|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Was it preventable?
(b) Was it inevitable?
(c) Was it fair?
(d) Was it a sign of God's wrath?
2. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The AIDS crisis.
(b) Existential philosophy.
(c) The Civil Rights Act.
(d) Freedom of religion.
3. What is Nick's birthday gift to Sara?
(b) A framed picture of the three sisters.
(c) A plain tea kettle.
(d) A book.
4. What does Sara say about the nickname Merv calls her during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) It was the name her grandfather called her.
(b) It is a nickname she loathes.
(c) It was the name her first husband called her.
(d) It was the name her mother called her.
5. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
(b) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
(c) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
(d) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
6. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
(a) Her radio job.
(b) London--she is ready to go home.
(c) Her sisters judging her.
(d) Keeping up her appearances.
7. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A television job.
(b) A real fancy pair of shoes.
(c) An expensive piece of jewelry.
(d) A ticket back home.
8. When she enters the scene, during Act 2, Scene 2, who does Sara say is outside in a red convertible?
(a) Geoffrey's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Gorgeous's husband.
9. What does Gorgeous first say about their mother in Act 2, Scene 2, after the revelations about the Sisters Rosensweig's relationships?
(a) She did an awful job raising them.
(b) She did a wonderful job raising them.
(c) She should have emphasized their Jewish faith more.
(d) She should have explained more about sex.
10. The morning after the party, how did Pfeni say she spent the night?
(a) Watching videos of refugees.
(b) Discussing theatre with Geoffrey.
(d) Doing a crossword puzzle.
11. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She says he reminds her of her first husband, and not in a good way.
(b) She says she is not lonely enough to sleep with him.
(c) She says she has been attracted to him all along.
(d) She says all her romantic relationships are doomed to failure.
12. After the confrontations in Act 2, Scene 1, which sister of the Sisters Rosensweig seems to be the most honest about their lives?
(a) None of the above.
13. What is Geoffrey's post-dinner story about during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Two actors having a secret homosexual affair.
(b) His new play.
(c) An actor and a married actress having a secret affair.
(d) His own affair with Pfeni.
14. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
15. In Act 2, Scene 2, why does Geoffrey say he was with Pfeni at first?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was lonely.
(c) He was bitter.
(d) He was frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, after their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
2. What does Sara say about Pfeni's career in Act 2, Scene 1, the day after the party?
3. What does Sara knock over during Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Who clears the dinner table at the opening of Act 1, Scene 4?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, the sisters Rosensweig confront each other. What does Gorgeous say both sisters think about Gorgeous?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)