|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Children's Hour, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Martha tells the grocery delivery boy that she is a freak, what else does she tell him?
(a) Not to ever come back.
(b) To stop staring.
(c) That she is a witch.
(d) That she has eight fingers.
2. What sound is heard a few minutes after Martha's final exit?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A shot.
(c) A knock on the door.
(d) A cry.
3. Where does Joe want to move with Karen and Martha?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
4. Who does Mrs. Mortar open the front door to?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) A student.
5. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," what does Mrs. Tilford come to tell Karen?
(a) That she's ready to die.
(b) That she's going away.
(c) That she wants the school to open again.
(d) That she was wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Karen, who finally put an "l" in could?
2. Where has Karen seen the flowers that are in the vase that Mary is holding?
3. Who is Agatha?
4. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
5. Where does Martha talk of sending her aunt?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)