|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gorgeous say Sara should do in the role each of them play as three sisters?
2. What is the second of Geoffrey's realizations about himself?
3. How does Merv say he knew the friend that he and Sara have in common?
4. The morning after their night together, to whom does Merv compare Sara?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, the sisters Rosensweig confront each other. What does Gorgeous say both sisters think about Gorgeous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The love lives of all four women (including Tess) are an important element of the play. Discuss each of the women in turn and how their relationship reflects their character and their character's growth.
Essay Topic 2
What is the nature of the relationships between mothers and daughters? Though the three sisters' mother, Rita, is unseen in this play, enough hints and revelations are offered that we know a bit about her and her relationship with Pfeni, Gorgeous, and Sara. In addition, Sara and Tess have a relationship very much present in the play.
1) Offer a statement about the relationship between mothers and daughters as depicted in this play.
2) Using the sisters and Tess and Sara, offer evidence for this view of the nature of mothers and daughters.
Essay Topic 3
For many people, birthdays are a time of reflection of their past, their present, and their future. The character of Sara experiences a birthday in the play. Discuss how she is at a major crossroads. Examine her past, her present, and her future at this crossroad.
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)