|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara say about herself to Merv during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She was always homely.
(b) She was always destined to be alone.
(c) She was different from all the other girls.
(d) She was always a feminist, even as a child.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, after their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
3. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's gift at the close of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She throws it away.
(b) She cries.
(c) She claps her hands with amusement.
(d) She sings a song.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Tess accuse Sara of living without?
(a) A firm grounding in reality.
(c) A belief in fairy tales and mythology.
5. When she enters the scene, during Act 2, Scene 2, who does Sara say is outside in a red convertible?
(b) Geoffrey's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Gorgeous's husband.
6. What literary work is referred to in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The play Hedda Gabler.
(b) A novel by the Jewish writer Chaim Potok.
(c) The play Hamlet.
(d) The play Three Sisters.
7. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
(a) He is her soul mate.
(b) He is being foolish.
(c) He is being rude.
(d) He is very nice.
8. Why does Geoffrey say he prefers pop music to Shakespeare during the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Pop music is what he grew up with.
(b) Pop music is more accessible.
(c) Pop music is easier to memorize.
(d) Pop music is hummable.
9. What is Nick's birthday gift to Sara?
(a) A plain tea kettle.
(c) A framed picture of the three sisters.
(d) A book.
10. What does Sara say about her and Merv when she enters Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are totally compatible.
(b) There is no possible future.
(c) They are making plans for the future.
(d) They had a terrible fight.
11. What is Geoffrey's post-dinner story about during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) An actor and a married actress having a secret affair.
(b) His new play.
(c) His own affair with Pfeni.
(d) Two actors having a secret homosexual affair.
12. After the confrontations in Act 2, Scene 1, which sister of the Sisters Rosensweig seems to be the most honest about their lives?
(c) None of the above.
13. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The AIDS crisis.
(b) Existential philosophy.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) The Civil Rights Act.
14. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He is not an ideal son-in-law.
(b) He is perfect son-in-law potential.
(c) He would be respectful of her as a wife.
(d) He would be unfaithful.
15. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Was it preventable?
(b) Was it fair?
(c) Was it inevitable?
(d) Was it a sign of God's wrath?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara accuse Gorgeous of in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is Gorgeous's angry reply regarding Sara in the emotional scene during Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What happens when Gorgeous tries to leave Act 2, Scene 1?
4. When she knocks the item over, what does she do during Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What compliment does Geoffrey pay to Pfeni during their conversation at the start of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)