|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it supposed to be when Act III of "Days to Come" begins?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 7:30 a.m.
(c) 4:30 p.m.
2. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
(c) Mrs. Mortar.
3. Where does Leo see a piece on an old violin?
(a) In Alexandra's desk.
(b) In Birdie's desk.
(c) In Horace's safety deposit box.
(d) In Horace's bank office.
4. What does Cora reveal to Andrew?
(a) That Ellicott is in love with Julie.
(b) That she's having an affair.
(c) That he's being arrested.
(d) That she's moving out.
5. Who is the judge for the case involving Karen and Martha?
(a) Judge Potter.
(b) Judge St. John.
(c) Judge Brendan.
(d) Judge Reeves.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old is Horace Giddens?
2. Who does Mary demand money from at the end of Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
3. Who advises Andrew to stay away from downtown?
4. Who is the author of the work that Peggy is reading out loud in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
5. What was Whalen supposed to become, according to his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Regina want in exchange for the bonds, and what will she do if she doesn't get it?
2. What causes Rosalie to become hysterical in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
3. Describe the Wright-Dobie School for Girls.
4. What does Horace tell Regina he is doing about the stolen bonds and the inheritances he will leave?
5. Why does Martha believe that Karen is letting the school "go to hell"?
6. What does Oscar think about shooting for sport?
7. What are some of the things that Cora complains about during the first act of "Days to Come"?
8. Why did Oscar marry Birdie? Did he ever love her?
9. Why is Whalen trying to keep the laborers from fighting with the strike breakers?
10. According to Cal, what is Leo's reaction about finding out that Horace has the safety deposit box?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)