|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Children's Hour, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe's nickname for Mrs. Mortar?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) Hedda Gabler.
(c) Her highness.
(d) Greta Garbo.
2. What's the usual dessert on Wednesdays at the Tilford home?
(a) Butterscotch pudding.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Cherry strudel.
(d) Fudge cake.
3. How long had Karen and Martha worked to save money to buy the farm and start the school?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Eight years.
4. Who says in "The Children's Hour" Act II, "It's not nice to frighten people by pretending to be sick when you aren't"?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(b) Miss Wright.
5. Who states, "When the hawks descend, you've got to feed 'em"?
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound is heard a few minutes after Martha's final exit?
2. How much does it cost Mrs. Tilden to call New York?
3. What is Mary's excuse for being late to elocution?
4. Who is Karen and Martha's first visitor in Act III of "The Children's Hour"?
5. When Martha tells the grocery delivery boy that she is a freak, what else does she tell him?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)