|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Was it fair?
(b) Was it inevitable?
(c) Was it preventable?
(d) Was it a sign of God's wrath?
2. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
(a) Her sisters judging her.
(b) Keeping up her appearances.
(c) London--she is ready to go home.
(d) Her radio job.
3. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
(a) He is being foolish.
(b) He is being rude.
(c) He is her soul mate.
(d) He is very nice.
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, in a humorous story, what is revealed as Rita's advice for getting over a heartache?
(d) Finding a new love.
5. On what pretext does Gorgeous send Geoffrey away when he exits Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She needs him to pick up her medicine from the pharmacy.
(b) He is to deliver a lecture to her tour group.
(c) He is needed at the theatre.
(d) He needs to finish working on his play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who clears the dinner table at the opening of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What do Sara and Pfeni do to Gorgeous at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. After the confrontations in Act 2, Scene 1, which sister of the Sisters Rosensweig seems to be the most honest about their lives?
4. What literary work is referred to in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is the second of Geoffrey's realizations about himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sara's response to Merv's compliments in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How does Merv compare Sara to pre-war Jewish women?
3. Which sister seems to be the most truthful in Act 2, Scene 1 and why?
4. Describe the mood as Act 1, Scene 4 opens.
5. What might the tea kettle Nick gifts to Sara represent?
6. Describe Geoffrey's beliefs about his and Pfeni's work as artists.
7. Describe Pfeni and Geoffrey's relationship in Act 2, Scene 1.
8. How is Pfeni closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What is implied by Geoffrey in his scene with Pfeni when he talks of friends dying unfulfilled?
10. What secrets that Gorgeous has been hiding are revealed in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)