|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, after their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
(a) It is not worth pursuing.
(b) It is a world filled with life.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is a world she is homesick for.
3. What does Sara say about the nickname Merv calls her during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) It was the name her mother called her.
(b) It was the name her first husband called her.
(c) It is a nickname she loathes.
(d) It was the name her grandfather called her.
4. What happens when Gorgeous tries to leave Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She breaks the heel on her shoe.
(b) She starts sobbing.
(c) She trips.
(d) She breaks into the song Geoffrey and Pfeni were listening to at the beginning of the scene.
5. What does Sara say she wants to do with Geoffrey as the two of them discuss their relationship at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Break up.
(b) Have a baby.
(c) Settle down.
(d) Write a hit play.
6. The morning after their night together, to whom does Merv compare Sara?
(a) His former lover, Sonia.
(b) His sister.
(c) His late wife.
(d) Jewish women he's seen in photos from pre-war Europe.
7. What does Sara say about Pfeni's career in Act 2, Scene 1, the day after the party?
(a) She has a calling.
(b) She should have been a teacher like their mother suggested.
(c) She is wasting her talents.
(d) She is deluding herself.
8. When she enters the scene, during Act 2, Scene 2, who does Sara say is outside in a red convertible?
(c) Geoffrey's ex-boyfriend.
(d) Gorgeous's husband.
9. What do Tess and Sara argue about during Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Tess's appearance.
10. What does Sara knock over during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A small stool.
(b) A candlestick.
(c) A vase.
(d) A glass of wine.
11. What does Gorgeous imply about her marriage in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Her husband may be having an affair.
(b) Her husband may be insane.
(c) Her husband may be gay.
(d) Her husband may be hiding his assets.
12. What does Sara say about her and Merv when she enters Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are making plans for the future.
(b) They are totally compatible.
(c) They had a terrible fight.
(d) There is no possible future.
13. Why does Tess want her passport in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She and Tom are leaving the next day.
(b) She wants to go on a safari.
(c) Pfeni has inspired her to go to India.
(d) She is afraid of identity theft.
14. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She says all her romantic relationships are doomed to failure.
(b) She says he reminds her of her first husband, and not in a good way.
(c) She says she is not lonely enough to sleep with him.
(d) She says she has been attracted to him all along.
15. What does Pfeni say about herself as a daughter during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She was invisible to her mother.
(b) She was less than ideal.
(c) She was devoted.
(d) She was the perfect obedient daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gorgeous first say about their mother in Act 2, Scene 2, after the revelations about the Sisters Rosensweig's relationships?
2. Where do Geoffrey and Pfeni say they have to go when they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What do Sara and Pfeni do to Gorgeous at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What compliment does Geoffrey pay to Pfeni during their conversation at the start of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)