|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tom and Tess say they have to do as they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Go out for pizza as neither one liked the dinner.
(b) Visit his father.
(c) Plan a candleight vigil.
(d) Deliver costumes to the theatre.
2. When she enters the scene, during Act 2, Scene 2, who does Sara say is outside in a red convertible?
(a) Geoffrey's ex-boyfriend.
(b) Gorgeous's husband.
3. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Was it a sign of God's wrath?
(b) Was it inevitable?
(c) Was it fair?
(d) Was it preventable?
4. Who clears the dinner table at the opening of Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Sara say about the nickname Merv calls her during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) It was the name her mother called her.
(b) It was the name her grandfather called her.
(c) It is a nickname she loathes.
(d) It was the name her first husband called her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, why does Geoffrey say he was with Pfeni at first?
2. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband during Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What do Tess and Sara argue about during Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Sara say about herself to Merv during Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara reveal to Merv in Act 1, Scene 4, about her emotional state?
2. How is Pfeni closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Why might Sara refuse to sing for Merv?
4. Describe Geoffrey's beliefs about his and Pfeni's work as artists.
5. What might the tea kettle Nick gifts to Sara represent?
6. Explain why Pfeni and Geoffrey were first drawn to each other and crazy about each other when they met.
7. What secrets that Gorgeous has been hiding are revealed in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What does Merv reveal about his wife?
9. Describe Pfeni and Geoffrey's relationship in Act 2, Scene 1.
10. Which sister seems to be the most truthful in Act 2, Scene 1 and why?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)