Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
2. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's birthday gift to her?
3. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
4. What does Sara refuse to do for Merv as they exit Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
Though the play is not a musical, music plays a part. The play opens with the girls' choir, and it closes with a mother and daughter singing. Music is a big part of Geoffrey's life, and listening to records is part of Merv and Sara's courtship. Song and dance is performed more than once in the play. Discuss the role of music in the play and what it represents in various scenes and to various characters.
How are the various characters' identities as Jews important to them?
1) Discuss why someone might turn their back on their identity.
2) Through three characters, show how they either identify or do not identify as Jewish persons.
3) Explore, through your own opinion, whether or not it is important to hold onto your roots.
Discuss the character of Gorgeous. How is she deeper than she might appear at first glance? What truths does she see about her sisters?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)