|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Children's Hour, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Karen and Martha worked to save money to buy the farm and start the school?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Ten years.
2. How much does it cost Mrs. Tilden to call New York?
3. What relation is Mary to Joe Cardin?
(a) He was once her stepfather.
(b) He is no relation to Mary.
(c) He's her cousin.
(d) He's her uncle.
4. What is Mary's excuse for being late to elocution?
(a) Mary took a walk.
(b) Mary was sick.
(c) Mary overslept.
(d) Mary was studying for another class.
5. Where does Martha talk of sending her aunt?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
2. Which student arrives at the Tilden's to stay with Mary in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
3. Who shivers and makes a fire in the fireplace in Act III of "The Children's Hour," perhaps for just for something to do?
4. How many girls are in the opening scene of "The Children's Hour"?
5. Who states, "When the hawks descend, you've got to feed 'em"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)