|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pfeni carry her belongings in shopping bags?
(a) Pfeni lost her suitcases while she was traveling around the world.
(b) Pfeni's grandmother said shopping bags were for "crazy people," and she wants to prove her right.
(c) Pfeni's suitcases were stolen.
(d) Pfeni's grandmother always carried her things in shopping bags, and Pfeni wants to be just like her.
2. What did Sara's surgery prevent her from doing?
(a) Being at her mother's deathbed.
(b) Being at Gorgeous's wedding.
(c) Being at their father's deathbed.
(d) Being there for Tess when she was having trouble in school.
3. What does Merv arrive at the door with?
(a) Shopping bags.
(b) A delivery.
(c) A birthday cake for the party.
(d) Gorgeous, the unseen sister.
4. What does Geoffrey say about Pfeni's appearance?
(a) He says she could stand to lose a few pounds.
(b) He says she should "do something" with her hair.
(c) He says she is gorgeous.
(d) He says she is attractive but does not wear clothes that show off her figure.
5. What does Gorgeous say about Geoffrey's friends when she first encounters Merv?
(a) She says they are all boorish.
(b) She says they all like musical theater.
(c) She says they are all Jewish.
(d) She says they all find her attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gorgeous's husband does not attend the party. What reason is give in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Pfeni tell Gregory about Sara's opinion of their relationship?
3. Whose birthday is to be celebrated?
4. What does Gorgeous say about her current situation in London?
5. What is Nick's reaction to the global situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is represented by Sara's rejection of the statue of Shiva?
2. What might be inferred about the play or the people in it from the performance from The Scarlet Pimpernel?
3. What might be said about the relationships between mothers and daughters in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is learned about the unseen mother of the three sisters in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is Sara's opinion of Geoffrey and Pfeni's relationship, and how is this revealed?
6. Why might Tess being doing her school project at the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What comparisons might be drawn between the Chekhov play, The Sisters, and this one?
8. How does Sara appear to feel about her past?
9. How does Sara act toward Merv in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What does Act 1, Scene 2 reveal about Sara's attitudes toward marriage and how is this revealed?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)