|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sara arrange for a flight to?
(b) El Paso.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New Orleans.
2. What relationship is Frederick to Mary Ellis?
(a) He is her grandson.
(b) He is just another boarder.
(c) He is the son of her best friend.
(d) He is her son.
3. Where will Sara and her family be arriving, and what is the expected time?
(a) Grand Central Station at 11:30.
(b) Lehigh Valley Station at 12:00.
(c) Georgetown Station at 11:50.
(d) Union Station at 12:10.
4. What does Marcus think is a very comic idea?
(a) Oscar and Birdie Bagtry.
(b) John and Regina.
(c) Oscar and Laurette.
(d) Ben and Birdie Bagtry.
5. What train is Nina planning on taking to leave?
(a) The 11:10.
(b) The 10::45.
(c) The 12:15.
(d) The 9:30.
6. In "The Little Foxes" who received a night letter and from whom?
(a) Anise, from a male friend.
(b) Marthe, from her mother.
(c) David, from Miss Carter.
(d) Teck, from a bill collector.
7. Which of the characters in "Watch on the Rhine" is the reader told is 63 years old?
8. How old are General Griggs and his wife?
(a) 53 and 43.
(b) Both in their 50s.
(c) 58 and 60.
(d) 60 and 55.
9. When Ben Hubbard first appears in Act I of "Another Part of the Forest," who is behind him?
10. What does Kurt confess to?
(a) Cheating on his wife.
(b) Bad judgement.
11. Marthe arrives with dresses. What store do the dresses come from?
(b) Marshall Field's.
(c) Lord & Taylor.
12. What drink is being consumed at the beginning of Act II in "Another Part of the Forest"?
13. Where is Teck planning to go in the evening?
(a) He has no plans yet.
(b) To play poker at the Embassy.
(c) To ask for a loan from an old friend.
(d) To meet with Nazi officials.
14. What name does Sara make a flight reservation for?
15. How many years after World War I did the incident that Kurt refers to of five hundred Germans walking through Madrid streets occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom did Teck obtain his list of 63 names of people wanted by the Fascists?
2. How many married couples make up the guests at the Tuckerman house?
3. What ship were the Ellis family planning to sail to Europe on?
4. Who complains of the whole house being damp in Act II of "The Autumn Garden"?
5. In "The Autumn Garden," who says, "you are a girl who should love"?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)