|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geoffrey suddenly remember before he exits Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Where he first met Merv.
(b) The actual meeting place for the delegation.
(c) Where he put his lost keys.
(d) The present he bought but left at home.
2. What does Merv say about his former wife?
(a) She was never threatening.
(b) She was a shrew.
(c) She was intimidating.
(d) She was unfaithful.
3. In preparation for the Sabbath ceremony, what does Gorgeous do?
(a) She removes her jewelry.
(b) She kneels down.
(c) She covers her head.
(d) She makes a sign of the cross.
4. What does Pfeni tell Gregory about Sara's opinion of their relationship?
(a) Sara thinks they should go to counseling together.
(b) Sara thinks it is time for the two of them to finally marry.
(c) Sara thinks they are a perfect match.
(d) Sara thinks the couple should break up.
5. Where was Merv prior to arriving at Sara's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He says he was in Israel.
(b) He says he was at a meeting of a Jewish congress.
(c) He says he was at an anti-war rally.
(d) He says he was in India.
6. What does Gorgeous say about Geoffrey's friends when she first encounters Merv?
(a) She says they are all Jewish.
(b) She says they all find her attractive.
(c) She says they are all boorish.
(d) She says they all like musical theater.
7. What happens to the party as Gorgeous chatters on?
(a) The room goes silent.
(b) The party-goers grow irritated with her jokes.
(c) The party-goers grow more lively.
(d) The party divides into those who want to talk to Gorgeous and those who don't.
8. What does Gorgeous say Sara has become?
(a) A pessimistic woman.
(b) An unfulfilled woman.
(c) A hard woman.
(d) A vain woman.
9. What does Gorgeous think the Concert of Europe is?
(a) A rock group.
(b) A musical concert.
(c) A political group.
(d) A partitioning of Eastern Europe.
10. What does Gorgeous encourage Sara to do as the two sister discuss Sara's surgery and subsequent events in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Return to America.
(b) Talk about her feelings.
(c) See a psychiatrist.
(d) Travel to India with Pfeni.
11. What have Geoffrey and Pfeni done in honor of Sara's birthday?
(a) Written a one-act play in her honor.
(b) Rewritten lyrics in her honor.
(c) Written a poem in her honor.
(d) Had a painting commisssioned in her honor.
12. Who are Tom and Tess arguing with at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
13. What does Gorgeous search for at the close of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A cake cutter.
(c) Champagne glasses.
(d) Dessert plates.
14. Why does Sara reject the statuette?
(a) Sara says it will bring her bad luck.
(b) Sara is superstitious about touching it.
(c) Sara says she is too old for it.
(d) Sara says it doesn't match her decor.
15. What delegation is Geoffrey expecting?
(a) A delegation of revolutionaries.
(b) A delegation of American theater owners.
(c) A delegation of foreign dignitaries.
(d) A delegation of homeless people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday is to be celebrated?
2. What does Sara say about the prospect of marriage?
3. Why does Pfeni carry her belongings in shopping bags?
4. Who joins in the childhood game Sara and Pfeni play?
5. What does Geoffrey say about Pfeni's appearance?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)