|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," when does Joe pull away from Karen?
(a) When she greets him.
(b) When she says good-bye.
(c) When she refuses to marry him.
(d) When Karen leans over to kiss him.
2. How old is Old Carter, who dies in Senateville?
3. Who says, "You ain't born in the South unless you're a fool"?
4. According to Andrew, who made him a murderer?
(a) Whalen, Firth, and Julie.
(b) Ellicott, Wilkie, and Easter.
(c) No one but himself.
(d) Himself, Cora, and Ellicott.
5. When does Act II take place in relation to Act I in "The Little Foxes"?
(a) Act II takes place three days later.
(b) Act II takes place a month later.
(c) Act II takes place a week later.
(d) Act II takes place the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sol Fowler?
2. What relationship is Regina to Oscar and Ben?
3. Where does Act III of "The Children's Hour" take place?
4. Two people utter the phrase, "and that's where I've got to quit" in the first act of "Days to Come." Who are they?
5. How does Ben alter Henry Frick's saying about investments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that Cora complains about during the first act of "Days to Come"?
2. What does Oscar think about shooting for sport?
3. Who tells Mrs. Tilford that Mary is a strange and bad girl and why?
4. "The Children's Hour" was author Lillian Hellman's first play. Who did she dedicate it to?
5. According to Leo, what is in Horace's safety deposit box?
6. Julie talks about "it stopped a little while ago." What is she referring to?
7. What is Horace and Regina's relationship like?
8. Why is Whalen trying to keep the laborers from fighting with the strike breakers?
9. Why does everyone want Horace to come home?
10. What is the importance of the keyhole in Mary's story?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)