|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe's nickname for Mrs. Mortar?
(a) Hedda Gabler.
(b) Greta Garbo.
(c) Her highness.
(d) The Duchess.
2. Where has Karen seen the flowers that are in the vase that Mary is holding?
(a) Karen saw the flowers in the garbage.
(b) Karen saw the flowers in the neighbor's yard.
(c) Karen saw the flowers in her room.
(d) Karen saw the flowers near Conway's cornfield.
3. Who has told Horace not to drink much coffee?
(a) Dr. Reeves.
(b) Dr. Summers.
4. According to Leo, how often Horace look in his safety deposit box?
(a) Every few months.
(b) Once a year.
(d) Every six months.
5. What was Whalen supposed to become, according to his mother?
6. in "The Little Foxes," who mentions how "Southern aristocrats have kept together"?
7. How old is Old Carter, who dies in Senateville?
8. Where does Act II, Scene II of "Days to Come" take place?
(a) Rodman kitchen.
(b) Whalen's room at the boarding house.
(c) Rodman living room.
(d) The strike office.
9. According to Agatha, what's a good remedy for Mary if she's ill?
(a) Seeing the doctor.
(b) Returning to school.
(c) A nap.
(d) A dose of rhubarb and soda.
10. What is it that Cora wants in Act II of "Days to Come"?
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) Chocolate cake.
(d) Milk and fruit.
11. How does Ben alter Henry Frick's saying about investments?
(a) "Northern cotton mills will be the Rembrandts of investment."
(b) "Southern cotton will be the DaVinci of investment."
(c) "Southern gentlemen will be the Rembrandts of investment."
(d) "Southern cotton mills will be the Rembrandts of investment."
12. Who states, "When the hawks descend, you've got to feed 'em"?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
13. Which student arrives at the Tilden's to stay with Mary in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
14. What's the usual dessert on Wednesdays at the Tilford home?
(a) Cherry strudel.
(b) Fudge cake.
(c) Butterscotch pudding.
(d) Apple pie.
15. What happened to Whalen's friend, Cliff Taylor?
(a) Had his throat cut.
(b) Went into politics.
(c) Successfully settled a strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to have saved Delia Lampert's life in Buffalo?
2. Who is Sol Fowler?
3. Who did Birdie's mother get an autograph from?
4. Who says, "How could he miss them if he never looks at them?"
5. Where does Joe want to move with Karen and Martha?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)