|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara say about herself to Merv during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She was always a feminist, even as a child.
(b) She was different from all the other girls.
(c) She was always destined to be alone.
(d) She was always homely.
2. On what pretext does Gorgeous send Geoffrey away when he exits Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She needs him to pick up her medicine from the pharmacy.
(b) He is needed at the theatre.
(c) He needs to finish working on his play.
(d) He is to deliver a lecture to her tour group.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after her night with Merv, what does Sara say caused her illness?
4. The morning after, during Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara imply about her night with Merv?
(a) It was great.
(b) It was awkward.
(c) It reinforced her loneliness.
(d) It was forgettable.
5. The morning after their night together, to whom does Merv compare Sara?
(a) His sister.
(b) His late wife.
(c) His former lover, Sonia.
(d) Jewish women he's seen in photos from pre-war Europe.
6. What do Tom and Tess say they have to do as they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Plan a candleight vigil.
(b) Go out for pizza as neither one liked the dinner.
(c) Visit his father.
(d) Deliver costumes to the theatre.
7. What do Tess and Tom reveal during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They don't trust Merv in the slightest.
(b) They saw Sara and Merv dancing together.
(c) They they think Sara is having a nervous breakdown.
(d) They heard Sara and Merv arguing.
8. What does Merv say about his feelings for his late wife during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) He said he loved her until she cheated on him.
(b) He said he married her for money.
(c) He said he despised her.
(d) He says he loved her.
9. What does Sara confess to Merv as Act 1, Scene 4 draws to a close?
(a) She hates musical theatre.
(b) She is a secret donor to the Eastern Europe revolutionaries.
(c) She is lonely.
(d) She has had many affairs over the years.
10. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
(b) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
(c) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
(d) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
11. What does Sara say she wants to do with Geoffrey as the two of them discuss their relationship at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Settle down.
(b) Write a hit play.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Break up.
12. What does Sara say about her and Merv when she enters Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are making plans for the future.
(b) There is no possible future.
(c) They had a terrible fight.
(d) They are totally compatible.
13. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Tess and Tom.
14. After the confrontations in Act 2, Scene 1, which sister of the Sisters Rosensweig seems to be the most honest about their lives?
(d) None of the above.
15. What does Gorgeous say Sara should do in the role each of them play as three sisters?
(a) She should assume the mothering role.
(b) She should assume the role of the advice-giver.
(c) She should assume the role of the "fun" one.
(d) She should assume the role of the carefree traveler and see the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say about Sara and her work as they talk during the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is Gorgeous's angry reply regarding Sara in the emotional scene during Act 2, Scene 1?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, why does Geoffrey say he was with Pfeni at first?
4. Why does Tess want her passport in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What happened to Gorgeous's shoe as she explains it in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)