|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara do after Merv leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She breaks into a song from Geoffrey's play.
(b) She listens to the choir recording that Tess was listening to at the very beginning of the play.
(c) She speaks to the ghost of her mother.
(d) She dances to Frank Sinatra music.
2. At the close of Act 2, Scene 2, what do the sisters say they look forward to talking about in the future over tea?
(c) Their pasts.
3. What does Sara knock over during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A candlestick.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A vase.
(d) A small stool.
4. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
(a) London--she is ready to go home.
(b) Her radio job.
(c) Keeping up her appearances.
(d) Her sisters judging her.
5. When the sisters Rosensweig open the wine, what do they toast to?
(a) New beginnings.
(c) Their mother.
6. What does Gorgeous imply about her marriage in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Her husband may be hiding his assets.
(b) Her husband may be gay.
(c) Her husband may be insane.
(d) Her husband may be having an affair.
7. What does Sara say about Pfeni's career in Act 2, Scene 1, the day after the party?
(a) She should have been a teacher like their mother suggested.
(b) She is wasting her talents.
(c) She has a calling.
(d) She is deluding herself.
8. What is Gorgeous's angry reply regarding Sara in the emotional scene during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sara is jealous.
(b) Sara is a pushover.
(c) Sara is stubborn.
(d) Sara only cares about money.
9. On what pretext does Gorgeous send Geoffrey away when he exits Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She needs him to pick up her medicine from the pharmacy.
(b) He is needed at the theatre.
(c) He is to deliver a lecture to her tour group.
(d) He needs to finish working on his play.
10. Where do Geoffrey and Pfeni say they have to go when they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A candlelight vigil.
(b) A play.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) A meeting.
11. Why does Tess want her passport in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Pfeni has inspired her to go to India.
(b) She is afraid of identity theft.
(c) She and Tom are leaving the next day.
(d) She wants to go on a safari.
12. What does Gorgeous say about her husband's employment in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is moving to London to take a new job.
(b) He lost his law firm job.
(c) He lost his banking job.
(d) He is contemplating retirement.
13. How does Merv say he knew the friend that he and Sara have in common during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) They had a long-term affair.
(b) They went to the same synagogue.
(c) They had a one-night stand.
(d) She was the wife of his rabbi.
14. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Civil Rights Act.
(b) Existential philosophy.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) The AIDS crisis.
15. What name does Merv call Sara by when they are left alone during Act 1, Scene 4?
(c) Smiling Sara.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is Nick's birthday gift to Sara?
3. What does Gorgeous first say about their mother in Act 2, Scene 2, after the revelations about the Sisters Rosensweig's relationships?
4. What does Merv say about Sara's demeanor the morning after their night together?
5. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)