|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of Geoffrey's realizations about himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Sara do after Merv leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Sara say about her and Merv when she enters Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Sara do when Pfeni takes her hand in Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after the party?
5. What happens when Gorgeous tries to leave Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pfeni and Geoffrey's relationship in Act 2, Scene 1.
2. Why might Sara refuse to sing for Merv?
3. What is Sara's response to Merv's compliments in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is the significance of Merv calling Sara by the name Sadie?
5. Describe the mood as Act 1, Scene 4 opens.
6. Describe Geoffrey's beliefs about his and Pfeni's work as artists.
7. How is Sara closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What does Merv reveal about his wife?
9. How is Pfeni closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
10. How does the unseen character of Sonia fit into Act 1, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each sister is transformed in some way by the events that occur during the course of the play. Discuss each sister in turn, and how she is transformed.
Essay Topic 2
The love lives of all four women (including Tess) is an important element of the play. Discuss each of the women in turn and how their relationship reflects their character and their character's growth.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Gorgeous. How is she deeper than she might appear at first glance? What truths does she see about her sisters?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)