|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does it cost Mrs. Tilden to call New York?
2. What does Karen do in Act III to show that she doesn't want to listen to Martha anymore?
(a) Leaves the room.
(c) Begins singing.
(d) Covers her ears.
3. How many girls are in the opening scene of "The Children's Hour"?
(c) Only one.
4. What is Joe's nickname for Mrs. Mortar?
(a) Hedda Gabler.
(b) Greta Garbo.
(c) Her highness.
(d) The Duchess.
5. What is the name of the company that the Hubbard siblings want to invest in?
(a) Hubbard and Giddens Cotton Mill.
(b) Marshall and Hubbard, Cotton Manufacturers.
(c) Hubbard Sons and Marshall, Cotton Manufacturers.
(d) Hubbard, Giddens and Marshall, Cotton Mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to have saved Delia Lampert's life in Buffalo?
2. Who in the play "Days to Come" is the "delicate prince in his ivory tower"?
3. Where has Cora been having her breakfast for thirty years?
4. All three acts of "The Little Foxes" have the same setting. What is it?
5. When Martha tells the grocery delivery boy that she is a freak, what else does she tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the keyhole in Mary's story?
2. Why does Mossie kill Easter?
3. What causes Rosalie to become hysterical in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
4. What does Oscar think about shooting for sport?
5. Julie talks about "it stopped a little while ago." What is she referring to?
6. What happens to Martha after she admits her love to Karen?
7. Describe the Giddens living room in "The Little Foxes."
8. What does Martha realize after learning that Joe and Karen broke up?
9. Who is Lily Mortar?
10. What does Horace tell Regina he is doing about the stolen bonds and the inheritances he will leave?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)