|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gorgeous say about Geoffrey's friends when she first encounters Merv?
(a) She says they are all boorish.
(b) She says they all like musical theater.
(c) She says they are all Jewish.
(d) She says they all find her attractive.
2. What does Geoffrey say about his relationship with Pfeni?
(a) He says it is perfect.
(b) He says it would be perfect if she would only agree to marry him.
(c) He says they need to spend more time together.
(d) He says he is miserable.
3. What does Gorgeous think the Concert of Europe is?
(a) A rock group.
(b) A musical concert.
(c) A partitioning of Eastern Europe.
(d) A political group.
4. What does Sara say about the prospect of marriage?
(a) She thinks marriage is an archaic institution.
(b) She longs to find someone to spend the rest of her life with.
(c) She thinks she is too old.
(d) She has no intention of marrying.
5. What play does Pfeni quote from when she and Geoffrey are speaking at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Anton Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard.
(b) William Shakespeare's Hamlet.
(c) Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot.
(d) Anton Chekhov's Three Sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sara's surgery prevent her from doing?
2. What is Geoffrey's profession?
3. What delegation is Geoffrey expecting?
4. What does Gorgeous say about their father?
5. Why does Sara say Pfeni sounds very "New York"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be discerned about the sisters' father?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is spoken about passion?
3. What is the basis for the political arguments in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who do the three sisters toast and why?
5. What is implied by Geoffrey in his scene with Pfeni when he talks of friends dying unfulfilled?
6. What is indicated about Tess's political views in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. How does Sara appear to deal with her feelings?
8. What is represented by Pfeni's traveling with shopping bags and how is this indicated in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. Who does Sara say people compare Tess to and why?
10. What is Sara's opinion of Geoffrey and Pfeni's relationship, and how is this revealed?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)