|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
(b) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
(c) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
(d) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
2. What does Gorgeous say about her husband's employment in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He lost his law firm job.
(b) He lost his banking job.
(c) He is contemplating retirement.
(d) He is moving to London to take a new job.
3. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They lived anonymously.
(b) They lived life to the fullest.
(c) They died of broken hearts.
(d) They died unfulfilled.
4. What does Merv say about Sara's demeanor the morning after their night together?
(a) She is fragile.
(b) She is mercenary.
(c) She manages to be cold and warm at the same time.
(d) She is haughty.
5. What compliment does Geoffrey pay to Pfeni during their conversation at the start of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She knows who she is.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is intelligent.
(d) She is capable of being alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of Geoffrey's realizations about himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Sara say about herself to Merv during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
4. What does Sara do when Pfeni takes her hand in Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after the party?
5. What does Sara say she wants to do with Geoffrey as the two of them discuss their relationship at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara reveal to Merv in Act 1, Scene 4, about her emotional state?
2. Describe the mood as Act 1, Scene 4 opens.
3. What sort of emotions does Pfeni seem to exhibit about her work?
4. How does the unseen character of Sonia fit into Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Explain the two epiphanies Geoffrey has at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2 regarding Pfeni.
6. What is represented by the Yiddish recording Sara plays?
7. How is Sara closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
8. Explain why Pfeni and Geoffrey were first drawn to each other and crazy about each other when they met.
9. Who do the three sisters toast and why?
10. How is Pfeni closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)