Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
(a) It is not worth pursuing.
(b) It is a world she is homesick for.
(c) It is a world filled with life.
(d) It does not exist.
2. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's birthday gift to her?
(a) She cries.
(b) She claps her hands with amusement.
(c) She sings a song.
(d) She throws it away.
3. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
(b) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
(c) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
(d) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
4. What does Sara refuse to do for Merv as they exit Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Tell a bawdy joke.
(b) Make love.
(c) Make dessert.
5. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The AIDS crisis.
(b) The Civil Rights Act.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) Existential philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pfeni and Gorgeous encourage Sara to do in Act 2, Scene 2, as they share a glass of wine?
2. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
3. What does Sara do after Merv leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What name does Merv call Sara by when they are left alone?
5. What does Merv say about the circumstances of his wife's death?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)