|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara confess to Merv as Act 1, Scene 4 draws to a close?
(a) She has had many affairs over the years.
(b) She hates musical theatre.
(c) She is a secret donor to the Eastern Europe revolutionaries.
(d) She is lonely.
2. What happened to Gorgeous's shoe as she explains it in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She threw it at her husband.
(b) She lost it on the subway.
(c) She lost it after a secret tryst.
(d) She got the heel caught in the escalator.
3. What does Geoffrey say about Sara and her work as they talk during the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he thinks she is not working up to her potential.
(b) That he believes in her.
(c) That it is too important to her and thus means she does not spend enough time with him.
(d) That it reminds him of the pop songs they are listening to.
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is the first of Geoffrey's realizations about himself?
(a) He is angry about his childhood.
(b) He loves leading bus tours.
(c) He is happiest working in the theatre.
(d) He is secretly attracted to Gorgeous.
5. After the confrontations in Act 2, Scene 1, which sister of the Sisters Rosensweig seems to be the most honest about their lives?
(a) None of the above.
6. What does Sara do when Pfeni takes her hand in Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after the party?
(a) She pulls it away.
(b) She gives her sister a fierce hug.
(c) She breaks into song.
(d) She cries.
7. In Act 2, Scene 1, after their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
8. The morning after, during Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara imply about her night with Merv?
(a) It reinforced her loneliness.
(b) It was great.
(c) It was awkward.
(d) It was forgettable.
9. On what pretext does Gorgeous send Geoffrey away when he exits Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He is needed at the theatre.
(b) He is to deliver a lecture to her tour group.
(c) He needs to finish working on his play.
(d) She needs him to pick up her medicine from the pharmacy.
10. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
11. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Was it inevitable?
(b) Was it fair?
(c) Was it a sign of God's wrath?
(d) Was it preventable?
12. What is the second of Geoffrey's realizations about himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is more interested in men than women.
(b) He is more interested in being celibate than being with Pfeni.
(c) He is ready to move to New York.
(d) He wants to be a pop singer.
13. What does Sara say about the nickname Merv calls her during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) It is a nickname she loathes.
(b) It was the name her first husband called her.
(c) It was the name her grandfather called her.
(d) It was the name her mother called her.
14. What do Sara and Pfeni do to Gorgeous at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) They berate her for being so focused on material things.
(b) They beg her to move to London.
(c) They play a clapping game with her.
(d) They playfully tickle her.
15. What does Pfeni say about herself as a daughter during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She was less than ideal.
(b) She was invisible to her mother.
(c) She was devoted.
(d) She was the perfect obedient daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tess want her passport in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Sara say about Pfeni's career in Act 2, Scene 1, the day after the party?
3. After revealing how she spent the night, in Act 2, Scene 1, what does Pfeni say about her feelings?
4. What does Sara refuse to do for Merv as they exit Act 1, Scene 4?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Tess accuse Sara of living without?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)