|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She says he reminds her of her first husband, and not in a good way.
(b) She says she has been attracted to him all along.
(c) She says she is not lonely enough to sleep with him.
(d) She says all her romantic relationships are doomed to failure.
2. At the close of Act 2, Scene 2, what do the sisters say they look forward to talking about in the future over tea?
(d) Their pasts.
3. What compliment does Geoffrey pay to Pfeni during their conversation at the start of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She knows who she is.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is capable of being alone.
(d) She is intelligent.
4. What does Gorgeous imply about her marriage in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Her husband may be insane.
(b) Her husband may be hiding his assets.
(c) Her husband may be having an affair.
(d) Her husband may be gay.
5. What does Sara say about her and Merv when she enters Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are making plans for the future.
(b) They are totally compatible.
(c) There is no possible future.
(d) They had a terrible fight.
6. What does Gorgeous first say about their mother in Act 2, Scene 2, after the revelations about the Sisters Rosensweig's relationships?
(a) She should have emphasized their Jewish faith more.
(b) She did a wonderful job raising them.
(c) She should have explained more about sex.
(d) She did an awful job raising them.
7. What does Sara say about the nickname Merv calls her during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) It was the name her first husband called her.
(b) It was the name her mother called her.
(c) It was the name her grandfather called her.
(d) It is a nickname she loathes.
8. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They died unfulfilled.
(b) They lived anonymously.
(c) They lived life to the fullest.
(d) They died of broken hearts.
9. After revealing how she spent the night, in Act 2, Scene 1, what does Pfeni say about her feelings?
(a) She felt left out.
(b) She was both excited and guilty about the project.
(c) She was bored out of her mind.
(d) She felt
10. What literary work is referred to in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A novel by the Jewish writer Chaim Potok.
(b) The play Hedda Gabler.
(c) The play Hamlet.
(d) The play Three Sisters.
11. What does Sara say she wants to do with Geoffrey as the two of them discuss their relationship at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Settle down.
(b) Write a hit play.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Break up.
12. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Was it a sign of God's wrath?
(b) Was it preventable?
(c) Was it inevitable?
(d) Was it fair?
13. What does Pfeni say abut Goeffrey's potential as a husband during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He would be respectful of her as a wife.
(b) He is perfect son-in-law potential.
(c) He is not an ideal son-in-law.
(d) He would be unfaithful.
14. What does Sara do after Merv leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She breaks into a song from Geoffrey's play.
(b) She listens to the choir recording that Tess was listening to at the very beginning of the play.
(c) She speaks to the ghost of her mother.
(d) She dances to Frank Sinatra music.
15. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
(a) He is being rude.
(b) He is being foolish.
(c) He is very nice.
(d) He is her soul mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merv say about the circumstances of his wife's death?
2. Who clears the dinner table at the opening of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. On what pretext does Gorgeous send Geoffrey away when he exits Act 2, Scene 1?
4. When Gorgeous enters Act 2, Scene 2, what does she say she is tired of?
5. What does Merv say about Sara's demeanor the morning after their night together?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)