|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joe want to move with Karen and Martha?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
2. How does Ben alter Henry Frick's saying about investments?
(a) "Northern cotton mills will be the Rembrandts of investment."
(b) "Southern gentlemen will be the Rembrandts of investment."
(c) "Southern cotton will be the DaVinci of investment."
(d) "Southern cotton mills will be the Rembrandts of investment."
3. Who hasn't had a day of happiness in 22 years?
4. Who speaks of funny noises coming from Karen Wright's room?
5. Who does Mary demand money from at the end of Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Old Carter, who dies in Senateville?
2. How many girls are in the opening scene of "The Children's Hour"?
3. In "Days to Come," where does Scene I of Act II take place?
4. Who is the town's judge in "Days to Come"?
5. How much money has Horace set aside for Addie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Rosalie to become hysterical in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
2. Describe the Rodman living room in "Days to Come."
3. How does Mrs. Tilford find out that she was wrong to accuse Karen and Martha?
4. Describe the Wright-Dobie School for Girls.
5. Why does everyone want Horace to come home?
6. What plan does Regina come up with to bring Horace home?
7. What are some of the things that Cora complains about during the first act of "Days to Come"?
8. What did Lucy observed downtown in the morning in "Days to Come"?
9. Explain what Julie says she's been searching for during her conversation with Whalen.
10. Who tells Mrs. Tilford that Mary is a strange and bad girl and why?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)