|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Alexandra go by with members of her family?
2. Who does Mrs. Mortar open the front door to?
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) A student.
3. How much money was in Firth's savings account until Clyde needed it?
4. When Martha tells the grocery delivery boy that she is a freak, what else does she tell him?
(a) Not to ever come back.
(b) To stop staring.
(c) That she has eight fingers.
(d) That she is a witch.
5. Where did Horace and Alexandra stop over night?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Karen, who finally put an "l" in could?
2. What does Cora carry when she first appears in Act I of "Days to Come"?
3. About how old is Horace Giddens?
4. What relation is Mary to Joe Cardin?
5. Who in the play "Days to Come" is the "delicate prince in his ivory tower"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lily Mortar?
2. What happens to Martha after she admits her love to Karen?
3. How is Leo Whalen described in "Days to Come"?
4. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
5. What causes Rosalie to become hysterical in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
6. Who tells Mrs. Tilford that Mary is a strange and bad girl and why?
7. How does Wilkie talk Julie out of telling her husband the truth about Whalen's whereabouts when the murder takes place?
8. Why does Martha believe that Karen is letting the school "go to hell"?
9. In "The Little Foxes," Birdie cries out at the end of Act I. What reason does she give Alexandra, and what really happened?
10. What does Oscar think about shooting for sport?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)