|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tess and Tom reveal during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They saw Sara and Merv dancing together.
(b) They heard Sara and Merv arguing.
(c) They they think Sara is having a nervous breakdown.
(d) They don't trust Merv in the slightest.
2. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
(a) Her sisters judging her.
(b) London--she is ready to go home.
(c) Her radio job.
(d) Keeping up her appearances.
3. What does Sara confess to Merv as Act 1, Scene 4 draws to a close?
(a) She has had many affairs over the years.
(b) She is a secret donor to the Eastern Europe revolutionaries.
(c) She hates musical theatre.
(d) She is lonely.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, after their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
5. What does Merv say about Sara's demeanor the morning after their night together?
(a) She is haughty.
(b) She manages to be cold and warm at the same time.
(c) She is fragile.
(d) She is mercenary.
6. When she enters the scene, during Act 2, Scene 2, who does Sara say is outside in a red convertible?
(a) Geoffrey's ex-boyfriend.
(c) Gorgeous's husband.
7. What does Pfeni say about herself as a daughter during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She was devoted.
(b) She was less than ideal.
(c) She was the perfect obedient daughter.
(d) She was invisible to her mother.
8. What is Sara's reaction to Nick's gift at the close of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She claps her hands with amusement.
(b) She cries.
(c) She sings a song.
(d) She throws it away.
9. The morning after the party, how did Pfeni say she spent the night?
(a) Watching videos of refugees.
(b) Discussing theatre with Geoffrey.
(c) Doing a crossword puzzle.
10. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They died of broken hearts.
(b) They died unfulfilled.
(c) They lived anonymously.
(d) They lived life to the fullest.
11. Why does Tess want her passport in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She is afraid of identity theft.
(b) She and Tom are leaving the next day.
(c) Pfeni has inspired her to go to India.
(d) She wants to go on a safari.
12. What does Sara knock over during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A small stool.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A vase.
(d) A candlestick.
13. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
(a) It is a world filled with life.
(b) It is a world she is homesick for.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is not worth pursuing.
14. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She says all her romantic relationships are doomed to failure.
(b) She says he reminds her of her first husband, and not in a good way.
(c) She says she is not lonely enough to sleep with him.
(d) She says she has been attracted to him all along.
15. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Existential philosophy.
(b) The Civil Rights Act.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) The AIDS crisis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara refuse to do for Merv as they exit Act 1, Scene 4?
2. The morning after their night together, to whom does Merv compare Sara?
3. What do Tom and Tess say they have to do as they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
4. The morning after, during Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara imply about her night with Merv?
5. What does Sara say about Pfeni's career in Act 2, Scene 1, the day after the party?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)