|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Fanny use in Act III of "Watch on the Rhine" that Kurt questions as an insult?
2. Who does Mrs. Ellis refer to as the President of the Anglo Saxon gossip club?
3. What does Fanny plan on she and Kurt playing for Babette's birthday party?
(a) "The Clock Symphony."
(b) Beethoven's "Ode to Joy."
(c) Mozart's "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.".
(d) A Chopin Nocturne.
4. Who does Lavinia think that her daughter looks like when she doesn't frown?
(a) Lavinia's grandmother.
(c) Lavinia's mother.
(d) Marcus's mother.
5. Who is Miss Sincee?
(b) Ben's intended.
(c) Regina's friend.
6. Anise recalls when Fanny went into labor with Sara. What was Fanny doing when labor started?
(a) Eating candy.
(c) Having a party.
7. What game does Fanny enjoy playing with Teck?
(d) Gin rummy.
8. What year did Marthe marry Teck?
9. Who opens the door for Kurt so that Kurt can pull Teck outside?
10. In "Watch on the Rhine," who says that "all Fascists are not of one mind, one stripe"?
11. What was Teck's vocation once?
12. In "Watch on the Rhine," who says, "Man has learned to make man comfortable"?
13. Where does Sara arrange for a flight to?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) El Paso.
14. How old are General Griggs and his wife?
(a) Both in their 50s.
(b) 58 and 60.
(c) 60 and 55.
(d) 53 and 43.
15. What name does Sara make a flight reservation for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship is Frederick to Mary Ellis?
2. How many years after World War I did the incident that Kurt refers to of five hundred Germans walking through Madrid streets occur?
3. According to David, what flies open for Anise?
4. What ship were the Ellis family planning to sail to Europe on?
5. What is the name of the outlaw radio station in Europe in "Watch on the Rhine"?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)