|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
2. Who told Julie that Leo Whalen likes to walk along the river?
(c) Old Mrs. Hicks.
(d) Tom Firth.
3. Who is the town's judge in "Days to Come"?
(a) Judge Waters.
(b) Judge Thomas.
(c) Judge Alcott.
(d) Judge McCutcheoun.
4. Approximately how old is Addie?
5. Where does Act II, Scene II of "Days to Come" take place?
(a) Rodman living room.
(b) Rodman kitchen.
(c) The strike office.
(d) Whalen's room at the boarding house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Old Carter, who dies in Senateville?
2. Who speaks of funny noises coming from Karen Wright's room?
3. Who in the play "Days to Come" is the "delicate prince in his ivory tower"?
4. Who says, "you're both being very gay with my money"?
5. What are Lois and Catherine studying frantically in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Whalen trying to keep the laborers from fighting with the strike breakers?
2. Describe Firth in the third act of "Days to Come."
3. Why does Karen break off her engagement with Joe?
4. What happens to Martha after she admits her love to Karen?
5. How is Leo Whalen described in "Days to Come"?
6. Describe the Wright-Dobie School for Girls.
7. What did Lucy observed downtown in the morning in "Days to Come"?
8. When Act II of "The Little Foxes" begins, Addie appears worried. What is she worried about?
9. What is the importance of the keyhole in Mary's story?
10. What causes Rosalie to become hysterical in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)