|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
(a) It is a world filled with life.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) It is a world she is homesick for.
(d) It is not worth pursuing.
2. What does Sara say about the nickname Merv calls her during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) It was the name her grandfather called her.
(b) It was the name her first husband called her.
(c) It is a nickname she loathes.
(d) It was the name her mother called her.
3. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
(a) He is her soul mate.
(b) He is being rude.
(c) He is very nice.
(d) He is being foolish.
4. When the sisters Rosensweig open the wine, what do they toast to?
(b) Their mother.
(c) New beginnings.
5. What happened to Gorgeous's shoe as she explains it in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She threw it at her husband.
(b) She lost it after a secret tryst.
(c) She got the heel caught in the escalator.
(d) She lost it on the subway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pfeni say about herself as a daughter during Act 2, Scene 1?
2. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
3. After revealing how she spent the night, in Act 2, Scene 1, what does Pfeni say about her feelings?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is the first of Geoffrey's realizations about himself?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Tess accuse Sara of living without?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Merv calling Sara by the name Sadie?
2. How does Merv compare Sara to pre-war Jewish women?
3. Describe the mood as Act 1, Scene 4 opens.
4. What is represented by the Yiddish recording Sara plays?
5. What does Sara reveal to Merv in Act 1, Scene 4, about her emotional state?
6. How is Sara closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
7. How is Pfeni closer to her true self after Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What is Sara's response to Merv's compliments in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. Explain why Pfeni and Geoffrey were first drawn to each other and crazy about each other when they met.
10. How does Gorgeous think her sisters feel about her?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)