|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
2. What does Sara do after Merv leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She listens to the choir recording that Tess was listening to at the very beginning of the play.
(b) She dances to Frank Sinatra music.
(c) She breaks into a song from Geoffrey's play.
(d) She speaks to the ghost of her mother.
3. What does Merv say about the circumstances of his wife's death?
(a) Merv says both he and his wife were in total denial about it up until the very end.
(b) Merv says it occurred just as they were going to depart on an around-the-world trip.
(c) Merv says it was a brutal, drawn-out death over many years.
(d) Merv says it occurred as she was coming into her own as a person.
4. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison?
(a) She says she has been attracted to him all along.
(b) She says all her romantic relationships are doomed to failure.
(c) She says she is not lonely enough to sleep with him.
(d) She says he reminds her of her first husband, and not in a good way.
5. What is Gorgeous's angry reply regarding Sara in the emotional scene during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sara only cares about money.
(b) Sara is a pushover.
(c) Sara is stubborn.
(d) Sara is jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Merv call Sara by when they are left alone?
2. What does Sara refuse to do for Merv as they exit Act 1, Scene 4?
3. When she enters the scene, during Act 2, Scene 2, who does Sara say is outside in a red convertible?
4. How does Merv say he knew the friend that he and Sara have in common?
5. At the close of Act 2, Scene 2, what do the sisters say they look forward to talking about in the future over tea?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)