|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara reject the statuette?
(a) Sara says she is too old for it.
(b) Sara says it will bring her bad luck.
(c) Sara says it doesn't match her decor.
(d) Sara is superstitious about touching it.
2. At the close of Act 1, Scene 2, Sara makes and announcement. What does Sara say will occur in a half-hour?
(a) Another ceremony.
(c) A big secret will be announced.
(d) A game of charades as an ice-breaker for the party.
3. What does Sara say men usually feel about her?
(a) She is fragile.
(b) She is attractive.
(c) She is too liberated.
(d) She is intimidating.
4. What does Pfeni tell Gregory about Sara's opinion of their relationship?
(a) Sara thinks the couple should break up.
(b) Sara thinks they are a perfect match.
(c) Sara thinks it is time for the two of them to finally marry.
(d) Sara thinks they should go to counseling together.
5. Before Geoffrey met Pfeni, with whom did he live?
(a) His boyfriend.
(b) Sara's ex-husband.
(c) His mother.
(d) Pfeni's sister, Gorgeous.
6. Why is Sara critical of Pfeni's career?
(a) Sara feels Pfeni is involved in too many scandals.
(b) Sara believes Pfeni should have gone into medicine.
(c) Sara says Pfeni is not as successful as she should be.
(d) Sara does not believe women should have careers.
7. What childhood game do Pfeni and Sara play?
(b) Hide 'n' Seek.
(c) A clapping game.
(d) Marco Polo.
8. What is Tess listening to when Pfeni arrives?
(a) A recording of a women's chorus her mother used to sing with as a young woman.
(b) British punk music.
(c) A song with deep personal meaning to her.
(d) A book on tape.
9. What does Gorgeous notice about the time of day near the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is 8:00 p.m. and time for the party.
(b) It is high noon.
(c) In it time for a late lunch.
(d) It is nearing sundown.
10. What have Geoffrey and Pfeni done in honor of Sara's birthday?
(a) Written a poem in her honor.
(b) Rewritten lyrics in her honor.
(c) Had a painting commisssioned in her honor.
(d) Written a one-act play in her honor.
11. Where does Gorgeous live?
(b) New York City.
12. What does Merv arrive at the door with?
(a) Shopping bags.
(b) Gorgeous, the unseen sister.
(c) A birthday cake for the party.
(d) A delivery.
13. What does Sara think of Tess's project?
(a) She thinks Tess should concentrate on math and science.
(b) She thinks the teacher who assigned it is too liberal.
(c) She thinks Tess is lying about the project.
(d) She cannot imagine that her past has any importance.
14. What sort of mother did the sisters Rosensweig appear to have?
(a) An alcoholic mother.
(b) An absent mother.
(c) A warm and supportive mother.
(d) A critical mother.
15. What other play is referenced in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday is to be celebrated?
2. What does Merv say about his former wife?
3. What compliment does Merv pay Sara in Act 1, Scene 3's close?
4. How does Sara deflect conversation about social conditions?
5. According to Geoffrey, he is responsible for educating Pfeni about what?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)