|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Children's Hour, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Martha talk of sending her aunt?
(b) New York.
2. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," what does Mrs. Tilford come to tell Karen?
(a) That she's going away.
(b) That she's ready to die.
(c) That she wants the school to open again.
(d) That she was wrong.
3. Which student arrives at the Tilden's to stay with Mary in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
4. What are Lois and Catherine studying frantically in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
5. Who does Mrs. Mortar open the front door to?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(b) A student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's excuse for being late to elocution?
2. Who says in "The Children's Hour" Act II, "It's not nice to frighten people by pretending to be sick when you aren't"?
3. Who is planning on marrying Joe?
4. What is Joe's nickname for Mrs. Mortar?
5. How long had Karen and Martha worked to save money to buy the farm and start the school?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)