|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who states, "When the hawks descend, you've got to feed 'em"?
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
2. Two people utter the phrase, "and that's where I've got to quit" in the first act of "Days to Come." Who are they?
(a) Cora and Andrew.
(b) Andrew and Julie.
(c) Julie and Ellicott.
(d) Ellicott and Cora.
3. What does Karen do in Act III to show that she doesn't want to listen to Martha anymore?
(b) Begins singing.
(c) Covers her ears.
(d) Leaves the room.
4. How much money has Horace set aside for Addie?
5. What is it that Cora wants in Act II of "Days to Come"?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) Milk and fruit.
(c) Chocolate cake.
6. Who says in "The Children's Hour" Act II, "It's not nice to frighten people by pretending to be sick when you aren't"?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) Miss Wright.
7. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," what does Mrs. Tilford come to tell Karen?
(a) That she wants the school to open again.
(b) That she's ready to die.
(c) That she's going away.
(d) That she was wrong.
8. Who says, "You ain't born in the South unless you're a fool"?
9. What are Lois and Catherine studying frantically in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
10. What was Whalen supposed to become, according to his mother?
11. Where has Cora been having her breakfast for thirty years?
(a) The living room.
(b) She doesn't eat breakfast.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Her bedroom.
12. Who is the last person that Mrs. Tilford telephones at the end of Scene 1 of Act II?
(a) Miriam Munn.
(c) Mrs. Wells.
13. What relationship is Regina to Oscar and Ben?
(a) She is their cousin.
(b) She is their sister.
(c) She is their niece.
(d) She is Ben's spouse.
14. What happened to Whalen's friend, Cliff Taylor?
(a) Went into politics.
(b) Successfully settled a strike.
(d) Had his throat cut.
15. How much money was in Firth's savings account until Clyde needed it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's excuse for being late to elocution?
2. According to Cora, approximately how much canned goods are missing from the family pantry?
3. Who says, "you're both being very gay with my money"?
4. Who will stay at the Rodman house, allegedly for protecting the Rodman family?
5. How long did Horace wait before telling Regina that Leo took the bonds?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)