|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Geoffrey and Pfeni say they have to go when they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A meeting.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) A candlelight vigil.
(d) A play.
2. What happened to Gorgeous's shoe as she explains it in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She threw it at her husband.
(b) She lost it after a secret tryst.
(c) She got the heel caught in the escalator.
(d) She lost it on the subway.
3. The morning after their night together, to whom does Merv compare Sara?
(a) His sister.
(b) His late wife.
(c) His former lover, Sonia.
(d) Jewish women he's seen in photos from pre-war Europe.
4. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
(a) They tease her.
(b) They tell her they think it's a poor match.
(c) They give her a standing ovation.
(d) They pull her aside and ask for details.
5. What is Sara's self-assessment on the morning after her night with Merv?
(a) She says she is a yenta.
(b) She says she is cold and bitter.
(c) She says she is warm and energetic.
(d) She says she is smart and remote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
2. What does Sara do when Pfeni takes her hand in Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after the party?
3. What does Sara say about the nickname Merv calls her during Act 1, Scene 4?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, after their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
5. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison during Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What truth does Gorgeous speak to Pfeni about Geoffrey?
2. Describe Pfeni and Geoffrey's relationship in Act 2, Scene 1.
3. How is Sara closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Describe Geoffrey's beliefs about his and Pfeni's work as artists.
5. What sort of emotions does Pfeni seem to exhibit about her work?
6. Who do the three sisters toast and why?
7. What might the tea kettle Nick gifts to Sara represent?
8. What secrets that Gorgeous has been hiding are revealed in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What is the significance of Merv calling Sara by the name Sadie?
10. What is represented by the Yiddish recording Sara plays?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)