|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Old Carter, who dies in Senateville?
2. What is it that Cora wants in Act II of "Days to Come"?
(b) Chocolate cake.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) Milk and fruit.
3. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
4. Approximately how old is Addie?
5. Who did Birdie's mother get an autograph from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the judge for the case involving Karen and Martha?
2. When Martha tells the grocery delivery boy that she is a freak, what else does she tell him?
3. How much money has Horace set aside for Addie?
4. According to Mr. Marshall, Chicago will be at whose feet?
5. Where does Act III of "The Children's Hour" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wilkie talk Julie out of telling her husband the truth about Whalen's whereabouts when the murder takes place?
2. What is the importance of the keyhole in Mary's story?
3. When Act II of "The Little Foxes" begins, Addie appears worried. What is she worried about?
4. Describe the Wright-Dobie School for Girls.
5. What does the staging information for the beginning of Act III in "Days to Come" reveal?
6. Explain what Julie says she's been searching for during her conversation with Whalen.
7. "The Children's Hour" was author Lillian Hellman's first play. Who did she dedicate it to?
8. What happens to Martha after she admits her love to Karen?
9. According to Andrew, what is Julie's punishment for leaving?
10. According to Leo, what is in Horace's safety deposit box?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)