|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after her night with Merv, what does Sara say caused her illness?
2. What does Gorgeous first say about their mother in Act 2, Scene 2, after the revelations about the Sisters Rosensweig's relationships?
(a) She should have explained more about sex.
(b) She did an awful job raising them.
(c) She did a wonderful job raising them.
(d) She should have emphasized their Jewish faith more.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, after their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
4. What is Gorgeous's angry reply regarding Sara in the emotional scene during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sara is a pushover.
(b) Sara only cares about money.
(c) Sara is stubborn.
(d) Sara is jealous.
5. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Tess and Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison during Act 1, Scene 4?
2. The morning after their night together, to whom does Merv compare Sara?
3. What does Merv say about Sara's demeanor the morning after their night together?
4. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband during Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How does Merv say he knew the friend that he and Sara have in common during Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might the tea kettle Nick gifts to Sara represent?
2. How does the unseen character of Sonia fit into Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What sort of emotions does Pfeni seem to exhibit about her work?
4. What secrets that Gorgeous has been hiding are revealed in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Explain why Pfeni and Geoffrey were first drawn to each other and crazy about each other when they met.
6. Explain the two epiphanies Geoffrey has at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2 regarding Pfeni.
7. Who do the three sisters toast and why?
8. What truth does Gorgeous speak to Pfeni about Geoffrey?
9. How is Pfeni closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
10. How is Sara closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)