|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the close of Act 1, Scene 2, Sara makes and announcement. What does Sara say will occur in a half-hour?
(a) A game of charades as an ice-breaker for the party.
(b) Another ceremony.
(c) A big secret will be announced.
2. Whose side does Merv take in the debate that is occurring at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Sara's side.
(b) He does not appear to have an opinion.
(c) Nick's side.
(d) Tom and Tess's side.
3. What does Gorgeous say Sara has become?
(a) A hard woman.
(b) An unfulfilled woman.
(c) A pessimistic woman.
(d) A vain woman.
4. What does Merv say about his former wife?
(a) She was unfaithful.
(b) She was never threatening.
(c) She was intimidating.
(d) She was a shrew.
5. Why won't Sara allow Tess to move to the United States?
(a) She instead plans to move them both to Australia.
(b) She says American universities are declining.
(c) She has a fear of flying.
(d) She wants Tess to go to Pais.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gorgeous do for a living?
2. When Merv invites himself to dinner, what does Sara suggest?
3. What do Marv and Tess discuss at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What delegation is Geoffrey expecting?
5. When Pfeni first arrives, she is late. Who or what does she blame that on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Merv.
2. What is represented by Pfeni's traveling with shopping bags and how is this indicated in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is Sara's opinion of Geoffrey and Pfeni's relationship, and how is this revealed?
4. What is represented by Sara's rejection of the statue of Shiva?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, give an example that demonstrates what is revealed about Pfeni's self-image.
6. How could the character of Gorgeous be described?
7. How does Sara appear to feel about her past?
8. What is learned about the unseen mother of the three sisters in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. How does Sara appear to deal with her feelings?
10. Why might Tess being doing her school project at the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)