|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after her night with Merv, what does Sara say caused her illness?
2. What does Sara say about the nickname Merv calls her during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) It was the name her mother called her.
(b) It was the name her grandfather called her.
(c) It was the name her first husband called her.
(d) It is a nickname she loathes.
3. On what pretext does Gorgeous send Geoffrey away when he exits Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He needs to finish working on his play.
(b) She needs him to pick up her medicine from the pharmacy.
(c) He is to deliver a lecture to her tour group.
(d) He is needed at the theatre.
4. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
(a) They give her a standing ovation.
(b) They pull her aside and ask for details.
(c) They tell her they think it's a poor match.
(d) They tease her.
5. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She says he reminds her of her first husband, and not in a good way.
(b) She says she is not lonely enough to sleep with him.
(c) She says she has been attracted to him all along.
(d) She says all her romantic relationships are doomed to failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Merv call Sara by when they are left alone during Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What happens when Gorgeous tries to leave Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Gorgeous say about her husband's employment in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Sara's self-assessment on the morning after her night with Merv?
5. What literary work is referred to in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mood as Act 1, Scene 4 opens.
2. What truth does Gorgeous speak to Pfeni about Geoffrey?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is spoken about passion?
4. Which sister seems to be the most truthful in Act 2, Scene 1 and why?
5. What is the significance of Merv calling Sara by the name Sadie?
6. What does Merv reveal about his wife?
7. Describe Geoffrey's beliefs about his and Pfeni's work as artists.
8. What is Sara's response to Merv's compliments in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. How does Merv compare Sara to pre-war Jewish women?
10. How is Sara closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)