|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is the first of Geoffrey's realizations about himself?
2. What does Gorgeous say about her husband's employment in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. The morning after their night together, to whom does Merv compare Sara?
4. When the sisters Rosensweig open the wine, what do they toast to?
5. After the confrontations in Act 2, Scene 1, which sister of the sisters Rosensweig seems to be the most honest about their lives?
Essay Topic 1
Each sister is transformed in some way by the events that occur during the course of the play. Discuss each sister in turn, and how she is transformed.
Essay Topic 2
Middle age is an important element to the play. Pfeni and her sisters are all circling that particular juncture of life. Discuss the importance of the middle age years in relation to the characters. Specifically, discuss Merv's reference to his wife dying just as she was coming into her own. How might that idea (fear of death at middle age) impact the decisions and choices each sister is making?
Essay Topic 3
The love lives of all four women (including Tess) are an important element of the play. Discuss each of the women in turn and how their relationship reflects their character and their character's growth.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)