|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sara's surgery prevent her from doing?
(a) Being at her mother's deathbed.
(b) Being at Gorgeous's wedding.
(c) Being there for Tess when she was having trouble in school.
(d) Being at their father's deathbed.
2. Why is Sara critical of Pfeni's career?
(a) Sara says Pfeni is not as successful as she should be.
(b) Sara does not believe women should have careers.
(c) Sara believes Pfeni should have gone into medicine.
(d) Sara feels Pfeni is involved in too many scandals.
3. What sort of mother did the sisters Rosensweig appear to have?
(a) A warm and supportive mother.
(b) An absent mother.
(c) An alcoholic mother.
(d) A critical mother.
4. What does Gorgeous say about their father?
(a) He was a womanizer.
(b) He taught her everything she knows.
(c) He never taught her about money.
(d) He never had a kind word for his daughters.
5. What sort of surgery has Sara had as revealed in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A nose job.
(b) A hysterectomy.
(c) An appendectomy.
(d) A facelift.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Merv invites himself to dinner, what does Sara suggest?
2. Whose birthday is to be celebrated?
3. What does Sara do as a profession?
4. What does Geoffrey say about Pfeni's appearance?
5. Who joins in the childhood game Sara and Pfeni play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sara's opinion of Geoffrey and Pfeni's relationship, and how is this revealed?
2. How does Sara act toward Merv in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Act 1, Scene 2 reveal about Sara's attitudes toward marriage and how is this revealed?
4. Why might Tess being doing her school project at the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How does Sara appear to feel about her past?
6. What does Gorgeous appear to be interested in?
7. What is learned about the unseen mother of the three sisters in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What might be inferred about the play or the people in it from the performance from The Scarlet Pimpernel?
9. What is represented by Sara's rejection of the statue of Shiva?
10. What are some of the things learned about Sara's surgery and her feelings about it?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)