|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In preparation for the Sabbath ceremony, what does Gorgeous do?
(a) She makes a sign of the cross.
(b) She kneels down.
(c) She removes her jewelry.
(d) She covers her head.
2. What does Gorgeous do for a living?
(a) She teaches.
(b) She hosts a radio call-in show.
(c) She is an artist,
(d) She works in musical theater.
3. What does Sara think of Tess's project?
(a) She thinks Tess should concentrate on math and science.
(b) She cannot imagine that her past has any importance.
(c) She thinks Tess is lying about the project.
(d) She thinks the teacher who assigned it is too liberal.
4. What does Geoffrey say about Pfeni's appearance?
(a) He says she is gorgeous.
(b) He says she is attractive but does not wear clothes that show off her figure.
(c) He says she should "do something" with her hair.
(d) He says she could stand to lose a few pounds.
5. What sort of dinner is Merv hoping for?
(a) Indian cuisine.
(b) A roast.
(d) A five-course dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Geoffrey met Pfeni, with whom did he live?
2. What have Geoffrey and Pfeni done in honor of Sara's birthday?
3. What sort of surgery has Sara had as revealed in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What do Geoffrey and Pfeni do to entertain everyone at the party in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What childhood game do Pfeni and Sara play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Act 1, Scene 2 reveal about Sara's attitudes toward marriage and how is this revealed?
2. What are some of the things learned about Sara's surgery and her feelings about it?
3. How does Merv appear to feel about his Jewishness?
4. Describe the character of Merv.
5. How does Sara appear to deal with her feelings?
6. Why might Tess being doing her school project at the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
7. Describe the relationship between Geoffrey and Pfeni.
8. How does Sara act toward Merv in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What does Sara believe men's perceptions of her are, and how does Merv seem to perceive her?
10. What do we learn about the time setting of this play in Act 1, Sceen 3, and what indicates that?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)