|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after the party, how did Pfeni say she spent the night?
(b) Watching videos of refugees.
(c) Discussing theatre with Geoffrey.
(d) Doing a crossword puzzle.
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, why does Geoffrey say he was with Pfeni at first?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was frightened.
(c) He was lonely.
(d) He was bitter.
3. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
(a) They give her a standing ovation.
(b) They tease her.
(c) They pull her aside and ask for details.
(d) They tell her they think it's a poor match.
4. After the confrontations in Act 2, Scene 1, which sister of the Sisters Rosensweig seems to be the most honest about their lives?
(c) None of the above.
5. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tess and Tom.
6. After revealing how she spent the night, in Act 2, Scene 1, what does Pfeni say about her feelings?
(a) She felt left out.
(b) She felt
(c) She was bored out of her mind.
(d) She was both excited and guilty about the project.
7. What literary work is referred to in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The play Hamlet.
(b) The play Hedda Gabler.
(c) A novel by the Jewish writer Chaim Potok.
(d) The play Three Sisters.
8. What is Gorgeous's angry reply regarding Sara in the emotional scene during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sara is jealous.
(b) Sara only cares about money.
(c) Sara is stubborn.
(d) Sara is a pushover.
9. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A ticket back home.
(b) A real fancy pair of shoes.
(c) A television job.
(d) An expensive piece of jewelry.
10. When she enters the scene, during Act 2, Scene 2, who does Sara say is outside in a red convertible?
(b) Gorgeous's husband.
(d) Geoffrey's ex-boyfriend.
11. What does Pfeni say about herself as a daughter during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She was less than ideal.
(b) She was devoted.
(c) She was the perfect obedient daughter.
(d) She was invisible to her mother.
12. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is the first of Geoffrey's realizations about himself?
(a) He is secretly attracted to Gorgeous.
(b) He is happiest working in the theatre.
(c) He loves leading bus tours.
(d) He is angry about his childhood.
13. What does Sara say about Pfeni's career in Act 2, Scene 1, the day after the party?
(a) She is wasting her talents.
(b) She has a calling.
(c) She is deluding herself.
(d) She should have been a teacher like their mother suggested.
14. What does Sara do after Merv leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She speaks to the ghost of her mother.
(b) She listens to the choir recording that Tess was listening to at the very beginning of the play.
(c) She dances to Frank Sinatra music.
(d) She breaks into a song from Geoffrey's play.
15. What does Gorgeous imply about her marriage in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Her husband may be insane.
(b) Her husband may be having an affair.
(c) Her husband may be hiding his assets.
(d) Her husband may be gay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband during Act 2, Scene 1?
3. When Gorgeous is alone with Pfeni during Act 2, Scene 1, what does she say about Geoffrey?
4. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death during Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What is Geoffrey's post-dinner story about during Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)