|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Geoffrey met Pfeni, with whom did he live?
(a) Sara's ex-husband.
(b) His boyfriend.
(c) His mother.
(d) Pfeni's sister, Gorgeous.
2. What does the statue of Shiva represent?
(a) Shiva is the goddess of destruction and renewal.
(b) Shiva is a muse.
(c) Shiva is the goddess of death.
(d) Shiva is the goddess of love.
3. What is Nick's reaction to the global situation?
(a) He wants to write a check to help the cause.
(b) He gets teary-eyed.
(c) He does not appear to care.
(d) He passionately shouts that they must do something.
4. What is Gorgeous doing in London?
(a) She is visting a famous Jewish synogogue.
(b) She never says.
(c) She is leading a bus tour.
(d) She is seeing several plays in London's West End theater district.
5. What does Gorgeous notice about the time of day near the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is 8:00 p.m. and time for the party.
(b) It is high noon.
(c) In it time for a late lunch.
(d) It is nearing sundown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the party as Gorgeous chatters on?
2. What is Tess's school project?
3. What does Geoffrey say about his relationship with Pfeni?
4. What does Gorgeous say about Sara after their exchange about the ceremony?
5. What do Geoffrey and Pfeni do to entertain everyone at the party in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gorgeous appear to be interested in?
2. What are Sara's relationships like as seen in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What are some of the things learned about Sara's surgery and her feelings about it?
4. How does Merv appear to feel about his Jewishness?
5. Describe the relationship between Geoffrey and Pfeni.
6. What might be said about the relationships between mothers and daughters in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. In Act 1, Scene 2, give an example that demonstrates what is revealed about Pfeni's self-image.
8. How could the character of Gorgeous be described?
9. What does Sara believe men's perceptions of her are, and how does Merv seem to perceive her?
10. What does Act 1, Scene 2 reveal about Sara's attitudes toward marriage and how is this revealed?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)