|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Civil Rights Act.
(b) The AIDS crisis.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) Existential philosophy.
2. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She says she has been attracted to him all along.
(b) She says she is not lonely enough to sleep with him.
(c) She says all her romantic relationships are doomed to failure.
(d) She says he reminds her of her first husband, and not in a good way.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, the sisters Rosensweig confront each other. What does Gorgeous say both sisters think about Gorgeous?
(a) They are jealous of her marriage and career.
(b) They are jealous she is the gorgeous one.
(c) They never liked her husband.
(d) They think she manipulates people.
4. What do Pfeni and Gorgeous encourage Sara to do in Act 2, Scene 2, as they share a glass of wine?
(a) They encourage her to try to mend her relationship with Tess.
(b) They encourage her to go to a singles' bar.
(c) They encourage her to return to their Jewish roots.
(d) They encourage her to call Merv.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
(a) It is a world filled with life.
(b) It is a world she is homesick for.
(c) It is not worth pursuing.
(d) It does not exist.
6. What do Tess and Tom reveal during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They don't trust Merv in the slightest.
(b) They saw Sara and Merv dancing together.
(c) They they think Sara is having a nervous breakdown.
(d) They heard Sara and Merv arguing.
7. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Was it fair?
(b) Was it preventable?
(c) Was it a sign of God's wrath?
(d) Was it inevitable?
8. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Tess and Tom.
9. What does Sara accuse Gorgeous of in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Acting like their mother.
(b) Acting like a foolish gossip.
(c) Acting like a child.
(d) Acting like a brat.
10. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
(b) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
(c) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
(d) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
11. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Tess accuse Sara of living without?
(a) A firm grounding in reality.
(c) A belief in fairy tales and mythology.
12. On what pretext does Gorgeous send Geoffrey away when he exits Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She needs him to pick up her medicine from the pharmacy.
(b) He needs to finish working on his play.
(c) He is to deliver a lecture to her tour group.
(d) He is needed at the theatre.
13. What does Gorgeous say she is going to have soon when she leaves Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A television job.
(b) An expensive piece of jewelry.
(c) A real fancy pair of shoes.
(d) A ticket back home.
14. What do Tom and Tess say they have to do as they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Go out for pizza as neither one liked the dinner.
(b) Plan a candleight vigil.
(c) Visit his father.
(d) Deliver costumes to the theatre.
15. At the close of Act 2, Scene 2, what do the sisters say they look forward to talking about in the future over tea?
(d) Their pasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merv say about the circumstances of his wife's death?
2. What happens when Gorgeous tries to leave Act 2, Scene 1?
3. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
4. What does Sara confess to Merv as Act 1, Scene 4 draws to a close?
5. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband during Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)