|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Constance receive gossip from?
(a) Mrs. Sims.
(b) Mrs. Albert.
(c) Mrs. Ellis.
(d) Mrs. Baker.
2. Marthe arrives with dresses. What store do the dresses come from?
(b) Lord & Taylor.
(d) Marshall Field's.
3. Who tells Sara to tie the sash of her dress?
4. In "Watch on the Rhine," who says that "all Fascists are not of one mind, one stripe"?
5. How long was John in the war?
(a) Two years, five months, and three days.
(b) Three years, three months, and eight days.
(c) Three years, one month, and fifteen days.
(d) One year, eight months, and six days.
6. What does Fanny plan on she and Kurt playing for Babette's birthday party?
(a) Mozart's "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.".
(b) "The Clock Symphony."
(c) A Chopin Nocturne.
(d) Beethoven's "Ode to Joy."
7. What does Kurt confess to?
(c) Cheating on his wife.
(d) Bad judgement.
8. Who opens the door for Kurt so that Kurt can pull Teck outside?
9. Who complains of the whole house being damp in Act II of "The Autumn Garden"?
(a) Mrs. Ellis.
10. What is the name of the outlaw radio station in Europe in "Watch on the Rhine"?
(a) Fascist-free Radio.
(b) Free Radio.
(c) Anti-Fascist Underground Radio.
(d) Radio European.
11. In "Watch on the Rhine," who says, "Man has learned to make man comfortable"?
12. What drink does Teck agree to accept from Kurt?
13. What relationship is Frederick to Mary Ellis?
(a) He is the son of her best friend.
(b) He is her grandson.
(c) He is her son.
(d) He is just another boarder.
14. Approximately how is the Farrelly country house from Washington, D.C.?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 10 miles
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
15. Whose portrait is hanging in the living room of the Farrelly home?
(a) The entire Farrelly family.
(b) Fanny Farrelly.
(c) Joshua Farrelly.
(d) Joshua and Fanny Farrelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ben's weekly salary from his father?
2. What game does Fanny enjoy playing with Teck?
3. Who are the two mummies that Regina refers to?
4. What train is Nina planning on taking to leave?
5. How many years after World War I did the incident that Kurt refers to of five hundred Germans walking through Madrid streets occur?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)