|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sara critical of Pfeni's career?
(a) Sara believes Pfeni should have gone into medicine.
(b) Sara says Pfeni is not as successful as she should be.
(c) Sara does not believe women should have careers.
(d) Sara feels Pfeni is involved in too many scandals.
2. Why won't Sara allow Tess to move to the United States?
(a) She wants Tess to go to Pais.
(b) She says American universities are declining.
(c) She instead plans to move them both to Australia.
(d) She has a fear of flying.
3. What sort of dinner is Merv hoping for?
(b) A roast.
(c) A five-course dinner.
(d) Indian cuisine.
4. What does Pfeni tell Gregory about Sara's opinion of their relationship?
(a) Sara thinks they are a perfect match.
(b) Sara thinks they should go to counseling together.
(c) Sara thinks the couple should break up.
(d) Sara thinks it is time for the two of them to finally marry.
5. What is a personality trait of Sara as exhibited in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She likes to explore how she feels about everything.
(b) She makes a lot of jokes.
(c) She does not like to talk about feelings.
(d) She is very warm.
6. In preparation for the Sabbath ceremony, what does Gorgeous do?
(a) She makes a sign of the cross.
(b) She removes her jewelry.
(c) She covers her head.
(d) She kneels down.
7. What does Sara say about the prospect of marriage?
(a) She thinks marriage is an archaic institution.
(b) She thinks she is too old.
(c) She has no intention of marrying.
(d) She longs to find someone to spend the rest of her life with.
8. What is Nick's reaction to the global situation?
(a) He passionately shouts that they must do something.
(b) He does not appear to care.
(c) He wants to write a check to help the cause.
(d) He gets teary-eyed.
9. As Act 1, Scene 3 opens, what is being served?
(b) An intricate Jewish meal.
(d) A roast.
10. Where does Tom work?
(a) In Tess's school.
(b) In a tea shop.
(c) In a restaurant frequented by members of the revolutionary party.
(d) In a radio equipment store.
11. How do Merv and Geoffrey know each other?
(a) Through the Jewish temple.
(b) Through the theater.
(c) Through their political affiliations.
(d) Through a friend.
12. Why does Sara complain to Pfeni about Tess?
(a) Sara thinks Tess is too frumpy.
(b) Sara thinks Tess will try to run away.
(c) Sara says Tess is trying to do everything the opposite of her mother.
(d) Sara would like for Tess to become a famous playwright and Tess is resisting her.
13. What do Merv and Geoffrey do when they first see each other?
(a) They kiss each other on both cheeks.
(b) They do a song and dance routine.
(c) They walk to the opposite side of the room to have a private conversation.
(d) They shake hands stiffly.
14. Whose birthday is to be celebrated?
15. Where does Gorgeous live?
(a) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Merv's concerns regarding the discussion at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What would Geoffrey like to do with the delegation?
3. What social situation concerns Tess?
4. What does Sara say she is grateful for as she makes a brief speech in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What do Geoffrey and Pfeni wear when they enter Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)