|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Lois and Catherine studying frantically in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
2. All three acts of "The Little Foxes" have the same setting. What is it?
(a) The town square.
(b) The Giddens living room.
(c) The bank.
(d) The Hubbard living room.
3. According to Mr. Marshall, Chicago will be at whose feet?
4. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," when does Joe pull away from Karen?
(a) When Karen leans over to kiss him.
(b) When she greets him.
(c) When she refuses to marry him.
(d) When she says good-bye.
5. Who shivers and makes a fire in the fireplace in Act III of "The Children's Hour," perhaps for just for something to do?
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leo see a piece on an old violin?
2. How long did Horace wait before telling Regina that Leo took the bonds?
3. What are the last words spoken in "Days to Come"?
4. What sound is heard a few minutes after Martha's final exit?
5. Where is Dr. Sloan in Act II of "The Little Foxes" ?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Leo Whalen described in "Days to Come"?
2. Describe the Wright-Dobie School for Girls.
3. What does Oscar think about shooting for sport?
4. Explain what Julie says she's been searching for during her conversation with Whalen.
5. Who tells Mrs. Tilford that Mary is a strange and bad girl and why?
6. What does Horace tell Regina he is doing about the stolen bonds and the inheritances he will leave?
7. What are some of the things that Cora complains about during the first act of "Days to Come"?
8. How does Mrs. Tilford find out that she was wrong to accuse Karen and Martha?
9. Why did Oscar marry Birdie? Did he ever love her?
10. Describe the Rodman living room in "Days to Come."
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)