Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
(a) It is not worth pursuing.
(b) It is a world she is homesick for.
(c) It is a world filled with life.
(d) It does not exist.
2. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's birthday gift to her?
(a) She cries.
(b) She claps her hands with amusement.
(c) She sings a song.
(d) She throws it away.
3. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
(b) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
(c) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
(d) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
4. What does Sara refuse to do for Merv as they exit Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Tell a bawdy joke.
(b) Make love.
(c) Make dessert.
5. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The AIDS crisis.
(b) The Civil Rights Act.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) Existential philosophy.
6. What do Pfeni and Gorgeous encourage Sara to do in Act 2, Scene 2, as they share a glass of wine?
(a) They encourage her to go to a singles' bar.
(b) They encourage her to return to their Jewish roots.
(c) They encourage her to try to mend her relationship with Tess.
(d) They encourage her to call Merv.
7. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
(a) They tell her they think it's a poor match.
(b) They give her a standing ovation.
(c) They pull her aside and ask for details.
(d) They tease her.
8. What does Sara do after Merv leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She speaks to the ghost of her mother.
(b) She dances to Frank Sinatra music.
(c) She breaks into a song from Geoffrey's play.
(d) She listens to the choir recording that Tess was listening to at the very beginning of the play.
9. What name does Merv call Sara by when they are left alone?
(b) Smiling Sara.
10. What does Merv say about the circumstances of his wife's death?
(a) Merv says it occurred as she was coming into her own as a person.
(b) Merv says it occurred just as they were going to depart on an around-the-world trip.
(c) Merv says both he and his wife were in total denial about it up until the very end.
(d) Merv says it was a brutal, drawn-out death over many years.
11. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison?
(a) She says all her romantic relationships are doomed to failure.
(b) She says she has been attracted to him all along.
(c) She says he reminds her of her first husband, and not in a good way.
(d) She says she is not lonely enough to sleep with him.
12. What do Tess and Tom reveal during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They they think Sara is having a nervous breakdown.
(b) They don't trust Merv in the slightest.
(c) They saw Sara and Merv dancing together.
(d) They heard Sara and Merv arguing.
13. After the confrontations in Act 2, Scene 1, which sister of the sisters Rosensweig seems to be the most honest about their lives?
(a) None of the above.
14. What does Gorgeous say about her husband's employment in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He lost his banking job.
(b) He is contemplating retirement.
(c) He lost his law firm job.
(d) He is moving to London to take a new job.
15. What is Nick's birthday gift to Sara?
(a) A book.
(c) A plain tea kettle.
(d) A framed picture of the three sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara say about her and Merv when she enters Act 2, Scene 1?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Tess accuse Sara of living without?
3. What does Pfeni say about herself as a daughter?
4. When Sara knocks the item over, what does she do?
5. What does Sara say about herself to Merv during Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)