|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the party as Gorgeous chatters on?
(a) The party divides into those who want to talk to Gorgeous and those who don't.
(b) The party-goers grow irritated with her jokes.
(c) The room goes silent.
(d) The party-goers grow more lively.
2. What childhood game do Pfeni and Sara play?
(b) A clapping game.
(c) Marco Polo.
(d) Hide 'n' Seek.
3. What does Pfeni say is her motivation for coming to dinner?
(a) She doesn't want Gorgeous to be the only sister who shows up.
(b) She has nothing better to do.
(c) She wants to meet Tess's boyfriend.
(d) She wants to return to her Jewish roots.
4. Whose birthday is to be celebrated?
5. How does Pfeni feel about her appearance?
(a) She thinks women should not care about their appearance.
(b) She never indicates her feelings.
(c) She is very self-confident.
(d) She is negative and says Gorgeous is the attractive one.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Geoffrey, he is responsible for educating Pfeni about what?
2. What does Gorgeous search for at the close of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What play does Pfeni quote from when she and Geoffrey are speaking at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What do Marv and Tess discuss at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What compliment does Merv pay Sara in Act 1, Scene 3's close?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things learned about Sara's surgery and her feelings about it?
2. How does Sara act toward Merv in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, give an example that demonstrates what is revealed about Pfeni's self-image.
4. What is the basis for the political arguments in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How could the character of Gorgeous be described?
6. What does Gorgeous appear to be interested in?
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, what can be inferred from Sara's participation--or lack thereof--in the political discussions that occur?
8. What is represented by Sara's rejection of the statue of Shiva?
9. What is Sara's opinion of Geoffrey and Pfeni's relationship, and how is this revealed?
10. In Act 1, Scene 2, what are the preparations for the Sabbath?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)