|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pfeni feel about her appearance?
(a) She is negative and says Gorgeous is the attractive one.
(b) She is very self-confident.
(c) She never indicates her feelings.
(d) She thinks women should not care about their appearance.
2. When Pfeni first arrives, she is late. Who or what does she blame that on?
(a) A late train.
(b) An Indian taxi driver.
(c) She was distracted by a shopping expedition.
(d) A broken watch.
3. How does Sara deflect conversation about social conditions?
(a) She talks about her relationship with Geoffrey.
(b) She talks about her latest shopping spree.
(c) She talks about Jewish food.
(d) She talks about Hong Kong.
4. According to Geoffrey, he is responsible for educating Pfeni about what?
(a) Jewish history.
(b) Indian mythology.
(d) Art and theater.
5. What does Gorgeous say about herself?
(a) She is a nobody.
(b) She is a celebrity.
(c) She is clumsy.
(d) She is a good singer.
6. Why does Pfeni carry her belongings in shopping bags?
(a) Pfeni lost her suitcases while she was traveling around the world.
(b) Pfeni's suitcases were stolen.
(c) Pfeni's grandmother said shopping bags were for "crazy people," and she wants to prove her right.
(d) Pfeni's grandmother always carried her things in shopping bags, and Pfeni wants to be just like her.
7. What is Nick's reaction to the global situation?
(a) He passionately shouts that they must do something.
(b) He does not appear to care.
(c) He wants to write a check to help the cause.
(d) He gets teary-eyed.
8. How does Gorgeous characterize herself?
(a) She says she is devout.
(b) She says she is quick-witted.
(c) She says she is "funsy."
(d) She says she is "winsome."
9. What have Geoffrey and Pfeni done in honor of Sara's birthday?
(a) Had a painting commisssioned in her honor.
(b) Written a one-act play in her honor.
(c) Rewritten lyrics in her honor.
(d) Written a poem in her honor.
10. What social situation concerns Tess?
(a) People are using drugs.
(b) The monarchy in England is corrupt.
(c) There are homeless living by the train tracks.
(d) The AIDS epidemic is growing.
11. As Act 1, Scene 3 opens, what is being served?
(a) An intricate Jewish meal.
(b) A roast.
12. How could the amount of time Pfeni and Geoffrey spend together be categorized?
(a) They have a very specific arrangement to only see each other every other weekend.
(b) They spend all of their time together.
(c) They see each other only on their yearly vacation.
(d) They spend much of the time apart.
13. What does Gorgeous do for a living?
(a) She is an artist,
(b) She teaches.
(c) She hosts a radio call-in show.
(d) She works in musical theater.
14. Where was Merv prior to arriving at Sara's house in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He says he was in Israel.
(b) He says he was in India.
(c) He says he was at a meeting of a Jewish congress.
(d) He says he was at an anti-war rally.
15. What is Tess's school project?
(a) A biography of her mother's early years.
(b) A biography of a famous feminist.
(c) A series of essays on revolutionaries.
(d) A science fair experiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pfeni say is her motivation for coming to dinner?
2. What does Sara think of Tess's project?
3. What do Geoffrey and Pfeni do to entertain everyone at the party in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Why doesn't Tess take the statue of Shiva?
5. What is one of Merv's concerns regarding the discussion at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)