|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara complain to Pfeni about Tess?
(a) Sara thinks Tess will try to run away.
(b) Sara thinks Tess is too frumpy.
(c) Sara would like for Tess to become a famous playwright and Tess is resisting her.
(d) Sara says Tess is trying to do everything the opposite of her mother.
2. Whose birthday is to be celebrated?
3. What does Merv say about his former wife?
(a) She was a shrew.
(b) She was intimidating.
(c) She was never threatening.
(d) She was unfaithful.
4. Why does Sara say Pfeni sounds very "New York"?
(a) Pfeni talks about high fashion.
(b) Pfeni adopts a fake accent.
(c) Pfeni talks about how dissimilar the London "tubes" are compared to New York's subway system.
(d) Pfeni uses a New York slang expression.
5. Who arrives during the Sabbath ceremony?
(b) A rabbi.
(c) The delegation.
(d) Tom and Tess.
6. Why does Sara reject the statuette?
(a) Sara says it doesn't match her decor.
(b) Sara says she is too old for it.
(c) Sara is superstitious about touching it.
(d) Sara says it will bring her bad luck.
7. Gorgeous's husband does not attend the party. What reason is give in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is in Hong Kong on business.
(b) She does not have one.
(c) She reveals that he has divorced her.
(d) He was too busy to travel.
8. What is Nick's reaction to the global situation?
(a) He wants to write a check to help the cause.
(b) He gets teary-eyed.
(c) He passionately shouts that they must do something.
(d) He does not appear to care.
9. Whose side does Merv take in the debate that is occurring at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Nick's side.
(b) He does not appear to have an opinion.
(c) Tom and Tess's side.
(d) Sara's side.
10. Where does Gorgeous live?
(c) New York City.
11. Where was Merv prior to arriving at Sara's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He says he was in India.
(b) He says he was in Israel.
(c) He says he was at an anti-war rally.
(d) He says he was at a meeting of a Jewish congress.
12. What does Gorgeous say about her current situation in London?
(a) It is very educational.
(b) It is very lonely.
(c) It is very tiring.
(d) It is very exhilierating.
13. What is one of Merv's concerns regarding the discussion at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Deciphering Nick's accent.
(c) Musical theater is dying.
(d) Whether he has overstayed his welcome.
14. What do Merv and Tess discuss at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Concert of Europe.
(b) Merv's attrraction to Sara.
(c) The beautiful Sabbath ceremony.
(d) The Concert for Bangladesh.
15. Why doesn't Tess want Nick to come to dinner?
(a) Nick has poor table manners.
(b) Tess thinks Nick is secretly in love with her.
(c) Nick is not a vegetarian.
(d) Tess dislikes Nick's capitalist values.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom work?
2. Which of these is a personality trait of Gorgeous as exhibited in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How does Gorgeous characterize herself?
4. What does Sara say men usually feel about her?
5. Who are Tom and Tess arguing with at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)