|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says in "The Children's Hour" Act II, "It's not nice to frighten people by pretending to be sick when you aren't"?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) Miss Wright.
2. What does Cora reveal to Andrew?
(a) That she's having an affair.
(b) That she's moving out.
(c) That Ellicott is in love with Julie.
(d) That he's being arrested.
3. When Martha tells the grocery delivery boy that she is a freak, what else does she tell him?
(a) Not to ever come back.
(b) That she has eight fingers.
(c) That she is a witch.
(d) To stop staring.
4. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
5. What does Addie bring for Birdie, Horace, and Alexandra to snack on in Act III?
(a) Coffee and pie.
(b) Tea and scones.
(c) Cakes and milk.
(d) Cookies and elderberry wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Horace wait before telling Regina that Leo took the bonds?
2. Who says, "How could he miss them if he never looks at them?"
3. Where has Cora been having her breakfast for thirty years?
4. How long was Horace gone?
5. Where does Martha talk of sending her aunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martha realize after learning that Joe and Karen broke up?
2. Why does Mossie kill Easter?
3. Why did Oscar marry Birdie? Did he ever love her?
4. How is Leo Whalen described in "Days to Come"?
5. What are some of the things that Cora complains about during the first act of "Days to Come"?
6. What is Horace and Regina's relationship like?
7. Julie talks about "it stopped a little while ago." What is she referring to?
8. Why does everyone want Horace to come home?
9. What does the staging information for the beginning of Act III in "Days to Come" reveal?
10. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)