|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merv say about Sara's demeanor the morning after their night together?
(a) She is mercenary.
(b) She manages to be cold and warm at the same time.
(c) She is haughty.
(d) She is fragile.
2. What does Sara confess to Merv as Act 1, Scene 4 draws to a close?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) She is a secret donor to the Eastern Europe revolutionaries.
(c) She has had many affairs over the years.
(d) She hates musical theatre.
3. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
(a) He is being rude.
(b) He is very nice.
(c) He is her soul mate.
(d) He is being foolish.
4. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's gift at the close of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She throws it away.
(b) She sings a song.
(c) She cries.
(d) She claps her hands with amusement.
5. What name does Merv call Sara by when they are left alone during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Smiling Sara.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
2. What does Pfeni say about herself as a daughter during Act 2, Scene 1?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, the sisters Rosensweig confront each other. What does Gorgeous say both sisters think about Gorgeous?
4. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
5. What does Merv say about his feelings for his late wife during Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sara's response to Merv's compliments in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Merv reveal about his wife?
3. How does Gorgeous think her sisters feel about her?
4. Explain the two epiphanies Geoffrey has at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2 regarding Pfeni.
5. Describe Geoffrey's beliefs about his and Pfeni's work as artists.
6. Explain why Pfeni and Geoffrey were first drawn to each other and crazy about each other when they met.
7. Which sister seems to be the most truthful in Act 2, Scene 1 and why?
8. How is Pfeni closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What might the tea kettle Nick gifts to Sara represent?
10. How does Merv compare Sara to pre-war Jewish women?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)