|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sara and Pfeni do to Gorgeous at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) They playfully tickle her.
(b) They berate her for being so focused on material things.
(c) They play a clapping game with her.
(d) They beg her to move to London.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, the sisters Rosensweig confront each other. What does Gorgeous say both sisters think about Gorgeous?
(a) They never liked her husband.
(b) They think she manipulates people.
(c) They are jealous she is the gorgeous one.
(d) They are jealous of her marriage and career.
3. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's gift at the close of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She sings a song.
(b) She claps her hands with amusement.
(c) She throws it away.
(d) She cries.
4. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
(b) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
(c) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
(d) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
5. The morning after the party, how did Pfeni say she spent the night?
(a) Watching videos of refugees.
(b) Discussing theatre with Geoffrey.
(d) Doing a crossword puzzle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nick's birthday gift to Sara?
2. What does Merv say about his feelings for his late wife during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
4. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is Gorgeous's angry reply regarding Sara in the emotional scene during Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sara closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Describe the mood as Act 1, Scene 4 opens.
3. How does Gorgeous think her sisters feel about her?
4. What is represented by the Yiddish recording Sara plays?
5. Why might Sara refuse to sing for Merv?
6. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is spoken about passion?
7. Which sister seems to be the most truthful in Act 2, Scene 1 and why?
8. Explain the two epiphanies Geoffrey has at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2 regarding Pfeni.
9. Describe Pfeni and Geoffrey's relationship in Act 2, Scene 1.
10. What sort of emotions does Pfeni seem to exhibit about her work?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)