|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Cora been having her breakfast for thirty years?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) She doesn't eat breakfast.
(c) The living room.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What does Cora offer to Ellicott from a small box?
(a) A piece of fudge.
(b) A mint.
(c) Pepsin drops.
3. Who does Mrs. Mortar open the front door to?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(d) A student.
4. How much money has Horace set aside for Addie?
5. Who is Agatha?
(a) One of the students.
(b) The grandmother.
(c) Martha's aunt.
(d) The Tilford's maid.
6. in "The Little Foxes," who mentions how "Southern aristocrats have kept together"?
7. Who is the author of the work that Peggy is reading out loud in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
(a) Jane Austen.
(d) Percy Shelley.
8. What does Regina send back at breakfast time?
9. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," when does Joe pull away from Karen?
(a) When Karen leans over to kiss him.
(b) When she refuses to marry him.
(c) When she says good-bye.
(d) When she greets him.
10. Who claims to have "always been lucky"?
11. According to Agatha, what's a good remedy for Mary if she's ill?
(a) Seeing the doctor.
(b) A dose of rhubarb and soda.
(c) A nap.
(d) Returning to school.
12. Who is Karen and Martha's first visitor in Act III of "The Children's Hour"?
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
(c) Mrs. Tilford.
13. Who tells Regina that Horace has clipped her wings?
14. Who tells Joe that he must not marry Karen?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
15. What relation is Mary to Joe Cardin?
(a) He's her uncle.
(b) He was once her stepfather.
(c) He is no relation to Mary.
(d) He's her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last person that Mrs. Tilford telephones at the end of Scene 1 of Act II?
2. Who does Mary demand money from at the end of Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
3. According to Andrew, who made him a murderer?
4. What does Karen do in Act III to show that she doesn't want to listen to Martha anymore?
5. Who told Julie that Leo Whalen likes to walk along the river?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)