|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gorgeous's husband does not attend the party. What reason is give in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He was too busy to travel.
(b) She reveals that he has divorced her.
(c) She does not have one.
(d) He is in Hong Kong on business.
2. What does Pfeni say is her motivation for coming to dinner?
(a) She wants to meet Tess's boyfriend.
(b) She has nothing better to do.
(c) She wants to return to her Jewish roots.
(d) She doesn't want Gorgeous to be the only sister who shows up.
3. What have Geoffrey and Pfeni done in honor of Sara's birthday?
(a) Written a one-act play in her honor.
(b) Written a poem in her honor.
(c) Had a painting commisssioned in her honor.
(d) Rewritten lyrics in her honor.
4. What does Gorgeous say Sara has become?
(a) A hard woman.
(b) A pessimistic woman.
(c) An unfulfilled woman.
(d) A vain woman.
5. How does Sara feel about the Sabbath ceremony?
(a) She is very respectful.
(b) She says she wishes their mother was there to lead it.
(c) She ridicules it.
(d) She says Gorgeous is not orthodox enough.
6. What sort of dinner is Merv hoping for?
(a) A five-course dinner.
(b) Indian cuisine.
(d) A roast.
7. What is happening globally on the night of Sara's party in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Soviet Union is falling.
(b) Protests are being held in Hong Kong.
(c) Israel has declared war on Egypt.
(d) The Berlin Wall has fallen.
8. What do Marv and Tess discuss at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Merv's attrraction to Sara.
(b) The beautiful Sabbath ceremony.
(c) The Concert for Bangladesh.
(d) The Concert of Europe.
9. What does Sara think of Tess's project?
(a) She thinks Tess should concentrate on math and science.
(b) She thinks Tess is lying about the project.
(c) She cannot imagine that her past has any importance.
(d) She thinks the teacher who assigned it is too liberal.
10. What does Geoffrey suddenly remember before he exits Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Where he first met Merv.
(b) The actual meeting place for the delegation.
(c) Where he put his lost keys.
(d) The present he bought but left at home.
11. Why won't Sara allow Tess to move to the United States?
(a) She wants Tess to go to Pais.
(b) She has a fear of flying.
(c) She says American universities are declining.
(d) She instead plans to move them both to Australia.
12. What compliment does Merv pay Sara in Act 1, Scene 3's close?
(a) He says she knows how to engage in lively debate.
(b) He says she is very witty.
(c) He says she is extremely intelligent and he finds that attractive.
(d) He says she knows how to prepare a good Sabbath meal.
13. What is a personality trait of Sara as exhibited in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She makes a lot of jokes.
(b) She is very warm.
(c) She does not like to talk about feelings.
(d) She likes to explore how she feels about everything.
14. Where was Merv prior to arriving at Sara's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He says he was in Israel.
(b) He says he was in India.
(c) He says he was at an anti-war rally.
(d) He says he was at a meeting of a Jewish congress.
15. What does Gorgeous notice about the time of day near the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is high noon.
(b) It is nearing sundown.
(c) It is 8:00 p.m. and time for the party.
(d) In it time for a late lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pfeni tell Gregory about Sara's opinion of their relationship?
2. Whose birthday is to be celebrated?
3. What would Geoffrey like to do with the delegation?
4. What does Gorgeous think the Concert of Europe is?
5. What does Gorgeous do for a living?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)