|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after the party, how does Pfeni say she spent the night?
(a) Watching videos of refugees.
(c) Doing a crossword puzzle.
(d) Discussing theatre with Geoffrey.
2. What literary work is referred to in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The play Hamlet.
(b) The play Three Sisters.
(c) The play Hedda Gabler.
(d) A novel by the Jewish writer Chaim Potok.
3. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They lived anonymously.
(b) They died unfulfilled.
(c) They died of broken hearts.
(d) They lived life to the fullest.
4. What does Sara say about the nickname Merv calls her?
(a) It is a nickname she loathes.
(b) It was the name her first husband called her.
(c) It was the name her grandfather called her.
(d) It was the name her mother called her.
5. What does Gorgeous imply about her marriage in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Her husband may be hiding his assets.
(b) Her husband may be gay.
(c) Her husband may be insane.
(d) Her husband may be having an affair.
6. The morning after their night together, to whom does Merv compare Sara?
(a) His former lover, Sonia.
(b) His sister.
(c) His late wife.
(d) Jewish women he's seen in photos from pre-war Europe.
7. What do Pfeni and Gorgeous encourage Sara to do in Act 2, Scene 2, as they share a glass of wine?
(a) They encourage her to go to a singles' bar.
(b) They encourage her to call Merv.
(c) They encourage her to try to mend her relationship with Tess.
(d) They encourage her to return to their Jewish roots.
8. What do Sara and Pfeni do to Gorgeous at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) They berate her for being so focused on material things.
(b) They beg her to move to London.
(c) They playfully tickle her.
(d) They play a clapping game with her.
9. What does Merv say about his feelings for his late wife?
(a) He says he despised her.
(b) He says he loved her.
(c) He says he married her for money.
(d) He says he loved her until she cheated on him.
10. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
(a) He is being foolish.
(b) He is very nice.
(c) He is being rude.
(d) He is her soul mate.
11. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
12. What does Sara confess to Merv as Act 1, Scene 4 draws to a close?
(a) She hates musical theatre.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She has had many affairs over the years.
(d) She is a secret donor to the Eastern Europe revolutionaries.
13. What does Pfeni say she wants to do with Geoffrey as the two of them discuss their relationship?
(a) Write a hit play.
(b) Settle down.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Break up.
14. After revealing how she spent the night, what does Pfeni say about her feelings?
(a) She was both excited and guilty about the project.
(b) She felt angry.
(c) She was bored out of her mind.
(d) She felt left out.
15. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Tess and Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the confrontations in Act 2, Scene 1, which sister of the sisters Rosensweig seems to be the most honest about their lives?
2. After their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, why does Geoffrey say he was with Pfeni at first?
4. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death?
5. What does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)