|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Fanny enjoy playing with Teck?
(d) Gin rummy.
2. According to Fanny, who is in California?
(a) Her sister, Agatha.
(b) Sara's husband.
(c) Her niece, Birdie.
(d) Her friend, Jenny.
3. In "Watch on the Rhine," who says that "all Fascists are not of one mind, one stripe"?
4. Who complains of the whole house being damp in Act II of "The Autumn Garden"?
(d) Mrs. Ellis.
5. In Act I of "The Autumn Garden," it is established that General Griggs was in the war in one location while Robert Taylor fought elsewhere. What are these locations?
(a) Griggs was in the Pacific; Taylor ws in Europe.
(b) Griggs was stateside; Taylor was in Europe.
(c) Griggs was in the Pacific; Taylor was stateside.
(d) Griggs was in Europe; Taylor in the Pacific.
6. When Ben Hubbard first appears in Act I of "Another Part of the Forest," who is behind him?
7. How many languages do the Muller children speak?
8. Which of the characters in "Watch on the Rhine" is the reader told is 63 years old?
9. Anise recalls when Fanny went into labor with Sara. What was Fanny doing when labor started?
(a) Eating candy.
(d) Having a party.
10. Who tells Sara to tie the sash of her dress?
11. What time of day does the third act of "The Autumn Garden" begin?
(a) Seven in the morning.
(c) Early afternoon.
(d) Late evening.
12. How long has it been since Carrie, Constance, and Crossman have seen Nick Denery?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
13. What did David give to Marthe?
(a) A ruby ring.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A cameo.
(d) A sapphire bracelet.
14. Where will Sara and her family be arriving, and what is the expected time?
(a) Lehigh Valley Station at 12:00.
(b) Union Station at 12:10.
(c) Georgetown Station at 11:50.
(d) Grand Central Station at 11:30.
15. What does Sara call a very French thing that Anise does?
(b) Saying she will sue.
(c) Drinking sherry.
(d) Speaking her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are General Griggs and his wife?
2. In "The Autumn Garden", who says "Come back to me without shame in wanting to"?
3. How many years after World War I did the incident that Kurt refers to of five hundred Germans walking through Madrid streets occur?
4. What does Marcus think is a very comic idea?
5. Approximately how is the Farrelly country house from Washington, D.C.?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)