|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merv say he knew the friend that he and Sara have in common during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) They went to the same synagogue.
(b) She was the wife of his rabbi.
(c) They had a one-night stand.
(d) They had a long-term affair.
2. After revealing how she spent the night, in Act 2, Scene 1, what does Pfeni say about her feelings?
(a) She was bored out of her mind.
(b) She felt
(c) She felt left out.
(d) She was both excited and guilty about the project.
3. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
4. What happens when Gorgeous tries to leave Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She breaks the heel on her shoe.
(b) She starts sobbing.
(c) She trips.
(d) She breaks into the song Geoffrey and Pfeni were listening to at the beginning of the scene.
5. What do Tess and Sara argue about during Act 1, Scene 4?
(d) Tess's appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Gorgeous's shoe as she explains it in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, in a humorous story, what is revealed as Rita's advice for getting over a heartache?
3. What does Merv say about his feelings for his late wife during Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison during Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Sara say about the nickname Merv calls her during Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara reveal to Merv in Act 1, Scene 4, about her emotional state?
2. How is Sara closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is the significance of Merv calling Sara by the name Sadie?
4. Who do the three sisters toast and why?
5. Why might Sara refuse to sing for Merv?
6. How is Pfeni closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
7. Explain the two epiphanies Geoffrey has at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2 regarding Pfeni.
8. What might the tea kettle Nick gifts to Sara represent?
9. Describe Pfeni and Geoffrey's relationship in Act 2, Scene 1.
10. What secrets that Gorgeous has been hiding are revealed in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)