|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the blind man that Wilkie talks of nursing along?
2. According to Mr. Marshall, Chicago will be at whose feet?
3. Who does Mary demand money from at the end of Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
4. Who says in "The Children's Hour" Act II, "It's not nice to frighten people by pretending to be sick when you aren't"?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(b) Miss Wright.
5. When Martha tells the grocery delivery boy that she is a freak, what else does she tell him?
(a) That she is a witch.
(b) Not to ever come back.
(c) That she has eight fingers.
(d) To stop staring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sol Fowler?
2. What was Whalen supposed to become, according to his mother?
3. Who says, "Losers never like music"?
4. What's going to happen over Horace's dead body?
5. How long had Karen and Martha worked to save money to buy the farm and start the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lily Mortar?
2. Why does Martha believe that Karen is letting the school "go to hell"?
3. In "The Little Foxes," Birdie cries out at the end of Act I. What reason does she give Alexandra, and what really happened?
4. Why is Oscar angry at Sam Taylor in "Another Part of the Forest"?
5. What causes Rosalie to become hysterical in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
6. What are the details of Ben's blackmailing of his father?
7. Describe Sara's appearance in Act I of "Watch on the Rhine."
8. When Act II of "The Little Foxes" begins, Addie appears worried. What is she worried about?
9. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
10. How does Wilkie talk Julie out of telling her husband the truth about Whalen's whereabouts when the murder takes place?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)