|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Act 1, Scene 3 opens, what is being served?
(a) An intricate Jewish meal.
(c) A roast.
2. Why does Sara reject the statuette?
(a) Sara says she is too old for it.
(b) Sara says it will bring her bad luck.
(c) Sara is superstitious about touching it.
(d) Sara says it doesn't match her decor.
3. At the close of Act 1, Scene 2, Sara makes and announcement. What does Sara say will occur in a half-hour?
(a) A game of charades as an ice-breaker for the party.
(c) A big secret will be announced.
(d) Another ceremony.
4. Who are Tom and Tess arguing with at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. When Merv invites himself to dinner, what does Sara suggest?
(a) He should make himself at home.
(b) He should prepare himself because she is a terrible cook.
(c) He should make some pre-dinner cocktails.
(d) He should instead find a restaurant.
6. Gorgeous's husband does not attend the party. What reason is give in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is in Hong Kong on business.
(b) She does not have one.
(c) She reveals that he has divorced her.
(d) He was too busy to travel.
7. What do Marv and Tess discuss at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Concert of Europe.
(b) The Concert for Bangladesh.
(c) Merv's attrraction to Sara.
(d) The beautiful Sabbath ceremony.
8. Why doesn't Tess take the statue of Shiva?
(a) Tess says Sara needs it more than she does.
(b) Tess's boyfriend would disapprove.
(c) Tess is not superstitious.
(d) Tess is Catholic.
9. What does Geoffrey say about his relationship with Pfeni?
(a) He says they need to spend more time together.
(b) He says it would be perfect if she would only agree to marry him.
(c) He says it is perfect.
(d) He says he is miserable.
10. What delegation is Geoffrey expecting?
(a) A delegation of revolutionaries.
(b) A delegation of homeless people.
(c) A delegation of foreign dignitaries.
(d) A delegation of American theater owners.
11. When Pfeni tells a story about their childhood in New York, what does Sara feel she is doing?
(a) Justifying her behavior.
(b) Telling lies about their younger years just to impress Tess.
(c) Purposely forgetting all about their Jewish traditions.
(d) Romanticizing their younger years.
12. In preparation for the Sabbath ceremony, what does Gorgeous do?
(a) She covers her head.
(b) She kneels down.
(c) She removes her jewelry.
(d) She makes a sign of the cross.
13. Whose side does Merv take in the debate that is occurring at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Sara's side.
(b) He does not appear to have an opinion.
(c) Nick's side.
(d) Tom and Tess's side.
14. How do the main players in this scene go into dinner at the conclusion of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) In silence.
(d) Carrying candles.
15. What is Nick's reaction to the global situation?
(a) He passionately shouts that they must do something.
(b) He does not appear to care.
(c) He wants to write a check to help the cause.
(d) He gets teary-eyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Merv and Geoffrey do when they first see each other?
2. How does Sara feel about the Sabbath ceremony?
3. What have Geoffrey and Pfeni done in honor of Sara's birthday?
4. How could the amount of time Pfeni and Geoffrey spend together be categorized?
5. What is Gorgeous doing in London?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)