|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gorgeous say about herself?
(a) She is clumsy.
(b) She is a celebrity.
(c) She is a good singer.
(d) She is a nobody.
2. As Act 1, Scene 3 opens, what is being served?
(a) A roast.
(c) An intricate Jewish meal.
3. Whose birthday is to be celebrated?
4. What does Gorgeous notice about the time of day near the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is high noon.
(b) It is time for a late lunch.
(c) It is nearing sundown.
(d) It is 8:00 p.m. and time for the party.
5. Gorgeous's husband does not attend the party. What reason is give in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He was too busy to travel.
(b) She does not have one.
(c) She reveals that he has divorced her.
(d) He is in Hong Kong on business.
6. When Pfeni tells a story about their childhood in New York, what does Sara feel she is doing?
(a) Telling lies about their younger years just to impress Tess.
(b) Justifying her behavior.
(c) Romanticizing their younger years.
(d) Purposely forgetting all about their Jewish traditions.
7. What is Gorgeous doing in London?
(a) She is leading a bus tour.
(b) She never says.
(c) She is seeing several plays in London's West End theater district.
(d) She is visting a famous Jewish synogogue.
8. What do Merv and Geoffrey do when they first see each other?
(a) They walk to the opposite side of the room to have a private conversation.
(b) They kiss each other on both cheeks.
(c) They do a song and dance routine.
(d) They shake hands stiffly.
9. What does Gorgeous say about her current situation in London?
(a) It is very lonely.
(b) It is very exhilierating.
(c) It is very tiring.
(d) It is very educational.
10. What happens to the party as Gorgeous chatters on?
(a) The party divides into those who want to talk to Gorgeous and those who don't.
(b) The party-goers grow irritated with her jokes.
(c) The party-goers grow more lively.
(d) The room goes silent.
11. What does Sara think of Tess's project?
(a) She thinks the teacher who assigned it is too liberal.
(b) She cannot imagine that her past has any importance.
(c) She thinks Tess should concentrate on math and science.
(d) She thinks Tess is lying about the project.
12. What is happening globally on the night of Sara's party?
(a) The Soviet Union is falling.
(b) Protests are being held in Hong Kong.
(c) The Berlin Wall has fallen.
(d) Israel has declared war on Egypt.
13. What sort of surgery has Sara had as revealed in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A facelift.
(b) A hysterectomy.
(c) An appendectomy.
(d) A nose job.
14. Where was Merv prior to arriving at Sara's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He says he was in Israel.
(b) He says he was at a meeting of a Jewish congress.
(c) He says he was in India.
(d) He says he was at an anti-war rally.
15. What does Gorgeous encourage Sara to do as the two sisters discuss Sara's surgery and subsequent events in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Travel to India with Pfeni.
(b) Return to America.
(c) See a psychiatrist.
(d) Talk about her feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara say men usually feel about her?
2. What is Tess's school project?
3. What does Sara say about the prospect of marriage?
4. How do the main players in this scene go into dinner at the conclusion of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Where does Tom work?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)