Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In preparation for the Sabbath ceremony, what does Gorgeous do?
(a) She kneels down.
(b) She makes a sign of the cross.
(c) She covers her head.
(d) She removes her jewelry.
2. What does Sara tell Pfeni to do after the ceremony and exchange with Gorgeous?
(a) She says Pfeni should say her prayers as well.
(b) She says Pfeni should leave.
(c) She says Pfeni should blow out the candles.
(d) She says Pfeni always starts conflict.
3. What sort of mother did the sisters Rosensweig appear to have?
(a) A warm and supportive mother.
(b) An alcoholic mother.
(c) An absent mother.
(d) A critical mother.
4. Who joins in the childhood game Sara and Pfeni play?
(d) A representation of Shiva.
5. Before Geoffrey met Pfeni, with whom did he live?
(a) Sara's ex-husband.
(b) His boyfriend.
(c) Pfeni's sister, Gorgeous.
(d) His mother.
6. According to Geoffrey, he is responsible for educating Pfeni about what?
(a) Jewish history.
(c) Indian mythology.
(d) Art and theater.
7. What would Geoffrey like to do with the delegation?
(a) He would like to form a chorus with them.
(b) He would like to take photographs of them for a magazine article.
(c) He would like to use their stories.
(d) He would like to join their cause.
8. What does Gorgeous say about Sara after their exchange about the ceremony?
(a) She says Sara is a hard woman.
(b) She says Sara should lead the ceremony next time.
(c) She says Sara is a shining example of a faithful Jew.
(d) She says Sara misspoke some of the words during the ceremony.
9. Why does Sara complain to Pfeni about Tess?
(a) Sara says Tess is trying to do everything the opposite of her mother.
(b) Sara thinks Tess is too frumpy.
(c) Sara would like for Tess to become a famous playwright and Tess is resisting her.
(d) Sara thinks Tess will try to run away.
10. What does Pfeni say is her motivation for coming to dinner?
(a) She wants to meet Tess's boyfriend.
(b) She wants to return to her Jewish roots.
(c) She doesn't want Gorgeous to be the only sister who shows up.
(d) She has nothing better to do.
11. What social situation concerns Tess?
(a) People are using drugs.
(b) The AIDS epidemic is growing.
(c) There are homeless living by the train tracks.
(d) The monarchy in England is corrupt.
12. How does Pfeni feel about her appearance?
(a) She is very self-confident.
(b) She is negative and says Gorgeous is the attractive one.
(c) She thinks women should not care about their appearance.
(d) She never indicates her feelings.
13. How many times has Sara been married?
14. What does Gorgeous think the Concert of Europe is?
(a) A musical concert.
(b) A partitioning of Eastern Europe.
(c) A political group.
(d) A rock group.
15. At the close of Act 1, Scene 2, Sara makes an announcement. What does Sara say will occur in a half-hour?
(a) Another ceremony.
(c) A big secret will be announced.
(d) A game of charades as an ice-breaker for the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merv arrive at the door with?
2. What does Gorgeous do for a living?
3. What does Sara do as a profession?
4. Whose side does Merv take in the debate that is occurring at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Why does Sara reject the statuette?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)