|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cora carry when she first appears in Act I of "Days to Come"?
(a) Cup of tea.
(b) Clay horse.
(c) Ceramic elephant.
(d) Chocolate cake.
2. Where is the setting for "Little Foxes"?
(a) A large city in New England.
(b) A small town in the South.
(c) A small town in the Midwest.
(d) A large city in the South.
3. Who says in "The Children's Hour" Act II, "It's not nice to frighten people by pretending to be sick when you aren't"?
(a) Miss Wright.
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
4. How does Mary blackmail Rosalie into saying she saw things she didn't?
(a) By promising to give her money.
(b) By promising to be her best friend.
(c) By threatening to say she stole the bracelet.
(d) By threatening to hurt her.
5. Who is Agatha?
(a) One of the students.
(b) The grandmother.
(c) The Tilford's maid.
(d) Martha's aunt.
6. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," when does Joe pull away from Karen?
(a) When she refuses to marry him.
(b) When she says good-bye.
(c) When Karen leans over to kiss him.
(d) When she greets him.
7. in "The Little Foxes," who mentions how "Southern aristocrats have kept together"?
8. According to Leo, how often Horace look in his safety deposit box?
(a) Once a year.
(c) Every six months.
(d) Every few months.
9. Who tells Joe that he must not marry Karen?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
10. Who is Karen and Martha's first visitor in Act III of "The Children's Hour"?
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
11. According to Mr. Marshall, Chicago will be at whose feet?
12. How long had Karen and Martha worked to save money to buy the farm and start the school?
(a) Three years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
13. What is the name of the company that the Hubbard siblings want to invest in?
(a) Hubbard, Giddens and Marshall, Cotton Mill.
(b) Hubbard Sons and Marshall, Cotton Manufacturers.
(c) Hubbard and Giddens Cotton Mill.
(d) Marshall and Hubbard, Cotton Manufacturers.
14. Who in the play "Days to Come" is the "delicate prince in his ivory tower"?
15. How long was Horace gone?
(a) Five months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) A year.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act II, Scene II of "Days to Come" take place?
2. What's the usual dessert on Wednesdays at the Tilford home?
3. What's going to happen over Horace's dead body?
4. Who is the author of the work that Peggy is reading out loud in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
5. What was Whalen supposed to become, according to his mother?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)