|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after the party, how did Pfeni say she spent the night?
(a) Watching videos of refugees.
(b) Discussing theatre with Geoffrey.
(d) Doing a crossword puzzle.
2. What is Gorgeous's angry reply regarding Sara in the emotional scene during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sara is jealous.
(b) Sara is a pushover.
(c) Sara is stubborn.
(d) Sara only cares about money.
3. How does Merv say he knew the friend that he and Sara have in common during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She was the wife of his rabbi.
(b) They had a one-night stand.
(c) They went to the same synagogue.
(d) They had a long-term affair.
4. Why does Geoffrey say he prefers pop music to Shakespeare during the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Pop music is easier to memorize.
(b) Pop music is hummable.
(c) Pop music is more accessible.
(d) Pop music is what he grew up with.
5. What is Sara's self-assessment on the morning after her night with Merv?
(a) She says she is cold and bitter.
(b) She says she is warm and energetic.
(c) She says she is smart and remote.
(d) She says she is a yenta.
6. What happens when Gorgeous tries to leave Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She breaks into the song Geoffrey and Pfeni were listening to at the beginning of the scene.
(b) She trips.
(c) She starts sobbing.
(d) She breaks the heel on her shoe.
7. What does Merv say about Sara's demeanor the morning after their night together?
(a) She manages to be cold and warm at the same time.
(b) She is fragile.
(c) She is haughty.
(d) She is mercenary.
8. What compliment does Geoffrey pay to Pfeni during their conversation at the start of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She knows who she is.
(b) She is intelligent.
(c) She is capable of being alone.
(d) She is beautiful.
9. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A real fancy pair of shoes.
(b) A television job.
(c) An expensive piece of jewelry.
(d) A ticket back home.
10. What does Sara confess to Merv as Act 1, Scene 4 draws to a close?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) She is a secret donor to the Eastern Europe revolutionaries.
(c) She has had many affairs over the years.
(d) She hates musical theatre.
11. What does Merv say about his feelings for his late wife during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He says he loved her.
(b) He said he married her for money.
(c) He said he loved her until she cheated on him.
(d) He said he despised her.
12. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Was it preventable?
(b) Was it a sign of God's wrath?
(c) Was it fair?
(d) Was it inevitable?
13. What is Nick's birthday gift to Sara?
(a) A plain tea kettle.
(b) A framed picture of the three sisters.
(d) A book.
14. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They lived life to the fullest.
(b) They lived anonymously.
(c) They died unfulfilled.
(d) They died of broken hearts.
15. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
(a) Her radio job.
(b) Keeping up her appearances.
(c) Her sisters judging her.
(d) London--she is ready to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara accuse Gorgeous of in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. After the confrontations in Act 2, Scene 1, which sister of the Sisters Rosensweig seems to be the most honest about their lives?
3. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's gift at the close of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Gorgeous say about her husband's employment in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What do Tom and Tess say they have to do as they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)