|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after her night with Merv, what does Sara say caused her illness?
2. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Tess and Tom.
3. What does Merv say about the circumstances of his wife's death?
(a) Merv says it occurred just as they were going to depart on an around-the-world trip.
(b) Merv says both he and his wife were in total denial about it up until the very end.
(c) Merv says it was a brutal, drawn-out death over many years.
(d) Merv says it occurred as she was coming into her own as a person.
4. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
5. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Was it fair?
(b) Was it a sign of God's wrath?
(c) Was it inevitable?
(d) Was it preventable?
6. What is Nick's birthday gift to Sara?
(b) A framed picture of the three sisters.
(c) A plain tea kettle.
(d) A book.
7. Where do Geoffrey and Pfeni say they have to go when they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A meeting.
(b) A play.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) A candlelight vigil.
8. What does Gorgeous say about her husband's employment in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is moving to London to take a new job.
(b) He lost his banking job.
(c) He lost his law firm job.
(d) He is contemplating retirement.
9. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They lived anonymously.
(b) They died unfulfilled.
(c) They lived life to the fullest.
(d) They died of broken hearts.
10. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
(b) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
(c) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
(d) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
11. What does Merv say about Sara's demeanor the morning after their night together?
(a) She is haughty.
(b) She manages to be cold and warm at the same time.
(c) She is mercenary.
(d) She is fragile.
12. What compliment does Geoffrey pay to Pfeni during their conversation at the start of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is capable of being alone.
(c) She is intelligent.
(d) She knows who she is.
13. What name does Merv call Sara by when they are left alone during Act 1, Scene 4?
(d) Smiling Sara.
14. What does Gorgeous imply about her marriage in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Her husband may be gay.
(b) Her husband may be insane.
(c) Her husband may be hiding his assets.
(d) Her husband may be having an affair.
15. The morning after their night together, to whom does Merv compare Sara?
(a) His late wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) Jewish women he's seen in photos from pre-war Europe.
(d) His former lover, Sonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sara's self-assessment on the morning after her night with Merv?
2. What does Sara say she wants to do with Geoffrey as the two of them discuss their relationship at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, in a humorous story, what is revealed as Rita's advice for getting over a heartache?
4. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
5. The morning after the party, how did Pfeni say she spent the night?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)