|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play does Pfeni quote from when she and Geoffrey are speaking at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) William Shakespeare's Hamlet.
(b) Anton Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard.
(c) Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot.
(d) Anton Chekhov's Three Sisters.
2. What does Merv do as a profession?
(a) He manufactures fake fur.
(b) He manufactures statues like the one of Shiva.
(c) He is a theater director.
(d) He makes wigs for actors.
3. What does Sara tell Pfeni to do after the ceremony and exchange with Gorgeous?
(a) She says Pfeni always starts conflict.
(b) She says Pfeni should leave.
(c) She says Pfeni should say her prayers as well.
(d) She says Pfeni should blow out the candles.
4. Gorgeous's husband does not attend the party. What reason is give in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She reveals that he has divorced her.
(b) She does not have one.
(c) He is in Hong Kong on business.
(d) He was too busy to travel.
5. What is Tess's school project?
(a) A series of essays on revolutionaries.
(b) A biography of her mother's early years.
(c) A science fair experiment.
(d) A biography of a famous feminist.
6. What does Pfeni tell Gregory about Sara's opinion of their relationship?
(a) Sara thinks they should go to counseling together.
(b) Sara thinks they are a perfect match.
(c) Sara thinks the couple should break up.
(d) Sara thinks it is time for the two of them to finally marry.
7. Whose birthday is to be celebrated?
8. What is Tess listening to when Pfeni arrives?
(a) British punk music.
(b) A book on tape.
(c) A song with deep personal meaning to her.
(d) A recording of a women's chorus her mother used to sing with as a young woman.
9. How does Sara feel about the Sabbath ceremony?
(a) She says she wishes their mother was there to lead it.
(b) She says Gorgeous is not orthodox enough.
(c) She is very respectful.
(d) She ridicules it.
10. Why does Pfeni carry her belongings in shopping bags?
(a) Pfeni's grandmother said shopping bags were for "crazy people," and she wants to prove her right.
(b) Pfeni's grandmother always carried her things in shopping bags, and Pfeni wants to be just like her.
(c) Pfeni's suitcases were stolen.
(d) Pfeni lost her suitcases while she was traveling around the world.
11. What does Sara think of Tess's project?
(a) She thinks Tess should concentrate on math and science.
(b) She thinks the teacher who assigned it is too liberal.
(c) She thinks Tess is lying about the project.
(d) She cannot imagine that her past has any importance.
12. Why does Sara reject the statuette?
(a) Sara says she is too old for it.
(b) Sara is superstitious about touching it.
(c) Sara says it will bring her bad luck.
(d) Sara says it doesn't match her decor.
13. What is happening globally on the night of Sara's party in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Berlin Wall has fallen.
(b) Israel has declared war on Egypt.
(c) Protests are being held in Hong Kong.
(d) The Soviet Union is falling.
14. How does Pfeni feel about her appearance?
(a) She never indicates her feelings.
(b) She is very self-confident.
(c) She thinks women should not care about their appearance.
(d) She is negative and says Gorgeous is the attractive one.
15. What cause do Tom and Tess support?
(a) Animal rights.
(b) An artist's movement.
(c) An anti-war manifesto.
(d) A social revolution in Eastern Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Geoffrey, he is responsible for educating Pfeni about what?
2. At the close of Act 1, Scene 2, Sara makes and announcement. What does Sara say will occur in a half-hour?
3. What is Geoffrey's profession?
4. Where was Merv prior to arriving at Sara's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What would Geoffrey like to do with the delegation?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)