The Children's Hour, Act 1
1. How many girls are in the opening scene of "The Children's Hour"?
(c) Only one.
2. Who is the author of the work that Peggy is reading out loud in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
(b) Jane Austen.
(d) Percy Shelley.
3. What are Lois and Catherine studying frantically in Act I of "The Children's Hour"?
4. What is Mary's excuse for being late to elocution?
(a) Mary was studying for another class.
(b) Mary overslept.
(c) Mary took a walk.
(d) Mary was sick.
5. Where has Karen seen the flowers that are in the vase that Mary is holding?
(a) Karen saw the flowers in the garbage.
(b) Karen saw the flowers in her room.
(c) Karen saw the flowers near Conway's cornfield.
(d) Karen saw the flowers in the neighbor's yard.
6. Who is described in Act I of "The Children's Hour" as nervous and high-strung?
(a) Mrs. Mortar.
This section contains 3,597 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)