taylor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the staging information for the beginning of Act III in "Days to Come" reveal?
2. What does Martha realize after learning that Joe and Karen broke up?
3. When Act II of "The Little Foxes" begins, Addie appears worried. What is she worried about?
4. How does Mrs. Tilford find out that she was wrong to accuse Karen and Martha?
5. Who is Lily Mortar?
6. What plan does Regina come up with to bring Horace home?
7. Why does everyone want Horace to come home?
8. What does Oscar think about shooting for sport?
9. Describe the Wright-Dobie School for Girls.
10. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)