|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They died of broken hearts.
(b) They lived life to the fullest.
(c) They died unfulfilled.
(d) They lived anonymously.
2. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
(b) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
(c) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
(d) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, after their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
4. What does Sara refuse to do for Merv as they exit Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Tell a bawdy joke.
(c) Make dessert.
(d) Make love.
5. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
(a) London--she is ready to go home.
(b) Her sisters judging her.
(c) Keeping up her appearances.
(d) Her radio job.
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning after the party, how did Pfeni say she spent the night?
2. What does Sara knock over during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What is Geoffrey's post-dinner story about during Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
5. When the sisters Rosensweig open the wine, what do they toast to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is implied by Geoffrey in his scene with Pfeni when he talks of friends dying unfulfilled?
2. What might the tea kettle Nick gifts to Sara represent?
3. What is Sara's response to Merv's compliments in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Explain the two epiphanies Geoffrey has at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2 regarding Pfeni.
5. Which sister seems to be the most truthful in Act 2, Scene 1 and why?
6. What sort of emotions does Pfeni seem to exhibit about her work?
7. Describe the mood as Act 1, Scene 4 opens.
8. Why might Sara refuse to sing for Merv?
9. Explain why Pfeni and Geoffrey were first drawn to each other and crazy about each other when they met.
10. What is the significance of Merv calling Sara by the name Sadie?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)