|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A television job.
(b) A ticket back home.
(c) A real fancy pair of shoes.
(d) An expensive piece of jewelry.
2. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She says she has been attracted to him all along.
(b) She says she is not lonely enough to sleep with him.
(c) She says all her romantic relationships are doomed to failure.
(d) She says he reminds her of her first husband, and not in a good way.
3. What do Sara and Pfeni do to Gorgeous at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) They berate her for being so focused on material things.
(b) They play a clapping game with her.
(c) They playfully tickle her.
(d) They beg her to move to London.
4. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's gift at the close of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She sings a song.
(b) She cries.
(c) She claps her hands with amusement.
(d) She throws it away.
5. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
6. What does Sara knock over during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A candlestick.
(c) A vase.
(d) A small stool.
7. After revealing how she spent the night, in Act 2, Scene 1, what does Pfeni say about her feelings?
(a) She was both excited and guilty about the project.
(b) She felt
(c) She felt left out.
(d) She was bored out of her mind.
8. What does Sara say about her and Merv when she enters Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are totally compatible.
(b) They are making plans for the future.
(c) There is no possible future.
(d) They had a terrible fight.
9. After the confrontations in Act 2, Scene 1, which sister of the Sisters Rosensweig seems to be the most honest about their lives?
(a) None of the above.
10. Where do Geoffrey and Pfeni say they have to go when they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A candlelight vigil.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) A play.
(d) A meeting.
11. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
(a) Keeping up her appearances.
(b) Her sisters judging her.
(c) Her radio job.
(d) London--she is ready to go home.
12. On what pretext does Gorgeous send Geoffrey away when he exits Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He is needed at the theatre.
(b) She needs him to pick up her medicine from the pharmacy.
(c) He is to deliver a lecture to her tour group.
(d) He needs to finish working on his play.
13. What is Gorgeous's angry reply regarding Sara in the emotional scene during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sara is jealous.
(b) Sara is stubborn.
(c) Sara is a pushover.
(d) Sara only cares about money.
14. At the close of Act 2, Scene 2, what do the sisters say they look forward to talking about in the future over tea?
(b) Their pasts.
15. In Act 2, Scene 1, the sisters Rosensweig confront each other. What does Gorgeous say both sisters think about Gorgeous?
(a) They think she manipulates people.
(b) They are jealous she is the gorgeous one.
(c) They are jealous of her marriage and career.
(d) They never liked her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after her night with Merv, what does Sara say caused her illness?
2. The morning after their night together, to whom does Merv compare Sara?
3. What does Sara say about Pfeni's career in Act 2, Scene 1, the day after the party?
4. The morning after, during Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara imply about her night with Merv?
5. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)