|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Watch on the Rhine, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is killed in Act III of "Days to Come"?
(d) Firth's daughter.
2. Who says in "The Children's Hour" Act II, "It's not nice to frighten people by pretending to be sick when you aren't"?
(b) Mrs. Tilford.
(c) Miss Wright.
3. How long had Karen and Martha worked to save money to buy the farm and start the school?
(a) Five years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
4. According to Agatha, what's a good remedy for Mary if she's ill?
(a) Returning to school.
(b) Seeing the doctor.
(c) A nap.
(d) A dose of rhubarb and soda.
5. Two people utter the phrase, "and that's where I've got to quit" in the first act of "Days to Come." Who are they?
(a) Andrew and Julie.
(b) Julie and Ellicott.
(c) Cora and Andrew.
(d) Ellicott and Cora.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old is Horace Giddens?
2. Where does Leo see a piece on an old violin?
3. Where has Cora been having her breakfast for thirty years?
4. Where is Teck planning to go in the evening?
5. Which of the characters in "Watch on the Rhine" is the reader told is 63 years old?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)