|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, in a humorous story, what is revealed as Rita's advice for getting over a heartache?
(d) Finding a new love.
2. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
(a) London--she is ready to go home.
(b) Her radio job.
(c) Her sisters judging her.
(d) Keeping up her appearances.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after her night with Merv, what does Sara say caused her illness?
4. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
(b) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
(c) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
(d) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
5. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
(a) They tell her they think it's a poor match.
(b) They give her a standing ovation.
(c) They pull her aside and ask for details.
(d) They tease her.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what pretext does Gorgeous send Geoffrey away when he exits Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How does Merv say he knew the friend that he and Sara have in common during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What is the second of Geoffrey's realizations about himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. The morning after their night together, to whom does Merv compare Sara?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, the sisters Rosensweig confront each other. What does Gorgeous say both sisters think about Gorgeous?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might the tea kettle Nick gifts to Sara represent?
2. What does Merv reveal about his wife?
3. What is Sara's response to Merv's compliments in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Why might Sara refuse to sing for Merv?
5. Explain the two epiphanies Geoffrey has at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2 regarding Pfeni.
6. How is Sara closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
7. Explain why Pfeni and Geoffrey were first drawn to each other and crazy about each other when they met.
8. What sort of emotions does Pfeni seem to exhibit about her work?
9. Describe Pfeni and Geoffrey's relationship in Act 2, Scene 1.
10. What is represented by the Yiddish recording Sara plays?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)