Short Essay Questions Key
1. What are Sara's relationships like as seen in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is indicated about Tess's political views in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is represented by Sara's rejection of the statue of Shiva?
4. Sara says Pfeni sounds very "New York." What does she mean by that?
5. Why might Tess being doing her school project at the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
6. How does Sara feel about Tess's school project?
7. What is represented by Pfeni's traveling with shopping bags and how is this indicated in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. What might be said about the relationships between mothers and daughters in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. In Act 1, Scene 2, give an example that demonstrates what is revealed about Pfeni's self-image.
10. Describe the relationship between Geoffrey and Pfeni.
11. Describe the character of Merv.
12. What does Act 1, Scene 2 reveal about Sara's attitudes toward marriage and how is this revealed?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)