|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, why does Geoffrey say he was with Pfeni at first?
(a) He was frightened.
(b) He was lonely.
(c) He was angry.
(d) He was bitter.
2. What does Sara knock over during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A small stool.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A vase.
(d) A candlestick.
3. What does Geoffrey say about Sara and her work as they talk during the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That it reminds him of the pop songs they are listening to.
(b) That he thinks she is not working up to her potential.
(c) That he believes in her.
(d) That it is too important to her and thus means she does not spend enough time with him.
4. What does Pfeni say about herself as a daughter during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She was the perfect obedient daughter.
(b) She was invisible to her mother.
(c) She was devoted.
(d) She was less than ideal.
5. Why does Tess want her passport in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Pfeni has inspired her to go to India.
(b) She and Tom are leaving the next day.
(c) She wants to go on a safari.
(d) She is afraid of identity theft.
6. What do Tom and Tess say they have to do as they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Go out for pizza as neither one liked the dinner.
(b) Plan a candleight vigil.
(c) Deliver costumes to the theatre.
(d) Visit his father.
7. Why does Geoffrey say he prefers pop music to Shakespeare during the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Pop music is more accessible.
(b) Pop music is hummable.
(c) Pop music is easier to memorize.
(d) Pop music is what he grew up with.
8. What happens when Gorgeous tries to leave Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She trips.
(b) She breaks into the song Geoffrey and Pfeni were listening to at the beginning of the scene.
(c) She starts sobbing.
(d) She breaks the heel on her shoe.
9. What is Geoffrey's post-dinner story about during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) His new play.
(b) An actor and a married actress having a secret affair.
(c) Two actors having a secret homosexual affair.
(d) His own affair with Pfeni.
10. What does Gorgeous first say about their mother in Act 2, Scene 2, after the revelations about the Sisters Rosensweig's relationships?
(a) She did a wonderful job raising them.
(b) She did an awful job raising them.
(c) She should have explained more about sex.
(d) She should have emphasized their Jewish faith more.
11. What is Sara's self-assessment on the morning after her night with Merv?
(a) She says she is smart and remote.
(b) She says she is a yenta.
(c) She says she is warm and energetic.
(d) She says she is cold and bitter.
12. What does Sara do when Pfeni takes her hand in Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after the party?
(a) She cries.
(b) She breaks into song.
(c) She pulls it away.
(d) She gives her sister a fierce hug.
13. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tess and Tom.
14. What is Gorgeous's angry reply regarding Sara in the emotional scene during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sara is a pushover.
(b) Sara is jealous.
(c) Sara only cares about money.
(d) Sara is stubborn.
15. What does Sara confess to Merv as Act 1, Scene 4 draws to a close?
(a) She has had many affairs over the years.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She is a secret donor to the Eastern Europe revolutionaries.
(d) She hates musical theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merv say about Sara's demeanor the morning after their night together?
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is the first of Geoffrey's realizations about himself?
3. What do Tess and Tom reveal during Act 2, Scene 1?
4. When she knocks the item over, what does she do during Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)