|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play does Pfeni quote from when she and Geoffrey are speaking at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Anton Chekhov's Three Sisters.
(b) Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot.
(c) William Shakespeare's Hamlet.
(d) Anton Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Tess accuse Sara of living without?
(b) A belief in fairy tales and mythology.
(c) A firm grounding in reality.
3. How does Sara feel about the Sabbath ceremony?
(a) She says Gorgeous is not orthodox enough.
(b) She ridicules it.
(c) She is very respectful.
(d) She says she wishes their mother was there to lead it.
4. What does Geoffrey say about Sara and her work as they talk during the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That it reminds him of the pop songs they are listening to.
(b) That he thinks she is not working up to her potential.
(c) That it is too important to her and thus means she does not spend enough time with him.
(d) That he believes in her.
5. Why does Sara reject the statuette?
(a) Sara is superstitious about touching it.
(b) Sara says she is too old for it.
(c) Sara says it will bring her bad luck.
(d) Sara says it doesn't match her decor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives during the Sabbath ceremony?
2. What does Pfeni say about herself as a daughter during Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who clears the dinner table at the opening of Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What do Merv and Geoffrey do when they first see each other?
5. What sort of dinner is Merv hoping for?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)