Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
2. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's birthday gift to her?
3. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
4. What does Sara refuse to do for Merv as they exit Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
Each sister is transformed in some way by the events that occur during the course of the play. Discuss each sister in turn, and how she is transformed.
How are the various characters' identities as Jews important to them?
1) Discuss why someone might turn their back on their identity.
2) Through three characters, show how they either identify or do not identify as Jewish persons.
3) Explore, through your own opinion, whether or not it is important to hold onto your roots.
Consider the statue of Shiva, the goddess of rebirth and destruction. Examine Shiva and her symbolism in light of the character changes that Sara undergoes. How is her old life destroyed and a new life and beginning formed? Use specific examples from the play.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)