|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband?
2. When the sisters Rosensweig open the wine, what do they toast to?
3. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
4. What does Merv say about his feelings for his late wife?
5. What does Sara confess to Merv as Act 1, Scene 4 draws to a close?
Essay Topic 1
The love lives of all four women (including Tess) are an important element of the play. Discuss each of the women in turn and how their relationship reflects their character and their character's growth.
Essay Topic 2
Passion--or lack of it--plays a part in the play. Choose two characters and discuss the passion in their life (or lack thereof). Remember that passion can be work or a cause or something other than a relationship. Discuss how (if at all) their passion changes during the course of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Tess and the nature of each of the following:
1) Adolescent rebellion
3) Familial ties.
In light of these elements, how does Tess change over the course of the play?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)