|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sara's self-assessment on the morning after her night with Merv?
(a) She says she is a yenta.
(b) She says she is warm and energetic.
(c) She says she is smart and remote.
(d) She says she is cold and bitter.
2. What literary work is referred to in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A novel by the Jewish writer Chaim Potok.
(b) The play Hamlet.
(c) The play Three Sisters.
(d) The play Hedda Gabler.
3. When Gorgeous is alone with Pfeni during Act 2, Scene 1, what does she say about Geoffrey?
(a) That Pfeni clearly is madly in love with him.
(b) That they should elope--they are not getting any younger.
(c) That it is time for Pfeni to face facts--they are not suited to one another.
(d) That she should work harder to get Geoffrey to propose.
4. What does Merv say about Sara's demeanor the morning after their night together?
(a) She is fragile.
(b) She is mercenary.
(c) She is haughty.
(d) She manages to be cold and warm at the same time.
5. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
(b) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
(c) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
(d) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
6. What does Sara say about the nickname Merv calls her during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) It is a nickname she loathes.
(b) It was the name her mother called her.
(c) It was the name her grandfather called her.
(d) It was the name her first husband called her.
7. What do Sara and Pfeni do to Gorgeous at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) They beg her to move to London.
(b) They play a clapping game with her.
(c) They playfully tickle her.
(d) They berate her for being so focused on material things.
8. After revealing how she spent the night, in Act 2, Scene 1, what does Pfeni say about her feelings?
(a) She felt left out.
(b) She felt
(c) She was bored out of her mind.
(d) She was both excited and guilty about the project.
9. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A ticket back home.
(b) An expensive piece of jewelry.
(c) A television job.
(d) A real fancy pair of shoes.
10. What does Sara say about her and Merv when she enters Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are making plans for the future.
(b) They are totally compatible.
(c) There is no possible future.
(d) They had a terrible fight.
11. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is a world she is homesick for.
(c) It is not worth pursuing.
(d) It is a world filled with life.
12. What does Sara refuse to do for Merv as they exit Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Tell a bawdy joke.
(b) Make love.
(d) Make dessert.
13. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He is not an ideal son-in-law.
(b) He would be respectful of her as a wife.
(c) He is perfect son-in-law potential.
(d) He would be unfaithful.
14. On what pretext does Gorgeous send Geoffrey away when he exits Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He is needed at the theatre.
(b) He is to deliver a lecture to her tour group.
(c) He needs to finish working on his play.
(d) She needs him to pick up her medicine from the pharmacy.
15. In Act 2, Scene 1, the sisters Rosensweig confront each other. What does Gorgeous say both sisters think about Gorgeous?
(a) They are jealous of her marriage and career.
(b) They think she manipulates people.
(c) They never liked her husband.
(d) They are jealous she is the gorgeous one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
2. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How does Merv say he knew the friend that he and Sara have in common during Act 1, Scene 4?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Tess accuse Sara of living without?
5. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)