|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Children's Hour, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Karen seen the flowers that are in the vase that Mary is holding?
(a) Karen saw the flowers in the garbage.
(b) Karen saw the flowers in her room.
(c) Karen saw the flowers near Conway's cornfield.
(d) Karen saw the flowers in the neighbor's yard.
2. In Act III of "The Children's Hour," what does Mrs. Tilford come to tell Karen?
(a) That she wants the school to open again.
(b) That she's going away.
(c) That she's ready to die.
(d) That she was wrong.
3. How does Mary blackmail Rosalie into saying she saw things she didn't?
(a) By promising to be her best friend.
(b) By threatening to say she stole the bracelet.
(c) By promising to give her money.
(d) By threatening to hurt her.
4. What sound is heard a few minutes after Martha's final exit?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A knock on the door.
(c) A cry.
(d) A shot.
5. How many girls are in the opening scene of "The Children's Hour"?
(d) Only one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last person that Mrs. Tilford telephones at the end of Scene 1 of Act II?
2. What's the usual dessert on Wednesdays at the Tilford home?
3. According to Agatha, what's a good remedy for Mary if she's ill?
4. How long had Karen and Martha worked to save money to buy the farm and start the school?
5. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)