|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Sincee?
(a) Ben's intended.
(d) Regina's friend.
2. What rank did Isham hold in the military?
3. In "Watch on the Rhine," who says, "Man has learned to make man comfortable"?
4. Who tells Sara to tie the sash of her dress?
5. According to Fanny, who is in California?
(a) Her sister, Agatha.
(b) Her friend, Jenny.
(c) Sara's husband.
(d) Her niece, Birdie.
6. How long has it been since Carrie, Constance, and Crossman have seen Nick Denery?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Thirty years.
7. What relationship is Frederick to Mary Ellis?
(a) He is her son.
(b) He is just another boarder.
(c) He is the son of her best friend.
(d) He is her grandson.
8. Who does Lavinia think that her daughter looks like when she doesn't frown?
(a) Marcus's mother.
(c) Lavinia's grandmother.
(d) Lavinia's mother.
9. What game does Fanny enjoy playing with Teck?
(c) Gin rummy.
10. In "The Autumn Garden," who comments about a "juke-box song called Constance"?
11. Who opens the door for Kurt so that Kurt can pull Teck outside?
12. According to David, what flies open for Anise?
(b) Her mouth.
13. Where is Teck planning to go in the evening?
(a) To ask for a loan from an old friend.
(b) To meet with Nazi officials.
(c) To play poker at the Embassy.
(d) He has no plans yet.
14. What is the name of the outlaw radio station in Europe in "Watch on the Rhine"?
(a) Free Radio.
(b) Fascist-free Radio.
(c) Anti-Fascist Underground Radio.
(d) Radio European.
15. How much money do the de Brancovis have?
(a) Over $500 hidden in a suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many languages do the Muller children speak?
2. In "The Autumn Garden", who says "Come back to me without shame in wanting to"?
3. When was the main part of the Hubbard house in "Another Part of the Forest" built?
4. What time of day does the third act of "The Autumn Garden" begin?
5. Who does Ben refer to as a drunken crook?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)