|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gorgeous say about her current situation in London?
(a) It is very lonely.
(b) It is very educational.
(c) It is very tiring.
(d) It is very exhilierating.
2. What does Merv say about his former wife?
(a) She was unfaithful.
(b) She was a shrew.
(c) She was intimidating.
(d) She was never threatening.
3. Before Geoffrey met Pfeni, with whom did he live?
(a) Pfeni's sister, Gorgeous.
(b) His boyfriend.
(c) Sara's ex-husband.
(d) His mother.
4. What is Geoffrey's profession?
(a) He sells faux furs.
(b) He is a costume designer.
(c) He is a theater director.
(d) He is an actor.
5. Gorgeous's husband does not attend the party. What reason is give in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is in Hong Kong on business.
(b) She reveals that he has divorced her.
(c) She does not have one.
(d) He was too busy to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the statue of Shiva represent?
2. Where does Tom work?
3. Which of these is a personality trait of Gorgeous as exhibited in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Geoffrey say about his relationship with Pfeni?
5. What do Sara and Nick discuss during the party debate in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basis for the political arguments in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What are some of the things learned about Sara's surgery and her feelings about it?
3. Sara says Pfeni sounds very "New York." What does she mean by that?
4. What are Sara's relationships like as seen in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Gorgeous appear to be interested in?
6. Which sister seems to be the most truthful in Act 2, Scene 1 and why?
7. How does Merv's shirt have meaning in the play?
8. What is Sara's opinion of Geoffrey and Pfeni's relationship, and how is this revealed?
9. What is the Concert of Europe?
10. What is indicated about Tess's political views in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)