|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The AIDS crisis.
(b) Existential philosophy.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) The Civil Rights Act.
2. What do Pfeni and Gorgeous encourage Sara to do in Act 2, Scene 2, as they share a glass of wine?
(a) They encourage her to return to their Jewish roots.
(b) They encourage her to call Merv.
(c) They encourage her to try to mend her relationship with Tess.
(d) They encourage her to go to a singles' bar.
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is the first of Geoffrey's realizations about himself?
(a) He is secretly attracted to Gorgeous.
(b) He is happiest working in the theatre.
(c) He loves leading bus tours.
(d) He is angry about his childhood.
4. What literary work is referred to in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The play Hedda Gabler.
(b) A novel by the Jewish writer Chaim Potok.
(c) The play Hamlet.
(d) The play Three Sisters.
5. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
(a) They tease her.
(b) They give her a standing ovation.
(c) They tell her they think it's a poor match.
(d) They pull her aside and ask for details.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of Geoffrey's realizations about himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Sara say about herself to Merv during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Why does Geoffrey say he prefers pop music to Shakespeare during the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sara's response to Merv's compliments in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why might Sara refuse to sing for Merv?
3. What is the significance of Merv calling Sara by the name Sadie?
4. Describe Pfeni and Geoffrey's relationship in Act 2, Scene 1.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is spoken about passion?
6. Explain why Pfeni and Geoffrey were first drawn to each other and crazy about each other when they met.
7. Who do the three sisters toast and why?
8. What sort of emotions does Pfeni seem to exhibit about her work?
9. Which sister seems to be the most truthful in Act 2, Scene 1 and why?
10. What secrets that Gorgeous has been hiding are revealed in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)