|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
(a) He is very nice.
(b) He is being foolish.
(c) He is being rude.
(d) He is her soul mate.
2. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's gift at the close of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She cries.
(b) She claps her hands with amusement.
(c) She sings a song.
(d) She throws it away.
3. What is Geoffrey's post-dinner story about during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Two actors having a secret homosexual affair.
(b) An actor and a married actress having a secret affair.
(c) His own affair with Pfeni.
(d) His new play.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Tess accuse Sara of living without?
(a) A belief in fairy tales and mythology.
(c) A firm grounding in reality.
5. What do Pfeni and Gorgeous encourage Sara to do in Act 2, Scene 2, as they share a glass of wine?
(a) They encourage her to try to mend her relationship with Tess.
(b) They encourage her to return to their Jewish roots.
(c) They encourage her to call Merv.
(d) They encourage her to go to a singles' bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merv say about the circumstances of his wife's death?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, after their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
3. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband during Act 2, Scene 1?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is the first of Geoffrey's realizations about himself?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, in a humorous story, what is revealed as Rita's advice for getting over a heartache?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gorgeous think her sisters feel about her?
2. Describe Geoffrey's beliefs about his and Pfeni's work as artists.
3. What might the tea kettle Nick gifts to Sara represent?
4. What is implied by Geoffrey in his scene with Pfeni when he talks of friends dying unfulfilled?
5. What truth does Gorgeous speak to Pfeni about Geoffrey?
6. Who do the three sisters toast and why?
7. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is spoken about passion?
8. How does the unseen character of Sonia fit into Act 1, Scene 4?
9. How is Pfeni closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
10. How is Sara closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)