|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Fanny enjoy playing with Teck?
(d) Gin rummy.
2. What rank did Isham hold in the military?
3. What ship were the Ellis family planning to sail to Europe on?
(a) The S.S. Bordeaux.
(b) The Ascot.
(c) The Victoria.
(d) The Elizabeth.
4. What drink is being consumed at the beginning of Act II in "Another Part of the Forest"?
5. How much money do the de Brancovis have?
(b) Over $500 hidden in a suitcase.
6. Marthe arrives with dresses. What store do the dresses come from?
(a) Marshall Field's.
(c) Lord & Taylor.
7. When was "The Autumn Garden" first produced for the public?
8. What does Laurette call Oscar?
(a) Mr. Hubbard.
(c) Mr. Oscar.
9. In "Watch on the Rhine," who says that "all Fascists are not of one mind, one stripe"?
10. Who opens the door for Kurt so that Kurt can pull Teck outside?
11. What relationship is Frederick to Mary Ellis?
(a) He is her grandson.
(b) He is her son.
(c) He is just another boarder.
(d) He is the son of her best friend.
12. How many married couples make up the guests at the Tuckerman house?
13. What does Marcus think is a very comic idea?
(a) John and Regina.
(b) Oscar and Laurette.
(c) Oscar and Birdie Bagtry.
(d) Ben and Birdie Bagtry.
14. Where will Sara and her family be arriving, and what is the expected time?
(a) Grand Central Station at 11:30.
(b) Georgetown Station at 11:50.
(c) Union Station at 12:10.
(d) Lehigh Valley Station at 12:00.
15. In "The Autumn Garden," who comments about a "juke-box song called Constance"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Sara make a flight reservation for?
2. Where does Lavinia want to build a little schoolhouse?
3. How many years after World War I did the incident that Kurt refers to of five hundred Germans walking through Madrid streets occur?
4. What does Kurt confess to?
5. According to Fanny, who is in California?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)