|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sara's self-assessment on the morning after her night with Merv?
(a) She says she is a yenta.
(b) She says she is cold and bitter.
(c) She says she is smart and remote.
(d) She says she is warm and energetic.
2. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
(a) He is her soul mate.
(b) He is being foolish.
(c) He is very nice.
(d) He is being rude.
3. What is the second of Geoffrey's realizations about himself?
(a) He is ready to move to New York.
(b) He is more interested in being celibate than being with Pfeni.
(c) He wants to be a pop singer.
(d) He is more interested in men than women.
4. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
(b) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
(c) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
(d) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
5. What compliment does Geoffrey pay to Pfeni during their conversation at the start of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She knows who she is.
(b) She is intelligent.
(c) She is capable of being alone.
(d) She is beautiful.
6. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is the first of Geoffrey's realizations about himself?
(a) He is happiest working in the theatre.
(b) He is angry about his childhood.
(c) He is secretly attracted to Gorgeous.
(d) He loves leading bus tours.
7. What is Geoffrey's post-dinner story about?
(a) An actor and a married actress having a secret affair.
(b) His own affair with Pfeni.
(c) His new play.
(d) Two actors having a secret homosexual affair.
8. What happened to Gorgeous's shoe as she explains it in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She lost it after a secret tryst.
(b) She got the heel caught in the escalator.
(c) She lost it on the subway.
(d) She threw it at her husband.
9. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Civil Rights Act.
(b) Freedom of religion.
(c) Existential philosophy.
(d) The AIDS crisis.
10. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison?
(a) She says she is not lonely enough to sleep with him.
(b) She says all her romantic relationships are doomed to failure.
(c) She says he reminds her of her first husband, and not in a good way.
(d) She says she has been attracted to him all along.
11. When she enters the scene, during Act 2, Scene 2, who does Sara say is outside in a red convertible?
(a) Geoffrey's ex-boyfriend.
(d) Gorgeous's husband.
12. When Gorgeous is alone with Pfeni during Act 2, Scene 1, what does she say about Geoffrey?
(a) That it is time for Pfeni to face facts--they are not suited to one another.
(b) That she should work harder to get Geoffrey to propose.
(c) That Pfeni clearly is madly in love with him.
(d) That they should elope--they are not getting any younger.
13. What does Gorgeous say Sara should do in the role each of them play as three sisters?
(a) She should assume the role of the carefree traveler and see the world.
(b) She should assume the role of the "fun" one.
(c) She should assume the mothering role.
(d) She should assume the role of the advice-giver.
14. In a humorous story, what is revealed as Rita's advice for getting over a heartache?
(b) Finding a new love.
15. In Act 2, Scene 2, why does Geoffrey say he was with Pfeni at first?
(a) He was bitter.
(b) He was lonely.
(c) He was angry.
(d) He was frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Gorgeous tries to leave Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband?
4. How does Merv say he knew the friend that he and Sara have in common?
5. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)