|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Birdie, where is her music album located?
(a) In the drawer of her night table.
(b) Left drawer of her desk.
(c) Bottom shelf in the parlor.
(d) Near the piano.
2. What nickname does Alexandra go by with members of her family?
3. Who is the blind man that Wilkie talks of nursing along?
4. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," when does Joe pull away from Karen?
(a) When Karen leans over to kiss him.
(b) When she greets him.
(c) When she says good-bye.
(d) When she refuses to marry him.
5. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," what does Mrs. Tilford come to tell Karen?
(a) That she wants the school to open again.
(b) That she was wrong.
(c) That she's going away.
(d) That she's ready to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Mortar open the front door to?
2. Who told Julie that Leo Whalen likes to walk along the river?
3. How does Ben alter Henry Frick's saying about investments?
4. Who does Mary demand money from at the end of Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
5. How long had Karen and Martha worked to save money to buy the farm and start the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Julie talks about "it stopped a little while ago." What is she referring to?
2. What is Teck's proposal to Kurt and then to David and Fanny?
3. What are some of the things that Cora complains about during the first act of "Days to Come"?
4. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
5. Describe the Rodman living room in "Days to Come."
6. What does Oscar want to do with his life?
7. Describe the living room of the Farrelly house in "Watch on the Rhine."
8. According to Andrew, what is Julie's punishment for leaving?
9. Where is the location of the Tuckerman home featured in "The Autumn Garden"?
10. Why does Martha believe that Karen is letting the school "go to hell"?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)