|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of dinner is Merv hoping for?
(a) A five-course dinner.
(b) Indian cuisine.
(d) A roast.
2. In preparation for the Sabbath ceremony, what does Gorgeous do?
(a) She kneels down.
(b) She covers her head.
(c) She makes a sign of the cross.
(d) She removes her jewelry.
3. What does Pfeni tell Geoffrey about Sara's opinion of their relationship?
(a) Sara thinks they should go to counseling together.
(b) Sara thinks they are a perfect match.
(c) Sara thinks the couple should break up.
(d) Sara thinks it is time for the two of them to finally marry.
4. How could the amount of time Pfeni and Geoffrey spend together be categorized?
(a) They see each other only on their yearly vacation.
(b) They spend much of their time apart.
(c) They spend all of their time together.
(d) They have a very specific arrangement to only see each other every other weekend.
5. What does Gorgeous do for a living?
(a) She is an artist,
(b) She hosts a radio call-in show.
(c) She teaches.
(d) She works in musical theater.
6. What does Gorgeous notice about the time of day near the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is high noon.
(b) It is nearing sundown.
(c) It is time for a late lunch.
(d) It is 8:00 p.m. and time for the party.
7. What is Gorgeous doing in London?
(a) She is seeing several plays in London's West End theater district.
(b) She never says.
(c) She is leading a bus tour.
(d) She is visting a famous Jewish synogogue.
8. What does Gorgeous say about herself?
(a) She is a good singer.
(b) She is clumsy.
(c) She is a celebrity.
(d) She is a nobody.
9. What does Gorgeous say about Sara after their exchange about the ceremony?
(a) She says Sara misspoke some of the words during the ceremony.
(b) She says Sara is a shining example of a faithful Jew.
(c) She says Sara is a hard woman.
(d) She says Sara should lead the ceremony next time.
10. What social situation concerns Tess?
(a) People are using drugs.
(b) There are homeless living by the train tracks.
(c) The monarchy in England is corrupt.
(d) The AIDS epidemic is growing.
11. Gorgeous's husband does not attend the party. What reason is give in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She reveals that he has divorced her.
(b) She does not have one.
(c) He was too busy to travel.
(d) He is in Hong Kong on business.
12. What do Geoffrey and Pfeni wear when they enter Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Disco outfits.
(b) Formal wear.
(c) Lounging pajamas.
13. Before Geoffrey met Pfeni, with whom did he live?
(a) His mother.
(b) His boyfriend.
(c) Pfeni's sister, Gorgeous.
(d) Sara's ex-husband.
14. What does the statue of Shiva represent?
(a) Shiva is the goddess of death.
(b) Shiva is the goddess of love.
(c) Shiva is a muse.
(d) Shiva is the goddess of destruction and renewal.
15. What compliment does Merv pay Sara in Act 1, Scene 3's close?
(a) He says she is extremely intelligent and he finds that attractive.
(b) He says she is very witty.
(c) He says she knows how to engage in lively debate.
(d) He says she knows how to prepare a good Sabbath meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gorgeous live?
2. How does Pfeni feel about her appearance?
3. What does Sara tell Pfeni to do after the ceremony and exchange with Gorgeous?
4. What childhood game do Pfeni and Sara play?
5. What is happening globally on the night of Sara's party?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)