|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara say about her and Merv when she enters Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are totally compatible.
(b) They are making plans for the future.
(c) They had a terrible fight.
(d) There is no possible future.
2. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
(a) They give her a standing ovation.
(b) They pull her aside and ask for details.
(c) They tell her they think it's a poor match.
(d) They tease her.
3. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's gift at the close of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She throws it away.
(b) She claps her hands with amusement.
(c) She cries.
(d) She sings a song.
4. What do Pfeni and Gorgeous encourage Sara to do in Act 2, Scene 2, as they share a glass of wine?
(a) They encourage her to call Merv.
(b) They encourage her to try to mend her relationship with Tess.
(c) They encourage her to return to their Jewish roots.
(d) They encourage her to go to a singles' bar.
5. What is Gorgeous's angry reply regarding Sara in the emotional scene during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sara is stubborn.
(b) Sara only cares about money.
(c) Sara is jealous.
(d) Sara is a pushover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara refuse to do for Merv as they exit Act 1, Scene 4?
2. The morning after the party, how did Pfeni say she spent the night?
3. What does Sara do after Merv leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
5. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sara closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How does the unseen character of Sonia fit into Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What truth does Gorgeous speak to Pfeni about Geoffrey?
4. Explain the two epiphanies Geoffrey has at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2 regarding Pfeni.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is spoken about passion?
6. What is the significance of Merv calling Sara by the name Sadie?
7. Describe Geoffrey's beliefs about his and Pfeni's work as artists.
8. Why might Sara refuse to sing for Merv?
9. Explain why Pfeni and Geoffrey were first drawn to each other and crazy about each other when they met.
10. How does Gorgeous think her sisters feel about her?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)