|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Constance receive gossip from?
(a) Mrs. Sims.
(b) Mrs. Albert.
(c) Mrs. Ellis.
(d) Mrs. Baker.
2. Who does Ben refer to as a drunken crook?
(b) Captain McMullen.
(c) Dr. Seckles.
3. In "The Little Foxes" who received a night letter and from whom?
(a) David, from Miss Carter.
(b) Marthe, from her mother.
(c) Teck, from a bill collector.
(d) Anise, from a male friend.
4. How old are General Griggs and his wife?
(a) 60 and 55.
(b) Both in their 50s.
(c) 58 and 60.
(d) 53 and 43.
5. Who complains of the whole house being damp in Act II of "The Autumn Garden"?
(d) Mrs. Ellis.
6. in "Watch on the Rhine," who claims that his "soul doesn't have to be so nice and clean"?
7. What does Laurette call Oscar?
(a) Mr. Hubbard.
(b) Mr. Oscar.
8. What drink is being consumed at the beginning of Act II in "Another Part of the Forest"?
9. When was the main part of the Hubbard house in "Another Part of the Forest" built?
10. According to Teck, what is the name of the man who the Nazi's are looking for?
11. What ship were the Ellis family planning to sail to Europe on?
(a) The Elizabeth.
(b) The S.S. Bordeaux.
(c) The Victoria.
(d) The Ascot.
12. Anise recalls when Fanny went into labor with Sara. What was Fanny doing when labor started?
(a) Eating candy.
(d) Having a party.
13. What does Kurt confess to?
(c) Bad judgement.
(d) Cheating on his wife.
14. What name was on the passes that Marcus used to show that he wasn't near the massacre in 1864?
(a) Colonel Sam H. Blevins.
(b) Lieutenant Grover T. James.
(c) Captain Virgil E. McMullen.
(d) General Jefferson Davis.
15. Approximately how is the Farrelly country house from Washington, D.C.?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 10 miles
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I of "The Autumn Garden," it is established that General Griggs was in the war in one location while Robert Taylor fought elsewhere. What are these locations?
2. What rank did Isham hold in the military?
3. Who opens the door for Kurt so that Kurt can pull Teck outside?
4. What year did Marthe marry Teck?
5. In "Watch on the Rhine," who says that "all Fascists are not of one mind, one stripe"?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)