|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara object to Tom's and Tess's relationship?
(a) Tom is not American.
(b) Sara thinks Tess is too young to have a boyfriend.
(c) Tom is a revolutionary.
(d) Tom is too possessive of Tess.
2. What would Geoffrey like to do with the delegation?
(a) He would like to use their stories.
(b) He would like to form a chorus with them.
(c) He would like to take photographs of them for a magazine article.
(d) He would like to join their cause.
3. What does Sara tell Pfeni to do after the ceremony and exchange with Gorgeous?
(a) She says Pfeni always starts conflict.
(b) She says Pfeni should leave.
(c) She says Pfeni should say her prayers as well.
(d) She says Pfeni should blow out the candles.
4. What does Pfeni say is her motivation for coming to dinner?
(a) She wants to return to her Jewish roots.
(b) She doesn't want Gorgeous to be the only sister who shows up.
(c) She wants to meet Tess's boyfriend.
(d) She has nothing better to do.
5. What does Merv say about his former wife?
(a) She was never threatening.
(b) She was intimidating.
(c) She was a shrew.
(d) She was unfaithful.
6. What other play is referenced in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) The Scarlet Pimpernel.
7. What delegation is Geoffrey expecting?
(a) A delegation of revolutionaries.
(b) A delegation of homeless people.
(c) A delegation of foreign dignitaries.
(d) A delegation of American theater owners.
8. Why does Sara reject the statuette?
(a) Sara says she is too old for it.
(b) Sara is superstitious about touching it.
(c) Sara says it will bring her bad luck.
(d) Sara says it doesn't match her decor.
9. What is Gorgeous doing in London?
(a) She is leading a bus tour.
(b) She never says.
(c) She is visting a famous Jewish synogogue.
(d) She is seeing several plays in London's West End theater district.
10. As Act 1, Scene 3 opens, what is being served?
(b) A roast.
(c) An intricate Jewish meal.
11. What do Sara and Nick discuss during the party debate in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The economic reperscussions of the Concert of Europe.
(b) The beautiful Sabbath ceremony.
(c) Nick's attraction toward Gorgeous.
(d) The plight of displaced Jews.
12. Whose side does Merv take in the debate that is occurring at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Sara's side.
(b) Nick's side.
(c) Tom and Tess's side.
(d) He does not appear to have an opinion.
13. What is Geoffrey's profession?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He sells faux furs.
(c) He is a theater director.
(d) He is a costume designer.
14. What cause do Tom and Tess support?
(a) An artist's movement.
(b) An anti-war manifesto.
(c) Animal rights.
(d) A social revolution in Eastern Europe.
15. What is Nick's reaction to the global situation?
(a) He gets teary-eyed.
(b) He passionately shouts that they must do something.
(c) He wants to write a check to help the cause.
(d) He does not appear to care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara say men usually feel about her?
2. What do Geoffrey and Pfeni wear when they enter Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How does Pfeni exit Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why won't Sara allow Tess to move to the United States?
5. Gorgeous's husband does not attend the party. What reason is give in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)