|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are General Griggs and his wife?
(a) 53 and 43.
(b) 58 and 60.
(c) 60 and 55.
(d) Both in their 50s.
2. Approximately how is the Farrelly country house from Washington, D.C.?
(a) 10 miles
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
3. When was "The Autumn Garden" first produced for the public?
4. What did David give to Marthe?
(a) A ruby ring.
(b) A sapphire bracelet.
(c) A cameo.
(d) A diamond necklace.
5. How many married couples make up the guests at the Tuckerman house?
6. Marthe arrives with dresses. What store do the dresses come from?
(a) Lord & Taylor.
(b) Marshall Field's.
7. In "Watch on the Rhine," who says, "Man has learned to make man comfortable"?
8. What does Sara call a very French thing that Anise does?
(a) Saying she will sue.
(c) Speaking her mind.
(d) Drinking sherry.
9. What rank did Isham hold in the military?
10. According to Fanny, who is in California?
(a) Her sister, Agatha.
(b) Her niece, Birdie.
(c) Her friend, Jenny.
(d) Sara's husband.
11. Who does Nick claim is trying to be genteel?
12. Who tells Sara to tie the sash of her dress?
13. Where does Ben send Jake with an envelope of money?
(a) Birdie Bagtry.
(b) Clara Bagtry.
(d) John Bagtry.
14. Who are the two mummies that Regina refers to?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Lavinia and Coralee.
(c) John's mother and grandmother.
(d) John's aunt and cousin.
15. Where does Fanny keep household cash?
(a) In the bank.
(b) With Anise.
(c) In her sitting room safe.
(d) In the drawing room safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Teck planning to go in the evening?
2. In "The Little Foxes" who received a night letter and from whom?
3. Whose portrait is hanging in the living room of the Farrelly home?
4. Where does Lavinia want to build a little schoolhouse?
5. Who opens the door for Kurt so that Kurt can pull Teck outside?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)