|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Karen seen the flowers that are in the vase that Mary is holding?
(a) Karen saw the flowers near Conway's cornfield.
(b) Karen saw the flowers in her room.
(c) Karen saw the flowers in the neighbor's yard.
(d) Karen saw the flowers in the garbage.
2. Where does Act III of "The Children's Hour" take place?
(a) The kitchen at the school.
(b) Mrs. Tilford's living room.
(c) The living room of the school.
(d) Karen's bedroom.
3. What relation is Mary to Joe Cardin?
(a) He's her uncle.
(b) He is no relation to Mary.
(c) He's her cousin.
(d) He was once her stepfather.
4. Who is Sol Fowler?
(a) A businessman.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A banker.
(d) An attorney.
5. What does Cora offer to Ellicott from a small box?
(a) Pepsin drops.
(b) A mint.
(c) A piece of fudge.
6. What does Birdie want with the profits that her husband talks about?
(a) A new home.
(b) To have Lionnet back the way it was.
(c) A new piano.
(d) To travel.
7. What two friends can't come to an agreement in Act I of "Days to Come"?
(a) Andrew and Firth.
(b) Cora and Julie.
(c) Whalen and Firsth.
(d) Ellicott and Andrew.
8. What is the name of the company that the Hubbard siblings want to invest in?
(a) Hubbard, Giddens and Marshall, Cotton Mill.
(b) Hubbard Sons and Marshall, Cotton Manufacturers.
(c) Marshall and Hubbard, Cotton Manufacturers.
(d) Hubbard and Giddens Cotton Mill.
9. Who tells Joe that he must not marry Karen?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
10. According to Agatha, what's a good remedy for Mary if she's ill?
(a) A dose of rhubarb and soda.
(b) A nap.
(c) Returning to school.
(d) Seeing the doctor.
11. When Martha tells the grocery delivery boy that she is a freak, what else does she tell him?
(a) That she has eight fingers.
(b) Not to ever come back.
(c) To stop staring.
(d) That she is a witch.
12. What was Whalen supposed to become, according to his mother?
13. Where does Act II, Scene II of "Days to Come" take place?
(a) Rodman kitchen.
(b) Rodman living room.
(c) Whalen's room at the boarding house.
(d) The strike office.
14. Who in the play "Days to Come" is the "delicate prince in his ivory tower"?
15. When does Act II take place in relation to Act I in "The Little Foxes"?
(a) Act II takes place the next day.
(b) Act II takes place three days later.
(c) Act II takes place a week later.
(d) Act II takes place a month later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Birdie's mother get an autograph from?
2. Which student arrives at the Tilden's to stay with Mary in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
3. What does Mossie do in Act I that irritates Easter?
4. What does Addie bring for Birdie, Horace, and Alexandra to snack on in Act III?
5. In "Days to Come," where does Scene I of Act II take place?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)