|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pfeni say is her motivation for coming to dinner?
(a) She doesn't want Gorgeous to be the only sister who shows up.
(b) She has nothing better to do.
(c) She wants to meet Tess's boyfriend.
(d) She wants to return to her Jewish roots.
2. When Pfeni first arrives, she is late. Who or what does she blame that on?
(a) An Indian taxi driver.
(b) A late train.
(c) A broken watch.
(d) She was distracted by a shopping expedition.
3. What does Sara say men usually feel about her?
(a) She is fragile.
(b) She is intimidating.
(c) She is too liberated.
(d) She is attractive.
4. How do Merv and Geoffrey know each other?
(a) Through their political affiliations.
(b) Through the Jewish temple.
(c) Through the theater.
(d) Through a friend.
5. What does Gorgeous notice about the time of day near the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is 8:00 p.m. and time for the party.
(b) In it time for a late lunch.
(c) It is high noon.
(d) It is nearing sundown.
6. What does Gorgeous say about Sara after their exchange about the ceremony?
(a) She says Sara should lead the ceremony next time.
(b) She says Sara misspoke some of the words during the ceremony.
(c) She says Sara is a shining example of a faithful Jew.
(d) She says Sara is a hard woman.
7. What does Gorgeous say about their father?
(a) He never taught her about money.
(b) He never had a kind word for his daughters.
(c) He taught her everything she knows.
(d) He was a womanizer.
8. What does Merv say about his former wife?
(a) She was a shrew.
(b) She was unfaithful.
(c) She was never threatening.
(d) She was intimidating.
9. What do Merv and Geoffrey do when they first see each other?
(a) They do a song and dance routine.
(b) They shake hands stiffly.
(c) They walk to the opposite side of the room to have a private conversation.
(d) They kiss each other on both cheeks.
10. Where does Tom work?
(a) In a tea shop.
(b) In a radio equipment store.
(c) In Tess's school.
(d) In a restaurant frequented by members of the revolutionary party.
11. What have Geoffrey and Pfeni done in honor of Sara's birthday?
(a) Rewritten lyrics in her honor.
(b) Written a one-act play in her honor.
(c) Written a poem in her honor.
(d) Had a painting commisssioned in her honor.
12. What is Tess's school project?
(a) A series of essays on revolutionaries.
(b) A biography of a famous feminist.
(c) A biography of her mother's early years.
(d) A science fair experiment.
13. What do Marv and Tess discuss at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Concert for Bangladesh.
(b) Merv's attrraction to Sara.
(c) The Concert of Europe.
(d) The beautiful Sabbath ceremony.
14. What is Nick's reaction to the global situation?
(a) He does not appear to care.
(b) He gets teary-eyed.
(c) He passionately shouts that they must do something.
(d) He wants to write a check to help the cause.
15. What does Pfeni tell Gregory about Sara's opinion of their relationship?
(a) Sara thinks it is time for the two of them to finally marry.
(b) Sara thinks the couple should break up.
(c) Sara thinks they should go to counseling together.
(d) Sara thinks they are a perfect match.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gorgeous's husband does not attend the party. What reason is give in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What happens to the party as Gorgeous chatters on?
3. What do Geoffrey and Pfeni do to entertain everyone at the party in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. When Pfeni tells a story about their childhood in New York, what does Sara feel she is doing?
5. What cause do Tom and Tess support?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)