|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gorgeous do for a living?
(a) She is an artist,
(b) She hosts a radio call-in show.
(c) She works in musical theater.
(d) She teaches.
2. Who joins in the childhood game Sara and Pfeni play?
(d) A representation of Shiva.
3. Who are Tom and Tess arguing with at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What did Sara's surgery prevent her from doing?
(a) Being there for Tess when she was having trouble in school.
(b) Being at her mother's deathbed.
(c) Being at Gorgeous's wedding.
(d) Being at their father's deathbed.
5. What does Geoffrey suddenly remember before he exits Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The actual meeting place for the delegation.
(b) The present he bought but left at home.
(c) Where he first met Merv.
(d) Where he put his lost keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gorgeous say about their father?
2. What cause do Tom and Tess support?
3. What do Geoffrey and Pfeni do to entertain everyone at the party in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Sara say men usually feel about her?
5. What delegation is Geoffrey expecting?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what are the preparations for the Sabbath?
2. Describe the character of Merv.
3. What might be said about the relationships between mothers and daughters in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What are some of the things learned about Sara's surgery and her feelings about it?
5. How does Sara appear to feel about her past?
6. What is the basis for the political arguments in Act 1, Scene 3?
7. What comparisons might be drawn between the Chekhov play, The Sisters, and this one?
8. Describe the relationship between Geoffrey and Pfeni.
9. What is represented by Pfeni's traveling with shopping bags and how is this indicated in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. In Act 1, Scene 2, give an example that demonstrates what is revealed about Pfeni's self-image.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)