|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the usual dessert on Wednesdays at the Tilford home?
(a) Butterscotch pudding.
(b) Fudge cake.
(c) Apple pie.
(d) Cherry strudel.
2. What is Joe's nickname for Mrs. Mortar?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) Greta Garbo.
(c) Her highness.
(d) Hedda Gabler.
3. What does Cora carry when she first appears in Act I of "Days to Come"?
(a) Ceramic elephant.
(b) Clay horse.
(c) Chocolate cake.
(d) Cup of tea.
4. Who says, "Losers never like music"?
5. Who is planning on marrying Joe?
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Tilden.
6. What nickname does Alexandra go by with members of her family?
7. How many girls are in the opening scene of "The Children's Hour"?
(d) Only one.
8. What are Lois and Catherine studying frantically in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
9. How much money was in Firth's savings account until Clyde needed it?
10. Approximately how old is Julie?
11. What did Birdie's mother used to give her elderberry wine for when she was young?
(b) Stomach cramps.
(c) A cold.
12. According to Birdie, where is her music album located?
(a) In the drawer of her night table.
(b) Bottom shelf in the parlor.
(c) Left drawer of her desk.
(d) Near the piano.
13. Where does Act III of "The Children's Hour" take place?
(a) The kitchen at the school.
(b) Mrs. Tilford's living room.
(c) The living room of the school.
(d) Karen's bedroom.
14. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," when does Joe pull away from Karen?
(a) When she refuses to marry him.
(b) When she greets him.
(c) When Karen leans over to kiss him.
(d) When she says good-bye.
15. Where does "Days to Come" take place?
(a) Independence, Missouri.
(b) South Bend, Indiana.
(c) Augusta, Georgia.
(d) Callom, Ohio.
Short Answer Questions
1. All three acts of "The Little Foxes" have the same setting. What is it?
2. What does Addie bring for Birdie, Horace, and Alexandra to snack on in Act III?
3. Who says in "The Children's Hour" Act II, "It's not nice to frighten people by pretending to be sick when you aren't"?
4. What does Whalen discover in the alley outside of his office?
5. Who told Julie that Leo Whalen likes to walk along the river?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)