|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pfeni say is her motivation for coming to dinner?
(a) She wants to return to her Jewish roots.
(b) She wants to meet Tess's boyfriend.
(c) She has nothing better to do.
(d) She doesn't want Gorgeous to be the only sister who shows up.
2. What do Geoffrey and Pfeni do to entertain everyone at the party in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) They play charades.
(b) They perform a song.
(c) They tell a long joke.
(d) They recite a rhyming poem.
3. What does Gorgeous say about herself?
(a) She is clumsy.
(b) She is a good singer.
(c) She is a nobody.
(d) She is a celebrity.
4. How does Pfeni exit Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She gathers her shopping bags and leaves in a huff.
(b) She hears Tess calling her and runs in the direction of her voice.
(c) She gets upset and leaves the room sobbing.
(d) She is carried off by Geoffrey.
5. Why does Sara object to Tom's and Tess's relationship?
(a) Tom is a revolutionary.
(b) Tom is not American.
(c) Sara thinks Tess is too young to have a boyfriend.
(d) Tom is too possessive of Tess.
6. What social situation concerns Tess?
(a) There are homeless living by the train tracks.
(b) The monarchy in England is corrupt.
(c) People are using drugs.
(d) The AIDS epidemic is growing.
7. What is Geoffrey's profession?
(a) He is a costume designer.
(b) He is a theater director.
(c) He sells faux furs.
(d) He is an actor.
8. What does Gorgeous say Sara has become?
(a) A vain woman.
(b) An unfulfilled woman.
(c) A hard woman.
(d) A pessimistic woman.
9. What does Gorgeous say about Geoffrey's friends when she first encounters Merv?
(a) She says they all like musical theater.
(b) She says they all find her attractive.
(c) She says they are all Jewish.
(d) She says they are all boorish.
10. What does Pfeni tell Gregory about Sara's opinion of their relationship?
(a) Sara thinks the couple should break up.
(b) Sara thinks they are a perfect match.
(c) Sara thinks it is time for the two of them to finally marry.
(d) Sara thinks they should go to counseling together.
11. How does Gorgeous characterize herself?
(a) She says she is "funsy."
(b) She says she is devout.
(c) She says she is "winsome."
(d) She says she is quick-witted.
12. How many times has Sara been married?
13. What sort of mother did the sisters Rosensweig appear to have?
(a) A warm and supportive mother.
(b) A critical mother.
(c) An alcoholic mother.
(d) An absent mother.
14. What do Marv and Tess discuss at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Merv's attrraction to Sara.
(b) The Concert of Europe.
(c) The beautiful Sabbath ceremony.
(d) The Concert for Bangladesh.
15. What does Gorgeous think the Concert of Europe is?
(a) A rock group.
(b) A political group.
(c) A musical concert.
(d) A partitioning of Eastern Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gorgeous say about her current situation in London?
2. How do the main players in this scene go into dinner at the conclusion of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. According to Geoffrey, he is responsible for educating Pfeni about what?
4. What does Gorgeous search for at the close of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. As Act 1, Scene 3 opens, what is being served?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)