|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the close of Act 1, Scene 2, Sara makes and announcement. What does Sara say will occur in a half-hour?
(a) A game of charades as an ice-breaker for the party.
(b) Another ceremony.
(d) A big secret will be announced.
2. What does Gorgeous say about her current situation in London?
(a) It is very exhilierating.
(b) It is very tiring.
(c) It is very educational.
(d) It is very lonely.
3. How do the main players in this scene go into dinner at the conclusion of Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Carrying candles.
(d) In silence.
4. What cause do Tom and Tess support?
(a) A social revolution in Eastern Europe.
(b) Animal rights.
(c) An artist's movement.
(d) An anti-war manifesto.
5. What does Gorgeous do for a living?
(a) She teaches.
(b) She is an artist,
(c) She hosts a radio call-in show.
(d) She works in musical theater.
6. What does Geoffrey suddenly remember before he exits Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The actual meeting place for the delegation.
(b) Where he put his lost keys.
(c) The present he bought but left at home.
(d) Where he first met Merv.
7. Before Geoffrey met Pfeni, with whom did he live?
(a) His boyfriend.
(b) Pfeni's sister, Gorgeous.
(c) Sara's ex-husband.
(d) His mother.
8. Where was Merv prior to arriving at Sara's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He says he was at an anti-war rally.
(b) He says he was in India.
(c) He says he was at a meeting of a Jewish congress.
(d) He says he was in Israel.
9. What do Marv and Tess discuss at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Merv's attrraction to Sara.
(b) The Concert for Bangladesh.
(c) The beautiful Sabbath ceremony.
(d) The Concert of Europe.
10. Why doesn't Tess want Nick to come to dinner?
(a) Tess dislikes Nick's capitalist values.
(b) Tess thinks Nick is secretly in love with her.
(c) Nick is not a vegetarian.
(d) Nick has poor table manners.
11. What is Geoffrey's profession?
(a) He is a costume designer.
(b) He sells faux furs.
(c) He is a theater director.
(d) He is an actor.
12. What expression does Sara use to express what she expects of Tess?
(a) She should be a "nice Jewish girl."
(b) She should be a "femme fatale."
(c) She should be a "woman of substance."
(d) She should be a "bookworm."
13. Which of these is a personality trait of Gorgeous as exhibited in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She uses extremely big words.
(b) She is somber.
(c) She is chatty.
(d) She cries a lot.
14. Who joins in the childhood game Sara and Pfeni play?
(a) A representation of Shiva.
15. Why won't Sara allow Tess to move to the United States?
(a) She says American universities are declining.
(b) She wants Tess to go to Pais.
(c) She has a fear of flying.
(d) She instead plans to move them both to Australia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara do as a profession?
2. What is Nick's reaction to the global situation?
3. In preparation for the Sabbath ceremony, what does Gorgeous do?
4. What sort of surgery has Sara had as revealed in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does Sara complain to Pfeni about Tess?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)