|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Horace and Alexandra stop over night?
2. What are Lois and Catherine studying frantically in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
3. What does Birdie want with the profits that her husband talks about?
(a) To have Lionnet back the way it was.
(b) A new piano.
(c) To travel.
(d) A new home.
4. What hospital is Horace at in Act I of "The Little Foxes"?
(a) Mayo Clinic.
(b) Lenox Hill.
(d) Johns Hopkins.
5. Where does Act III of "The Children's Hour" take place?
(a) Karen's bedroom.
(b) The kitchen at the school.
(c) The living room of the school.
(d) Mrs. Tilford's living room.
6. Who is the author of the work that Peggy is reading out loud in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Percy Shelley.
7. Who tells Andrew, "we want this thing finished" in Act II of "Days to Come"?
8. Who does Leo first say opened his uncle's safety deposit box?
(c) Joe Horns.
9. How long had Karen and Martha worked to save money to buy the farm and start the school?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
10. What relation is Mary to Joe Cardin?
(a) He's her cousin.
(b) He's her uncle.
(c) He was once her stepfather.
(d) He is no relation to Mary.
11. Who tells Regina that Horace has clipped her wings?
12. Who states, "When the hawks descend, you've got to feed 'em"?
(d) Mrs. Mortar.
13. What is it that Cora wants in Act II of "Days to Come"?
(a) A glass of wine.
(c) Milk and fruit.
(d) Chocolate cake.
14. Who claims to have "always been lucky"?
15. Who says in "The Children's Hour" Act II, "It's not nice to frighten people by pretending to be sick when you aren't"?
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) Miss Wright.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Days to Come," where does Scene I of Act II take place?
2. How does Ben alter Henry Frick's saying about investments?
3. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
4. All three acts of "The Little Foxes" have the same setting. What is it?
5. According to Karen, who finally put an "l" in could?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)