|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she enters the scene, during Act 2, Scene 2, who does Sara say is outside in a red convertible?
(b) Geoffrey's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Gorgeous's husband.
2. What name does Merv call Sara by when they are left alone during Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Smiling Sara.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, the sisters Rosensweig confront each other. What does Gorgeous say both sisters think about Gorgeous?
(a) They never liked her husband.
(b) They are jealous she is the gorgeous one.
(c) They are jealous of her marriage and career.
(d) They think she manipulates people.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after her night with Merv, what does Sara say caused her illness?
5. What literary work is referred to in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A novel by the Jewish writer Chaim Potok.
(b) The play Hedda Gabler.
(c) The play Hamlet.
(d) The play Three Sisters.
6. What does Gorgeous imply about her marriage in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Her husband may be having an affair.
(b) Her husband may be gay.
(c) Her husband may be hiding his assets.
(d) Her husband may be insane.
7. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Tess and Tom.
8. What does Sara say she wants to do with Geoffrey as the two of them discuss their relationship at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Settle down.
(b) Write a hit play.
(c) Break up.
(d) Have a baby.
9. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They lived life to the fullest.
(b) They died unfulfilled.
(c) They died of broken hearts.
(d) They lived anonymously.
10. What does Merv say about the circumstances of his wife's death?
(a) Merv says it occurred as she was coming into her own as a person.
(b) Merv says both he and his wife were in total denial about it up until the very end.
(c) Merv says it occurred just as they were going to depart on an around-the-world trip.
(d) Merv says it was a brutal, drawn-out death over many years.
11. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's gift at the close of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She claps her hands with amusement.
(b) She sings a song.
(c) She cries.
(d) She throws it away.
12. When she knocks the item over, what does she do during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She straightens it and then continues cleaning.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs and makes a joke about her clumsiness.
(d) She runs from the room.
13. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He would be unfaithful.
(b) He is not an ideal son-in-law.
(c) He is perfect son-in-law potential.
(d) He would be respectful of her as a wife.
14. What does Gorgeous first say about their mother in Act 2, Scene 2, after the revelations about the Sisters Rosensweig's relationships?
(a) She should have explained more about sex.
(b) She did a wonderful job raising them.
(c) She should have emphasized their Jewish faith more.
(d) She did an awful job raising them.
15. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is not worth pursuing.
(c) It is a world she is homesick for.
(d) It is a world filled with life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is the first of Geoffrey's realizations about himself?
3. What do Tom and Tess say they have to do as they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What do Pfeni and Gorgeous encourage Sara to do in Act 2, Scene 2, as they share a glass of wine?
5. What does Sara refuse to do for Merv as they exit Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)