|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tom and Tess say they have to do as they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Deliver costumes to the theatre.
(b) Go out for pizza as neither one liked the dinner.
(c) Visit his father.
(d) Plan a candleight vigil.
2. What is Nick's birthday gift to Sara?
(a) A book.
(b) A plain tea kettle.
(c) A framed picture of the three sisters.
3. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
(a) They pull her aside and ask for details.
(b) They tell her they think it's a poor match.
(c) They tease her.
(d) They give her a standing ovation.
4. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Tess and Tom.
5. What does Sara say she wants to do with Geoffrey as the two of them discuss their relationship at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Write a hit play.
(b) Settle down.
(c) Break up.
(d) Have a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of Geoffrey's realizations about himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. When she knocks the item over, what does she do during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. When Gorgeous is alone with Pfeni during Act 2, Scene 1, what does she say about Geoffrey?
4. The morning after, during Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara imply about her night with Merv?
5. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secrets that Gorgeous has been hiding are revealed in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Describe Geoffrey's beliefs about his and Pfeni's work as artists.
3. What does Sara reveal to Merv in Act 1, Scene 4, about her emotional state?
4. Which sister seems to be the most truthful in Act 2, Scene 1 and why?
5. What is represented by the Yiddish recording Sara plays?
6. How does Gorgeous think her sisters feel about her?
7. What truth does Gorgeous speak to Pfeni about Geoffrey?
8. What is implied by Geoffrey in his scene with Pfeni when he talks of friends dying unfulfilled?
9. What might the tea kettle Nick gifts to Sara represent?
10. How does the unseen character of Sonia fit into Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)