|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Birdie, where is her music album located?
(a) In the drawer of her night table.
(b) Bottom shelf in the parlor.
(c) Near the piano.
(d) Left drawer of her desk.
2. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," when does Joe pull away from Karen?
(a) When she says good-bye.
(b) When Karen leans over to kiss him.
(c) When she greets him.
(d) When she refuses to marry him.
3. What are the last words spoken in "Days to Come"?
(a) Your animals weren't touched.
(b) People say a lot of things they don't mean.
(c) For all the days to come.
(d) Get out.
4. Who is the author of the work that Peggy is reading out loud in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
(b) Jane Austen.
(d) Percy Shelley.
5. Who is the blind man that Wilkie talks of nursing along?
6. In "Days to Come," where does Scene I of Act II take place?
(a) Strike office.
(b) Rodman kitchen.
(c) Rodman living room.
(d) Whalen's room at the boarding house.
7. What are Lois and Catherine studying frantically in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
8. What is Joe's nickname for Mrs. Mortar?
(a) Her highness.
(b) Hedda Gabler.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Greta Garbo.
9. What does Cora reveal to Andrew?
(a) That he's being arrested.
(b) That she's having an affair.
(c) That she's moving out.
(d) That Ellicott is in love with Julie.
10. Where does Joe want to move with Karen and Martha?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
11. What nickname does Alexandra go by with members of her family?
12. What does Mossie do in Act I that irritates Easter?
(a) Chews gum.
(b) Cracks his knuckles.
(d) Plays with knives.
13. What happened to Whalen's friend, Cliff Taylor?
(a) Went into politics.
(b) Successfully settled a strike.
(d) Had his throat cut.
14. Where does Martha talk of sending her aunt?
(d) New York.
15. What does Cora carry when she first appears in Act I of "Days to Come"?
(a) Ceramic elephant.
(b) Chocolate cake.
(c) Cup of tea.
(d) Clay horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Birdie's mother used to give her elderberry wine for when she was young?
2. Who does Mrs. Mortar open the front door to?
3. Where did Horace and Alexandra stop over night?
4. What does Cora offer to Ellicott from a small box?
5. Who stole the missing food in Act II of "Days to Come"?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)