|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara tell Pfeni to do after the ceremony and exchange with Gorgeous?
(a) She says Pfeni should say her prayers as well.
(b) She says Pfeni should leave.
(c) She says Pfeni should blow out the candles.
(d) She says Pfeni always starts conflict.
2. What delegation is Geoffrey expecting?
(a) A delegation of homeless people.
(b) A delegation of revolutionaries.
(c) A delegation of American theater owners.
(d) A delegation of foreign dignitaries.
3. How many times has Sara been married?
4. What does Pfeni say is her motivation for coming to dinner?
(a) She doesn't want Gorgeous to be the only sister who shows up.
(b) She has nothing better to do.
(c) She wants to meet Tess's boyfriend.
(d) She wants to return to her Jewish roots.
5. What is one of Merv's concerns regarding the discussion at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Whether he has overstayed his welcome.
(b) Musical theater is dying.
(d) Deciphering Nick's accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merv say about his former wife?
2. Where was Merv prior to arriving at Sara's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What expression does Sara use to express what she expects of Tess?
4. What does Gorgeous say about Sara after their exchange about the ceremony?
5. What do Sara and Nick discuss during the party debate in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sara say people compare Tess to and why?
2. Which sister seems to be the most truthful in Act 2, Scene 1 and why?
3. How does Sara feel about Tess's school project?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, give an example that demonstrates what is revealed about Pfeni's self-image.
5. What are some of the things learned about Sara's surgery and her feelings about it?
6. What does Sara reveal to Merv in Act 1, Scene 4, about her emotional state?
7. What is Sara's opinion of Geoffrey and Pfeni's relationship, and how is this revealed?
8. How does Sara act toward Merv in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What do we learn about the time setting of this play in Act 1, Scene 3, and what indicates that?
10. Sara says Pfeni sounds very "New York." What does she mean by that?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)