|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sara critical of Pfeni's career?
(a) Sara believes Pfeni should have gone into medicine.
(b) Sara feels Pfeni is involved in too many scandals.
(c) Sara does not believe women should have careers.
(d) Sara says Pfeni is not as successful as she should be.
2. What compliment does Merv pay Sara in Act 1, Scene 3's close?
(a) He says she is extremely intelligent and he finds that attractive.
(b) He says she knows how to engage in lively debate.
(c) He says she is very witty.
(d) He says she knows how to prepare a good Sabbath meal.
3. What does Gorgeous say Sara has become?
(a) A pessimistic woman.
(b) An unfulfilled woman.
(c) A vain woman.
(d) A hard woman.
4. What does Sara say she is grateful for as she makes a brief speech in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Having the good sense to move to England.
(b) Her intellect.
(c) Her Jewish heritage.
(d) Her family.
5. What does Merv say about his former wife?
(a) She was intimidating.
(b) She was a shrew.
(c) She was unfaithful.
(d) She was never threatening.
6. What does Gorgeous say about her current situation in London?
(a) It is very exhilierating.
(b) It is very lonely.
(c) It is very educational.
(d) It is very tiring.
7. What does Gorgeous think the Concert of Europe is?
(a) A partitioning of Eastern Europe.
(b) A musical concert.
(c) A rock group.
(d) A political group.
8. What do Geoffrey and Pfeni wear when they enter Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Lounging pajamas.
(b) Formal wear.
(d) Disco outfits.
9. Why does Sara complain to Pfeni about Tess?
(a) Sara thinks Tess will try to run away.
(b) Sara would like for Tess to become a famous playwright and Tess is resisting her.
(c) Sara says Tess is trying to do everything the opposite of her mother.
(d) Sara thinks Tess is too frumpy.
10. What is Tess listening to when Pfeni arrives?
(a) British punk music.
(b) A recording of a women's chorus her mother used to sing with as a young woman.
(c) A song with deep personal meaning to her.
(d) A book on tape.
11. What does Gorgeous notice about the time of day near the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is high noon.
(b) It is 8:00 p.m. and time for the party.
(c) In it time for a late lunch.
(d) It is nearing sundown.
12. What does Gorgeous do for a living?
(a) She hosts a radio call-in show.
(b) She works in musical theater.
(c) She teaches.
(d) She is an artist,
13. Why does Pfeni carry her belongings in shopping bags?
(a) Pfeni's grandmother always carried her things in shopping bags, and Pfeni wants to be just like her.
(b) Pfeni's grandmother said shopping bags were for "crazy people," and she wants to prove her right.
(c) Pfeni lost her suitcases while she was traveling around the world.
(d) Pfeni's suitcases were stolen.
14. What does Gorgeous say about Geoffrey's friends when she first encounters Merv?
(a) She says they are all boorish.
(b) She says they all find her attractive.
(c) She says they are all Jewish.
(d) She says they all like musical theater.
15. How does Pfeni feel about her appearance?
(a) She never indicates her feelings.
(b) She is negative and says Gorgeous is the attractive one.
(c) She is very self-confident.
(d) She thinks women should not care about their appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merv arrive at the door with?
2. What does Gorgeous say about Sara after their exchange about the ceremony?
3. What does Gorgeous search for at the close of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What play does Pfeni quote from when she and Geoffrey are speaking at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What cause do Tom and Tess support?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)