|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gorgeous is alone with Pfeni during Act 2, Scene 1, what does she say about Geoffrey?
(a) That it is time for Pfeni to face facts--they are not suited to one another.
(b) That Pfeni clearly is madly in love with him.
(c) That she should work harder to get Geoffrey to propose.
(d) That they should elope--they are not getting any younger.
2. What does Geoffrey say about Sara and her work as they talk during the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he thinks she is not working up to her potential.
(b) That it is too important to her and thus means she does not spend enough time with him.
(c) That it reminds him of the pop songs they are listening to.
(d) That he believes in her.
3. What do Tom and Tess say they have to do as they leave Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Go out for pizza as neither one liked the dinner.
(b) Deliver costumes to the theatre.
(c) Plan a candleight vigil.
(d) Visit his father.
4. What does Sara do when Pfeni takes her hand in Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after the party?
(a) She pulls it away.
(b) She cries.
(c) She gives her sister a fierce hug.
(d) She breaks into song.
5. What do Tess and Tom reveal during Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They they think Sara is having a nervous breakdown.
(b) They don't trust Merv in the slightest.
(c) They saw Sara and Merv dancing together.
(d) They heard Sara and Merv arguing.
6. What does Sara accuse Gorgeous of in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Acting like a foolish gossip.
(b) Acting like a child.
(c) Acting like their mother.
(d) Acting like a brat.
7. What does Sara say she wants to do with Geoffrey as the two of them discuss their relationship at the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Write a hit play.
(b) Break up.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Settle down.
8. When she enters the scene, during Act 2, Scene 2, who does Sara say is outside in a red convertible?
(b) Gorgeous's husband.
(c) Geoffrey's ex-boyfriend.
9. What does Sara say about herself to Merv during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She was always homely.
(b) She was always a feminist, even as a child.
(c) She was different from all the other girls.
(d) She was always destined to be alone.
10. What does Sara say to Merv about the possibility of a liaison during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She says she is not lonely enough to sleep with him.
(b) She says she has been attracted to him all along.
(c) She says he reminds her of her first husband, and not in a good way.
(d) She says all her romantic relationships are doomed to failure.
11. What is Geoffrey's post-dinner story about during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) His new play.
(b) Two actors having a secret homosexual affair.
(c) His own affair with Pfeni.
(d) An actor and a married actress having a secret affair.
12. What does Sara say to Merv to deflect the difficult conversation they are having the morning after their night together?
(a) He is very nice.
(b) He is being foolish.
(c) He is her soul mate.
(d) He is being rude.
13. What name does Merv call Sara by when they are left alone during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Smiling Sara.
14. At the close of Act 2, Scene 2, what do the sisters say they look forward to talking about in the future over tea?
(c) Their pasts.
15. What is the subtext or implied by Geoffrey's comment about his friends' lives in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Existential philosophy.
(b) The Civil Rights Act.
(c) Freedom of religion.
(d) The AIDS crisis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the friend Merv and Sara have in common?
2. What does Merv say about his feelings for his late wife during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Sara say about the world Merv thinks they are both from?
4. Why does Geoffrey say he prefers pop music to Shakespeare during the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, in a humorous story, what is revealed as Rita's advice for getting over a heartache?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)