|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student arrives at the Tilden's to stay with Mary in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
2. Who tells Joe that he must not marry Karen?
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
3. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," when does Joe pull away from Karen?
(a) When Karen leans over to kiss him.
(b) When she greets him.
(c) When she says good-bye.
(d) When she refuses to marry him.
4. What did Birdie's mother used to give her elderberry wine for when she was young?
(b) Stomach cramps.
(d) A cold.
5. Wilkies says that he likes to eat big in the mornings, like who?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The English.
(c) The Polish.
(d) The Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Days to Come," where does Scene I of Act II take place?
2. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
3. According to Cora, approximately how much canned goods are missing from the family pantry?
4. Who does Mrs. Mortar open the front door to?
5. Who tells Regina that Horace has clipped her wings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the keyhole in Mary's story?
2. What is Horace and Regina's relationship like?
3. What happens to Martha after she admits her love to Karen?
4. According to Leo, what is in Horace's safety deposit box?
5. Describe the Wright-Dobie School for Girls.
6. In "The Little Foxes," Birdie cries out at the end of Act I. What reason does she give Alexandra, and what really happened?
7. What happens with the students at the school in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
8. According to Andrew, what is Julie's punishment for leaving?
9. How does Mrs. Tilford find out that she was wrong to accuse Karen and Martha?
10. "The Children's Hour" was author Lillian Hellman's first play. Who did she dedicate it to?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)