|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does it cost Mrs. Tilden to call New York?
2. Approximately how old is Julie?
3. What is the name of the company that the Hubbard siblings want to invest in?
(a) Marshall and Hubbard, Cotton Manufacturers.
(b) Hubbard Sons and Marshall, Cotton Manufacturers.
(c) Hubbard and Giddens Cotton Mill.
(d) Hubbard, Giddens and Marshall, Cotton Mill.
4. Who says to Julia, "Oh, some of it's the truth, and some of it isn't"?
5. Two people utter the phrase, "and that's where I've got to quit" in the first act of "Days to Come." Who are they?
(a) Andrew and Julie.
(b) Julie and Ellicott.
(c) Ellicott and Cora.
(d) Cora and Andrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Karen and Martha's first visitor in Act III of "The Children's Hour"?
2. What are Lois and Catherine studying frantically in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
3. Who is the judge for the case involving Karen and Martha?
4. Who claims to have "always been lucky"?
5. According to Birdie, where is her music album located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tells Mrs. Tilford that Mary is a strange and bad girl and why?
2. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
3. Describe Firth in the third act of "Days to Come."
4. What plan does Regina come up with to bring Horace home?
5. "The Children's Hour" was author Lillian Hellman's first play. Who did she dedicate it to?
6. Why is Whalen trying to keep the laborers from fighting with the strike breakers?
7. Julie talks about "it stopped a little while ago." What is she referring to?
8. Why does everyone want Horace to come home?
9. According to Cal, what is Leo's reaction about finding out that Horace has the safety deposit box?
10. Why does Mossie kill Easter?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)