|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Whalen supposed to become, according to his mother?
2. Where is the setting for "Little Foxes"?
(a) A small town in the Midwest.
(b) A large city in the South.
(c) A large city in New England.
(d) A small town in the South.
3. How long was Horace gone?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Five months.
(c) A year.
(d) Three months.
4. Who shivers and makes a fire in the fireplace in Act III of "The Children's Hour," perhaps for just for something to do?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
5. Who says, "You ain't born in the South unless you're a fool"?
6. Who does Leo first say opened his uncle's safety deposit box?
(b) Joe Horns.
7. How long did Horace wait before telling Regina that Leo took the bonds?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five days.
(d) A week.
8. Who told Julie that Leo Whalen likes to walk along the river?
(a) Old Mrs. Hicks.
(b) Tom Firth.
9. Who is Sol Fowler?
(a) A businessman.
(b) A banker.
(c) An attorney.
(d) A doctor.
10. What relation is Mary to Joe Cardin?
(a) He is no relation to Mary.
(b) He's her cousin.
(c) He was once her stepfather.
(d) He's her uncle.
11. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," what does Mrs. Tilford come to tell Karen?
(a) That she's going away.
(b) That she wants the school to open again.
(c) That she was wrong.
(d) That she's ready to die.
12. What relationship is Regina to Oscar and Ben?
(a) She is their cousin.
(b) She is Ben's spouse.
(c) She is their niece.
(d) She is their sister.
13. What sound is heard a few minutes after Martha's final exit?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A cry.
(c) A shot.
(d) A knock on the door.
14. What does Addie bring for Birdie, Horace, and Alexandra to snack on in Act III?
(a) Cakes and milk.
(b) Coffee and pie.
(c) Cookies and elderberry wine.
(d) Tea and scones.
15. What does Cora reveal to Andrew?
(a) That Ellicott is in love with Julie.
(b) That he's being arrested.
(c) That she's having an affair.
(d) That she's moving out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Alexandra go by with members of her family?
2. Who claims to have saved Delia Lampert's life in Buffalo?
3. Where did Horace and Alexandra stop over night?
4. What is it that Cora wants in Act II of "Days to Come"?
5. Who in the play "Days to Come" is the "delicate prince in his ivory tower"?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)