|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gorgeous is alone with Pfeni during Act 2, Scene 1, what does she say about Geoffrey?
(a) That Pfeni clearly is madly in love with him.
(b) That they should elope--they are not getting any younger.
(c) That it is time for Pfeni to face facts--they are not suited to one another.
(d) That she should work harder to get Geoffrey to propose.
2. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, after their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
4. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The AIDS crisis.
(b) Existential philosophy.
(c) The Civil Rights Act.
(d) Freedom of religion.
5. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
(a) He is her soul mate.
(b) He is being rude.
(c) He is being foolish.
(d) He is very nice.
6. Who is first to comfort Pfeni after her break-up in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Tess and Tom.
7. In Act 2, Scene 2, in a humorous story, what is revealed as Rita's advice for getting over a heartache?
(d) Finding a new love.
8. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is the first of Geoffrey's realizations about himself?
(a) He loves leading bus tours.
(b) He is secretly attracted to Gorgeous.
(c) He is happiest working in the theatre.
(d) He is angry about his childhood.
9. When Sara appears at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what do the others do, referring to Merv?
(a) They tease her.
(b) They tell her they think it's a poor match.
(c) They pull her aside and ask for details.
(d) They give her a standing ovation.
10. What do Pfeni and Gorgeous encourage Sara to do in Act 2, Scene 2, as they share a glass of wine?
(a) They encourage her to try to mend her relationship with Tess.
(b) They encourage her to call Merv.
(c) They encourage her to go to a singles' bar.
(d) They encourage her to return to their Jewish roots.
11. What does Geoffrey say about so many of his friends as he speaks to Pfeni at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They died unfulfilled.
(b) They lived life to the fullest.
(c) They died of broken hearts.
(d) They lived anonymously.
12. In Act 2, Scene 2, why does Geoffrey say he was with Pfeni at first?
(a) He was bitter.
(b) He was lonely.
(c) He was frightened.
(d) He was angry.
13. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
(a) It is a world she is homesick for.
(b) It is a world filled with life.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is not worth pursuing.
14. How does Merv say he knew the friend that he and Sara have in common during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) They went to the same synagogue.
(b) They had a one-night stand.
(c) They had a long-term affair.
(d) She was the wife of his rabbi.
15. On what pretext does Gorgeous send Geoffrey away when he exits Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He is needed at the theatre.
(b) He needs to finish working on his play.
(c) She needs him to pick up her medicine from the pharmacy.
(d) He is to deliver a lecture to her tour group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gorgeous say about her husband's employment in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is the second of Geoffrey's realizations about himself in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Sara say she wants to do with Geoffrey as the two of them discuss their relationship at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What happens when Gorgeous tries to leave Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What do Tom and Tess say they have to do as they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)