|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Children's Hour, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the work that Peggy is reading out loud in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
(a) Percy Shelley.
(d) Jane Austen.
2. Who is Karen and Martha's first visitor in Act III of "The Children's Hour"?
(a) Mrs. Tilford.
(b) Mrs. Mortar.
3. Which student arrives at the Tilden's to stay with Mary in Act II of "The Children's Hour"?
4. What is Mary's excuse for being late to elocution?
(a) Mary took a walk.
(b) Mary was studying for another class.
(c) Mary was sick.
(d) Mary overslept.
5. What sound is heard a few minutes after Martha's final exit?
(a) A knock on the door.
(b) A shot.
(c) A cry.
(d) A telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary blackmail Rosalie into saying she saw things she didn't?
2. When Martha tells the grocery delivery boy that she is a freak, what else does she tell him?
3. Who says in "The Children's Hour" Act II, "It's not nice to frighten people by pretending to be sick when you aren't"?
4. Who tells Joe that he must not marry Karen?
5. How much does it cost Mrs. Tilden to call New York?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)