|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merv do as a profession?
(a) He manufactures statues like the one of Shiva.
(b) He manufactures fake fur.
(c) He is a theater director.
(d) He makes wigs for actors.
2. What does Geoffrey say about his relationship with Pfeni?
(a) He says he is miserable.
(b) He says they need to spend more time together.
(c) He says it is perfect.
(d) He says it would be perfect if she would only agree to marry him.
3. What sort of dinner is Merv hoping for?
(a) Indian cuisine.
(b) A roast.
(c) A five-course dinner.
4. When Pfeni tells a story about their childhood in New York, what does Sara feel she is doing?
(a) Romanticizing their younger years.
(b) Telling lies about their younger years just to impress Tess.
(c) Justifying her behavior.
(d) Purposely forgetting all about their Jewish traditions.
5. What did Sara's surgery prevent her from doing?
(a) Being there for Tess when she was having trouble in school.
(b) Being at their father's deathbed.
(c) Being at Gorgeous's wedding.
(d) Being at her mother's deathbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gorgeous search for at the close of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Merv arrive at the door with?
3. Why doesn't Tess want Nick to come to dinner?
4. Gorgeous's husband does not attend the party. What reason is give in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Gorgeous say about her current situation in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is represented by Sara's rejection of the statue of Shiva?
2. How does Sara appear to feel about her past?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, give an example that demonstrates what is revealed about Pfeni's self-image.
4. How does Sara feel about Tess's school project?
5. What does Sara believe men's perceptions of her are, and how does Merv seem to perceive her?
6. In Act 1, Scene 2, what are the preparations for the Sabbath?
7. Why might Tess being doing her school project at the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
8. Describe the relationship between Geoffrey and Pfeni.
9. What does Gorgeous appear to be interested in?
10. What is the basis for the political arguments in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)