|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In preparation for the Sabbath ceremony, what does Gorgeous do?
(a) She kneels down.
(b) She makes a sign of the cross.
(c) She covers her head.
(d) She removes her jewelry.
2. What does Sara tell Pfeni to do after the ceremony and exchange with Gorgeous?
(a) She says Pfeni should say her prayers as well.
(b) She says Pfeni should leave.
(c) She says Pfeni should blow out the candles.
(d) She says Pfeni always starts conflict.
3. What sort of mother did the sisters Rosensweig appear to have?
(a) A warm and supportive mother.
(b) An alcoholic mother.
(c) An absent mother.
(d) A critical mother.
4. Who joins in the childhood game Sara and Pfeni play?
(d) A representation of Shiva.
5. Before Geoffrey met Pfeni, with whom did he live?
(a) Sara's ex-husband.
(b) His boyfriend.
(c) Pfeni's sister, Gorgeous.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Geoffrey, he is responsible for educating Pfeni about what?
2. What would Geoffrey like to do with the delegation?
3. What does Gorgeous say about Sara after their exchange about the ceremony?
4. Why does Sara complain to Pfeni about Tess?
5. What does Pfeni say is her motivation for coming to dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Pfeni and Geoffrey were first drawn to each other and crazy about each other when they met.
2. What is Sara's response to Merv's compliments in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, what are the preparations for the Sabbath?
4. Describe the character of Merv.
5. What is the role of singing in the final scene?
6. Why does Sara want to give Merv the statue of Shiva?
7. In Act 1, Scene 2, give an example that demonstrates what is revealed about Pfeni's self-image.
8. What comparisons might be drawn between the Chekhov play, Three Sisters, and this one?
9. Describe the mood as Act 1, Scene 4 opens.
10. What secrets that Gorgeous has been hiding are revealed in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)