|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after, during Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara imply about her night with Merv?
(a) It was great.
(b) It was awkward.
(c) It was forgettable.
(d) It reinforced her loneliness.
2. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He is perfect son-in-law potential.
(b) He is not an ideal son-in-law.
(c) He would be unfaithful.
(d) He would be respectful of her as a wife.
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, why does Geoffrey say he was with Pfeni at first?
(a) He was bitter.
(b) He was angry.
(c) He was lonely.
(d) He was frightened.
4. What compliment does Geoffrey pay to Pfeni during their conversation at the start of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is capable of being alone.
(c) She knows who she is.
(d) She is intelligent.
5. What does Gorgeous say Sara should do in the role each of them play as three sisters?
(a) She should assume the role of the advice-giver.
(b) She should assume the role of the "fun" one.
(c) She should assume the role of the carefree traveler and see the world.
(d) She should assume the mothering role.
6. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
(a) It is a world filled with life.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) It is a world she is homesick for.
(d) It is not worth pursuing.
7. At the close of Act 2, Scene 2, what do the sisters say they look forward to talking about in the future over tea?
(d) Their pasts.
8. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Was it preventable?
(b) Was it fair?
(c) Was it a sign of God's wrath?
(d) Was it inevitable?
9. What is Gorgeous's angry reply regarding Sara in the emotional scene during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sara is stubborn.
(b) Sara only cares about money.
(c) Sara is jealous.
(d) Sara is a pushover.
10. In Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after her night with Merv, what does Sara say caused her illness?
11. What do Sara and Pfeni do to Gorgeous at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) They playfully tickle her.
(b) They play a clapping game with her.
(c) They berate her for being so focused on material things.
(d) They beg her to move to London.
12. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
(d) Tess and Tom.
13. Where do Geoffrey and Pfeni say they have to go when they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A candlelight vigil.
(b) A meeting.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) A play.
14. In Act 2, Scene 1, the sisters Rosensweig confront each other. What does Gorgeous say both sisters think about Gorgeous?
(a) They are jealous of her marriage and career.
(b) They are jealous she is the gorgeous one.
(c) They think she manipulates people.
(d) They never liked her husband.
15. What does Sara say she wants to do with Geoffrey as the two of them discuss their relationship at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Write a hit play.
(b) Settle down.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Break up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Sara say about her and Merv when she enters Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Sara do after Merv leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
5. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)