|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gorgeous search for at the close of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Champagne glasses.
(b) Dessert plates.
(d) A cake cutter.
2. What is a personality trait of Sara as exhibited in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She is very warm.
(b) She likes to explore how she feels about everything.
(c) She does not like to talk about feelings.
(d) She makes a lot of jokes.
3. Why is Sara critical of Pfeni's career?
(a) Sara says Pfeni is not as successful as she should be.
(b) Sara believes Pfeni should have gone into medicine.
(c) Sara feels Pfeni is involved in too many scandals.
(d) Sara does not believe women should have careers.
4. What happens to the party as Gorgeous chatters on?
(a) The party divides into those who want to talk to Gorgeous and those who don't.
(b) The party-goers grow more lively.
(c) The room goes silent.
(d) The party-goers grow irritated with her jokes.
5. What does the statue of Shiva represent?
(a) Shiva is a muse.
(b) Shiva is the goddess of love.
(c) Shiva is the goddess of death.
(d) Shiva is the goddess of destruction and renewal.
6. When Merv invites himself to dinner, what does Sara suggest?
(a) He should prepare himself because she is a terrible cook.
(b) He should instead find a restaurant.
(c) He should make himself at home.
(d) He should make some pre-dinner cocktails.
7. What does Gorgeous say about her current situation in London?
(a) It is very tiring.
(b) It is very lonely.
(c) It is very educational.
(d) It is very exhilierating.
8. What would Geoffrey like to do with the delegation?
(a) He would like to form a chorus with them.
(b) He would like to join their cause.
(c) He would like to use their stories.
(d) He would like to take photographs of them for a magazine article.
9. Who joins in the childhood game Sara and Pfeni play?
(a) A representation of Shiva.
10. Who arrives during the Sabbath ceremony?
(b) The delegation.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) Tom and Tess.
11. What is Tess's school project?
(a) A biography of her mother's early years.
(b) A series of essays on revolutionaries.
(c) A biography of a famous feminist.
(d) A science fair experiment.
12. Where does Gorgeous live?
(c) New York City.
13. What play does Pfeni quote from when she and Geoffrey are speaking at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) William Shakespeare's Hamlet.
(b) Anton Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard.
(c) Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot.
(d) Anton Chekhov's Three Sisters.
14. Gorgeous's husband does not attend the party. What reason is give in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is in Hong Kong on business.
(b) She does not have one.
(c) She reveals that he has divorced her.
(d) He was too busy to travel.
15. What does Gorgeous do for a living?
(a) She works in musical theater.
(b) She hosts a radio call-in show.
(c) She is an artist,
(d) She teaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara think of Tess's project?
2. What does Pfeni say is her motivation for coming to dinner?
3. How does Pfeni exit Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What delegation is Geoffrey expecting?
5. What is Geoffrey's profession?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)