Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is Tess listening to when Pfeni arrives?
A recording of a women's chorus her mother used to sing with as a young woman.
2. What is Tess's school project?
A biography of her mother's early years.
3. Why won't Sara allow Tess to move to the United States?
She says American universities are declining.
4. When Pfeni first arrives, she is late. Who or what does she blame that on?
An Indian taxi driver.
5. Why doesn't Tess want Nick to come to dinner?
Tess dislikes Nick's capitalist values.
6. Why does Sara object to Tom and Tess's relationship?
Tom is a revolutionary.
7. Why does Pfeni carry her belongings in shopping bags?
Pfeni's grandmother said shopping bags were for "crazy people," and she wants to prove her right.
8. What does the statue of Shiva represent?
Shiva is the goddess of...
This section contains 2,945 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)