|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ben refer to as a drunken crook?
(a) Dr. Seckles.
(c) Captain McMullen.
2. What does Sara call a very French thing that Anise does?
(a) Drinking sherry.
(c) Speaking her mind.
(d) Saying she will sue.
3. Who does Nick claim is trying to be genteel?
4. In "Watch on the Rhine," who says that "all Fascists are not of one mind, one stripe"?
5. From whom did Teck obtain his list of 63 names of people wanted by the Fascists?
(d) Von Seitz.
6. Where does Fanny keep household cash?
(a) With Anise.
(b) In the bank.
(c) In her sitting room safe.
(d) In the drawing room safe.
7. What ship were the Ellis family planning to sail to Europe on?
(a) The Ascot.
(b) The S.S. Bordeaux.
(c) The Victoria.
(d) The Elizabeth.
8. What does Kurt confess to?
(c) Bad judgement.
(d) Cheating on his wife.
9. How much did Marcus get for a little bag of salt during the war?
10. What was Teck's vocation once?
11. What time of day does Sara confess to not liking?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) Right before she goes to sleep.
(c) Late evening.
(d) When she first awakens.
12. According to Teck, what is the name of the man who the Nazi's are looking for?
13. Who does Constance receive gossip from?
(a) Mrs. Albert.
(b) Mrs. Baker.
(c) Mrs. Sims.
(d) Mrs. Ellis.
14. How many languages do the Muller children speak?
15. What drink is being consumed at the beginning of Act II in "Another Part of the Forest"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Kurt have in his briefcase?
2. What did David give to Marthe?
3. What is Ben's weekly salary from his father?
4. In "Watch on the Rhine," who says, "Man has learned to make man comfortable"?
5. Anise recalls when Fanny went into labor with Sara. What was Fanny doing when labor started?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)