|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pfeni and Gorgeous encourage Sara to do in Act 2, Scene 2, as they share a glass of wine?
(a) They encourage her to try to mend her relationship with Tess.
(b) They encourage her to go to a singles' bar.
(c) They encourage her to call Merv.
(d) They encourage her to return to their Jewish roots.
2. When the sisters Rosensweig open the wine, what do they toast to?
(b) Their mother.
(d) New beginnings.
3. What does Geoffrey say about Pfeni and her work?
(a) That it reminds him of the pop songs they are listening to.
(b) That he believes in her.
(c) That he thinks she is not working up to her potential.
(d) That it is too important to her and thus means she does not spend enough time with him.
4. The morning after, what does Sara imply about her night with Merv?
(a) It was awkward.
(b) It reinforced her loneliness.
(c) It was forgettable.
(d) It was great.
5. Why does Geoffrey say he prefers pop music to Shakespeare?
(a) Pop music is easier to memorize.
(b) Pop music is what he grew up with.
(c) Pop music is hummable.
(d) Pop music is more accessible.
6. After revealing how she spent the night, what does Pfeni say about her feelings?
(a) She was both excited and guilty about the project.
(b) She felt left out.
(c) She felt angry.
(d) She was bored out of her mind.
7. How does Merv say he knew the friend that he and Sara have in common?
(a) They had a long-term affair.
(b) They had a one-night stand.
(c) They went to the same synagogue.
(d) She was the wife of his rabbi.
8. What literary work is referred to in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The play Three Sisters.
(b) The play Hedda Gabler.
(c) A novel by the Jewish writer Chaim Potok.
(d) The play Hamlet.
9. Where do Geoffrey and Pfeni say they have to go when they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A play.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) A candlelight vigil.
(d) A meeting.
10. What does Sara refuse to do for Merv as they exit Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Make dessert.
(c) Make love.
(d) Tell a bawdy joke.
11. The morning after her night with Merv, what does Sara say caused her illness?
12. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
(a) He is her soul mate.
(b) He is being rude.
(c) He is very nice.
(d) He is being foolish.
13. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death?
(a) Was it preventable?
(b) Was it inevitable?
(c) Was it a sign of God's wrath?
(d) Was it fair?
14. What does Sara do after Merv leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She speaks to the ghost of her mother.
(b) She dances to Frank Sinatra music.
(c) She listens to the choir recording that Tess was listening to at the very beginning of the play.
(d) She breaks into a song from Geoffrey's play.
15. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Tess and Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara say about herself to Merv during Act 1, Scene 4?
2. The morning after the party, how does Pfeni say she spent the night?
3. What happened to Gorgeous's shoe as she explains it in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband?
5. What does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)