|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does Geoffrey pay to Pfeni during their conversation at the start of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is capable of being alone.
(c) She knows who she is.
(d) She is intelligent.
2. The morning after their night together, to whom does Merv compare Sara?
(a) His late wife.
(b) His former lover, Sonia.
(c) Jewish women he's seen in photos from pre-war Europe.
(d) His sister.
3. After the confrontations in Act 2, Scene 1, which sister of the Sisters Rosensweig seems to be the most honest about their lives?
(a) None of the above.
4. How does Merv say he knew the friend that he and Sara have in common during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) They had a long-term affair.
(b) They had a one-night stand.
(c) She was the wife of his rabbi.
(d) They went to the same synagogue.
5. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
(a) Her radio job.
(b) Her sisters judging her.
(c) London--she is ready to go home.
(d) Keeping up her appearances.
6. After revealing how she spent the night, in Act 2, Scene 1, what does Pfeni say about her feelings?
(a) She was bored out of her mind.
(b) She was both excited and guilty about the project.
(c) She felt left out.
(d) She felt
7. What does Merv say about Sara's demeanor the morning after their night together?
(a) She is fragile.
(b) She is haughty.
(c) She is mercenary.
(d) She manages to be cold and warm at the same time.
8. When she knocks the item over, what does she do during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She cries.
(b) She runs from the room.
(c) She straightens it and then continues cleaning.
(d) She laughs and makes a joke about her clumsiness.
9. What does Sara confess to Merv as Act 1, Scene 4 draws to a close?
(a) She hates musical theatre.
(b) She is a secret donor to the Eastern Europe revolutionaries.
(c) She has had many affairs over the years.
(d) She is lonely.
10. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He would be unfaithful.
(b) He is not an ideal son-in-law.
(c) He would be respectful of her as a wife.
(d) He is perfect son-in-law potential.
11. At the close of Act 2, Scene 2, what do the sisters say they look forward to talking about in the future over tea?
(c) Their pasts.
12. What happened to Gorgeous's shoe as she explains it in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She threw it at her husband.
(b) She lost it after a secret tryst.
(c) She got the heel caught in the escalator.
(d) She lost it on the subway.
13. What is Sara's self-assessment on the morning after her night with Merv?
(a) She says she is warm and energetic.
(b) She says she is smart and remote.
(c) She says she is cold and bitter.
(d) She says she is a yenta.
14. What does Sara say she wants to do with Geoffrey as the two of them discuss their relationship at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Break up.
(b) Have a baby.
(c) Write a hit play.
(d) Settle down.
15. What does Sara say about her and Merv when she enters Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) There is no possible future.
(b) They had a terrible fight.
(c) They are totally compatible.
(d) They are making plans for the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning after, during Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara imply about her night with Merv?
2. What does Sara say about herself to Merv during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Where do Geoffrey and Pfeni say they have to go when they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after her night with Merv, what does Sara say caused her illness?
5. What does Gorgeous say Sara should do in the role each of them play as three sisters?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)