Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Birdie, where is her music album located?
(a) In the drawer of her night table.
(b) Left drawer of her desk.
(c) Bottom shelf in the parlor.
(d) Near the piano.
2. What nickname does Alexandra go by with members of her family?
3. Who is the blind man that Wilkie talks of nursing along?
4. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," when does Joe pull away from Karen?
(a) When Karen leans over to kiss him.
(b) When she greets him.
(c) When she says good-bye.
(d) When she refuses to marry him.
5. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," what does Mrs. Tilford come to tell Karen?
(a) That she wants the school to open again.
(b) That she was wrong.
(c) That she's going away.
(d) That she's ready to die.
6. Who does Mrs. Mortar open the front door to?
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) A student.
7. Who told Julie that Leo Whalen likes to walk along the river?
(a) Old Mrs. Hicks.
(d) Tom Firth.
8. How does Ben alter Henry Frick's saying about investments?
(a) "Northern cotton mills will be the Rembrandts of investment."
(b) "Southern cotton mills will be the Rembrandts of investment."
(c) "Southern cotton will be the DaVinci of investment."
(d) "Southern gentlemen will be the Rembrandts of investment."
9. Who does Mary demand money from at the end of Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
10. How long had Karen and Martha worked to save money to buy the farm and start the school?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
11. How does Mary blackmail Rosalie into saying she saw things she didn't?
(a) By threatening to say she stole the bracelet.
(b) By promising to give her money.
(c) By threatening to hurt her.
(d) By promising to be her best friend.
12. Approximately how old is Julie?
13. Who is the town's judge in "Days to Come"?
(a) Judge McCutcheoun.
(b) Judge Waters.
(c) Judge Alcott.
(d) Judge Thomas.
14. Who is Sol Fowler?
(a) A businessman.
(b) An attorney.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A banker.
15. When does Act II take place in relation to Act I in "The Little Foxes"?
(a) Act II takes place the next day.
(b) Act II takes place a month later.
(c) Act II takes place three days later.
(d) Act II takes place a week later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Whalen's friend, Cliff Taylor?
2. Who is killed in Act III of "Days to Come"?
3. Who says, "Losers never like music"?
4. What's going to happen over Horace's dead body?
5. Who says in "The Children's Hour" Act II, "It's not nice to frighten people by pretending to be sick when you aren't"?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)