|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has told Horace not to drink much coffee?
(a) Dr. Summers.
(d) Dr. Reeves.
2. How long did Horace wait before telling Regina that Leo took the bonds?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two days.
(d) A week.
3. Who did Birdie's mother get an autograph from?
4. What happened to Whalen's friend, Cliff Taylor?
(a) Went into politics.
(b) Successfully settled a strike.
(d) Had his throat cut.
5. Who shivers and makes a fire in the fireplace in Act III of "The Children's Hour," perhaps for just for something to do?
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(d) Mrs. Tilford.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many model brushes does the Rodman company make?
2. Where did Horace and Alexandra stop over night?
3. in "The Little Foxes," who mentions how "Southern aristocrats have kept together"?
4. Who throws the knife at whom in Act I of "Days to Come"?
5. Who claims to have "always been lucky"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Martha after she admits her love to Karen?
2. Explain what Julie says she's been searching for during her conversation with Whalen.
3. What is the importance of the keyhole in Mary's story?
4. Julie talks about "it stopped a little while ago." What is she referring to?
5. Why does everyone want Horace to come home?
6. Why does Martha believe that Karen is letting the school "go to hell"?
7. According to Cal, what is Leo's reaction about finding out that Horace has the safety deposit box?
8. What does the staging information for the beginning of Act III in "Days to Come" reveal?
9. "The Children's Hour" was author Lillian Hellman's first play. Who did she dedicate it to?
10. Why did Oscar marry Birdie? Did he ever love her?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)