|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could the amount of time Pfeni and Geoffrey spend together be categorized?
(a) They spend all of their time together.
(b) They have a very specific arrangement to only see each other every other weekend.
(c) They see each other only on their yearly vacation.
(d) They spend much of the time apart.
2. What does Sara think of Tess's project?
(a) She thinks Tess is lying about the project.
(b) She thinks the teacher who assigned it is too liberal.
(c) She cannot imagine that her past has any importance.
(d) She thinks Tess should concentrate on math and science.
3. What do Geoffrey and Pfeni do to entertain everyone at the party in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) They tell a long joke.
(b) They recite a rhyming poem.
(c) They perform a song.
(d) They play charades.
4. At the close of Act 1, Scene 2, Sara makes and announcement. What does Sara say will occur in a half-hour?
(b) Another ceremony.
(c) A game of charades as an ice-breaker for the party.
(d) A big secret will be announced.
5. Who are Tom and Tess arguing with at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of dinner is Merv hoping for?
2. In preparation for the Sabbath ceremony, what does Gorgeous do?
3. What does Sara say she is grateful for as she makes a brief speech in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How does Pfeni feel about her appearance?
5. How many times has Sara been married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be discerned about the sisters' father?
2. What might be inferred about the play or the people in it from the performance from The Scarlet Pimpernel?
3. How does Merv appear to feel about his Jewishness?
4. What comparisons might be drawn between the Chekhov play, The Sisters, and this one?
5. What does Act 1, Scene 2 reveal about Sara's attitudes toward marriage and how is this revealed?
6. How does Sara act toward Merv in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What is learned about the unseen mother of the three sisters in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. Sara says Pfeni sounds very "New York." What does she mean by that?
9. What does Sara believe men's perceptions of her are, and how does Merv seem to perceive her?
10. What is represented by Sara's rejection of the statue of Shiva?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)